Author Topic: Liquid Latex  (Read 2743 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Liquid Latex
« on: July 29, 2010, 09:31:05 pm »
Does anyone know where I can buy some?

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: Liquid Latex
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 09:52:01 pm »
Are you looking for latex paint or latex prosthetic supplies?

Google will help you with either.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 09:54:45 pm »
I'm trying to make a fake scar. I found ways to do it without liquid latex and a friend has some but just for future reference would be nice. Is there any store I can go to or is online the best bet?

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 10:51:01 pm »
Well I don't know about stores, but I think online would probably be your best bet simply for the benefit of a lower price and no doubt better selection.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 11:19:31 pm »
You can get Liquid Latex almost anywhere, Though it sucks to find. XP Because it is usually in small amount. But you can get it here http://www.stageandtheatermakeup.com/effects.htm or there is a costume shop in portland that sells from small amounts to Gallons.
http://hollywoodportlandcostumers.com/index.html

Hope this helps Nikki and if you need any tips or such I can help for i've been studying special effects makeup and even did my senior project around it. So I have tons of books and such to help ^-^ Good luck.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 11:27:13 pm »
I imagine I could find somewhere XD Thanks for all the help. I may need help to make a good looking scar. Your dad tells me you are pretty good at it :D

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 12:59:33 am »
I imagine I could find somewhere XD Thanks for all the help. I may need help to make a good looking scar. Your dad tells me you are pretty good at it :D
lol yah kinda ^w^ right now i'm work on some latex hellboy horns and then some other prosthetics. Now what kind of scar are you going for? A fresh cut, deep old scar, flat scar? If you can pm a reference I could take a look and give you a better idea on what to use and materials. I hope one day i'll be a special effects make up artist or creature maker so I love to get my hands around any kind of project that's like this. ^_^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 06:48:35 am »
I imagine it would be a flat scar. Its for Saix from Kingdom Hearts http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd287/bigkitty91j/Kingdom%20Hearts/Saix-2.jpg

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 10:25:58 am »
You might hop by Creation Station when we have our Body Painting for Cosplay panel!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 03:35:58 pm »
Oh god, I need to go to that freaking panel. We've got to make 5 people blue for Sakuracon and have no idea where to start.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 04:35:17 pm »
I imagine it would be a flat scar. Its for Saix from Kingdom Hearts http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd287/bigkitty91j/Kingdom%20Hearts/Saix-2.jpg
oh that's easy, you can do it many ways. But first i'd apply a thin coat of liquid latex in the X shape let it dry (hairdryer helps dry it faster) then go from the middle of the X and add another layer making sure to stay really thin near the edges so you can blend in the latex to the skin. (Makes it look more real) Let it dry and just do this over and over till you get the thickness or look you want. If you want an indent to make it look like it has taken out some flesh, just lightly press the latex with something (paint brush end, fingernail, etc.) and let it dry it should do a indent if not. Try scar wax, scar wax is something you would want to put on before the liquid latex or else it becomes a mess. Then just take some different shades of red (dark for the inside and the lighter for the outside) and just paint over the latex.(makeup works, acrylic paints work, 3d puffy paint works real well)

Or you can draw it on with makeup and skip to the whole liquid latex part.

Sorry if this is confusing i'm better at showing then telling XP lol

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 04:36:45 pm »
Oh god, I need to go to that freaking panel. We've got to make 5 people blue for Sakuracon and have no idea where to start.
PAX paint is a god send, it doesn't rub off, water proof and easy to apply, can make what ever color you want, can be used in airbrushes and anything really. It just takes a while to get off, but soooo worth it. ^_^

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 05:23:48 pm »
I see it in stores around haloween, I would stock up then...if i weren't allergic...
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 10:59:36 pm »

I think I may just draw it on. When I have time I am going to practice. And don't worry it wasn't confusing at all. I have some sort of idea what to do. I was also thinking about making a mold so I could use it over and over.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 11:06:17 pm »

I think I may just draw it on. When I have time I am going to practice. And don't worry it wasn't confusing at all. I have some sort of idea what to do. I was also thinking about making a mold so I could use it over and over.
molds are really good, I made a mold of some joker scars and it worked really well. can't wait to see the results at k-con. :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 11:08:05 pm »
WAIT?! Are you going to kcon now?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 03:46:12 am »

My panelist is a personal friend coming in from the Bay Area to give the panel. He is a professional, easily the best IMHO at what he does (full installation pieces, multiple people painted for an entire cosplay scene). In the 2-hour panel he talks about the intricate process of prep work that should take place before the paint is applied, for it to look best & last longer. You will really learn a lot there. Spread the word, it is likely to fill up if people realize it's there.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 04:12:04 am »
yep yep ;) if I get a ticket

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 04:12:50 am »

My panelist is a personal friend coming in from the Bay Area to give the panel. He is a professional, easily the best IMHO at what he does (full installation pieces, multiple people painted for an entire cosplay scene). In the 2-hour panel he talks about the intricate process of prep work that should take place before the paint is applied, for it to look best & last longer. You will really learn a lot there. Spread the word, it is likely to fill up if people realize it's there.
totally going to this, I love learning anything that has to do with special effects makeup. ^-^ woo

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 08:02:33 am »
yep yep ;) if I get a ticket
That is great news. I thought you wouldn't be going.

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 05:03:04 pm »
I think i've seen adult stores advertise this.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 09:16:30 pm »

I have this handled, you silly girl. Going to buy an airbrush, remember? I'm getting one for my twi'lek anyway. I have a lot of good info on paints to use too, there's a forum of twi'lek costumers that I am on and their experience with various types of paints so that part I can take care of very easily. I just really need to start researching commissioners o.o
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 10:29:40 am »
WELL ANTHONY I WOULD LIKE TO LEARN THINGS TOO

Maybe...hahahaha.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 01:01:41 pm »
I actually need to start getting into liquid latex and stuff, have some ideas for things I need to start experimenting with for this stuff too.

WELL ANTHONY I WOULD LIKE TO LEARN THINGS TOO

Maybe...hahahaha.
This is out of the question! Actually I want to go to that panel too since more info is always a good thing
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2010, 03:29:13 pm »
I do not know if airbrushing will be part of what Roget, our body-painting panelist, discusses, but I will try to find out :)