Author Topic: Adult Night Out Any One?  (Read 22057 times)

Offline KiraTOD

• Cabbit
Re: Adult Night Out Any One?
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2010, 09:43:31 am »
If you dont mind i mean either way its cool it sounds like there will be a couple including me that are planning to meet at the hotel and walk there. As far as a time i would guess peps would want to get there as soon as possible. So lets just say we meet up out side the hotel at 8:40 ? Because i guess its like a 10 to 15 min walk. If you guys want to do a diffrent time let me know.

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2010, 09:53:53 am »
I think it also depends greatly on how often you drink. Someone who has a drink once in a blue moon is way more likely to feel sick as a result of getting "tanked" than someone who drinks more often. Age definately plays a big role in it too...although I can still drink quite a bit before my next day sucks, it's nowhere close to when I was younger lol. Everyone's different when it comes to drinking...

@NekoChan234: Have you read the announcment on the front page about the pre-party at Ground Kontrol? That is where we are planning to meet up on Friday night...it starts at 9pm & goes until they close (which I imagine will be based off how busy they are like a typical 21+ hangout...2:30ish) Looks like some peeps are gonna be meeting at the hotel & heading there together.

I will be heading there with a group of 5 already...would you guys like us to wait & go with the rest of you? If so, what time should we plan to meet at the hotel entrance?

YES YES PLEASE WAIT FOR ME XD i get lost easily any time and any place at the hotel name the time and place ill be there

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2010, 10:10:25 am »
Ok then, for the sake of putting something in stone here then...lets meet at the main hotel lobby entrance at 8:30pm. Plan to be leaving by 8:40pm sharp so make sure you are there on time if not early. It's not too far of a walk...just past Burnside by 1 street & around the corner so 20 minutes should get us there on time if not 5 min early depending on how fast we move. :P

I will be easy to spot...short hair, baggy clothes, straight jacket...ya. Will be with 4 other people, 3 female & 1 guy. Not sure how much help that will be but it shouldn't be hard to find me lol.

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2010, 10:12:44 am »
Ok then, for the sake of putting something in stone here then...lets meet at the main hotel lobby entrance at 8:30pm. Plan to be leaving by 8:40pm sharp so make sure you are there on time if not early. It's not too far of a walk...just past Burnside by 1 street & around the corner so 20 minutes should get us there on time if not 5 min early depending on how fast we move. :P

I will be easy to spot...short hair, baggy clothes, straight jacket...ya. Will be with 4 other people, 3 female & 1 guy. Not sure how much help that will be but it shouldn't be hard to find me lol.

Sounds good. Just because I'm a map nerd, I looked it up, and it's exactly a half mile.

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2010, 10:15:51 am »
alright... main hotel entrance 830.... i will be dressed like estelle from tales of vesperia... *points at display pic* is the alcohal free or do i need to bring money

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2010, 10:18:03 am »
is the alcohal free or do i need to bring money

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha cute.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2010, 10:18:23 am »

Sounds good. Just because I'm a map nerd, I looked it up, and it's exactly a half mile.
Ya, I'm the same way lol...its just around the corner from a couple bars that we hit up last year during con.

alright... main hotel entrance 830.... i will be dressed like estelle from tales of vesperia... *points at display pic* is the alcohal free or do i need to bring money
Definately bring money...entry to the event is free, but all food, drink & gaming will have to be payed for.

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2010, 10:20:08 am »
ha ha yay! ^_^ im so excited

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2010, 10:22:14 am »

whhhat i was just asking i dont know these kind of things you never know -^.^-

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2010, 10:31:30 am »

lol sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean, but one thing you learn when you're our age is there is NEVER free alcohol. Unless you're at a wedding :P

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2010, 10:34:13 am »

lol sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean, but one thing you learn when you're our age is there is NEVER free alcohol. Unless you're at a wedding :P

hmm not unless youre very very lucky i suppose.... oh well all the same it will still be fun! ^_^

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2010, 11:42:08 am »
I wish there was free booze lol...it's such a wallet destroyer to drink at the bar lol.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2010, 01:12:49 pm »

