Author Topic: ~For My Aunt~  (Read 832 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
~For My Aunt~
« on: November 18, 2009, 09:14:03 pm »
Around 1:00pm on Tuesday,
I watched my aunt slip away, with sixteen of her family members around her hospital bed, one of her sisters, son and daughter holding her hands and arm the entire time. She had ovarian cancer. But we only knew about it for a couple of weeks, though the doctors said she most likely had it for around two years....

She said she was ready to go, and got to have her granddaughter baptised in the catholic faith in her hospital room two days prior, which is what she wanted the most. Since the first day she was admitted into the hospital, my large family refused to leave her side. Cramming nearly 30 people into her room to be with her, everyday, for hours on end, sometimes nearly for 24 hours. One of her sisters stayed with her the entire time, overnight, living with her in the hospital room.

I was scared to be in the room when they told me it was her time to go, and they were going to turn the machines off, but I wanted to be there next to my aunt. I'll never get the image of my grandmothers tears or my cousins sobs out of my head, but I do not regret anything. I'm bitter, angry, hurt, but I know there's nothing I could have done for her except love her as much as possible, which I did. I kissed her, hugged her, told her I loved her, and held her hand every moment I could get.

I can't beleive how lucky I am to have a family full of so much love. I just wish that it wasn't one member short.

I love you Aunt Jojo.
I will miss you so much.

For people who didn't know her, to know she once lived. The least I can do for her.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:21:11 pm by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
Re: ~For My Aunt~
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:22:53 pm »
I am speechless. I am felling so many emotions right now. Like you said she is catholic and I went to a catholic school from K to 8 grade and when I was in religion class I learned many things about this faith (due to the fact I personal don't practice a religion) and in the class I remember hearing things about The Last Rights and if you aunt truly belived in paretics of this faith she is up in heaven looking down on you.
Cospaly                    Planed cosplay
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Blackstar                   Kiba
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:28:02 pm »
I grew up with the catholic faith too, though I don't practice it myself.
But part of me really hopes it is true.
Thanks. : )

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:35:15 pm »
I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope the best for you and your family.
I miss 2010.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 10:41:32 pm »
I am sorry to hear that but it is good that she was so loved
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids