Author Topic: Masquerade Idea Proposal!  (Read 11803 times)

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
Re: Masquerade Idea Proposal!
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2010, 12:45:18 am »
I found some good examples for the added stuff just so you get a general idea of what it would look like...
This shows a white flower with silvering tipping, as said in a previous post tipping is were you color the tip of the main flower

This is an example of what glitter would look like. It shows a white flower with glitter. Although I would use a smaller amount of glitter. I like using glitter spay which lasts longer and is easier to use  :)
Trinkets and Tragedy Co-Manager
2013 cosplay: Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garter belt.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2010, 10:44:12 am »
Mina: Keedokee, I will let them know.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2010, 10:04:33 pm »
Thanks for the examples of tipping, I still think no tipping is good, seems more classy.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2010, 11:38:24 pm »
Would the glitter be white or the same color as the flower or...? o 3o

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2010, 12:24:52 am »
I stick by my previous statement, white with silver tips~  ;D

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2010, 10:45:31 pm »
Would the glitter be white or the same color as the flower or...? o 3o
The glitter would be normal glitter color, which is clear. It would look white sometimes and silvery others.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2010, 12:07:59 pm »
I would want red or white with the glitter...
Probably more on the red side.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline kai-chan

• Cabbit
    • Kawaii Factor
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 12:36:04 am »
I would have to say White with silver tips. For one the red with the Glow in the Dark tipping wont glow! its not dark enough in the ball for the flower to actually glow. Also Red on the Host Club outfit will look horrible. Also white will go with anything people are wearing.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2010, 05:53:19 pm »
~updates~
I've got an email from Cassie and she's asked that I remind all host that they need to be learning the waltz and east coast swing, so keep up the hard work!
Also I'll be going to Jo-Ann's to figure out prices for the Bouts and Corsages during the week next week so you won't have to wait very much long for the prices.
I'll be scheduling the dance practice during this month I'm not sure what day so please bare with me. I remind you that if you can't make it it's ok because we're having another one on the Friday of kcon.

Offline J3l1yspy98

• Cabbit
    • My DA Account
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2010, 02:52:54 pm »
I would have to say White with silver tips. For one the red with the Glow in the Dark tipping wont glow! its not dark enough in the ball for the flower to actually glow. Also Red on the Host Club outfit will look horrible. Also white will go with anything people are wearing.

Lol I said that because I could use it for my own personal enjoyment later one  ;D But I do't really care, it'll be cool either way  8)

~updates~
I've got an email from Cassie and she's asked that I remind all host that they need to be learning the waltz and east coast swing, so keep up the hard work!
Also I'll be going to Jo-Ann's to figure out prices for the Bouts and Corsages during the week next week so you won't have to wait very much long for the prices.
I'll be scheduling the dance practice during this month I'm not sure what day so please bare with me. I remind you that if you can't make it it's ok because we're having another one on the Friday of kcon.

My friend and I are trying to find time to practice together DX Haven't had any! But he just got back from vacation so I can steal him for awhile >:D And would you have any idea where the practice before con would be?
Symbol of Resistance

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2010, 09:52:05 pm »
Two words: MOAR SECURITY.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2010, 08:01:14 pm »
I've had people asking when I'm having the practice and I'm still not sure but, I do have a good place to practice!
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=ester+shore+park+vancouver+wa&fb=1&gl=us&hq=ester+shore+park&hnear=Vancouver,+WA&cid=0,0,1150334819369125387&ei=xGFGTLSJGZPQsAPE9f21Ag&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQnwIwAA
Clicking on this link will lead you to a google map of Ester Shore park in Vancouver, WA.
It's a great park with a good choice of places to practice. I'm also hoping to have a bit of a pot luck after practicing.
So tell me what you think and a date that would be good for you

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2010, 10:16:42 pm »
I don't really know about everyone else, but I need a place I can get to on public transportation, which would mean in the Portland metro area. ._.

I think the International Rose Test Garden has an amphitheater/stage-type area. That might be good for practicing?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2010, 04:23:19 pm »
...o.o I myself have the same problem, thats why I picked Ester shore because it has 1 or 2 buses that go by it. But, I'll look into the amphitheater. Also I'll look up some other places in Portland if its a better place for everyone to meet just so we have several places to pick from.

Offline J3l1yspy98

• Cabbit
    • My DA Account
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2010, 08:16:28 pm »
Ya, if it were closer to Portland, I'd have more of a chance to go  :P
Symbol of Resistance

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2010, 02:28:24 pm »
If your volunteering I'll assume you like the idea and put you down as liking it.

List of Current Volunteers
snowshoedtiger (me)
Gryffinclaw Princess
J3l1yspy98 aka Kai
Lady Locust
Camname21
Malaria

I'm volunteering, and so is my friend Kai (kai-chan on the forums) She'll be hosting in a regular nice dress (no host related cosplay) and I'll hopefully be going as a random male host (ouran uniform)

Should there be a thread or something for official sign ups to be a host volunteer? That way it's not lost in the conversation? Real name of volunteer, Forum name, contact info, plus if they are going going in any Ouran related cosplay (though don't go as a specific host member like Tamaki, etc), which gender, or if they will be in regular ball clothing? It should also be noted that while people who can learn dances like the waltz and swing are wanted, others who just want to go around and be friendly, asking people to dance without having learned any specific dances are needed as well to help with the "wallflower situation"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:29:37 pm by kimiski »

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2010, 02:58:38 pm »
I'm volunteering, and so is my friend Kai (kai-chan on the forums) She'll be hosting in a regular nice dress (no host related cosplay) and I'll hopefully be going as a random male host (ouran uniform)

Should there be a thread or something for official sign ups to be a host volunteer? That way it's not lost in the conversation? Real name of volunteer, Forum name, contact info, plus if they are going going in any Ouran related cosplay (though don't go as a specific host member like Tamaki, etc), which gender, or if they will be in regular ball clothing? It should also be noted that while people who can learn dances like the waltz and swing are wanted, others who just want to go around and be friendly, asking people to dance without having learned any specific dances are needed as well to help with the "wallflower situation"
I apologize for not updating the volunteer list. I'd be more than happy to start a new topic for sign-ups but, I can't post personal information of the volunteers without permission. Also Cassie said that she specifically wanted hosts to know how to formally dance so I think I'll hold onto that thought until I can talk to her about it.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2010, 09:20:17 pm »
I asked earlier in (one of the dance threads lol) if everyone who volunteered needed to know formal dance, and I thought not all needed too, because I talked about my friend wanting to help go around asking people to dance but not being food at memorizing dancing.

When they sign up you can always have them PM the personal info if they don't wanna pot it to the forums.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:07:59 am by kimiski »

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2010, 11:17:23 pm »
I'm sorry I've been trying to keep up with the other forums but, its difficult. ^^;

Indeed, I've made it so that is so (The sign up is up and running as of now)

Coolio! It looks spiffy!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2010, 11:57:11 pm »
I'm sorry I've been trying to keep up with the other forums but, its difficult. ^^;

Indeed, I've made it so that is so (The sign up is up and running as of now)

Coolio! It looks spiffy!

Haha it's okay! I understand that part! :D

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2010, 11:57:32 pm »
~Update~

I've posted a new topic for host sign ups bellow is the link
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=13279.msg609493#msg609493
Please read it and post accordingly so that I can get a good count.
Thank you!