Author Topic: Masquerade Idea Proposal!  (Read 11809 times)

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
Masquerade Idea Proposal!
« on: June 19, 2010, 09:13:42 am »
Welcome to the "Masquerade Idea Proposal" topic.
The point of this topic is really to see what people think of this idea and to get a list of possible volunteers (if, of course this idea gets okay'd)

So here it is:
To have a group of dedicated people, who have or have not been taught how to dance, act as sort of hosts. By host I mean they go around asking people to dance. This eliminates the problem of no one knowing how to dance (well sort of) and not having to start a panel that in previous times was not large enough to have everyone be able to attend.

I will be running a total list of possible volunteers and people who like this idea on the post bellow

~EDIT~

Feel free to add my msn, email me or add my facebook attached to given email on my account I've made a special k-con email and facebook *thumbs up*

also to the people who run the forum, if you feel this is something that I should not be doing for whatever reasons, I apologize ahead of time and will shut done if you so wish it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 01:27:21 am by snowshoedtiger »
Trinkets and Tragedy Co-Manager
2013 cosplay: Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garter belt.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
Re: Masquerade Idea Proposal!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 09:14:45 am »
If your volunteering I'll assume you like the idea and put you down as liking it.

List of Current Volunteers
snowshoedtiger (me)
Gryffinclaw Princess
J3l1yspy98 aka Kai
Lady Locust
Camname21
Malaria
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 06:38:01 pm by snowshoedtiger »

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 11:37:01 am »
I was totally stalking the other thread that this idea was brought up in and I just wanted to say that it is an amazing idea!

I would totally help out and would definitely be attending the event.
If this turns into a Host Club dance, I'll even make one of the uniforms. :P

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline J3l1yspy98

• Cabbit
    • My DA Account
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 05:40:57 pm »
Put me down as a volunteer XD And also planning to attend (lol duh..)  :D
Symbol of Resistance

Offline Lady Locust

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 10:49:12 pm »
I would love to volunteer~
Kumoricon '16 cosplays:
Smoky Quartz (Steven Universe)
Punk girl Roxy (Homestuck)

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 01:47:32 am »
Not 100% sure I'm going yet, this year but if I do I will help out with this as well.

Do we want to try and do any sort of event during the dance, such as a dance or two with everyone moving in sync?  And has anyone talked to the coordinator to confirm the dance is even happening (especially adding that their might be some volunteers?)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 11:01:43 am »
If this would be an Ouran dance maybe we could have something like done in the anime where they had that kissing "incident" but instead it would be something more innocent.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 11:38:57 pm »
Quick look!
Alright so I've talked to the Vice Pres and the President and this is what they told me.
that they're contacting the Director of Programming
and that it sounds like it may be workable
and that they were probably not going to have it due to problems that arose last year.

But, the way they made it sound sounds like it might go on if we incorporate plan "hosts to the rescue" (thats right I named it)

Then again that's what it sounds like to me so don't quote me on that one xD

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 11:47:04 pm »
Ok just to get things straight so as to not confuse people...
The Masquerade will not be turned into a Oran Host Dance because people may think you have to dress like an OHC char which is not the case.
Although I do encourage you to dress as one if you want and the '10 Masquerade rules allow it.

Also
What do you think of making arm bands so that people can distinguish the hosts as hosts? Too much?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 12:06:45 am »
Maybe a dance contest? o 3o And the winner would get a donated basket of stuff?

I think some sort of distinguishing article would be good. Whether it be outfits or arm bands.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 01:17:34 pm »
I kinda like the dance contest, or maybe even a best outfit contest? =3
But, right now I'm just worrying about the "hosts to the rescue" plan so all other ideas I'm going to hold off until I talk to the V. Pres, the Pres and the Director of Programming.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 06:56:55 pm »
I like the idea of having something that distinguishes hosts, but not liking the armbands so much.  The best idea would be a matching semi-fancy mask that we all wear.  This way we have our masks and Its the first thing everyone sees on us so we instantly stand out. (Granted we tell them/have it displayed on yojimbo as well?)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:58:07 pm by camname21 »

