Author Topic: Unofficial Cosplay Chess 2010  (Read 89801 times)

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
    • Kato's mini Japanese Anime, Culture and Hobby Page
Re: Unofficial Cosplay Chess 2010
« Reply #150 on: February 10, 2010, 08:56:04 am »
I had So Much Fun in last year's game! I do hope I can be in next year's as well but not sure if I will be able to attend.
Had to catch up on the thread as I've been trying to get Sakura-con's Cosplay Chess games organized (we have 3 now)

If I can I may apply as Shiki from Vampire Knight or maybe my Vocaloid character Haku Yowane.

Cheers,
Kato (Capt. Tessa in last year's game)

You!! You were the one who killed me right off in the very game I was ranting about on the SC forum...and you didn't even remember. Ouch. -_-;

Also, I'm so sorry that battle was so suckular. I have NO idea who the character is. That makes it difficult to fight against. We need a way to remedy this. Maybe...I don't know more time between sign-up and the convention?

But then we have no idea who will be dealing with soo...hmmm maybe with more obscure ( or all) of our characters we can have a link to a wiki or something.
... not knowing what to do when you get on stage is horrifying.  For me anyway. I'm never living that one down.

Oh I do remember you. I believe in the SC forum you said Aki's chess game and as I didn't go to Aki I thought you were someone else.
I do agree that knowing the players characters on the board ahead of time helps alot for better battles. When our board assignments come out for Sakuracon's games I usually look up the characters I don't know to learn something about their personality, It's how I'm able to do improv battles with just about anyone on the board.
I even study the characters for games I'm not in just in case I get thrown into the game (It's happened before to fill in a missing player)
As my friends will tell you, I like being prepared whether it's for chess, panels or my staff duties.
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #151 on: February 10, 2010, 01:23:13 pm »
I was actually thinking of making a separate thread for "Get to know your opponent!" when the chess list comes out. So those in the game can find out a little about who they'll be up against.
It will pretty much have a form for people to fill out about their character and then they can add more if they want.
I know it will help me at least ^^;
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2010, 01:42:24 pm »
I was actually thinking of making a separate thread for "Get to know your opponent!" when the chess list comes out. So those in the game can find out a little about who they'll be up against.
It will pretty much have a form for people to fill out about their character and then they can add more if they want.

I think that's an excellent idea. Kind of a meet and greet. The better you know your opponent the more dramatic you can make the battles.
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2010, 06:58:03 pm »

that is a very good idea! i didnt know who half the people where in last chess game... so i guess its kinda good i got killed by luna and her fan of death...
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2010, 10:06:18 pm »
Agreed. I was killed by someone I didn't know who they were...Made it hard to react.

And it'd be nice if the audience would be quiet at times, so the actors could speak. I could have made my interaction better if I could say some stuff, but it was too dang loud, and even with my really loud voice...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2010, 11:38:51 am »
i agree with the loud facter... -.- the fight with kuja and the sailor scouts would have been much better on video if you could hear them...
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2010, 02:12:22 pm »
Yeah, sound has been a problem at Sakura-con's cosplay chess games too. We are working on having wireless microphones for the players as well as mic's for the chess masters to improve the sound.
We are also working on having "stage ninja's" to hold mic's, props or anything else the players need.

Evey year we learn something new and try to make the games better.

Offline Huntress

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2010, 03:22:36 pm »
I think remember her. She was a rook, right? If that's who you're thinking of, I personally thought she was
hilarious.

I actually talked to her about it; she was having real trouble figuring out moves that fit her character, Yumie. I actually really loved her fights, especially the epic one where she just owns on Squall.

That was my friend, she was Yumi Azusa from Soul Eater,  she did have some trouble figuring out how to fight, her character is usually very bossy and tells others what to do, so she went with that a lot.  I remember at some point she tried to do a joint fight with our friend Crona, using her arm to "shoot with"  (her character was a sniper weapon)  But it didn't work how they were trying to do it.

I'm not sure if we'll be making it down again this year (we're all the way from Alaska) but we did have a lot of fun and were so glad to have gotten to participate. (For those wondering I was Princess Elincia from Fire Emblem, orange dress, green hair)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 03:25:25 pm by Huntress »

Offline DragonRose215

• Oni
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2010, 08:42:03 pm »
This is the first year I am going to Kumoricon (Well...First con ever XD) What do you do in Cosplay Chess?

I'm cosplaying as Chii from Chobits :) My fiance and his best friend are going as Hidan and Kakuzu from Naruto ^^

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2010, 09:12:33 pm »
This is the first year I am going to Kumoricon (Well...First con ever XD) What do you do in Cosplay Chess?

I'm cosplaying as Chii from Chobits :) My fiance and his best friend are going as Hidan and Kakuzu from Naruto ^^

Chii is a really fun cosplay and we had one of the best in our cosplay chess game at Sakuracon last year.

To answer your question, Cosplay Chess is a game where the cosplayers are the chess pieces. There will be two chess masters who direct the moves for their sides of the board just like a real chess game.
The difference is the "battles"
When one piece is directed to battle another the two players engage in a mock battle. The outcome isn't really in doubt because the one piece is directed to take the other but what makes cosplay chess fun and interesting are these battles.

It's up to the player/pieces to make the battles fun and interesting for the audience. The more they get into character of their cosplay the more fun it is for everyone.

Enjoy your first con. You should come watch the cosplay chess game for yourself. I'm sure after watching you will want to participate too.

For those of us who have been playing for many years find it a highlight of our con.

Cheers,
Kato

Offline DragonRose215

• Oni
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2010, 09:34:23 pm »

Chii is a really fun cosplay and we had one of the best in our cosplay chess game at Sakuracon last year.

To answer your question, Cosplay Chess is a game where the cosplayers are the chess pieces. There will be two chess masters who direct the moves for their sides of the board just like a real chess game.
The difference is the "battles"
When one piece is directed to battle another the two players engage in a mock battle. The outcome isn't really in doubt because the one piece is directed to take the other but what makes cosplay chess fun and interesting are these battles.

It's up to the player/pieces to make the battles fun and interesting for the audience. The more they get into character of their cosplay the more fun it is for everyone.

Enjoy your first con. You should come watch the cosplay chess game for yourself. I'm sure after watching you will want to participate too.

For those of us who have been playing for many years find it a highlight of our con.

Cheers,
Kato
That does sound like fun :) Thanks for explaining it to me!  I can't wait for the con. :) We will definatly watch the Cosplay Chess :D

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2010, 07:07:15 pm »
I must repeat this, because it bears repeating:
YEAH~
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2010, 07:08:17 pm »
Yeah ^ up there that would be really nice

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2010, 07:49:39 pm »
Okay! Then I will make one, probably about a month or so after the sign ups have been posted. Might be easier if we just know everyone's characters, and then just sort through them when teams are announced. That way we can make sure all the characters that end up being in chess are up, and also those possible second game characters are also up!

(And you learn about new characters too!!!)
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2010, 07:55:04 pm »
Sounds great to me~
It is going to be...

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2010, 05:36:45 pm »

Oh I do remember you. I believe in the SC forum you said Aki's chess game and as I didn't go to Aki I thought you were someone else.
I do agree that knowing the players characters on the board ahead of time helps alot for better battles. When our board assignments come out for Sakuracon's games I usually look up the characters I don't know to learn something about their personality, It's how I'm able to do improv battles with just about anyone on the board.
I even study the characters for games I'm not in just in case I get thrown into the game (It's happened before to fill in a missing player)
As my friends will tell you, I like being prepared whether it's for chess, panels or my staff duties.

Did I say Aki-con? that's sounds like me. Never know where the hell I am.  Ya know, we've been in every chess game together and I couldn't recognize you at all. Maybe it was the skirt? XP

Even if I didn't know the character I thought it was funny
Me: FIGHT!
You: I'm working on it!

