Author Topic: Kumoricon is running out of badges?  (Read 5953 times)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
Kumoricon is running out of badges?
« on: July 25, 2010, 06:14:22 pm »
Is this true. :U

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: Kumoricon is running out of badges?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 06:41:16 pm »
I heard that too and I'm worried I won't be able to wait until the last day to prereg to get mine |:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 06:47:22 pm by Hazuza »

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 06:47:51 pm »
Why are you waiting so long?! omgggg D:  Geet it nowww!!1!

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 06:48:59 pm »
lolmoniessss.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 09:01:56 pm »
I'm buying mine tomorrow, and Hazu, you could use the money you get for Nia to pre-reg, yes? D:
I BETTER GET A BADGE, OR ELSE I'LL PROBABLY BOMB A CABBAGE FIELD.
Ffff.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 09:52:46 pm »
Borrow money from someone then pay them back! Or collect as many cans and bottles as you can for cash return! :O
*trying to get her friend moving to buy his* D<   

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 12:18:17 am »
lolmoniessss.

Didn't you make me those Rover charms?  One of them just broke today so I might need moar? D:

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 05:12:14 pm »
I'm buying mine tomorrow, and Hazu, you could use the money you get for Nia to pre-reg, yes? D:
I BETTER GET A BADGE, OR ELSE I'LL PROBABLY BOMB A CABBAGE FIELD.
Ffff.
Yes. ono Well, I think I have enough now *sold some stuff*

Borrow money from someone then pay them back! Or collect as many cans and bottles as you can for cash return! :O
Lol bringing in cans is smelly and takes forever *A* I could make more panhandling *shot'd*

lolmoniessss.

Didn't you make me those Rover charms?  One of them just broke today so I might need moar? D:
Broke? What D:
So we don't threadjack, message me or something. I can make them waterproof now too, so that's a plus *n*

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 05:16:28 pm »
If you go to the main page (kumoricon.org) at the top there is a little status bar. It looks like about have of the pre-reg badges are gone, now I am not too sure about full weekend badges. Its right under "Welcom to Kumoricon 2010" in the blue box

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 06:02:13 pm »
If you go to the main page (kumoricon.org) at the top there is a little status bar. It looks like about have of the pre-reg badges are gone, now I am not too sure about full weekend badges. Its right under "Welcom to Kumoricon 2010" in the blue box
Huh. Never seen that bar before. Thanks Nikki! c:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 07:00:01 pm »
I didn't notice it till today either :P

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 07:44:40 pm »
I was planning to wait until the last minute to decide if I'm going to go this year or not. I don't know if I'll be able to swing the Star Wars Celebration V and this too. But I guess if KumoriCon runs out of tickets than I guess the decision is made for me, heh.

Oh well, no big deal. I'll just have to hit it next year.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:45:24 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 09:37:35 pm »
Lol bringing in cans is smelly and takes forever *A* I could make more panhandling *shot'd*

We wash all our cans before we put them out, so I don't have that problem. I made $20 in 15 mins today from recycling cans. Just got to make sure if you have over the per limit day amount you have a couple friends willing to help you turn the cans in and collect the cash for you.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 10:26:54 pm »

We wash all our cans before we put them out, so I don't have that problem. I made $20 in 15 mins today from recycling cans. Just got to make sure if you have over the per limit day amount you have a couple friends willing to help you turn the cans in and collect the cash for you.

That time doesn't account for collecting them, though.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 10:37:12 pm »

That time doesn't account for collecting them, though.

Ah, yeah we've had ours in the garage forever. And If I want more I just as my huge extended family members, all whom live within a 5-20 minute car ride from my house.

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 10:49:41 pm »
DON"T PANIC   :D

We are currently at 1638 with a pre reg cap of 3500, we are almost halfway, so yes we are running out, but slowly. I suggest registering as soon as you can, they will start going fast in the weeks to come. We have set the capacity based on hotel regulations.

Any passes sold after 3500 are at the discretion of the hotel's current capacity, it's policies and safety guidelines.
We would like as many people as we can to attend, but due to city fire code, we can not exceed the building's allowable limit per room and entire structure.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:50:52 pm by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 11:57:49 pm »
So is the cap lower than what was allowed last year?

