Author Topic: Evil Dead, the Musical  (Read 8952 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Evil Dead, the Musical
« on: October 28, 2009, 09:28:38 am »
No, I'm not kidding. It ends this weekend, in Bend. I'm likely going for Samhain/All Hallows.
Anyone seen it? Or want to join me & my pal there?
One of my pals from our old pirate LARP made some of the sets & has been on stage as an understudy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCL43IHXUpA
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Re: Evil Dead, the Musical
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 10:19:00 am »
 :( I've never been sad that I wasn't in Bend.

UNTIL NOW  :(
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 10:42:21 am »
Same, wishing I was in bend and had no plans. I wanted to see that for so long. but this weekend is all booked up already. ;-;

Hey, still.... Give me some sugar baby. *grabs.. tom since he is the closes man, dips him and kisses him.*

hehe... okay... movie.. no idea if that's in the musical too, but it should be! oh.. and ... hehe.. Tom, sounds a little like Tim and Ted played a Tim once. I so love Ted Raimi. <3

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 10:53:02 am »
Honestly I'm just praying the roads are safe when I drive. It's been pouring, & cold. A pal of mine totalled his car on the ice in La Pine. I got snowed in last time I drove to Bend. So visualize me traveling safely please!!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 10:58:00 am »
i have the soundtrack, and i LOVE IT.
i have been wanting to see it since i added the group on myspace like 4 years ago.

i totally don't have myspace anymore so don't ask xD

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 01:00:12 pm »
lmao, my group and I already saw it on Friday last week.
But maybe we can organize a meet up with you guys? I'd love to meet you guys ^^
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 01:31:31 pm »
lmao, my group and I already saw it on Friday last week.
But maybe we can organize a meet up with you guys? I'd love to meet you guys ^^

lol no monies.
well, i might have some by then.

EDIT: nevermind, i won't be getting money until the end of the month *sigh*
its all good though.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 01:32:20 pm by xcthulhux »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 03:25:02 pm »
If you happen to be old enough to go to the Blackhorse, we are going to see our pals' ska band play there after we go to the play (if there are still tickets, we can afford them, & we can safely drive to the theater).

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 03:46:42 pm »
I'm gonna have to hunt down that soundtrack then.
Or have cthulhu bring it over next time we have a rock band party (like maybe Thursday next week?)
It'd be the perfect thing to listen to after plus one watches Repo! for the first time!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 03:57:40 pm »
I'm gonna have to hunt down that soundtrack then.
Or have cthulhu bring it over next time we have a rock band party (like maybe Thursday next week?)
It'd be the perfect thing to listen to after plus one watches Repo! for the first time!
i'm gonna have to find it, its at my moms house.
although, i may have it on my laptop.
if not, i will just torrent it.
legally of course, as i already own it

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 08:17:12 pm »
I've got a copy of it I could burn for ya if you guys do come through Bend, how old do you have to be for Blackhorse? It's a bar so I'll assume 21, but I'm 19 so maybe? XD
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 08:33:04 pm »
I've got a copy of it I could burn for ya if you guys do come through Bend, how old do you have to be for Blackhorse? It's a bar so I'll assume 21, but I'm 19 so maybe? XD

I will burn tom a copy, and give it to him, its no problem.
i just need to get a blank disc >.>

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 09:25:58 am »
I've never been to the Blackhorse, but I'm sorry to say I suspect it's 21+. Meantime due to credit card fail (I chose not to put off buying fish food) most likely I will actually not be able to afford to go. This is also in part because I would probably have to spend over $60 as my pal is now bringing his gf up from Medford...anyway maybe I could get in on that copy of the soundtrack sometime thing.
BTW Bruce actually came to a show, my friend involved in the show has pix of him signing autographs etc., on his facebook
If you are on FB check the pix of Marc Mason

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 10:26:40 am »
wow we have had a flier for this for a month and just realized it is in bend
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 11:02:15 am »
Yeah, Bruce was there, I went to the show when he was there. He signed my friend Cameron's ankle so he could get it tattooed
So he has Bruce's sig permanently attached to the inside of his ankle :P
We did Q&A with him, and, on camera, he called me "a **** idiot" jokingly lol
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 11:29:43 am »
Yeah, Bruce was there, I went to the show when he was there. He signed my friend Cameron's ankle so he could get it tattooed
i would shi* bricks if bruce campbell called me an idiot.

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 12:50:35 pm »
I almost did lol
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 03:48:31 pm »
Wow that is truly devoted...& eerie
Photos plz!!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 04:33:24 pm »
That was such an awsome show!!  ;D Ultimate meetup for HDC lol...next stop...GWAR!!!!

Blackhorse is pretty cool...who is your friends Ska Band? Would it be Necktie Killer by chance...because my roommate & I know them from school & he goes to a lot of their shows.