Totally

Offline KiraTOD

• Cabbit
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2010, 11:30:25 pm »
Ya i cant wait either ^.^ . Like i said before i work so much that i dont get time to go make friends / hang out so ya.... lol. Also there is such a thing as free booze out side a wedding but only for girls "Sigh"........ If someone likes them im sure there going to be throwing drinks there way free of charge :P At least thats what it seems like to me   :-[

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2010, 01:07:03 am »
Ya i cant wait either ^.^ . Like i said before i work so much that i dont get time to go make friends / hang out so ya.... lol. Also there is such a thing as free booze out side a wedding but only for girls "Sigh"........ If someone likes them im sure there going to be throwing drinks there way free of charge :P At least thats what it seems like to me   :-[

Let's see how well you can crossplay!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2010, 08:56:16 am »
If "Adult Night Out" is becoming simply an organized pilgrimage to the Ground Kontrol pre-party on Friday, I'm afraid I'm going to have to duck out, because I don't want to ditch emasik that night. She has another year to go before she can ID and it'd be quite rude to leave her at the hotel.

Alcohol is not cheap so anytime you go out its nice to assume that no one else is buying.

If you wanted to save money, the only way is to buy at a store and drink in your hotel room.  But if we arranged that on the forums, it would constitute a "room party," and the con frowns greatly on those.

Let's see how well you can crossplay!

Aww, crossplay never got me free drinks. Maybe I need to work harder at it. :P

Ya i cant wait either ^.^ . Like i said before i work so much that i dont get time to go make friends / hang out so ya.... lol. Also there is such a thing as free booze out side a wedding but only for girls "Sigh"........ If someone likes them im sure there going to be throwing drinks there way free of charge :P At least thats what it seems like to me   :-[

Yes, it's extremely common for guys to buy drinks for girls as a way of saying "I'm into you."  However, I've always considered it extremely rude for a girl to accept from a stranger only because she planned to sponge off of guys from the start, and not because she's at all interested. Because seriously, each drink at a bar costs $6-12 these days, and paying for another person really adds up. It's kind of like saying it's your birthday when it's not, just to get a free sundae....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:07:41 am by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline KiraTOD

• Cabbit
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2010, 09:16:35 pm »
Thats to bad  :-[ Well it makes sence i would be kind of messed up to leave someone behind just to go have fun your self. I hear that GK only serves beer so when i get there i wont be there all night i need some hard alcohol i hate beer :P

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2010, 10:45:22 pm »
1 can of beer at a club/pub 4$: cost of it if you bought it at the store and could take it wherever, .60 cents to 1$~   Yes it costs a lot for drinks.  And that's just a can, anything else is a bunch more :/

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2010, 05:34:47 am »
well then ill probably only have 1 to two drinks but thats fine its all about haveing fun and the company you have with you

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2010, 07:42:10 am »
I was going to comment on the whole "being a girl for free drinks" thing...but I agree with Radien about it being rude to accept them lol.

It's always cheaper to buy your alcohol outside of a bar...but that's because it's a convenience to have someone else get your drinks & host for you. Also, most people don't have dance floors, food menus, & other activities readily available for large groups of people. :P Personally...as much as I agree the prices are highway robbery, in cases like this (Kumoricon is a vacation from my everyday work/grind as well as a couple hundred miles from home), I will pay them. I always plan to have plenty of funds available when I leave home for any reason.

Anyway, if they don't have any decent micro-brews then I'm sure we will be wandering off to a different bar in short time. I don't generally drink domestic beers when I have a choice...we are in Oregon, the land of great beer. Not to mention, the girls (the ones with me :P)will want some liqour drinks at some point. Anyone else is more than welcome to tag along for as long as they like...we will probably be out late.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2010, 01:45:04 am »
Thats to bad  :-[ Well it makes sence i would be kind of messed up to leave someone behind just to go have fun your self. I hear that GK only serves beer so when i get there i wont be there all night i need some hard alcohol i hate beer :P

Is that beer-beer or "drinks about as strong as beer"?  Oh well... it doesn't matter either way. I hate beer, and I refuse to pay $3+ for anything that can be bought in a can or a bottle. I only buy mixed drinks.

I was going to comment on the whole "being a girl for free drinks" thing...but I agree with Radien about it being rude to accept them lol.

Hey, glad to hear of a girl who agrees. :) Thanks.

A more accurate way to think of it, instead of "free drinks," it's more like "using somebody else's money."  It'd only be truly "free" if the bar gave it to you, in my mind.

It's always cheaper to buy your alcohol outside of a bar...but that's because it's a convenience to have someone else get your drinks & host for you. Also, most people don't have dance floors, food menus, & other activities readily available for large groups of people. :P Personally...as much as I agree the prices are highway robbery, in cases like this (Kumoricon is a vacation from my everyday work/grind as well as a couple hundred miles from home), I will pay them.

While I grumble about girls who get guys to buy all their drinks, I also understand that it costs a lot of money to run a bar.  And it's not so much the building, the dance floor, or food menus.... it's the liquor license.  They have to paid a fortune for those.  So when I go to a bar I usually get one $6 drink minimum just to pay for the seat.  If I can get a good deal on something, I buy more. For instance, The Speakeasy in Eugene has incredible panini sandwiches for $5 a pop, and it's a full meal with sides. *drool* :D

So, uhhh... While it's fun talking about what we like to do when we go out, will there actually be a group going out during the con?

If not, I guess that's okay... I'd have to ditch my roomies to go, and that could be a bad thing at certain times.

Apollo Justice

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2010, 07:42:15 am »
Thats to bad  :-[ Well it makes sence i would be kind of messed up to leave someone behind just to go have fun your self. I hear that GK only serves beer so when i get there i wont be there all night i need some hard alcohol i hate beer :P

Is that beer-beer or "drinks about as strong as beer"?  Oh well... it doesn't matter either way. I hate beer, and I refuse to pay $3+ for anything that can be bought in a can or a bottle. I only buy mixed drinks.

I agree & disagree with the beer part, but I actually like beer as long as its a decent one (micro-brews tend to be my favorite). Beer off tap is much better tasting & fresher than canned or bottled so I can see paying a little more, especially if it's a micro-brew which taste infinitely better & have a much higher ABV% than domestic brews. Plus, the amount of beer served when on draft is more than the standard size canned or bottled...16oz/pint as opposed to 12oz. Yes, it's still priced to make a profit so naturally it's much more expensive than if you bought it by the keg & served it yourself. Most people don't have a way to serve draft beer away from the bar though, so it's easy for most beer drinkers to just pay the price. Of course beer isn't for everyone so I understand your feelings on the matter...there are plenty of drinks out there that I dislike greatly.

Hey, glad to hear of a girl who agrees. :) Thanks.

A more accurate way to think of it, instead of "free drinks," it's more like "using somebody else's money."  It'd only be truly "free" if the bar gave it to you, in my mind.

I am actually a guy lol...but my G/F feels the same way about it. Only time I think it's ok, is if it's a friend buying a drink just because they want to.

It's always cheaper to buy your alcohol outside of a bar...but that's because it's a convenience to have someone else get your drinks & host for you. Also, most people don't have dance floors, food menus, & other activities readily available for large groups of people. :P Personally...as much as I agree the prices are highway robbery, in cases like this (Kumoricon is a vacation from my everyday work/grind as well as a couple hundred miles from home), I will pay them.

While I grumble about girls who get guys to buy all their drinks, I also understand that it costs a lot of money to run a bar.  And it's not so much the building, the dance floor, or food menus.... it's the liquor license.  They have to paid a fortune for those.  So when I go to a bar I usually get one $6 drink minimum just to pay for the seat.  If I can get a good deal on something, I buy more. For instance, The Speakeasy in Eugene has incredible panini sandwiches for $5 a pop, and it's a full meal with sides. *drool* :D

So, uhhh... While it's fun talking about what we like to do when we go out, will there actually be a group going out during the con?

If not, I guess that's okay... I'd have to ditch my roomies to go, and that could be a bad thing at certain times.

