Author Topic: Karaoke AMV  (Read 3888 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Karaoke AMV
« on: June 13, 2005, 07:32:52 pm »
There is a great shortage of actual karaoke tracks for most of the musc that we in Otakudom love. You know, the kind with scrollig lyrics, and little or no main vocal track present. It takes a real artist to suppress enough of the track to make a singer heard over he original. It takes an extremely patient person to line up the tracks. It's a very time consuming process, so one person alone can't make a decent amount of songs.

So what if karaoke tracks were part of AMV contests? A lot of the American karaoke has some sort of music video in the background. What if someone made the video, but included the lyrics along the bottom, and supressed the vocals? If we shared these tracks, we could build up a library of decent karaoke, one song at a time. It would be easy to judge, on things like do the lyrics scroll (light up as each word is sung), or are they just up on the screen a line at a time? How well are the vocals supressed? Did the person use an existing track, or create it themselves? This could be another K-Con first. We could revolutionize Karaoke.

AMV artists - would you do it?
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
Karaoke AMV
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 08:34:51 pm »
I can take already made ones and remove voice, but thats about it...
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Karaoke AMV
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 09:08:23 am »
I...am not that good.  I can put the words up...but teh scrollage is beyond my capabilities.  

Hrm.  What we really need to do...is get a group of AMV artists together...and have us all work on it.  XD

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
Karaoke AMV
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 09:15:39 am »
I did something like that with this video:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=65185

Originally I had each of the words "glow" when spoken in the song, but didn't like the way it was turning out so I reverted to showing one line of text at a time.

BTW, some folks told me the video is jumpy when they are in the jeep, which I had to tell them that the footage of the anime is jumpy while they are in the jeep, and not something that was messed up in Premiere.

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Karaoke AMV
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 01:38:15 pm »
I'm glad to hear people have tried. It sounds like you're right - we need a group to get together to try this, maybe a whole network. Unfortunately, it would only be for the greater good of karaoke, unless we could convince some big company that they could make money at this. Of course, then it's all licensing, and blah. Obviously, someone is making money off of it, as I can buy American music, no problem.

Sinaj - I can't get your link to work. I keep getting the info page when I click on the download.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
Karaoke AMV
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 05:54:10 pm »
http://www.morethantoast.com/video.php?id=18

best AMV iv ever seen! can you put that in the AMV and give them credit beacuse i want evryone to see it!

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
Karaoke AMV
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 07:46:14 am »
Imari - if you scroll all the way down, you'll see a green "local" link. That's the download link.

And Panda, it's already listed at amv.org. back in May of 2002.

I think this idea is a very good one, and it would be best as a group project since highlighting each individual word takes a while to do.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Karaoke AMV
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 10:22:46 am »
Quote from: "Sinaj"
Imari - if you scroll all the way down, you'll see a green "local" link. That's the download link.

And Panda, it's already listed at amv.org. back in May of 2002.

I think this idea is a very good one, and it would be best as a group project since highlighting each individual word takes a while to do.

The problem she keeps having, and I'm having too, is that the Local link sends us back to the very page the link is on.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
Karaoke AMV
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 10:42:51 am »
oh *blush* sorry about that. In order to download AMVs from that site, you need to register with them (which is free). When I registered a long time ago, there was a one week waiting period before you could start downloading videos. Not sure if that is still in effect, but if it is and you really, really can't wait, http://www.protoculturex.com/uploads/headingforthesun.avi will download it too.

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
How about a get together?
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 06:12:46 pm »
I can't do much in the realm of AMV besides organizing the group, and maybe keeping it going, meetings, etc. I would love to do this though. I's also love to learn to make these videos. Is anyone going to be at the Portland general meeting, besides me? Or maybe we could get a web based network going?

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
Karaoke AMV
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 09:11:32 pm »
Im working on a AMV right now!

well more of a ANIMEGAME video...

its of JetGrindRadio! im doing it for fun!!!

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!