Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 387132 times)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #3300 on: January 29, 2011, 01:31:03 pm »
Act five is when you get the trolls' backstory, and after that it switches between the trolls and the kids. but before that you get a lot of conversations and as you get closer to act five you start getting a few teaser shots of some of the trolls. I remember it was kind of hard to keep them straight the first time I read through... their typing quirks and convenient colour-coding help.

....should I be thinking about a wig for yukio? or does someone have one I can borrow?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:32:20 pm by Felix »
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #3301 on: January 29, 2011, 08:00:46 pm »
I still need to get my June and Shura wigs :| Plus my June contacts. And I really should start working on June in general. Probably. I guess. I also need to order my Worth coat. SO MUCH LEFT TO DO

Conbat's faceplant was cracking me up xDD HE IS SO FAIL, HE IS WONDERFUL. And Lamont's hand on the back of his head was so cuuuuute. Lamont is a nice guy. At least he seems like he is so far. I feel like a nice guy wouldn't be hanging out with Worth though, so he's got to have some dirty secret. That's my theory at least.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3302 on: January 30, 2011, 02:13:22 pm »
JAQUA START SPENDING YOUR MONEY

Britany, I think this might be of interest to you: http://dark--romance.deviantart.com/art/HiNaBN-Hanna-Paperbaby-195520536
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #3303 on: January 30, 2011, 02:26:21 pm »
JAQUA START SPENDING YOUR MONEY

Britany, I think this might be of interest to you: http://dark--romance.deviantart.com/art/HiNaBN-Hanna-Paperbaby-195520536

That's brill. 83
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3304 on: January 30, 2011, 11:56:44 pm »
http://hotaruarichi93.deviantart.com/art/Looks-that-Kill-195541319
craftsmanship hnnnnn
even if it wasn't the cosplayer that did most of it. ALL THOSE DETAILS.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3305 on: January 31, 2011, 06:50:49 pm »
Man new Homestucks are so cute. John is so endearing. <3
AND THEN GAMZEE'S EYE OF DEATH ;A;

In other news, I was gonna start cosplay this weekend but then I slept the whole time/read the first two Hunger Games books. Those are some excellent books.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3306 on: January 31, 2011, 06:53:06 pm »
In other news, I was gonna start cosplay this weekend but then I slept the whole time/read the first two Hunger Games books. Those are some excellent books.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I KNOW RIGHT
I JUST FINISHED THE SECOND ONE
I WANT MOCKINGJAY SOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAD
I adore Peeta, Cinna, and Finnick so so so so so much.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3307 on: January 31, 2011, 06:53:46 pm »
And that Ezio cosplay is so hhhnnnnnnnggg-worthy, I hhhnnnggg'd.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3308 on: January 31, 2011, 07:13:50 pm »
I like Haymitch and Finnick, both because they are kind of delicious bastards. And Cinna because Cinna.

I KNOW RIGHT. ALL THOSE DETAILS. I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE ALL OF IT. D;
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3309 on: January 31, 2011, 08:07:28 pm »
I like Haymitch too yes. He cracks me up. Cinna is wonderful always because Cinna, yes. He is just a jewel and I adore him. I like Finnick a lot because even though he is a bastard he is a delightful bastard. Plus him crying over Annie broke my wee fangirling heart. And I love Peeta because Peeta is Peeta and he Peetas all over everything and also he's just so goshdarn amiable. And kind of clueless and also kind of useless, but in the most endearing way possible. And the other person who I actually really adore for some reason is Beetee. I LOVE BEETEE. He is so rad. I want to chill with Beetee and make strange things together. I'm currently undecided about my feelings for Gale and while I think he's pretty cool I'm mostly just neutral because he just... Doesn't do anything except almost die and hunt and work in the mines.
WANT MOCKINGJAY

It's made with magical cosplay supplies crafted by the sunshine and unicorn gods. There is no way to understand their power, not while retaining your mental faculties.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3310 on: January 31, 2011, 08:15:51 pm »
BEETEE AND WIRESS <33333
I'm excited for more of Johanna. She seems like she could be super rad. Actually I liked all the victors. They are all excellent.
Also, Plutarch Heavensbee. Every time I read his name I laughed, because man has THE DUMBEST NAME. I mean, talk about aristrocratic ridiculousness. His name is Plutarch.
I'm actually kinda whatever about Peeta, 'cause he is so wonderful that I'm almost like meh. And I also identified really hard with Katniss (HOW SURPRISING RIGHT) and I totally understood all her discomfort about all his feeeelings and her just being like "dude stop assuming I even like you I'm just trying not to die here," so that was kind of a mark against him.

So in exchange for mental faculties, I get costuming and crafting skills of the gods?
I'm not seeing a problem here. Plenty of crazy hippies survive doing this.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:16:34 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3311 on: January 31, 2011, 08:42:39 pm »
BEETEE AND WIRESS GAHHHH I LOVE THEM BOTH SO MUCH
JOHANNA. Yes. I like her a lot even though she is in bitch mode 100% of the time. Maybe that's why I like her so much, I'm not sure. Yes, all of the victors are wonderful and I love them and I love how they were like... All secretly rebels. Except maybe Cashmere and Gloss. And the other two Careers (although I guess they were all classified Careers at that point?).
Ohhhhhh Plutarch <3 As soon as he pulled out his watch I was just like "OH HE'S TRICKSY, HE'S UP TO SOMETHING" but yes, that name. I have a very hard time taking him seriously. Again, maybe why I like him.
Yeah see I loved Peeta immediately because I am all for cute sweet boys (and being strong and a good artist and adorably useless were just perks) and even though I do actually really love Katniss (which is SO WEIRD because I generally don't care for female protagonists, and I think it's because she's just so undeniably badass) I want her to GET WITH PEETA ALREADY but mostly because I can live through her and feel like I'm getting with Peeta myself C8 teeheeheehee
Other characters I like a lot for some reason include Octavia, Flavius, and Venia; Madge; Effie (COULD NOT TELL YOU WHY); and the Avox girl.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3312 on: January 31, 2011, 09:28:46 pm »
While we're talking about unproductive weekends.... I could have spent Sunday drawing, or making cosplay. I watched cartoons all day instead. I NEVER GOT TO WATCH THEM WHEN I WAS A KID SO APPARENTLY I AM MAKING UP FOR IT NOW. 8D;;;;
I also slept all of friday evening instead of doing productive things. GO ME.

you may now return to your regularly scheduled I-have-no-idea-what-you're-talking-about.
something I haven't read.
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3313 on: February 01, 2011, 08:19:01 pm »
What cartoons? XDD

Hunger Games. It's really good.

Obscure nerd glee time:
I stumbled on this LJ RP account for Shaun. Their account name is fubblesnuggle.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3314 on: February 01, 2011, 09:00:12 pm »
Fubblesnuggle.. Oh man thats amazing. if I werent too busy laughing about Nut Weevils with Dylan i would laugh about but I think my brain is fried from studying so much..
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3315 on: February 02, 2011, 02:52:07 pm »
Pfffttt fubblesnuggle is so much win. XD

@Felix re:wig. I think the only wig we have that might fit you is the one Valeria is using for Rin. So I think you will need a wig. >>

HEY EVERYONE. WE SHOULD HAVE A SKYPE COSPLAY WORK PARTY THIS SATURDAY. FOR REALS. WHO'S IN? 8DD

Also, has pics of Amaimon wig:

I still need to dye the blond extension more yellow. BUT I HAS IT. SO EXCITED.

Also, I stumbled upon this while uploading wig pics:

HASHI. HOW CAN YOU BE SO SCARY AND SEXY AT THE SAME TIME??

And now I'm almost late for class oops.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3316 on: February 02, 2011, 09:33:40 pm »
fffffffft Fubblesnuggle xDDDD I read that post today during rehearsal and guffawed and drew the attention of half the cast.

PICS YAY!!~~ I will try for Skype but no promises, I'm soooo busy with the musical @~@ plus I don't really have much to work on at this point.. hahaha. Since I don't have really any materials yet. BUT I MIGHT ATTEND JUST FOR THE COMPANY

HASHI. HOW CAN YOU BE SO SCARY AND SEXY AT THE SAME TIME??

this

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3317 on: February 02, 2011, 09:34:02 pm »
FIRST POST ON 222 YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3318 on: February 02, 2011, 09:45:46 pm »
Pfffffttt thanks guys XD;

Where DID that shoot go? ..also it looks FREEZING and i remember being so cold that day. Its cold here. Not happy.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3319 on: February 02, 2011, 10:02:20 pm »
Jaqua: ahahaha sorry?

YES JUST COME HANG OUT. Yagi and I are planning to be working on Rin sword sometime in the afternoon/eveningish, but I'm sure we'll get the time actually figured out later.

Hashi: It's still being processed. Along with the love shoot. >>
We were flipping through it a little earlier today. It just reaffirmed that I'm not a very good N Italy. I'm cute enough, but I don't really think the facial expressions have much to do with him. :I
That and I am THE MOST GIRLY in that cosplay.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:02:38 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3320 on: February 03, 2011, 02:13:37 am »
....even if I had skype I have to work saturday D:

YOU ARE IN A MUSICAL JAQUA? HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS?

