Author Topic: Baccano! Meetup/Photoshoot (Date pending, inquire inside)  (Read 8818 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Baccano! Meetup/Photoshoot (Date pending, inquire inside)
« on: November 17, 2009, 03:00:29 pm »
Hey all,

Planning another meet-up that's been just an idea jostled around for quiet sometime now.

I absolutely adore Baccano! as do my friends. TD Bro Chad has had cosplays from it since we've banded together and I'd really love for us to get an official photoshoot going on outside of a convention around Union Station and other areas. I'm not sure how long it would take, but I'm going to talk to some friends and get 1-2 photographers, we'll poop around for a while, and in typical Baccano! cosplay meetups, go out for Italian food afterwards.

This is going to take some planning since I know I'm going to: 1.) Have to have a talk with Union Station to see when, or even if we are allowed to be there. 2.) Probably help pay for gas to get the one photographer I want to help us out to get to Portland 3.) Make sure that everyone's costumes are done ahead of time and 4.) Make reservations for our large group at the restaurant.

So first off, is there a date that would work well for everyone? I was thinking around February or March, maybe even after Sakuracon. It would depend on what would work best for everyone.

We have a lot of popular spots filled up already, but the biggest reason I am making this public in here and not in the Baccano! thread in the cosplay subforum is because I would really love it if we could get all of the major characters (and even minor ones). No doubles of characters please, I would like to make sure that people aren't left out and....pictures are just weird with doubles.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE APART OF THIS Please notify me asap, I want you to be able to COMMIT. None of us will appreciate people bailing on us. Also, please splurge the money/time for a well made costume.

Need a ride or room? Please talk to me as well. I know people who will be traveling from Washington and other parts of Oregon. I will house as many people as I possibly can in my apartment but if we get a lot, I'll figure something out.

Let's make this excellent though guys, I'm sure the ending product will be well worth it.

Characters and participating people
Issac Dian- Kyle J.
Miria Harvent- Nikki J. (~boogiepop~)
Firo Prochainezo- Anthony L. (Trumby)
Maiza Avaro- Jameson W.? (ManofthePublic)????
Keith Gandor-
Berga Gandor-
Luck Gandor- Jacob_Blackfeather
Szilard Quates-
Ennis- Cloudstrife32
Claire Stanfield- Catchxme?
Lua Klein-
Ladd Russo- Mark W. (Hellsap)
Chane Laforet- Demonspawn?
Jaccuzi Splot- Josh R. (Kalark)
Nice Holystone- Meagan A.?
Eve Genoard- Katie B. (Fluer_fraise)
Dallas Genoard-
Czeslaw Meyer- Ren M. (Mei Long)
Rachel- Shannon (shanime_panda)???
Chick Jefferson-
Huey Laforet- Andrew N. (Brock)
Graham Specter- Olivia S.
Carol- Rhianna B. (Hisuji_Bash)
Sylvia- Frozen Light
BROTOGRAPHERS- Jason D. (Zombieface/Jailbreak), Jameson (ManofthePublic)

If there is a character that you want to do from the novels or a minor character that isn't up there, let me know and I'll add it. I also have the character reference sheets for most of the characters from the anime. Let me know if you need one.

Question marks by your name means I'm holding the spot for you. Let me know ASAP if you can have a costume and attend. Also attending means Baccano! candy bars that I make for the meetups plus other wonderful stuff.

MANY BIRTHDAYS TO COME :B
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:45:02 am by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
Re: Baccano! Meetup/Photoshoot (Date pending, inquire inside)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 03:12:12 pm »
This sounds like so much fun! The only thing is, I don't know if I'll have a wig for Ennis by then, since I'm supposed to be bleaching my hair sometime soon. I'd like to commit to this and say; 'Boogie! I'll totally be your Ennis!!!!', but at the same time, I don't want to have to back out, if I can't afford her wig.

You know what... Count me in, Boogie. If this is in February or March, I should be able to get a wig by then. For Christmas, I'm pretty much only asking for money. And if I get the right amount, I can have a wig by then. And hopefully, my own suit, since I don't want to borrow my friends again.

As for my two cents, for the date, I think it should actually happen sometime in March, or after Sakura-con. Just because my free time in February is filling up PRETTY fast.
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 03:23:03 pm »
I'm leaning more towards March as well just because I'm worried about the weather. It may be best to do it after Sakuracon so everyones costumes are all fixed and we won't have snow. And I'll put you down for Ennis.

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 04:43:14 pm »
If I cant get Maiza I'll still go as a BROTOGRAPHER.

Offline Hisuji_Bash

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 05:09:20 pm »
I plan to have Carol done before/for Mewcon. BUT I will wait to tell you for sure if I can go, just in case. By Mewcon I should have an answer. ^^
Soul Eater: Soul (90%)
Metal Gear Solid1: Meryl(20%)
Guilty Gear: Sol(30%)
Baccano:Carol(85%)

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 05:26:47 pm »
I have Feb/March down as my deadline for Czeslaw anyway so this works great! I am insanely stoked about the meetup - it's gonna be my Sakuracon. ;D

Aka: COUNT ME IN. I'm totally committed. Haha!

As far as specific dates I have no idea what would work for me yet 'cause it's a tad far off. But I don't think my schedule should pose too much of a problem no matter what.

Thanks for making this, Nikki!
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 05:28:41 pm »
Okay. So if this is in March. I could probably go. By then I SHOULD have my costume ready. I didn't really think about it, but you'd want me to wear it to Sakuracon, right? If this is after Scon, I should have the costume finished/fixed up in time for a photoshoot.

So count me in. If this doesn't work out, I'll give you a long time's notice.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 05:39:09 pm »
@ Ren- Yay, I'm glad :D I'm crossing my fingers this will be the best meetup yet!

@Katie- We are having a big Baccano! meetup at Sakuracon with some cosplayers that don't attending Kumoricon, so if you want to have your Eve done that would be amazing.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 05:40:09 pm »
Okay, I'll try my hardest to do Eve before Sakuracon. Next time I watch the anime, I'll take screenshots of her outfit, since I don't really know what it looks like XD
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 05:41:19 pm »
I have the character ref sheets for her. I'll send them to you tomorrow.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 05:47:08 pm »
Oh, dude, that'd be so awesome. I went to the official website, but I only found a sketch of her face >:
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline minuetlove

• Oni
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 06:08:45 pm »
I just need Wig, vest, and boots for Nice. The ribbon around her neck will be easy cause it's just a black ribbon, and I have some make up for the burn. So I'm close but not there yet. I have pants and glasses though!!

** don't know if I'm going to be able to get the vest done since I A) can't sew and depend on my mom for it and B) hardly go into Salem to get my mom's help to make anything. /: So I'm not saying I will for sure be able to make it. And I don't know who else to ask besides you Nikki, but I don't want to make you super super busy. D:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 06:11:36 pm by minuetlove »
2010-11 hopeful cosplays

Souseiseki; Nice Holystone; Allenby Beardsley; Greece; Taiga Aisaka

Offline katayamadono

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 08:01:30 pm »
I wanna goooooooooo. D: I can do it! (MAYBE!)

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 09:19:02 pm »
So would this be in the Portland area?
if we do it the week of Sakuracon, it would be perfect for me since that's my Spring Break :D
I would also DEFINITELY have my costume done by then.
but if it's too hectic to do it the same week as a con I understand..

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
    • Jailbreak Designs / Photography
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 11:20:52 pm »
sup.

yo bro. You know I am down.

BROTOGRAPHER! At your service. <3

also.. we should start CAPITALIZING and EXCLAMATING! (<----not a word) random words to salute BACCANO!'s excellence.