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 07:43:58 pm »
The Ouran Host Club may be hosting the ball after all. I've been talking to the director of programming about it. I'm the one who ran the tea party last year, and when the call came for who to run it, my group jumped on it as we've wanted to host a dance before. The more people that can help teach and get people dancing the merrier though, so we need to combine forces. As you planned, you won't have to dress as Host Club characters (especially because we already have a full group for it), and you'd be distinguished by something. The Host Club will provide more entertainment and a bigger themed event feel to it, and we'll take care of the music.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 10:24:05 pm »
I like the idea of having something that distinguishes hosts, but not liking the armbands so much.  The best idea would be a matching semi-fancy mask that we all wear.  This way we have our masks and Its the first thing everyone sees on us so we instantly stand out. (Granted we tell them/have it displayed on yojimbo as well?)
I rather like the mask idea!
The Ouran Host Club may be hosting the ball after all. I've been talking to the director of programming about it. I'm the one who ran the tea party last year, and when the call came for who to run it, my group jumped on it as we've wanted to host a dance before. The more people that can help teach and get people dancing the merrier though, so we need to combine forces. As you planned, you won't have to dress as Host Club characters (especially because we already have a full group for it), and you'd be distinguished by something. The Host Club will provide more entertainment and a bigger themed event feel to it, and we'll take care of the music.
Oh sweet! Well then in that case I think I'll rephrase my previous statement ^^;
Alright so are you the one to talk to about combining forces? Cause I'd really like to get on the same page.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 10:29:14 pm »
Yes, I'm the one to talk to.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 01:18:40 am »
Please let me help out with this!  ;D ;D

I can steal my shy friends Ouran High Uniform and cross play, asking girls to dance
Or I can go around in just a dress in some distinguishable thing and ask guys to dance

I do have a question though, should all "host" volunteers be required to learn some dances in a panel beforehand, or can we have some volunteers who just go around and their task is to ask people to dance to however they wanna dance. Cause I have some friends who ould be willing to ask people to dance all night, but they are not good at memorizing dance steps.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 01:30:29 am by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 02:00:15 am »
I want to say preferably don't go as an Ouran character that's already being cosplayed, so we have our one group running things like a real host club ball and don't have to deal with duplicates. But if you want to be some other character in the school, there may be a need for leads, or in general "guys" that can ask girls to dance. What is the gender ratio normally like at this type of event?

There isn't space to spare for a dance instruction panel, but everyone should definitely start preparing now, so as to lead people in dancing at the event. There are a lot of dance instruction videos that you can find online, and I'm sure you can find a friend to practice with. We can meet up beforehand somewhere at the con if anyone wants last-minute practice then. As for those friends that can't memorize the steps but will ask people to dance, that's fine - their help is needed just as much, to break people out of their shells and get people to have fun!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 02:32:58 am »
I want to say preferably don't go as an Ouran character that's already being cosplayed, so we have our one group running things like a real host club ball and don't have to deal with duplicates. But if you want to be some other character in the school, there may be a need for leads, or in general "guys" that can ask girls to dance. What is the gender ratio normally like at this type of event?

There isn't space to spare for a dance instruction panel, but everyone should definitely start preparing now, so as to lead people in dancing at the event. There are a lot of dance instruction videos that you can find online, and I'm sure you can find a friend to practice with. We can meet up beforehand somewhere at the con if anyone wants last-minute practice then. As for those friends that can't memorize the steps but will ask people to dance, that's fine - their help is needed just as much, to break people out of their shells and get people to have fun!

I wouldn't be a specific Ouran character, just the uniform and put my hair back in a ponytail and binding so I'm just a "guy school attendee" I think more girls go to the ball than guys in all honesty.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 01:52:22 pm »
Then yeah, do that. :D

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 02:23:19 pm »

Hmm I was thinking maybe we could have a get together somewhere and learn together before the con? Then for the people who can't come to the get together we could have the last minute practice to get them up to par. Just a thought.
Oh! and do you think I could get your e-mail? So we can share ideas and such

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 02:57:14 pm »
Cassi - So would you want us to be random male Ouran students? Or would you mind a few females. I don't think my boobs are small enough to bind to be a guy but I could try...

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 05:28:42 pm »
snowshoedtiger: If you guys want to have a meet-up for that, I think that's a super cool idea!~ I just won't be able to come, because I'm traveling a lot over the summer. People should still do as much practicing on their own as they need. And yeah, my email is on my profile. (Make sure you use the address labeled Email, not MSN.)