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 11:02:10 am »
haha, I have a class at COCC with one of the guys who does a bunch of stuff for/with Necktie Killers XD
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
ska band
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 11:35:10 am »
YES!! Andy Edwards, from necktie killer, & I have known each other for like 7 years or so, from our pirate LARP in the SCA & related events. (Any of you hear of "The Ergh Fleet from Corvaria"?) Well anyway I was at the show 10/3 at what used to be called The Timbers South. I was going to be heading there today but for a variety of reasons, primarily financial fail, 90% likely will not. However nk are playing Eugene 11/13 & I will be there! I think they are trying to find somewhere to play 11/14 in Eugene as well. Then 11/15 is the Portland Comic Book Convention, so quite a weekend of frolic! nk have a myspace page, usually it's Ben Mann who writes me back there. Small world!!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 11:36:17 am »
COCC
do not sound this out.
it could end in win.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 12:25:44 pm »
Anyone got pictures from the show?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 01:08:39 pm »
If you are on facebook, friend me if you haven't already (sorry I have like 788 people hard to remember who is or isn't), Marc Mason on my friends list has the pix

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 09:51:09 pm »

Unfortunately not...I didnt bring a camera & was too enthralled by the show to care lol

RemSaverem(LOVE YOUR NAME BTW....TRIGUN FTMFW), one of these times you come to Central Oregon to see them, you will have to meetup with us & have a couple drinks!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 01:01:44 pm »

Unfortunately not...I didnt bring a camera & was too enthralled by the show to care lol

RemSaverem(LOVE YOUR NAME BTW....TRIGUN FTMFW), one of these times you come to Central Oregon to see them, you will have to meetup with us & have a couple drinks!
Definitely!! I'd love to!! Sad to say, though, I'm a bit timid when it comes to driving over the pass in the winter. That's because when I first started hanging out there a few years ago, there was a day I saw SUVs overturned on the way to Sisters from hitting black ice, & my ex's dad's car just got totalled near LaPine when another driver couldn't stop on black ice. So, unless I head out there in the next couple weeks, it will probably be April or so....Thanks for the name nod. I actually made my email be rem_saverem_was_right (@yahoo.com) as homage to her love for all species (i.e. not just the butterfly but also the spider...), open-mindedness, pacifism, ecological awareness...being the inspiration for Vash's devotion to "Love and Peace"...yah. The first year I was on our Religion in Anime & Manga panel at Kumoricon, I talked about Rem as my personal spiritual inspiration out of all anime & manga I have encountered. Any clue whether she'll appear in the forthcoming Trigun movie? My new other faves are the Ark Angels (it's a Korean manwha, of which I've only been able to find 3 issues). They look into the faces of animals & see their souls, & try to save them before humans can render them extinct.
BTW I usually mostly hung out at friends' houses when in Bend (or picked them up for SCA or pirate LARP events). We did however used to do karaoke at the Shilo Inn & sometimes splurge on Thai food at Toomie's or late-night milkshakes at Shari's. Oh & once I saw my friend dance at Stars, but she doesn't dance there anymore. She is, though, performing in "Harvey" at the 2nd St Theatre. I love the Jimmy Stewart movie version, so I'd love to go, but it's in December, so unless I took the train....

PS I wouldn't be surprised if we knew more of the same people, for example the guy with me at KC & Anime Evolution '07 was from Bend & used to busk in the breezeway. I sent a couple of you myspace friend adds
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 01:15:41 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 08:49:46 am »
Ya...a lot of people don't like driving in the weather here...but to be honest, its all about leaving early when you go places & just take your time & be careful.

Rem is an awsome character, her perspective is one that more people need to see when it comes to open-mindedness especially. I'm sure that there will at least be mention of her in the movie since she had a huge role in shaping the main character.

I don't use myspace but you can e-mail or msn me...also, if you do decide to come down, PM me for my cell # & we can make plans to hang out. G/F & I are always up for making new friends & would enjoy going out & grabbing a drink with you...just let me know  :D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 08:13:55 pm »
Totally awesome, thanks, & ditto if you're randomly in Eugene--any of you! My dear companion is very much not otaku (doesn't even watch tv)...

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 08:34:15 am »
Totally awesome, thanks, & ditto if you're randomly in Eugene--any of you! My dear companion is very much not otaku (doesn't even watch tv)...
I've been known to randomly travel...this year especially...so you never know ;D

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 09:43:00 am »
I've been known to randomly travel...this year especially...so you never know ;D
so why aren't you coming up to beaverton w/ pat, and the HDC gang, to come hang out with lonely little me?

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 09:52:40 am »
Was too short of notice for me...had plans already to see my little niece & go to a contest here...anyway, this discussion is getting too far off topic, we should probably move it to SAY almost ANYTHING WE WANT...or somewhere like that.

I feel sad for all that missed the show, was absolutely amazing!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 09:58:34 am »
Was too short of notice for me...had plans already to see my little niece & go to a contest here...anyway, this discussion is getting too far off topic, we should probably move it to SAY almost ANYTHING WE WANT...or somewhere like that.

I feel sad for all that missed the show, was absolutely amazing!
i didn't mean then. i meant in general.
like, why aren't you coming up here now?

on topic: BRUCE CAMPBELL FTW

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 10:34:43 am »
Lol I still have to work for a living...that's why we went to Evil Dead on a weekend showing

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 02:19:32 pm »
Just where did the show go to after the stop in Bend? It is touring right?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 02:26:00 pm »
I'm pretty sure it is travelling but I don't know where to next...might have to do some google research. You could PM Pat & ask him, he might know.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 07:30:16 pm »
It just closed in Austin. It was also playing Vancouver, BC

Offline balmno

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 01:08:50 am »
Wow I never knew it was a musical. I'm seriously debating whether to drive up to Canada to catch the show or not. I'm really hating myself for not checking these forums regularly.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2009, 01:09:39 am »
Wow I never knew it was a musical. I'm seriously debating whether to drive up to Canada to catch the show or not. I'm really hating myself for not checking these forums regularly.
Correction.
IT is not a musical, there just happens to be a musical of IT

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 07:43:38 am »
I would encourage you to go see it if you can...show was amazing. You will love it.