Author Topic: WOAH. Duct tape wallets? What the-?!  (Read 15204 times)

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
Re: WOAH. Duct tape wallets? What the-?!
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2010, 12:35:16 am »
Haha, those aren't mine, but thanks. xD And I've already started on yours but I ran out of tape so I have to get some more hopefully in the next day or two. Sorry about that. >3<

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2010, 12:38:50 am »
Oh hey no sweat. ^_^ 

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2010, 02:54:33 pm »
omg your bed sheets ROCK! haha XD Btw .. when can you start workin' on mine? >_>;;  ;D
THOSE ARE MINE. : D
Thank you. ;3

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2010, 04:21:18 pm »
um you might get in trouble for using copyrighted pictures just saying

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2010, 04:27:07 pm »
um you might get in trouble for using copyrighted pictures just saying
I don't think so. Someone could say that they got the wallet and then put the picture on. But I seriously doubt anyone would care. If she made a bigger business out of it then yes. But just making them for friends then no.

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2010, 04:35:23 pm »
but its not just making them for friends shes selling them for money, I'm an artist I write mangas and I myself would be fairly upset if someone took my art and sold it without my permission

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2010, 05:36:06 pm »
It's the same thing as printing art and putting it on your binder, or bedroom wall.
If you don't want your art being used, don't put it online. = n =
She's not selling the pictures, she's selling the wallet's.

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2010, 05:42:30 pm »
Shes selling the wallet with the pictures on it which is basically the same thing, and I don't expect you to understand since you're probably not an artist, its rude and disrespectful to use peoples art without permission, especially putting it on "wallets" or whatever then selling them, yeah putting it on your wall or binder Is COMPLETELY different it is not putting it on something then selling it for money.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2010, 05:45:18 pm »
Whoa now, don't insult Shay, she may be an artist so step off. If you have an opinion, fine, but keep off of insults, or you'll have people to give them back.

I'm neutral. Doujinshi is the same thing, using copyrights of someone else to sell work, but I can see how you're thinking~

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 05:48:23 pm by CatchxMe »

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2010, 05:48:24 pm »
First I wasn't insulting her so back off, I was stating opinion and they attacked me first, and doujinshi is completely different they draw the work she didnt she printed off pictures WHICH IS COPYRIGHTED and highly ILLEGAL

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2010, 05:49:56 pm »
Shes selling the wallet with the pictures on it which is basically the same thing, and I don't expect you to understand since you're probably not an artist, its rude and disrespectful to use peoples art without permission, especially putting it on "wallets" or whatever then selling them, yeah putting it on your wall or binder Is COMPLETELY different it is not putting it on something then selling it for money.
Would you prefer if she sold me the effing walltet first, and I taped the picture on myself? >O
That's just a waste of my time.
And don't. Put. Your. Art. Online. If. You. Don't. Want. People. To. Use. Et. = 3 =

IluMegan.

First I wasn't insulting her so back off, I was stating opinion and they attacked me first, and doujinshi is completely different they draw the work she didnt she printed off pictures WHICH IS COPYRIGHTED and highly ILLEGAL
Nobody attacked you btw. = 3 =
IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO USE A PRINTER.

Now: this isn't our thread to argue in, so if you deeply care about this, feel free to PM me anytime and we can discuss it.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2010, 05:50:14 pm »
and I don't expect you to understand since you're probably not an artist,
Know what you wrote yourself, and as I said before, YOU back off. Doujinshi is copyrighted characters which is ILLEGAL, but I understand what you're saying, so we got it. Leave it alone.

And sorry Vamp, for spamming your thread! Hope you can forgive me. :D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 05:50:44 pm by CatchxMe »

oslapedo

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2010, 05:54:08 pm »
Calm down kiddies.

Maybe it would be an issue if she sold these at an Artist Alley table, or pumped them through a machine then mass sold them but I hardly think that a few handfuls of handmade duct tape wallets for less than $20 each are going to make a dent in any industry, whether it be that of duct tape, wallets, or wherever the pictures come from.

Capital letters aren't very good when arguing, that goes for all of you chill'un, they make you seem rather inflamed and unintelligible.

Now that our wangsty emotions are out of the way, can Colleen have her little lemonade-stand duct tape wallet thread back?

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2010, 05:56:52 pm »
If you took it the wrong way then its your own fault I was not insulting her, and yes if you print up the art and put it on the wallet yourself that is fine because that is not you buying the art that is someone else, all I am saying is that she shouldn't be selling other peoples art its not right, and I put watermarks on all my art to keep people from stealing my art, i've had my art stolen before someone claiming that they drew it when they didn't, its not fun and it makes the artist feel like crap and feel totally disrespected by the person, I just think you should have a little more consideration for the artists that take hours creating there wonderful art before taking it and selling it on stuff you have made.

oslapedo

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2010, 06:01:32 pm »
She never claims to have drawn any of the pictures on these wallets, and she is earning money not for the printed out fanart but for the wallet itself.

Please unbunch your panties, good sir.