.....ahahaha, COMBOB.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3321 on: February 03, 2011, 02:20:32 pm »
Ahahahaha no I'm not in it, I'm just helping my friend direct hers. I'm like AD/costumer/makeup artist/hairdresser. It's fun and a lot l work ¥_¥

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3322 on: February 03, 2011, 03:54:31 pm »
booo Felix. You should let us know a weekend that you are free for work party.

STAIRS, MAN.

Jaqua: HAVING FUN WITH THEM MIDDLE SCHOOLERS?

this is actually not worthy of a double post at all, but here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsCO_V_XxxI
Yuuko has a character song.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:09:40 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3323 on: February 03, 2011, 07:00:11 pm »
.......oh man I hope those teeth aren't permanent D:
POOR SOLLUX

Not this weekend and not next weekend, but I dunno how this workparty thing will work.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3324 on: February 03, 2011, 09:37:46 pm »
@Malaria: But you have to admit, you totally make the best Freckle faces. XD

I'm going to start processing the Central Europe Love Fest or whatever we called it and the Mafitalia New Years shoot soon. For reals. After my midterm and scene presentation tomorrow. @~@

@Felix: The work party is really just an excuse to indirectly hang out with everyone. AND MOTIVATION TO WORK. Sak needs to stop getting so much closer. D:
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #3325 on: February 03, 2011, 10:06:16 pm »
AND MOTIVATION TO WORK. Sak needs to stop getting so much closer. D:

Ohhhh gawd so much woooooooork. Dx
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3326 on: February 03, 2011, 10:20:29 pm »
Mee toooooo. And I don't even have most of Amaimon fabric yet. @~@;;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3327 on: February 03, 2011, 11:30:15 pm »
I need fabric for Yukio coat.....
and a wig, but I should wait till I have help so I don't end up with another tiny failwig.
and also I fail at finding everything online ever. Dx

I figure that as long as I get the patterning and ties done before spring break I still have a chance at getting it done on time.... but there's pretty much no chance for the toolbelt. Dx
if not I at least have the backup version...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3328 on: February 03, 2011, 11:37:03 pm »
Since it's just black fabric, you could risk ordering it online.
Since you have huge huge huge head, I think you're gonna end up getting your wig from Arda, 'cause they have big-people wig nets.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3329 on: February 04, 2011, 01:55:02 pm »
Since you have huge huge huge head, I think you're gonna end up getting your wig from Arda, 'cause they have big-people wig nets.

This is where I'm getting my Shura wig, for this same reason. we just have lots of brains

ACTUALLY I KIND OF ADORE MY MIDDLE SCHOOLERS, they're way more adorable than I ever expected and they're all generally pretty well-behaved. Plus they crack me up because they're all very silly.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3330 on: February 04, 2011, 05:42:10 pm »
More AnE cosplayers crawling out of the woodwork!
http://radclawedraid.deviantart.com/art/Rin-Okumura-UBCS-Soldier-182293464

I kind of regret choosing to cosplay Rin now. There's going to be a million-billion of this cosplay. :I
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3331 on: February 04, 2011, 06:01:52 pm »
Malaria, you will have glowing fire on your head.
you will be the best Rin.

I don't trust the internet for fabric... I suppose I could try to talk someone into taking me to joanns... but I have no time until after the shows are up. D:

I think it's less that I have a huge head and more that I have a beastly hairline. And a lot of hair. I probably have more hair than jaqua despite the length difference......

ALSO. even if you don't read homestuck you should check out this page. It is brilliant. OH TEREZI YOU KILL ME WITH LAUGHTER.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:22:53 pm by Felix »

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3332 on: February 04, 2011, 08:40:53 pm »
Considering AnE is possibly the future Naruto, I predict that Rin cosplayers will be like Naruto cosplayers: There will be zillions and zillions of crappy ones, but when a really exceptional cosplayer shows up, everybody still loves them to death.

That exceptional cosplay is yours Valeria. And you're still getting in before the zillion of crappy ones show up to boot! Glowing fire. On your head. And tail. And SWORD. You win. Hands down. 8D

Soooo tomorrow I'm just gonna leave my MSN and Skype up while me and Valeria work on cosplay, so if any of you are free for a little bit to even just chat, you should totally message/call me. BECAUSE I MISS YOU ALL TERRIBLY. ;o;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3333 on: February 05, 2011, 09:49:41 am »
Thank you guys -insecuritiiiies-

SDCC reg went up this morning. Want so bad. D:
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3334 on: February 05, 2011, 11:47:00 pm »

dont laugh.

its a real screencap.

I love you boiling rock
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3335 on: February 06, 2011, 12:14:24 am »
This is up there with the Bee hands.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3336 on: February 06, 2011, 12:51:34 am »
Scariest sh*t ever.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3337 on: February 06, 2011, 05:19:32 am »
Scariest sh*t ever.
speaking of which.
the update....
GAMZEE IS TERRIFYING. D8
(though Nepeta and Equius's RPing was hilarious...)
MSPA HOW DO YOU DO THIS TO ME.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3338 on: February 06, 2011, 12:54:13 pm »
ohmijesus Gamzee whyyy

HEY GUYS YAGI AND I HAD SWORD PROGRESS LAST NIGHT
We can now fit the batteries in the word handle. In theory.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3339 on: February 06, 2011, 03:26:47 pm »
Boiling Rock seriously has all the best screencaps. Either because people are being really silly or being really hot (ahem Sokka and Zuko and Suki and Ty Lee and Mai and Azula and Hakoda and basically everyone)

Seconding Valeria as best Rin because of flames.

I am stuck at the beach watching the superbowl ughhhhh

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3340 on: February 06, 2011, 04:08:04 pm »
Of course they're hot. They're on Boiling Rock.

<3

oh ew I'm sorry
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers really need to work on their Sakuracon cosplays.
« Reply #3341 on: February 06, 2011, 08:03:44 pm »
ewwww D:
uhh
ditch everyone and go draw something.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3342 on: February 06, 2011, 09:37:05 pm »
New AnE!
THE KYOTO BOOOOOYS <3
and Shura being a hilariously irresponsible guardian.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3343 on: February 07, 2011, 02:59:16 pm »
Homestuck
uh
Equius is really creepy sometimes, y'know?
Poor Nepeta. D:

post-update reading Hussie's formspring: Sometimes he uses the :o) in some of his answers and I sweep silent tears of fear.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:13:01 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3344 on: February 07, 2011, 03:18:34 pm »
I want to be reading Homestuck
BUT I CAN'T
because I finished Act 4 (I think?) and I'm at the Intermission
which is funny and all
but I just want to be reading about TRRROOOOOLLLLSSSSS
And not Diamonds Droog and Hearts Boxcar and Clubs Deuce and Ace... whatever
And then that comic branched off into ANOTHER one about diabeetus and proportions and I don't even know what is going on in it actually

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3345 on: February 07, 2011, 03:25:39 pm »
I wasn't a huge fan of that Intermission either, so just power through it and suddenly Act 5 will start with TROLLS.
Specifically the troll that is me.
AT THE OTHER END OF ALL THOSE TIME SHENANIGANS IS VALERIA THE CRABBY TROLL.
I'd say that most of the Felt stuff in there doesn't really matter, but this is Homestuck. xP But so far, the only thing that's shown up is the Midnight Crew and Sn0wman and, of course, Lord English. But mostly obliquely. I dunno man, it's complicated.

Also, since Valentine's is coming up, Yagi and I were discussing how that's a vaguely good excuse to wear wigs in public.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:26:47 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3346 on: February 07, 2011, 03:33:58 pm »
Yeah, I'm mostly reading everything they present me with on the off chance it's important later. Which is exactly why I'm powering through this stuff. Although in fairness "Wrathtub" is pretty hysterical.

I think every day is a good excuse to wear wigs. I want like seventy so I never actually have to do my hair.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3347 on: February 07, 2011, 03:44:24 pm »
Yeah, Midnight Crew wins all the prizes for object-replacement humor.

I want all the wigs. That way even if I had some totally ridiculous ones, if I was constantly wearing some sort of wig no one would question.
But yeah for Valentine's Day I'm thinking Toph wig and my Dib shirt. Because that shirt is perfect for my curmudgeonly feelings.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3348 on: February 07, 2011, 05:13:30 pm »
Yagi my life hates me right now, so This summer Im building Jet's treehouse in your backyard and Im going to live there for all eternity okay? '

Why is it all three of my profs schedule all the major assignments due on the same day, always? ALWAYS?
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3349 on: February 07, 2011, 09:14:20 pm »
That sucks a lot. But I will live in Jet's treehouse with you and it will be awesome. We can swing through trees and have a glorious old time, and you can laugh whenever I scream at a spider within ten feet of me. Or I can come over after all your assignments are done and bring you coffee or something to make you feel better, either/or

I think Toph wig/Zim shirt is a glorious combination. I will wear Rosa wig on V-day or maybe I'll mix it up and wear Worth wig and be blonde and crazy. And then FLY AIR BISON shirt. Yes