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 01:52:39 am »
You know I'm totally down. As for dates..that's really hard for me to say at this point. I can try to take off a Friday or Monday (so they can't make me work that weekend) to make sure I can go.

After Sakura-con would probably be better for me than March, work wise.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 08:33:46 am »
@Maeg- Yeah, I wouldn't have time to make it with all the stuff going on D: Just let me know soon if you think you could get done or not. If not, you will still be our Nice for Kumoricon :> It looks like our other Nice who was retiring her costume after sakuracon is showing interest in this too, so no biggie~ Just let me know.

@Torei- Yeah? Would you want to do Nice or something new?

@Shannon- Portland area for sure. I'm pretty damn sure it won't be the week of Sakuracon though, because of everyone scrambling to get ready. Would you still be able to come if it's not at that time? Where do you live again?

@Jason- I was hoping you would be in :> You get the couch at my house. Or do you think you're going to be living in da Po-burbs by then? Also EXCLAMATING THINGS MAKES MY AURA OF A SMART PERSON DROP BY...5 >:

@Anthony- It looks like after Sakuracon would work better for most people so that might be the best route.

@Rhianna- Pfffft, I missed your post. I know I was forgetting someone and it was YOU! I'll put you down just because I want you to be there bad D':

Would after Sakuracon work for everyone? It would assure the "doneness" of peoples costumes and we won't have people bailing because of school probably (beginning of quarters, terms and crap).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:25:40 am by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 01:06:45 pm »
After Sak is good with me. My spring term starts the beginning of April so if we did it after Sak I wouldn't have much school work to keep me house-bound since I'd still be within the first couple weeks of school. ;D
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 05:14:56 pm »
hehe. I live in California.
like...the border between california and oregon, so it takes me a good 6 and a half hours to get there...
if the majority prefers after sakura-con, then I shall find a way!!!

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 12:27:06 am »
As long as it isn't memorial day weekend (Fanime), I'm fine for the rest of April and May. I can always try to arrange my weekend working around it.

hehe. I live in California.
like...the border between california and oregon, so it takes me a good 6 and a half hours to get there...
if the majority prefers after sakura-con, then I shall find a way!!!
The problem with the week (or during the week in general) of Sakura-con would be people who have school/work not being able to show up, unfortunately. Myself definitely included in that one.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 09:06:10 am »
SO FAR AWAY SHANNON ;.;

Yeah, after Sakuracon would be best. If you need somewhere to stay the night because it's far, you are welcome to be at my house! And if you need a parent to talk to someone we are chill and harmless.

Anyways, bumping this because we need more characters.

MOAR.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:06:28 am by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Brock

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 01:20:53 pm »
yeah, you guys can count me in for after scon

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 01:23:08 pm »
Awesome, Andrew! If you need somewhere to stay let me know. Our living room is big :B

So I'll start figuring out a date after Sakuracon that we can do this. I'll probably swing for a Saturday. I'll post some possible dates soon.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 08:49:01 am »
I know I'm Doing Chane and CatchxMe is being Claire, I have to talk to her when she gets back from Cali, but I think March is far enough away that I can plan for this, and I'd love to go. <3
I miss 2010.

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2009, 09:46:13 pm »
I'll probably be able to come, I would just have to leave early in the morning and maybe stay the night (unless my brother drives me, in which case he would probably just drive back that night)
But yea, that would be a kick ass weekend

I'll keep checking back for when you peoples decided on a time/location  ;)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2009, 11:53:12 pm »
You're welcome to stay at our place Shannon. And I'll start figuring out a time and date soon.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2009, 03:00:32 am »
Most likely any weekend after Sakura-con will work for me (except memorial day weekend b/c Fanime), because we are now picking our weekends at work (but they have to be picked in advance) so as long as we have a date by March I know I'll be able to attend.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 01:35:50 pm »
How does that sound with everyone? Weekend after Sakuracon that is? That would work best for me since I won't have a lot of homework. After we decide on a date I can call up the train station and ask them if they mind if we are there.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 03:26:16 pm »
soooo....April 10th?

as far as time goes, I know I could get there by around 1 or 2.
How longs do you guys think we'll end up taking pictures? I'm estimating a few hours, but I've never worked with a big group before so I wouldn't know......