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2010, 06:07:42 pm »
Yes, I never said she claimed the art was hers, I was saying IF the art was hers that would be fine and a whole other thing but due to the fact that other peoples art is on it and she is selling the art on the wallet. I was just trying to warn her that she could get in trouble when everyone else jumped on me and for your information im a girl not a guy -.- and can you just drop it i didn't want this argument in the first place i just wanted to tell her there's a possibility she could get in trouble

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2010, 06:41:28 pm »
If you took it the wrong way then its your own fault I was not insulting her, and yes if you print up the art and put it on the wallet yourself that is fine because that is not you buying the art that is someone else, all I am saying is that she shouldn't be selling other peoples art its not right, and I put watermarks on all my art to keep people from stealing my art, i've had my art stolen before someone claiming that they drew it when they didn't, its not fun and it makes the artist feel like crap and feel totally disrespected by the person, I just think you should have a little more consideration for the artists that take hours creating there wonderful art before taking it and selling it on stuff you have made.
I mean this is the nicest way possible. But if she is doing something illegal and gets in trouble why do you care? We get your point and there is no use arguing it anymore. Anyone. If she still wants to sell the wallets she is running the risk.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2010, 07:03:35 pm »
I'm an artist and paying 90k to go to art school. I wouldn't care if a random teenager was putting my art on wallets and selling them for such a small amount of money it probably doesn't count for anything.

Hell, I'd feel happy people liked my art enough to do it :P
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2010, 07:47:39 pm »
I'm an artist and paying 90k to go to art school. I wouldn't care if a random teenager was putting my art on wallets and selling them for such a small amount of money it probably doesn't count for anything.

Hell, I'd feel happy people liked my art enough to do it :P
Agreed.
I think it would be flattering, no one's getting paid/buying the art so nothing wrong is going on.

Vampy- Popped in to say these are pretty sweet.
I miss 2010.

Offline Pots

• Chibi
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2010, 07:56:54 pm »
I agree too :O i would love it if people put my art on stuff :D.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2010, 09:17:03 pm »
This is still going on LAME.... okay grow the hell up please and let the girl sell her crap... what ever, it sounded more like a warning them going all out as a complaint anyways. what ever. and not all people likes their art being used. I have my reson for saying this, Hun the wallets look good I wish i knew how to make some for would be a good bday gift/xmas idea anyways. peace .

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2010, 10:44:37 pm »
Oh~ conflict~.
hahah
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2010, 03:13:53 pm »
Oh ho ho you silly arguing people~

If she wants to sell it, let her go ahead, whether you think it's illegal or not. She's having fun, so what-evah~
Like how I'm not going to call the cops on the pot smoker that is sitting next to me while I type this, just like he's not going to tell the teacher that I'm not on the site I'm supposed to be *shrugs*
And if someone put my poems on the back of a wallet (because I can't draw) I would be SUPA' FLATTERED, whether they were selling it or not.
I'm sorry it seems like everyone is attacking you, we are really just all trying to stand up for a friend ^^;;
WE LOVE YOU COLLEEN, PLEASE FORGIVE US FOR SPAMMING YOUR THREAD.

P.S
I still want one... eventually...
Maybe with some wookie bad assery on it's awesome silver surface *3*
WHEN YOU HAVE TIME~
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2010, 03:27:06 pm »
Lets all be e-friends. D:

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2010, 06:45:21 am »
You seem to be a bit over-loaded with orders right now...but when you are ready to take on another one, PM me please :) I would love to have a Repo! wallet made for me...but my only real question would be, "do you make tri-fold wallets?"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:00:52 am by Cyprus »

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2010, 06:48:47 am »
Vamp, I just noticed you were with Oslap and Shay.......and I didn't even think to bring the Heartless plush for you. I'm so sorry. D':
But quick question! Would you like me to ship it out, or just plain hold onto it for you? :0 I never asked that back in my thread.
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2010, 04:28:59 pm »
She never claims to have drawn any of the pictures on these wallets, and she is earning money not for the printed out fanart but for the wallet itself.

Please unbunch your panties, good sir.

What she said. But just for good measure...

NekoChan234: I AM SELLING THE WALLETS THEMSELVES, NOT THE ART ON THEM. I AM NOT ASKING FOR A SINGLE PENNY FOR THE PICTURES, ONLY FOR THE EFFORT AND MONEY SPENT ON THE WALLET. I'm sorry if I offend you or anything but if they have a problem with it, which you seem to be the only one complaining, then I will stop using their art. And no, I don't plan on making this a humungo business, just for friends, family, and people on the forums. And I'd prefer if you didn't bash people even if it is just stating your opinion. Please and thank you.

Everyone else: Dudes! I'm glad you like them! And yeah, if I was a super awesome artist I would totally love people putting it on their shiz! How awesome would that be? Super special awesome! That's how awesome! Oh, and no big deal on the spamming part, I appreciate you guys defending me~! ♥♥♥

Soundie: I'll put you on the waiting list~!

Cyprus: Your name shall be on the list as well!

Kinkeh: Ummmmm....can you just hold onto it from now? I'll send you the wallet but I know if you send me the plushie now I'll give it to my bf before his b-day and I don't wanna do that. Lol.

....anyone I miss?

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2010, 09:07:19 pm »
^Alrighty then. x D
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2010, 10:31:49 pm »

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2010, 12:17:07 am »
Holy smokes.  I haven't said (or heard) "awesome possum" in forever.  Thanks for reminding me of that. XD
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:17:53 am by reppy »

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2010, 10:28:05 am »
No problemo. xD

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2010, 05:36:17 am »
Cool...just send me a PM when you are able to start & let me know if you are able to make tri-fold wallets. Thanks!

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2010, 07:21:49 am »
Umm i know all the spots are filled currently but im interested in one whenever you get the time ^^ they look really awesome~
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

https://www.facebook.com/Need4Things
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devysisk-Modeling-Page/496336850429477