Aside from this night alone...I can almost guarantee that myself & my friends (the ones travelling up with me)will venture out each night(I don't plan to miss the Anime Hunters after Dark panel though). Anyone is more than welcome to join us when we do, the more the merrier. This is more than just con for us, it's a vacation lol...so we plan to make the most of it, as usual. :D If you would like, we could exchange cell numbers incase you want to go out during con...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:42:55 am by Cyprus »

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2010, 08:48:13 am »
I agree & disagree with the beer part, but I actually like beer as long as its a decent one (micro-brews tend to be my favorite). Beer off tap is much better tasting & fresher than canned or bottled so I can see paying a little more, especially if it's a micro-brew which taste infinitely better & have a much higher ABV% than domestic brews. Plus, the amount of beer served when on draft is more than the standard size canned or bottled...16oz/pint as opposed to 12oz. Yes, it's still priced to make a profit so naturally it's much more expensive than if you bought it by the keg & served it yourself. Most people don't have a way to serve draft beer away from the bar though, so it's easy for most beer drinkers to just pay the price. Of course beer isn't for everyone so I understand your feelings on the matter...there are plenty of drinks out there that I dislike greatly.

I totally understand. If you actually LIKE the taste of beer, hey, more power to ya!  I hear this is a great area for microbrews.  I just don't personally share the appeal.

I am actually a guy lol...but my G/F feels the same way about it. Only time I think it's ok, is if it's a friend buying a drink just because they want to.

Hahaha... D'OH!  Yeah, I saw the word "bunnygirl" below your name and misunderstood the way you worded your statement. Curse you, post-count ranking system.

And just for the record, I do buy people drinks now and then. Especially if they're a friend and I know it's they're birthday or something.

Aside from this night alone...I can almost guarantee that myself & my friends (the ones travelling up with me)will venture out each night(I don't plan to miss the Anime Hunters after Dark panel though). Anyone is more than welcome to join us when we do, the more the merrier. This is more than just con for us, it's a vacation lol...so we plan to make the most of it, as usual. :D If you would like, we could exchange cell numbers incase you want to go out during con...

Hey, sounds shweet.  I might be free one of those times.  And yeah, I'd love to exchange cell numbers, because exchanging cells is "takin' care-a bidness" when it comes to the con.  Otherwise we're flyin' blind until we successfully run into somebody, right?  I text more at cons than I do anywhere else in my life.  Very useful when you can't hear your ringtone or feel your phone vibrate (this is often an issue in cosplay).

Apollo Justice

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2010, 09:56:50 am »
I totally understand. If you actually LIKE the taste of beer, hey, more power to ya!  I hear this is a great area for microbrews.  I just don't personally share the appeal.
Oregon is actually the microbrew capitol of the US :D

Hahaha... D'OH!  Yeah, I saw the word "bunnygirl" below your name and misunderstood the way you worded your statement. Curse you, post-count ranking system.
I kinda figured that is what happened lol...it's cool :)

And just for the record, I do buy people drinks now and then. Especially if they're a friend and I know it's they're birthday or something.
I would assume no less :P

Hey, sounds shweet.  I might be free one of those times.  And yeah, I'd love to exchange cell numbers, because exchanging cells is "takin' care-a bidness" when it comes to the con.  Otherwise we're flyin' blind until we successfully run into somebody, right?  I text more at cons than I do anywhere else in my life.  Very useful when you can't hear your ringtone or feel your phone vibrate (this is often an issue in cosplay).
I also utilize my texting a lot at con lol...except in cosplay because of my gloves. I will go ahead & PM you my cell number then, & if your feeling like you wanna hang out or escape to go have a drink or 2, just hollar.

