Author Topic: Looking for Kakashi  (Read 7855 times)

Offline tdoiwitcohe

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart page
Looking for Kakashi
« on: May 14, 2010, 10:04:54 am »
EDIT:  I'm looking for a Kakashi to join our skit for a very brief cameo appearance.  We're doing a fight scene between some ANBU guards and Kabuto set in the hospital during the Chuunin exams, and need Kakashi to step in at the end, as he does in Naruto episode 51.  Any Kakashis out there with some time on their hands?  Please help us out!  We'd love to have you be part of our skit.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I would love to do a skit with other martial artists in the Portland area (or with easy access to Portland to facilitate practice).  I have 11 years of training in various martial arts, including Northern style Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Bagua, and Aikido.  My suggestion is that we set it in either the Avatar or Naruto universes, because of the many and varied martial arts styles represented therein.  This is just a preliminary idea, though, so feel free to suggest others.  And if you already have a cosplay decided on, universe crossovers are certainly still an option, so please post and let me know what style of martial arts you've trained in and who you're cosplaying as.  Everyone, please share your martial arts experience and any ideas you may have.  Thank you very much!

Participating so far:
tdoiwitcohe
camname21
Giorgio
Akiko
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 08:47:53 pm by tdoiwitcohe »
Kumoricon 2010: Kabuto

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: Looking for martial artists
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 12:51:25 am »
Do you HAVE TO BE trained in martial arts?  I know it would be a little easier, but I also know martial arts moves that are scripted are fairly easy to immitate.  Just wondering  ^.^  HUGS  ^.^

Offline tdoiwitcohe

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 09:31:13 am »
Do you HAVE TO BE trained in martial arts?  I know it would be a little easier, but I also know martial arts moves that are scripted are fairly easy to immitate.  Just wondering  ^.^  HUGS  ^.^

As long as you enjoy martial arts, even if just from an observer's standpoint, would like to try it out, and have some time for us to practice, that would probably be fine.  I'm going to have to do a little research on stage combat, myself :).

Offline tsukiyume1209

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 09:40:09 pm »
I would like to participate in this... although I don't meet the requirement of Portland area.
I live in Chicago... >_>;;;

BUT! I'll be in Portland for a month!

Offline tdoiwitcohe

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 12:21:43 pm »
I would like to participate in this... although I don't meet the requirement of Portland area.
I live in Chicago... >_>;;;

BUT! I'll be in Portland for a month!

If you don't mind spending part of that month hanging out with martial artists and coming up with a crazy skit, I foresee no problems!  I assume that would be August?

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 02:16:43 pm »
I know there's a guy um, I think Animeman73 (?) on the forums that is very big in taekwondo.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 02:01:33 pm »
Nothing?  Well, only having 2 terms in self defence classes, and one guy who's only going to be here a month, I don't think I would call this a great turn out yet :(

Offline tdoiwitcohe

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 10:02:20 am »
Nothing?  Well, only having 2 terms in self defence classes, and one guy who's only going to be here a month, I don't think I would call this a great turn out yet :(

Well, there's time yet. :)

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 06:45:39 pm »

I hope so, fighting scenes are what keep anime alive!

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 01:04:13 pm »
I have some training in Okinawa Shorin Ryu and know a lot of foot work from fencing.
I don't live in Oregon but I live in Tri-Cities, Washington and as long as I get some dates ahead of time, I could probably get down pretty easy. ^^
I also have all my gear for sparing and can probably dig up a second set if someone needs to borrow it until everyone is okay with going 'naked' for fighting.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline tdoiwitcohe

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 08:49:53 am »
I have some training in Okinawa Shorin Ryu and know a lot of foot work from fencing.
I don't live in Oregon but I live in Tri-Cities, Washington and as long as I get some dates ahead of time, I could probably get down pretty easy. ^^
I also have all my gear for sparing and can probably dig up a second set if someone needs to borrow it until everyone is okay with going 'naked' for fighting.

I hadn't heard of Okinawa Shorin Ryu, but I just looked it up, and it looks like a lot of fun!  Sparring gear would be wonderful.  How many times could you come to Oregon and long could you stay (for a weekend, a week, etc.)?  It would just be best if everyone had lots of time to practice together.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 01:20:07 pm »
Well right now I'm in the pageant for my area so week long trips are somewhat out until after July 17th. Depending on transportation the amount of times would depend on my mother. She uses me as her excuse to go down and shop and refuses to let me go down alone. >.> The earlier I could get her a schedule for things the more times she would let me go down. She's at a fire right now though so I'll ask her when she gets back...

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline tdoiwitcohe

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 12:52:41 pm »
Well right now I'm in the pageant for my area so week long trips are somewhat out until after July 17th. Depending on transportation the amount of times would depend on my mother. She uses me as her excuse to go down and shop and refuses to let me go down alone. >.> The earlier I could get her a schedule for things the more times she would let me go down. She's at a fire right now though so I'll ask her when she gets back...

If you're really interested in doing this, I'd love to have you participate!  Let me know your scheduling possibilities, and we'll see if we can find enough time for practice sessions (nothing's worse than under-rehearsed fight sequences :) ).

Offline tdoiwitcohe

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 12:53:59 pm »

I hope so, fighting scenes are what keep anime alive!

I agree.  So would you like to participate?  And did you have any ideas?

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 07:21:00 pm »
I would participate, though I am really hoping for a bunch of  people to do this.  The more people the more fun.  I like the naruto universe as an idea just because it is one of the most well known, but as long as there is a minimum expense on dress/prop (and possibly some group help making it) any setting is fine.  Two ninjas/groups from different villages cross paths at the country lines, narrator leading the way, and a fight to find out what each other is doing there begins!  :)

If you want a REALLY nice skit, I think we should meet sooner then later and do some gymnastics training to go along with our choreography and martial arts.  At the least, if we don't make a skit, we can have some fun messing around with mock fighting (untill someone gets hurt XD.)

Offline tdoiwitcohe

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 11:16:06 am »
I would participate, though I am really hoping for a bunch of  people to do this.  The more people the more fun.  I like the naruto universe as an idea just because it is one of the most well known, but as long as there is a minimum expense on dress/prop (and possibly some group help making it) any setting is fine.  Two ninjas/groups from different villages cross paths at the country lines, narrator leading the way, and a fight to find out what each other is doing there begins!  :)

If you want a REALLY nice skit, I think we should meet sooner then later and do some gymnastics training to go along with our choreography and martial arts.  At the least, if we don't make a skit, we can have some fun messing around with mock fighting (untill someone gets hurt XD.)

I like it.  Yes, I agree, we should get started as soon as possible.  I may try to recruit some people from my various martial arts classes if we can't find more cosplayers.

Offline tdoiwitcohe

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart page
Re: Looking for Kakashi
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 01:49:05 pm »
Hello all, I'm looking for a Kakashi to join our skit for a very brief cameo appearance.  We're doing a fight scene between some ANBU guards and Kabuto set in the hospital during the Chuunin exams, and need Kakashi to step in at the end, as he does in Naruto episode 51.  Any Kakashis out there with some time on their hands?  Please help us out!  We'd love to have you be part of our skit.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 08:48:18 pm by tdoiwitcohe »

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: Looking for Kakashi
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 07:14:23 pm »
LOL NO NO NO!  a new thread not just change the title hahaha.  Ahh, oh well.  

WHERE ARE YOU KAKASHI?  SASUKE NEEDS YOU!

A Kakashi is still needed if anyone is free during the cosplay contest + rehearsal.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 07:16:24 pm by camname21 »