Author Topic: Walgreens is Dumb  (Read 16562 times)

u3759

Walgreens is Dumb
« on: May 25, 2010, 06:46:36 pm »
Funny story,

I was buying makeup at Walgreens today, and the price came out to HOLYEXPENSIVE. So I told the cash register lady to take out the lipstick.
She scanned it again to take it off the list.

When I looked through my items in the car, I found the lipstick in there.
Apparently she put it back in the bag after scanning it orz

So I got a free lipstick that originally costed $7.99! 8D

Your funny store stories?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:47:11 pm by danayoki »

oslapedo

Re: Walgreens is Dumb
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 07:15:35 pm »
You didn't give it back? ;A;

Walgreens has nice sale prices, like super glue for less than a dollar and hair dye for $5.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 07:18:48 pm »
I was at a small coffee shop down the street from where I live. The guy at the cash register was cute. I ordered a 16 oz. caramel mocha for my mom. He flirted with me while the lady next to him made the coffee. He hands it to me with a "Have a nice day!" and turns away.

I was like "Um, how much is that?"

And he goes, "Oh, yeah, I have to charge you. Well I don't have to, but I probably should...."

So I gave him the money and left.

I guess that's not really all that funny, but I was amused. XD
I miss 2010.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 07:29:31 pm »
Win!
I've snuck out with things *is a horrible person* but never had them handed to me.
A guy at the candy shop once gave me candy for free ;)
Not that kind of candy shop, you perverts! Get your minds out of the gutter xD
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 07:44:09 pm »
It's really easy to jack from there too xD

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 07:45:41 pm »
^ She is a horrible person too, it's not just me xD
It is going to be...

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 07:55:24 pm »
okay my best miss charge story( I clip coupons so it happens a lot)     So here I am a week before my wedding million things to do.  I stop at safe way and get a roast, on sale 2 $ a lb x 3lbs= 6$ right? well it didn't show up on the package, so I asked the butcher WHO said it would come off at the register, which it did not i was charged 8 $ instead of 6                 So I took it to customer service, lady there said it DID come off and I had saved even more $$$. so she was trying to tell me 6>8 while I was trying to tell her no, 6<8.                      she gets exasperated with me and says "let me find some one who can explain this to you in a WAY you will understand" at this point I am thinking if she can find some one to tell me how 6>8 that would be awesome.                     So she finds some one else to help me with out even telling them the problem I tell him he is suppose to explain 6>8 I show him the ad and the roast.    He DOES THE MATH On THE REGISTER!! to see that 3x2=6 then looks at the ad
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 08:00:26 pm »
I was at Safeway the other day, buying some food, right? Just a little bit, enough to fit into one bag. So the lady rings me up, takes my money, give me my change and receit, and wishes me a nice day. So I'm about to leave, but then I realize: she hasn't given me back the stuff I bought. It's still in a bag next to her. So I move out of the way, and watch while she helps two other customers before she notices I'm still there. xD

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 08:08:24 pm »
Hn it cut part here the rest,                                  The ad was expired but since the butcher had told me it was good, he would give me the difference.  He gave me 4 bucks now I paid 8 should have paid 6 so I should have gotten 2 bucks but at that point I felt like I earned it.      right after I bought wedding stuff and passed a dottys and felt really lucky and I figured I had this extra 2 bucks  that I shouldnt have I went in and put it into a machine *note not encouraging gambling I just had a really strong vibe* and 15 mins later I had turned it into 135 bucks, after  tipn lady there 5 and buying my husband to be a clue scratch it that won 20$ the end

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 08:18:49 pm »
@superjaz - Lucky!!! Man, I'm going to Vegas next month, maybe I should try to buy a roast too before I go...

Aaaany funny store stories? 'Cuz I work at a grocery store and oh, the tales I can tell.

My favorite is the Drive-By-Tortillaing lady. Apparaently an older woman ran into her son's ex-wife in our store, and, angry at her, threw a bag of tortillas at the ex-wife's head. The woman dodged, though, and the tortillas hit a shelf full of spaghetti sauce, shattering three jars all over the floor. The mother abandons her cart and runs out of the store. The ex-wife marches off to a manager and insists on pressing charges. Some poor coworker had to clean up the spaghetti sauce, tortillas, and glass shards off Aisle 5. And the rest of us died laughing.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 10:08:21 pm »
One day I went to a Taco Bell and got extra food in the bag without paying more than the original order price. Got a extra Nacho Surpreme and a Chalupa.

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 12:28:21 pm »
I half-way love it when they mess my order up at places to NOM. I usually get the least expensive thing on the menu, so there's nowhere to go but better.
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 02:26:41 pm »
SO THIS ONE TIME...
Yeah, I've got nothing.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 03:55:41 pm »
oh don't get me started on out to eat places, my bad luck is legendary

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 04:47:13 pm »
I meet with a private tutor every Tuesday, and we meet in a Starbucks in downtown Portland. We switched locations since this story, but at the old location this really cool college guy used to work there. Once I went up to him to order, and he was like "Hey, give me a high-five!" so I did, then I ordered my ridiculous frappuccino drink. Then the guy was like "My shift is almost over, plus you gave me a high-five, so I'm going to give this one to you for free."