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 11:59:01 pm »
They haven't changed it in a few weeks though. :<

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 06:18:33 am »

The box will be changed as soon as he website admin changes it. I just sent him the updated info last night

By the way, it has only been up for 10 days
=^_^=

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 01:06:10 pm »

The box will be changed as soon as he website admin changes it. I just sent him the updated info last night

By the way, it has only been up for 10 days

It had already been updated when you two posted. :P
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 02:34:53 pm »
Lul sorry. xD
In happier news, I PRE-REG'ED. :DDD
So yay, no more worrying.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 05:08:31 pm »
Sooooo, just to double check, can we still go into the hotel lobby if we don't have a badge? I wasn't planning on buying a badge since all of the activities I'm attending are outside the con and last year I didn't go to any panels/gameroom/dances/dealers hall, so it seemed like a big waste of money.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 05:56:51 pm »
Sooooo, just to double check, can we still go into the hotel lobby if we don't have a badge? I wasn't planning on buying a badge since all of the activities I'm attending are outside the con and last year I didn't go to any panels/gameroom/dances/dealers hall, so it seemed like a big waste of money.

Send your message to Operations@Kumoricon.org they can answer your question
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:59:45 pm by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 06:27:58 pm »

Just to fuel speculation (hehe ;)) even though this post is not an official answer, it is very likely you can stay in the lobby without a badge.

Even though the hotel is reserved for the convention in terms of events, that does not mean the entire room block belongs to the convention. Unaffiliated people can still reserve rooms there.

Offline Imposer12

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 06:17:39 pm »
So if you paid for a badge but don't receive it due a shortage, then I take it that people would have to purchase tickets at the door? People won't be allowed in to the event area without one or the other correct?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 06:27:12 pm by Imposer12 »

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 06:28:31 pm »

Just to fuel speculation (hehe ;)) even though this post is not an official answer, it is very likely you can stay in the lobby without a badge.

Even though the hotel is reserved for the convention in terms of events, that does not mean the entire room block belongs to the convention. Unaffiliated people can still reserve rooms there.

I'll be making more of an issue of this in my own post on the subject but in terms of hotel rooms...

We are coming down to the wire. I have a very LIMITED number of Doubles left, and then once they are gone you may only book Single King rooms... so... if you are planning on getting a con Hotel room, you better get your tooshy in gear!

Also, while the hotel is public property, without a con badge/a hotel room the hotel can ask you to leave if you loiter... so just be aware of that, not saying they will, just saying they can.
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 06:37:21 pm »
So if you paid for a badge but don't receive it due a shortage, then I take it that people would have to purchase tickets at the door? People won't be allowed in to the event area without one or the other correct?

Definitely not... all sold badges are guaranteed. The cap only refers to new badges to be sold. Even if the cap is reached, if you already pre-registered, you will be let in.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 06:39:32 pm »
I have a question about Badge 1. Is there someone than can answer it, please send me a pm.

Offline Imposer12

• Cabbit
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 08:59:25 pm »

Definitely not... all sold badges are guaranteed. The cap only refers to new badges to be sold. Even if the cap is reached, if you already pre-registered, you will be let in.

It just sounded like there was a shortage from the "not to clear" initial question. So please don't gather together with pitch forks and torches and pay me an at home visit.
(I have my hands full dealling with visits from Jehovah's Witnesses as it is)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:19:00 am by Imposer12 »

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 02:25:38 pm »

It just sounded like there was a shortage from the "not to clear" initial question. So please don't gather together with pitch forks and torches and pay me an at home visit.
(I have my hands full dealling with visits from Jehovah's Witnesses as it is)
... Dude, calm down. He was answering your question.

Offline Imposer12

• Cabbit
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 05:02:29 pm »
... Dude, calm down. He was answering your question.

What do you calm down? I was never upset or ? to begin with. Anyway, I'm too busy with my own animation projects to be concerned over trival things like that. Just pointed out that the initial question was somewhat vague.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 05:31:42 pm by Imposer12 »

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 11:03:40 pm »
Hey guys, let's keep it on-topic. Take it to PM if necessary. (Also, I find it amusing how much the edited posts are changing from the initial versions (which people who subscribe to the thread can receive via email), which may be adding to the tension.)

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 11:06:42 am »
Hey guys, let's keep it on-topic. Take it to PM if necessary. (Also, I find it amusing how much the edited posts are changing from the initial versions (which people who subscribe to the thread can receive via email), which may be adding to the tension.)

Sorry, I did 1 or 2, with in 5 min of my original post, but for good reason. I needed to ensure i stated it correctly according to our policies.

Everyone, this thread started as a question about the number of badges remaining, would you please return to that, or start a new thread.

Thank You

=^_^=