Gryffinclaw Princess: Only if you want to be! Don't mind females. Are you thinking of dressing up in the female Ouran uniform, or not? It's really up to you to dress up however you want. Dressing as someone from Ouran (as long as it's not the Host Club) will contribute more to the atmosphere, but it's not at all necessary. ~

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 05:34:46 pm »
Cassi - Yes, I will probably be making a female Ouran Uniform for it. I'll probably have to wear a wig cause my hair makes me look like long-haired Haruhi. XP

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 05:44:52 pm »
Okay. You can probably get away with not having to wear a wig, though.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 09:16:48 pm »
@snowshoedtiger-
Personally, I wouldn't be able to make it to any pre-con meeting or anything like that since I'm here in Salem without a ride. I could meet on day zero after we check in and unpack and all that good fun stuff.

@Gryffinclaw Princess/ Cassiopeia-
Girls are gonna be needed too to entertain the male folk that come to the dance. ^___^  You can put my friend "Kai" down on the volunteer list to, and she is on the forums, somewhere.... lol. She said she'll wear a prom dress (if she can find it) and go as a girl, otherwise she'll steal our second ouran boys uniform and go as a random ouran male student.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 09:20:08 pm by kimiski »

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 11:45:18 pm »
@ Cassi and Kimi:
Alright then we can still have the day 0 get together, I just thought it would be nice to get some people together before con.

Hmm I'll have to see which of my male friends are coming so I can try and get them to help out ;D

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2010, 12:42:54 am »
I still think it's a great idea to have a meet-up before the con for whoever can go. Even so, that may be just once, and there'll be those like kimiski and I that can't go. It's imperative that all the hosts know how to dance (I can't stress this enough), so people should get practicing as early as possible so as to be comfortable by the time the con comes around and be able to actually serve as a host. Unless you already know how, just one practice won't be enough. Even if you do, it's great to keep your skills fresh, and there's always more to learn. :]

And yes, female hosts will be needed too.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2010, 01:04:04 pm »
I'd be happy to act as a host and help out with getting people to dance. But I don't have an Ouran uniform and don't care to get one, so maybe we should come up with a secondary way to distinguish hosts from the rest of the crowd? Armbands or pins or something?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2010, 05:31:56 pm »
Okay, so let me get this right.  Ouran has been given permission to take over the masquerade dance.  Can (not will) you do whatever you want for the dance, or is this still a masked + formal/cosplay dress event?  If there is not going to be a dance practice panel before hand this year, what kind of  dancing will take place?  Last year looked alright, but it was 90% people that went to the pre event that were actually doing any sort of ball room dancing when the music started up for the real thing.

As for your gender ratio last year I'm fairly sure there were 2:1 in favor of girls, if not more.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2010, 10:59:36 pm »
I'd be happy to act as a host and help out with getting people to dance. But I don't have an Ouran uniform and don't care to get one, so maybe we should come up with a secondary way to distinguish hosts from the rest of the crowd? Armbands or pins or something?
Cassie has asked that you specifically don't dress as a ouran host person. So no, you don't have to at all.
I was hoping to have a specific mask design for the hosts so I'll talk to Cassie about.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:02:47 pm by snowshoedtiger »

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2010, 11:31:18 pm »
~UPDATE~
So have I talked to the Cassie and she has asked me to help get info to you guys and gals, make sure you learn your dances and get more volunteers!

Cassie will be arranging the music set and has said that we will be using a mix of Western and Japanese. Also she's putting together a team to enforce the dress code so I'm thinking that it will still be formal but, I'm not sure about masks.

The Waltz will definitely be on the dances to learn list. It's the most important dance to learn so make sure to get it down
An exact list of what dances to learn will be coming out within the next few days.

If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to give them, I'll be conveying them to Cassie.

~Also I'd like it very much if those who are volunteering would be so kind as to send me their e-mail to my listed email account on my profile so that i can send info directly there.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2010, 11:45:12 pm »
My e-mail: nightsungoddess@hotmail.com

I'm really excited for this! 8D

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2010, 11:48:56 pm »
Can (not will) you do whatever you want for the dance, or is this still a masked + formal/cosplay dress event?
The dress code will be the same as last year, just without masks. At least semi-formal, with cosplay allowed that falls within those lines. (So it'll be a ball, as opposed to a masquerade.)

If there is not going to be a dance practice panel before hand this year, what kind of  dancing will take place?  Last year looked alright, but it was 90% people that went to the pre event that were actually doing any sort of ball room dancing when the music started up for the real thing.
This is why we have hosts. They'll know how to dance, dance with people, and help them out as needed. And see what snowshoedtiger just said.