Thus I got a free caramel frappuccino.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 04:52:13 pm »
Once I stopped by a Taco Bell with my best friend. While in line, we started talking to the guy in front of us, who my friend recognized as an aquaintance of her older sister's. When it came to his turn, instead of ordering, he walked behind the counter, put on his Taco Bell hat, and proceeded to give us our order for free.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 07:13:52 pm »
I was at the hospitle the other day.
Laying out in the hall way.
My baby cousin SCREAMING inside the room.
You could hear him down the hall xD

A lady comes up and starts talking to me..
"...and the baby is driving me crazy" I sit up and lean again the wall.
She looks at me blankely. "Your pregnate?"
"[Mod edit by JeffT: Removed inappropriate language] no:]"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:50:08 pm by JeffT »

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 08:16:24 pm »
Thats funny.

One day at a track meet I walked into a beam standing from the school and got stitches. lol.   I still cant believe I just walked into that stupid pole/beam.

Then the teachers are like " DONT WALK INTO A POLE." When they see me.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 08:20:37 pm »
Thats funny.

One day at a track meet I walked into a beam standing from the school and got stitches. lol.   I still cant believe I just walked into that stupid pole/beam.

Then the teachers are like " DONT WALK INTO A POLE." When they see me.
While that's a heartwarming story, it isn't very on-topic.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 08:24:24 pm »
I meet with a private tutor every Tuesday, and we meet in a Starbucks in downtown Portland. We switched locations since this story, but at the old location this really cool college guy used to work there. Once I went up to him to order, and he was like "Hey, give me a high-five!" so I did, then I ordered my ridiculous frappuccino drink. Then the guy was like "My shift is almost over, plus you gave me a high-five, so I'm going to give this one to you for free."

Thus I got a free caramel frappuccino.
High fives as a method of payment... I like this *3*
It is going to be...

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 09:27:28 pm »
Back when I was barely out of boot camp, my friend and I went to visit his cousins in Hannibal, Mo. from Great Lakes NTC near Chicago. Well I think it was Saturday night, and we were getting thirsty, so I walked into a gas station to buy a bottle, not thinking there was a problem. She asked for my ID and I gave her my military ID. She looked it over front and back, and then asked for another piece of ID. I gave her my Oregon driver's license, and she still couldn't figure it out, then charged my whatever amount it was, and put the bottle in the sack. I go to meet my friend and cousins at the car. And found out that the drinking age was 21 there, not 18 as I had thought. I was 2 years too young, and my ID said so too.

Yes, we did eat the worm.

Which reminds me, can you imagine souhterners talking  like they were from Encino, Ca.? Oh migawd, y'all!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 09:54:15 pm »
You know it's weird .. back when I was overweight and had long hair, I used to get free stuff all the time.  Now that I'm skinny and have short hair I can't get any love. D:

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 08:56:55 am »
I have had many different interesting experiences at stores...but one that sticks out is the time I got a free $55 pair of shoes. I had a bunch of work clothes with a couple pairs of shoes to ring up...first the lady rang up the wrong price on the shoes (they were on sale). After I pointed it out & she tried to fix it, she accidentally rang up the shoes 2 times. Once she finished voiding things & modifying prices...it seemed to be right so I payed for all my stuff & left. When I got home & was looking at my reciept, I noticed that one of the times she had voided items off, she voided an extra time...so when she rang up the shoes after that fact, they didn't get charged.

Offline Pots

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 05:26:16 pm »
I was buying starbucks at a drive thru and they got my order wrong! So I tapped on the window and told them and they gave me my correct order but slammed the window shut before I could give them back the wrong one. O_o

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 06:22:14 pm »
THIS ONE TIME I WENT TO STARBUCKS, ORDERED A DRINK, AND PAID. :DD
My stories aren't as good as you people's. ;o;

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 07:04:22 pm »
Win!
I've snuck out with things *is a horrible person* but never had them handed to me.

WIN when they forget to scan the cat/dog food/litter sitting in the cart

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 07:12:31 pm »
THIS ONE TIME I WENT TO STARBUCKS, ORDERED A DRINK, AND PAID. :DD
My stories aren't as good as you people's. ;o;
MAN SHAY YOU'RE SUCH A REBEL. XD Hahaha.
I miss 2010.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 07:34:50 pm »
today went to kfc (client outing not my food choice)  and I ordered a breast they gave me a thigh instead, lucky i noticed there, they gave me a breast so I had an extra thigh which i am taking home to my little bro... I don't eat thighs

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 07:40:33 pm »
I thought Kinky when you said kfc o.o
It is going to be...

