Author Topic: Need help finding good Cosplay top  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
Need help finding good Cosplay top
« on: February 09, 2010, 10:14:22 pm »
Help I am trying to cosplay Mikoto Shinozaki form the anime OverDrive and I can't find anything that would be a good top for this. I would make one but I don't have the time or the skills to do it. I really want to do this one for Sakura-con.

The top is I biking Jersey made out of spandex (Lycra) or spandex (Lycra) like martial. So far the best idea I had so far is buying a white one and dyeing it pink. It is also really hard to get one with a collar. Also I tryed to see if I could get one custom made and I have to buy 6 jerseys if I want to do that.
See photo for picture of the top

Cospaly                    Planed cosplay
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Blackstar                   Kiba
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline neko

• Cabbit
Re: Need help finding good Cosplay top
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 01:31:32 am »
Hmm yea.. I would say to go with the dyeing idea. I mean its going to be hard to get one that looks like that but if you have ever tried working with spandex or like anything near that material (for me elastic) X,x *gag*

You could maybe just go for the right style, bleach it, then dye it. That's my input.

btw overdrive was good :3
~I use to be a heavy gambler, then I started making mental bets. That's how I lost my mind.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 02:22:28 am »
Be careful with bleach. It weakens the fabric, and different fabrics react differently to colour removal. If you plan on dyeing the shirt, I'd recommend starting with a white one. From the style, white will probably be the easiest to find anyway.

To me, the shirt looks too loose to be spandex. I think you'd be fine using a shirt made of thin cotton. Cotton will be a lot easier to find and work with, especially since it's a collared shirt, and it will probably photograph better than spandex.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 12:23:33 pm »
Also, if you continuously check value village or good will, you should be able to find onw. I've seen stuff just like that before. at the very least, you could at least find a white one there.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 03:27:38 pm »
I sort of remember seeing shirts likes these at department stores like Ross. Although the one's that I have seen are in the 'Misses Athletic' section and may not be fitting to your body type. I would think that the male section might have something like this since it is a fairly simple shirt (jersey, if you will).  A zip up "polo" may work...? And you can pin the number plate on it?

You could try the fabric dyeing method, but keep in mind that synthetic material (polyester, nylon, spandex) are difficult to work with.  I'm sure there are tutorials out there :)
And so it begins...

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 03:38:14 pm »

Is this anything like what you want?

It's a North Face Polo Shirt...hope this can get you somewhere  :D

Whooopsy...double post  :-X
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:40:02 pm by princessmoon »
And so it begins...