Mina, thank you again for your help. \o/
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:49:52 pm by Cassiopeia »

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2010, 08:48:29 pm »
~IDEA~
So I talked to Cassie about having a distinguishing item like an arm band or a mask for all hosts.
And since it's probably not going to be a masquerade the mask is out.
So we were wondering what you thought of identical boutonnieres for the boys and corsages for the girls?
I'd be making them by hand and would be using plastic flowers that you could most likely keep.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 03:44:44 am »
Cassie has asked that you specifically don't dress as a ouran host person. So no, you don't have to at all.
I was hoping to have a specific mask design for the hosts so I'll talk to Cassie about.

You can be a host as in a host for the dance in an ouran uniform, but don't dress as any of the main characters like Tamaki, Hikaru, Kaoru, etc....

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 10:25:15 am »
Mina/Kimiski: My group is going as another series entirely (mafia Hetalia whee~) so this works out nicely.

As for the host badge idea, I feel like boutonnieres and corsages would work really well. They suit the theme and as long as relatively neutral colors were used, there wouldn't be much worry about flowers clashing with masquerade outfits. That's a serious concern, y'all.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 11:27:45 pm »
Mina/Kimiski: My group is going as another series entirely (mafia Hetalia whee~) so this works out nicely.

As for the host badge idea, I feel like boutonnieres and corsages would work really well. They suit the theme and as long as relatively neutral colors were used, there wouldn't be much worry about flowers clashing with masquerade outfits. That's a serious concern, y'all.
Oh thats awesome! I like Hetalia!
Yes I was also thinking of that. I'll make a few prototypes and post pictures so that we can all vote on our favorite.
I was thinking for the flower color either red, black or white. With either silver or gold tips or a light glitter coating.
My personal favorite is red with a light glitter coating because in Ouran Host they seem to have an abundance of red roses and glitter xD
And of course I would add babies breath and fern to whatever color is favored ;)
Sorry if I lost some people, I ran the floral shop for a year at my high school my junior year so I know my floral stuff.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 11:31:28 pm »

You can be a host as in a host for the dance in an ouran uniform, but don't dress as any of the main characters like Tamaki, Hikaru, Kaoru, etc....

Thank you for explaining further ^^; I've been out of it lately 

Offline J3l1yspy98

• Cabbit
    • My DA Account
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2010, 02:01:16 pm »
Quick question because I haven't been following the forum very well ^^; Would the male hosts have to wear an Ouran uniform? Because I have a different formal wear idea that I was going to try if I couldn't make my dress in time :p This is Kai by the way XD
Symbol of Resistance

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2010, 02:49:36 pm »
You can wear whatever you want, as long as it fits the dress code, which is at least semi-formal. No Ouran uniform required, but if you do choose to wear one, as it will contribute to the atmosphere, you just can't be one of the Host Club hosts. \o/
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:52:02 pm by Cassiopeia »

Offline J3l1yspy98

• Cabbit
    • My DA Account
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2010, 02:50:57 pm »
You can wear whatever you want.

Alright ^^; Thanks for clarifying, again XD
Symbol of Resistance

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2010, 05:39:26 pm »
THIS IS MY LAST NOTE BEFORE I LEAVE FOR 5 WEEKS.

Mina, please make bouts for 7 Host Club hosts. We won't get any funding from the con. (I'll pay you for those. Try not to make them too expensive?)

Learn the waltz very well, and try some swing too. (East Coast swing)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2010, 05:49:45 pm »
I can pay for a bout for sure.

Bye, Charly. Have fun!
-salutes- Will do.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2010, 11:39:42 pm »
~Yet another update~

Alright so it's confirmed!
The color's to be voted on will be...
Red, White, or Black

and the possible additions to be voted on with be...
Silver tipped, Gold tipped, Light glitter coating, Glow in the dark or nothing. Please only vote on one of these options.

I may not be able to make prototypes so please bare with me. I will be getting the costs to you just as soon as I get to Joann's so I can check out the prices on stuff.
Please vote as soon as possible so I can get working. I will be keeping the costs down as much as possible by doing everything at once and dividing the cost amongst all of us.

