This may take a few more years, and I may be running against the clock (or calendar) of political change, but I HAVE been rumored to be saving up for a new TOY for a revisit of the same theme as this AMV
That AMV briefly showed a 1939 Finnish Lahti (20mm) - it's the one mounted on skis so it can be dragged around in snow. Those are historical collectibles and even if you get your hands on one, the ammo - if you can get your hands on that
- is gonna be about 70 years old. Not the kind of gunpowder I prefer to trust, especially in a round that's about 120 times more powerful than a Colt .45ACP, and about 4x more powerful than the .50BMG used in the AMV above.
Not to mention way
"live" rounds for the Lahti are about $65 each when I last checked.
.50BMG go for about $3 - $5, but I stocked up before O-bumble's election so I'm good for a while.
Anyways, I'm considering finagling a way to borrow or use one of these.
Ammo is about $8 - $10 for inert rounds. "Interesting" rounds come with a $200 tax plus gobs of paperwork per round, and you need an ATF-approved magazine
(no, not the kind you read) to store them. A little outta my league so far. But inert rounds still deliver a wallop at 65,600 foot pounds of energy. Definitely good for a headache.
So NOW, on to the REST of the thread. The purpose of the original Chibi Things
AMV was a royal SMACKDOWN of certain ubercute, cloying annoying characters in anime, especially those that:
- Talk in high pitched yips, chirps, and whistle tones, which are somehow understood
by at least one character, who now has to translate for the rest of the party.
- Delays or diverts progress of the main plot by being helpless, needing to be fed, or
other special regularly-scheduled, inconvenient maintenance. Competent characters
have to stop what they're doing and tend to it.
- It mooches off the party or other main characters, and like a cat seems to just expect
this situation to go on forever. It whines or mewls when it's not the center of attention.
- Are diminuitive and often get picked up and held by a girl character who's got a great
rack, thus obscuring the view. Or by monopolizing the attention of such a girl, make
her unavailable for more mature relationships with some of the 'real' guys in the crew.
(Example: Groove Adventure Rave)
- The Jar-Jar Binks
effect: You see it and KNOW
it simply has to DIE
SO - feel free to modify, expand, or refine the definition, and let's get going on the
OFFICIAL PROJECT SEQUEL TARGET LIST!
Rule #1: No human characters as targets. Critters only.