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 05:19:05 pm »
Who would you like me to be?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 06:18:02 pm »
I think I will actually do luck gandor

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 10:02:09 pm »
Sorry I haven't been keeping up on this D: Welcome Jacob and I'll update the front page soon.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 11:24:37 pm »
No it's totally fine XD

Offline Frozen Light

• Chibi
    • MySpace
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 10:54:32 am »
Hello! Thought this was cool so i was wondering if i could be a character and join in on the awesome fun~! XD was wondering if i could be Sylvie Lumiere~! If that spot is not taken i would be happy to take it. ^^

Hi Cloudy~!

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 09:38:39 pm »
it would be awesome to have Sylvie :)

so....uh...anything set yet?

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 10:42:19 am »
All I know is that we are planning for after Sakuracon. Jason was going to help me contact Union Station but we've both been slammed with life so we haven't gotten a chance. I'll update the front page with new people and try to get on this ASAP. Sorry guys, college sucks! Ha ha ha.

Also Demonspawn, Catchxme, ManofthePublic, and loveminute I'll be getting in contact with you soon to see if you can confirm or not.

Also Jacob! See if you can round up your two brothers :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:46:56 am by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Frozen Light

• Chibi
    • MySpace
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 11:41:39 am »
it would be awesome to have Sylvie :)
Thank you! she looked really cool and also, was talked into it by Cloudy a while back. =3

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 03:02:10 pm »
All I know is that we are planning for after Sakuracon. Jason was going to help me contact Union Station but we've both been slammed with life so we haven't gotten a chance. I'll update the front page with new people and try to get on this ASAP. Sorry guys, college sucks! Ha ha ha.

Also Demonspawn, Catchxme, ManofthePublic, and loveminute I'll be getting in contact with you soon to see if you can confirm or not.

Also Jacob! See if you can round up your two brothers :D

understandable.
I'll let the parentals know what's up so that it doesn't seem like a last  minute decision.

edit: Mom's cool with it. AND my brother is totally willing to take me :D
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:38:20 pm by shanime_panda »

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
    • Jailbreak Designs / Photography
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 07:24:14 pm »
*sniffle*

I am sick. 

So. uh.. 

Union station
800 Northwest 6th Avenue
Portland, OR 97209
(503) 227-1234

My phone is broken but if anyone can call, that'd be great.  Simply ask if there is a train that could be available for photoshoots. It doesn't have to be working and would only need it for a couple hours. Ask if there are fees or regulations we have to abide by. Also, if they aren't helpful, get a number for who we need to talk to.  ALSO, who is making the Flying Pussyfoot tickets?  Cuz i can tell you one thing.. I heard of this beast called the Railtracer.. and he requires a boarding pass.  O_O

If any of you dunno who I am, I am the Brotographer of Boogiepop.  you can see my DA if you wanna.

Tah Tah for now!

http://jailbreakdesigns.deviantart.com/

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 08:02:25 pm »
I'll be calling sometime this week then! I'll come back with results.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 10:11:52 pm »
so, any updates?
my brother's been asking what date since he'll probably have to request time off

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2010, 12:10:23 pm »
Alright, bumping this back to the top!

Also I know my weekends for work. I'm free the rest of this month except the 17th (unless I can't get a ride to the kcon meeting), May 1st / 2nd, and May 23rd (have something to do on the 22nd). That may change though as I may switch May 1st/2nd with 15th/16th, depending on if I can make the Kcon meeting next weekend.

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2010, 10:45:46 pm »
I'm busy with a school play until after the 6th 7th and 8th of May, and then I have prom on May 15th :/
I'd be good with anytime after that, but if that's too late I understand.