~Also~
If I do not have your email and your are planning on being a host, please send it to my email so that I can include you in the email list on updates.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:41:13 pm by snowshoedtiger »

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2010, 11:45:11 pm »
Since I myself am hosting I'm going to vote on
red and light glitter coating ^^

Red: 3
White: 4
Black: 0

Silver Tipped: 4
Gold Tipped: 0
Light Glitter Coating: 2
Glow in the Dark: 1
Nothing: 1

updated as of July 15th 5:32pm
So far white has the most votes with silver tipping
I may end up taking off Glow just for the simple fact that it may not be dark enough. I'll try a tester and see how it works before making them all if it wins in voting.
kimiski, J3l1yspy98, Malaria, camname21, Gryffinclaw Princess, kai-chan, me
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:33:10 pm by snowshoedtiger »

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2010, 03:00:26 am »
White

Silver tipped

Offline J3l1yspy98

• Cabbit
    • My DA Account
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2010, 04:23:45 am »
I'm gonna go with Red and glow in the dark  :D
Symbol of Resistance

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2010, 12:02:21 pm »
I'm also gonna say white and silver-tipped. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

I've got friends that are out of the country right now that would probably like to help out with this. They'll be back in a week or so. Should I have them email you when they get back?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2010, 07:58:42 pm »
white flower

no tips, i don't exactly know what this is, if you want to explain?

I like the idea of glow in the dark but last year's masquerade was never dark enough for the effect to show much.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2010, 12:31:29 am »
I'm also gonna say white and silver-tipped. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

I've got friends that are out of the country right now that would probably like to help out with this. They'll be back in a week or so. Should I have them email you when they get back?
*laughs* I do agree it's in the category of sand in my book *shudders* But, I'd be using spray on glitter so it wouldn't be coming off unless you actively rubbed it.
Yes please, that would be most helpful! Just tell them to put kcon ball or something of that sort in the subject, I tend to ignore no subject emails.
white flower

no tips, i don't exactly know what this is, if you want to explain?
Tipping is where you color just the tip of the main flower, a rose in our case.

Here's an example were the tipping is blue

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2010, 12:45:18 am »
I found some good examples for the added stuff just so you get a general idea of what it would look like...
This shows a white flower with silvering tipping, as said in a previous post tipping is were you color the tip of the main flower

This is an example of what glitter would look like. It shows a white flower with glitter. Although I would use a smaller amount of glitter. I like using glitter spay which lasts longer and is easier to use  :)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2010, 10:44:12 am »
Mina: Keedokee, I will let them know.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2010, 10:04:33 pm »
Thanks for the examples of tipping, I still think no tipping is good, seems more classy.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2010, 11:38:24 pm »
Would the glitter be white or the same color as the flower or...? o 3o

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2010, 12:24:52 am »
I stick by my previous statement, white with silver tips~  ;D

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2010, 10:45:31 pm »
Would the glitter be white or the same color as the flower or...? o 3o
The glitter would be normal glitter color, which is clear. It would look white sometimes and silvery others.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2010, 12:07:59 pm »
I would want red or white with the glitter...
Probably more on the red side.

Offline kai-chan

• Cabbit
    • Kawaii Factor
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 12:36:04 am »
I would have to say White with silver tips. For one the red with the Glow in the Dark tipping wont glow! its not dark enough in the ball for the flower to actually glow. Also Red on the Host Club outfit will look horrible. Also white will go with anything people are wearing.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2010, 05:53:19 pm »
~updates~
I've got an email from Cassie and she's asked that I remind all host that they need to be learning the waltz and east coast swing, so keep up the hard work!
Also I'll be going to Jo-Ann's to figure out prices for the Bouts and Corsages during the week next week so you won't have to wait very much long for the prices.
I'll be scheduling the dance practice during this month I'm not sure what day so please bare with me. I remind you that if you can't make it it's ok because we're having another one on the Friday of kcon.

Offline J3l1yspy98

• Cabbit
    • My DA Account
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2010, 02:52:54 pm »
I would have to say White with silver tips. For one the red with the Glow in the Dark tipping wont glow! its not dark enough in the ball for the flower to actually glow. Also Red on the Host Club outfit will look horrible. Also white will go with anything people are wearing.

Lol I said that because I could use it for my own personal enjoyment later one  ;D But I do't really care, it'll be cool either way  8)

~updates~
I've got an email from Cassie and she's asked that I remind all host that they need to be learning the waltz and east coast swing, so keep up the hard work!
Also I'll be going to Jo-Ann's to figure out prices for the Bouts and Corsages during the week next week so you won't have to wait very much long for the prices.
I'll be scheduling the dance practice during this month I'm not sure what day so please bare with me. I remind you that if you can't make it it's ok because we're having another one on the Friday of kcon.