Offline Kasper

• Oni
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2010, 12:15:20 pm »
Well if your a guy and want free beer or liqueur just go to a Gay club and people will buy you drinks. Now what make that scary is some cross dress and look like women  so you will probably want to limit how much you drink. Had a cross-dress man hit on me while I was getting drinks for me and my girlfriend and her friends. Talk about awkward. I reply sorry I don't swing that way and he started to apologize I stopped him before he could finish and told him that he did nothing to be sorry for he thought I was cute and decided to hit on me I couldn't be mad at him for that considering all the ladies I hit on and get turned down by. Which explains why I was at a gay bar my girl friend and her friends like the gay bar because they don't have to worry about men hitting on them. After that I could see why they chose a gay bar I was the only one being hit on through the night which I still don't know how to accept it. Wither to be proud that gay men find me attractive  or very distributed that I attract more gay men then women. That was the lest amount of booze I have ever had at a club 2 Budweisers and turned down 6 drinks from strangers cause I don't want someone buying me anything that I don't know.

Offline KiraTOD

• Cabbit
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2010, 04:35:03 am »
I really don't like people taking advantige of others because of their sex either but i was just saying it happens :) and i usually buy drinks for my friends from time to time just because i like to. But ya if your cool with it i'd like to tag along with you after you leave GK and maybe some other time during the con :) And holy crap there is a lot of Quotes about other comments thats all i see for like a whole page lol :P

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2010, 04:54:21 am »
Oregon is actually the microbrew capitol of the US :D

So I've heard!  I'm happy for you, I guess. But I will sit out on that one.

I kinda figured that is what happened lol...it's cool :)

Haha, yeah. Well, apparently I'm a bunnygirl too!  Us bunnygirls gotta stick together! :P

I would assume no less :P

I guess I didn't really need to mention that. It just came to mind since the last two times I've gone out to a pub, a friend was having a birthday. (One of the friends in question was pregnant and couldn't drink, so I bought her a hot chocolate, ha.)

I also utilize my texting a lot at con lol...except in cosplay because of my gloves. I will go ahead & PM you my cell number then, & if your feeling like you wanna hang out or escape to go have a drink or 2, just hollar.

Thanks for your number. :)  I, too, cosplay characters with gloves, but I've been lucky: it's always been fingerless gloves.  I guess Link likes being able to text, too?

Kasper:

I have some gay friends so I've been to a gay bar before.  Now I don't live in Portland, but your case sounded a little bit rare.  The only time I saw crossdressers there was a particular ensemble that performed every once in awhile.

But who knows, I'm not exactly a good judge.  I was hit on that I can recall.  So either I'm not all that good-looking, or my hetero vibes are obvious or something. :P

Or, equally likely, I'm just oblivious to it...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 04:58:46 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2010, 07:59:31 am »
Thanks for your number. :)  I, too, cosplay characters with gloves, but I've been lucky: it's always been fingerless gloves.  I guess Link likes being able to text, too?
Ya...sadly I don't have the same luck lol...

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2010, 10:02:35 am »
I have some gay friends so I've been to a gay bar before.  Now I don't live in Portland, but your case sounded a little bit rare.  The only time I saw crossdressers there was a particular ensemble that performed every once in awhile.

Well, there is one gay bar here in Portland that's about a block away from Ground Kontrol (I can't think of what the place is called) that almost ALWAYS has crossdressers (crossplayers???) hanging around. Not that I mind; what they're into is what they're into, just saying. It's pretty funny because I usually get a "What's up, honey?" when I walk past ^.^

And I'm usually like "Honey...senpai?"
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:03:31 am by flyinvee11 »

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2010, 03:18:00 pm »
Sorry dude, that was me.

Just kidding.  ;)

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2010, 03:37:40 pm »
Aha! I KNEW I'd seen those persocom ears somewhere else!

Offline KiraTOD

• Cabbit
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2010, 05:24:32 am »
Update on time and place on first page of Adult Night Out Out Any One?.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2010, 06:52:20 am »
I really don't like people taking advantige of others because of their sex either but i was just saying it happens :) and i usually buy drinks for my friends from time to time just because i like to. But ya if your cool with it i'd like to tag along with you after you leave GK and maybe some other time during the con :) And holy crap there is a lot of Quotes about other comments thats all i see for like a whole page lol :P
Thats fine by me...if you have fun hanging out with us & wanna go with us another night, we can certainly arrange that. :) We are planning to go out other nights with a couple other people from the forums that might tag along. :D