Author Topic: Need your opinion about makeup  (Read 1090 times)

Offline wolfy2491

• Chibi
    • My facebook~
Need your opinion about makeup
« on: August 12, 2010, 11:34:54 pm »
Hi guys! So my friend Vampirefangs103 is doing Koffing gijinka for her first day of Kcon, and I always end up doing the makeup/hair stuff. (I'm not a super good cosplayer, so at least I'm good for something. XD) And she suggested that I put these pictures up on here and facebook, so anyone friends with me on facebook, you can go see those as well (Katria Hiersche).

So, here's the cosplay makeup!!

This one is a comparison one.

And here's a closeup

I would like to make it a darker purple around the outside corner of the eye, but I got lazy. XD And I want to put more purple eyeliner on the top and bottom. lol.

so let me know what you think! I love constroctive critisim!! ^^

Offline Aero

• Catgirl
Re: Need your opinion about makeup
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 11:43:52 pm »
I really like the way it looks . C: I really don't have any criticism about it . I was gonna say it looked un-even in places , but that also helps the foggy look . D: I dunno , maybe a little more on your cheeks ? I'm really bad with make-up stuff . Dx
CREATER OF T.P.C. COSPLAY GROUP - Based in Gresham , wanna join ? Pm me . 8D
Alois is set for Sakura-con !!! HUZZZAH !

Offline wolfy2491

• Chibi
    • My facebook~
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 11:47:15 pm »
XD That's fine, I appreciate every little thing I can get. Thank you! Even saying you like it helps me!

I just need to know if she'll get the snide "Wow, that looks like poop" comments or not, because I would feel bad having my masterpiece getting made fun of. XD Which I doubt would happen, but I just wanted some input.

But thank you!!! <3

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 11:58:15 pm »
It looks a bit shiny. :T And a bit more farther out on the eyes would look better I think. Either than that I think it looks okay. :3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline wolfy2491

• Chibi
    • My facebook~
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 12:51:16 am »
Yeah, unfortunetly the colors I bought have glitter in them. :/ So I can't do too much about the shine. Although I can see if some of my stage makeup from past plays I've done will reduce the shine.

Farther out on the eyes, like to the sides? Make them longer?

Offline Emirintan

• Sailor Scout
    • My Facebook <:
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 08:47:38 am »
Thats so amazing *A* really.

My tips are.... use a less glittery eyeshadow? To me the shine seems to kill the image xD; And like you said, darker eyeshadow around the outer corner of the eyes. Hm... and the reference picture seems to have a more closed eye. Maybe try a black eyeliner all the way across the upper lash-line? And a little less white would help, too.

If you want to go all out I'd do false bottom eyelashes too.

Aaaah sorry that was a lot D; Hope it helps though!
Kumori-Con 2010 Cosplays

{ Vincent Nightray ; 90%
{ Megurine Luka   ; 75%

Offline wolfy2491

• Chibi
    • My facebook~
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 08:50:35 pm »
No! That's exactly what I wanted! lol. Thank you!

I can't really do much about the glitteryness, sadly. :/ So we gotta kinda suffer through that one. lol.

But yeah, the black eye liner sounds like a good idea. X.X One of my non-cosplay friends suggested that too. So I'll mess with it. lol. Less white? Hmm...I'll try that. =D Thanks~

Oh man, fake lashes would be AMAZING. I'll talk to her about that. XD I haven't done fake lashes yet. <.<...

Offline Emirintan

• Sailor Scout
    • My Facebook <:
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 02:49:01 am »
Oh I'm glad~ I'm the type who tries to help TOO much when it comes to cosplay OTL

Less white would probably make it less glittery, I think. <:
I haven't used false bottom lashes before, but I'm sure I'll need to one day. Let me know how it goes~! I'd love to see pictures again next time you try it out ahah~
Kumori-Con 2010 Cosplays

{ Vincent Nightray ; 90%
{ Megurine Luka   ; 75%