My friend and I are trying to find time to practice together DX Haven't had any! But he just got back from vacation so I can steal him for awhile >:D And would you have any idea where the practice before con would be?
Symbol of Resistance

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2010, 09:52:05 pm »
Two words: MOAR SECURITY.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2010, 08:01:14 pm »
I've had people asking when I'm having the practice and I'm still not sure but, I do have a good place to practice!
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=ester+shore+park+vancouver+wa&fb=1&gl=us&hq=ester+shore+park&hnear=Vancouver,+WA&cid=0,0,1150334819369125387&ei=xGFGTLSJGZPQsAPE9f21Ag&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQnwIwAA
Clicking on this link will lead you to a google map of Ester Shore park in Vancouver, WA.
It's a great park with a good choice of places to practice. I'm also hoping to have a bit of a pot luck after practicing.
So tell me what you think and a date that would be good for you

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2010, 10:16:42 pm »
I don't really know about everyone else, but I need a place I can get to on public transportation, which would mean in the Portland metro area. ._.

I think the International Rose Test Garden has an amphitheater/stage-type area. That might be good for practicing?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2010, 04:23:19 pm »
...o.o I myself have the same problem, thats why I picked Ester shore because it has 1 or 2 buses that go by it. But, I'll look into the amphitheater. Also I'll look up some other places in Portland if its a better place for everyone to meet just so we have several places to pick from.

Offline J3l1yspy98

• Cabbit
    • My DA Account
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2010, 08:16:28 pm »
Ya, if it were closer to Portland, I'd have more of a chance to go  :P
Symbol of Resistance

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2010, 02:28:24 pm »
If your volunteering I'll assume you like the idea and put you down as liking it.

List of Current Volunteers
snowshoedtiger (me)
Gryffinclaw Princess
J3l1yspy98 aka Kai
Lady Locust
Camname21
Malaria

I'm volunteering, and so is my friend Kai (kai-chan on the forums) She'll be hosting in a regular nice dress (no host related cosplay) and I'll hopefully be going as a random male host (ouran uniform)

Should there be a thread or something for official sign ups to be a host volunteer? That way it's not lost in the conversation? Real name of volunteer, Forum name, contact info, plus if they are going going in any Ouran related cosplay (though don't go as a specific host member like Tamaki, etc), which gender, or if they will be in regular ball clothing? It should also be noted that while people who can learn dances like the waltz and swing are wanted, others who just want to go around and be friendly, asking people to dance without having learned any specific dances are needed as well to help with the "wallflower situation"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:29:37 pm by kimiski »

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2010, 02:58:38 pm »
I'm volunteering, and so is my friend Kai (kai-chan on the forums) She'll be hosting in a regular nice dress (no host related cosplay) and I'll hopefully be going as a random male host (ouran uniform)

Should there be a thread or something for official sign ups to be a host volunteer? That way it's not lost in the conversation? Real name of volunteer, Forum name, contact info, plus if they are going going in any Ouran related cosplay (though don't go as a specific host member like Tamaki, etc), which gender, or if they will be in regular ball clothing? It should also be noted that while people who can learn dances like the waltz and swing are wanted, others who just want to go around and be friendly, asking people to dance without having learned any specific dances are needed as well to help with the "wallflower situation"
I apologize for not updating the volunteer list. I'd be more than happy to start a new topic for sign-ups but, I can't post personal information of the volunteers without permission. Also Cassie said that she specifically wanted hosts to know how to formally dance so I think I'll hold onto that thought until I can talk to her about it.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2010, 09:20:17 pm »
I asked earlier in (one of the dance threads lol) if everyone who volunteered needed to know formal dance, and I thought not all needed too, because I talked about my friend wanting to help go around asking people to dance but not being food at memorizing dancing.

When they sign up you can always have them PM the personal info if they don't wanna pot it to the forums.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:07:59 am by kimiski »

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2010, 11:17:23 pm »
I'm sorry I've been trying to keep up with the other forums but, its difficult. ^^;

Indeed, I've made it so that is so (The sign up is up and running as of now)

Coolio! It looks spiffy!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2010, 11:57:11 pm »
I'm sorry I've been trying to keep up with the other forums but, its difficult. ^^;

Indeed, I've made it so that is so (The sign up is up and running as of now)

Coolio! It looks spiffy!

Haha it's okay! I understand that part! :D

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2010, 11:57:32 pm »
~Update~

I've posted a new topic for host sign ups bellow is the link
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=13279.msg609493#msg609493
Please read it and post accordingly so that I can get a good count.
Thank you!