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2010, 10:09:36 pm »
just went to dinner with my friend Vallie this is what happend which is pretty normal:

I ordered fried shrimp, it came with 2 set sides but you can pick different sides from a list, I got a side salad hold the tomatos and a baked potato instead of succatash and pea's

One mistake was the salad size, from side to dinner, tho still had the tomatos I asked to not get, good on getting potato, bad on still getting both sides I didn't want and could not eat for allergys, bad on getting wrong dipping sauce (ranch) instead of shrimp sauce, good on haveing extra ranch for my jumbo salad that filled me so up that I couldnt eat much of my potato which is bad as I like potatoes....

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 11:01:28 pm »
Once I was at a blatant little candy shop, and I bought a one cent suker. I gave her a dollar bill, and she handed me a hundred dollar bill back and said, "Here's your change!" I told her it was a hundred dollars too much, and she was like, "Oh..."
Her boss came out and fired her right in front of me.

Save Caprica!!

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 11:43:57 pm »
Remember when I was talking about the guy who works at the coffee shop near my house? Well guess who got a free marionberry smoothie today?  8)
I miss 2010.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 10:09:27 am »
Haha.
There is a little coffeeshop here on the main street.
The guy said to turn in a resume,
cause he remembers seeing me all summer last year. :]

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 07:08:35 pm »
Marionberry smoothies... mmmmm

Save Caprica!!

Offline cloud-9

• Chibi
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 08:49:49 pm »
Once I was at a blatant little candy shop, and I bought a one cent suker. I gave her a dollar bill, and she handed me a hundred dollar bill back and said, "Here's your change!" I told her it was a hundred dollars too much, and she was like, "Oh..."
Her boss came out and fired her right in front of me.

It makes no sence that she would hand you bills when she should have origionally handed you 3 quarters 3 dimes and 4 pennies. any kind of bill would have been to much.... *realizes i have been pointing out the olbvious* oops. to lazy to delete what i have been writing. you have the randomest luck sometimes KH

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2010, 09:59:47 pm »
^You don't know the half of it!

Save Caprica!!

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2010, 10:58:13 pm »
I went into Goodwill today to ask about the "NOW HIRING" sign they had in the window. They rudely informed me that I needed two years of retail experience in order to apply. I tried to thank the lady for letting me know, and she turned away and ignored me. :/

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 09:35:28 am »
One day I went to a Taco Bell and got extra food in the bag without paying more than the original order price. Got a extra Nacho Surpreme and a Chalupa.

This is why I love Taco Bell... I swear the people there just love giving stuff away. I haven't paid for a drink there in over a year and if I go into the lobby there's like a 50% chance of getting something extra thrown in my bag. It's weiiiirrrdddd. The best was when the guy made me and my friend both free frutista freezes... YUMMMMM!
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2010, 03:09:39 pm »
Okay, so there's a new one opening up in Vancouver.  I went to the one that's two blocks away from my house, and asked one of the cashiers about how I could apply for a job at that one.  She told me that it wasn't a new one, but that this one was closing down and RELOCATING!  She wasn't too thrilled about it, either, because she knows that many people that live in the area will have nowhere else nearby for getting groceries.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2010, 03:19:05 pm »
Okay, so there's a new one opening up in Vancouver.  I went to the one that's two blocks away from my house, and asked one of the cashiers about how I could apply for a job at that one.  She told me that it wasn't a new one, but that this one was closing down and RELOCATING!  She wasn't too thrilled about it, either, because she knows that many people that live in the area will have nowhere else nearby for getting groceries.
You didn't read the first post, did you.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

oslapedo

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2010, 03:20:34 pm »
Haters gonna hate, at least it's Walgreens related!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2010, 03:26:15 pm »
You didn't read the first post, did you.

Actually, I did, clear back when this thread was new.  I was making this comment because it was Walgreen's-related (as pointed out by oslapedo) and this story happened recently.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2010, 04:17:19 pm »
One time at Walgreens I went up to buy some stuff, and a funny thing happened.

Register dude: "You're into anime?"
Me: "Uh....how'd you know?"
-Guys points to my Vocaloid Keychains-
Me: "Oh, hurdur, yeah. You?"
Him: "Naw, I'm more of a gamer."
Me: "Yeah, I'm more of a cosplayer. What games?"
Him: "Haha, that's nerdy. Mostly World of Warcraft.
Me: "You're a super nerd."
Him: "Hahaha, anyway, wanna save five bucks on your stuff?"

Best visit ever.

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2010, 04:31:39 pm »
HURRHURR.
You gaiz are lucky.
Nothing like that's ever happened to Mewmew. D;

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2010, 07:27:33 pm »
Brb putting vocaloid keychains on my bag
Hurdurdur you're gonna save so much money now

Mewmewmew- ; O ;

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2010, 07:53:29 pm »
The secerity tags in JC Pennies dont work.
The workers forget to take them off sometimes and you can walk right out with no alarm or anything. My brother knows how to remove the tags without the ink getting everywhere.

/Never stole anything. In case anyone is wondering <_<
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:54:12 pm by kit2kit »
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)