They sound like complete opposites. It would have been pretty great if only I'd done my research.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2010, 08:01:05 pm »
I keep meaning to enter cosplay chess and then just... not. -poor planning- XD

I'd really like to enter as Dib from Invader Zim. Fights would probably consist of flailing around and freaking out about the alien scourge.
But if I did Sealand, I could rocket-punch people. Decisions, decisions.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2010, 08:54:30 pm »
^Remember this year, 'kay?
And they both would be awesome =O
It is going to be...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2010, 09:11:18 pm »
I'll do my best.

I was talking with Goatchild, and we decided it'd be amazing if we applied as Zim and Dib to be Chessmasters. As a bonus, we're both half-decent players. XD
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2010, 10:00:22 pm »
(unlike Roy last year >>)
I LOVE YOU NIKKI!!!

Changing my cosplays around, I have no clue who to be now...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2010, 10:46:59 pm »

Did I say Aki-con? that's sounds like me. Never know where the hell I am.  Ya know, we've been in every chess game together and I couldn't recognize you at all. Maybe it was the skirt? XP

Even if I didn't know the character I thought it was funny
Me: FIGHT!
You: I'm working on it!

They sound like complete opposites. It would have been pretty great if only I'd done my research.

Hey don't feel bad. The audience laughed alot so it's a success in my play book. You attacking and me ...well ...runnning. It's what Tessa does best. She's a strategist not a fighter (alot like myself actually)

I had fun in the game with you and that's what make Kumori a win for me.

Cheers!
Capt. Tessa

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2010, 10:37:02 am »
[quote author=Kato_Shiroi link=topic=11593.msg558279#msg558279

Hey don't feel bad. The audience laughed alot so it's a success in my play book. You attacking and me ...well ...runnning. It's what Tessa does best. She's a strategist not a fighter (alot like myself actually)

Cheers!
Capt. Tessa
[/quote]

Yah, your acting was pretty good so I got that impression about the character right away.

Of coarse-it's always fun. It's what I look forward to most of all at any con.

Plus it did give me a good idea for any future games ( I soo hope there are) - shooting Kanda would just piss him off. It'd be best to just KO him with it and run away before he wakes up. ( alot like MYself >P )

Here's hoping I see you on the board again. Maybe we'll get a rematch!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 10:38:19 am by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2010, 12:07:03 pm »
my goodness! now im all excited and just wanna sign up already! xD but i must wait... ;_; sence i would be terra from ff6 this year (and have arms!) should i use "magic" or should i try my hand at making her sword too?
kumoicon 2013:

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2010, 06:22:57 pm »
Either. But if you do magic, you'd have to make sure you have something that you can "throw" (fabric...or soemthing) to show that it's magic.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2010, 08:01:26 pm »
^^ thats what i was planning on. and sence terra has so many scarfs at her waist i could keep them there until i used them ^^
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2010, 02:51:20 pm »
Quote from: Kato_Shiroi link=topic=11593.msg558279#msg558279

Cheers!
Capt. Tessa

Yah, your acting was pretty good so I got that impression about the character right away.

Of coarse-it's always fun. It's what I look forward to most of all at any con.

Plus it did give me a good idea for any future games ( I soo hope there are) - shooting Kanda would just piss him off. It'd be best to just KO him with it and run away before he wakes up. ( alot like MYself >P )

Here's hoping I see you on the board again. Maybe we'll get a rematch!

:D ThanX so much for the compliment. I do try hard to practice and be prepared. I totally enjoyed the game and hope to engage in a rematch someday too.

I don't think it will be this year but hopefully the year after.

Cheers!
Kato...Tessa...whomever...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 02:52:37 pm by Kato_Shiroi »

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2010, 03:55:11 pm »
LOL.

I THINK I SHOULD BE CHESS MASTER AGAIN . .

JKJKJK
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2010, 09:24:40 pm »
*shoot Niki*
-_____-

You should be Roy!
"Flame on!"
Oh wait. Wrong person ^^;
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2010, 10:14:12 pm »
<.< long as im not on your team (ILU!!!) xD jk jk i lvoe how you tryed to move me though pawns...
kumoicon 2013:

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2010, 10:53:20 pm »
At least she didn't kill you your first move -_____________________________________-

So, I figured for this I'll either be Gaara or Envy. Since those two are really the only one's that would have good attacks...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2010, 07:59:54 am »
I'm going to be either Itachi again, Femme-ish Roy w/ or w/o mini skirt (thinking of a miniskirt attack), or Kiki (she can't fly her broom well XP)

Hopefully I get to attack or be attacked. Not just read my book and do the whole "HEIL ROY" thing. :P
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2010, 10:41:12 am »
At least she didn't kill you your first move -_____________________________________-

>.> nope xD i got killed before i could actualy move
kumoicon 2013:

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2010, 01:59:57 pm »
^Oh well xD Stuff happens.
And I think it's more fun to fight than just move and create a little pawn party XD (last year!)
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2010, 06:20:18 pm »
I didn't move until the 2nd game, which was only to be killed by Dark Link (kkkaaaayyyeeee -_-;;)
It is going to be...

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2010, 06:40:49 pm »
Dont worry people. I wont be a chess master lmao.

I'm gonna be a peice' yo.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2010, 07:12:40 pm »
Goatchild remembered that she doesn't wanna do Zim at Kumoricon. -3-
We're funny as Austria and Prussia too, but they're kind of minor characters. I dunno~.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2010, 08:03:59 pm »
I think that that would be a BA partner piece :D
It is going to be...

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2010, 11:52:38 pm »
Thank you Niki...
We still love you!

Do Austria and Prussia!!!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2010, 10:06:43 pm »
After thinking about it, there's still a possibility that I would be Zim for Kcon if me and Malaria ended up being chess masters. Zim and Dib would be much more fun than Prussia and Austria, as much as I love them. Our Zim and Dib bickering is much more comical and less full of obscure historical references and "your wife" jokes. |D;;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2010, 11:06:13 pm »
You should totally be Zim and Dib!!! I would love you two forever!!!! (Still love you guys for doing Austria and Prussia too)

That would make an awesome chess match. And I think more people would get what's going on.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #190 on: March 02, 2010, 06:36:29 pm »
Might go out for Cosplay Chess this year. Depends on what I've got going at the time and whether or not we'll finally have things scripted.

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2010, 11:33:56 am »
Forgive me for the dumb question, but how does this cosplay chess work and what are the rules?
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplay plans:

Kantai Collection Kongou Crossplay (Maybe)

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2010, 12:27:52 pm »
I really want to try cosplay chess this year :D

Any suggestions on who I should play as? (I waz thinking miku but... -_-)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2010, 01:31:53 pm »
There is actually a thread in which people asked, and I wrote a really long explanation of it. It's in this category :O

And @ Meep:
MIKU :D
It is going to be...

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2010, 02:06:28 pm »
I really want to try cosplay chess this year :D

Any suggestions on who I should play as? (I waz thinking miku but... -_-)

Miku with Super Leek Attack!!!!

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #195 on: March 18, 2010, 04:25:57 pm »
ok ok Miku it is XD

Offline Spifferiffic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2010, 12:25:09 am »
I feel very, very tempted to try signing up as Roronoa Zoro...  I am completely willing to do full-on three sword style!  I have no shame.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2010, 12:37:20 am »
Roy , Havoc Or TED for me lol.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2010, 10:33:34 am »
If I have a team of back up vocaloids, I would be Gumi :3
It is going to be...

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2010, 11:42:45 am »
Roy , Havoc Or TED for me lol.

if your havoc i PRAY that i can battle you xD
kumoicon 2013: