Author Topic: Axis Powers Hetalia and Scandinavia and the World '10! Bring us pictures.  (Read 417076 times)

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Re: Axis Powers Hetalia '10
« Reply #1000 on: November 09, 2009, 08:13:40 pm »
Yay Berlin Wall! Or rather, uh, yay... No more Berlin Wall? Ahhhh, twenty years to the day that Prussia and West were reunited... :'DDD

Unrelated, but you know you're bored when you spend an hour using eyeliner and various eyeshadows to color on your face and make yourself look insane. :| Like I just did. And its especially ridiculous because I got all five seasons of Teen Titans and I should be watching them. But I just watched seven episodes back-to-back and I don't have the attention span for any more. ffff
... However, I now want to go as Jinx to Sakura/Kumori-con.

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1001 on: November 09, 2009, 08:51:07 pm »
I LOVE JINX. OMG. DO IT.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1002 on: November 09, 2009, 11:28:19 pm »
I love how you made that sound dirty.

Who is Jinx? 8|
...shut up I don't watch television.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1003 on: November 10, 2009, 12:01:03 am »
*just watched episode 42 of hetalia*
DEAR GOD!
;0; BELARUS SCARES THE SNOT OUT OF ME!

(;し;)
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1004 on: November 10, 2009, 04:41:16 am »
@Hashi: I'LL DO JINX. FOR YOU. AND ALSO A LITTLE FOR ME TOO SINCE I THINK SHE'S THE BEE'S KNEES. Now I just have to figure out how the heck I'm going to make her hair. :|

@Felix: ... I totally wasn't meaning to make anything dirty. Have you been hanging out with me too long or something? I think I've rubbed off on you. also, Jinx: http://ninjawithin.deviantart.com/art/Jinx-94936836

@Naruchan: Where do you watch the anime? I'm such a bad fan, I've never seen it but damn I really should probably start watching it. xD;

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1005 on: November 10, 2009, 08:23:38 am »
THAT WOULD BE EPIC DO IT.

Probably. 8|
Or maybe I just know you too well and I've come to expect it?

/is probably a worse fan than jaqua
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1006 on: November 10, 2009, 09:04:28 am »
@Jaqua- XD I just go to google!
: D Its awesome. XDDD I'm very skilled at google-fu!
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1007 on: November 10, 2009, 03:53:37 pm »
When I watch it, I go to Veoh. They usually have it.

You can also find the episodes on the comm.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1008 on: November 10, 2009, 06:40:36 pm »
Watchanimeon.com has them too. A few other archiving sites. You gotta google around.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1009 on: November 10, 2009, 07:40:21 pm »
For those of you that saw it earlier, you're free to check out the Potato Smashers comm now. It's super barebones, but the intro post is complete and that's enough for me. >>
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1010 on: November 10, 2009, 08:20:47 pm »
LJ confuses me... but I just watched all the videos instead of doing homework and they were awesome.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1011 on: November 11, 2009, 02:42:27 am »
Hashi, please let me give you respeck knuckles if I ever meet you (which I'm pretty sure I will) for being a fan of Good Omens. I adore that book with a passion and there aren't enough fans of it for my liking.

And thank you everyone who gave me anime help because my google-fu is more like google-fail. xD

@Felix: I remember when we were such nice, pure kids playing Harry Potter Makes Potions in daycare :| What happened to us man I don't even know

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1012 on: November 11, 2009, 07:34:49 am »
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1013 on: November 11, 2009, 01:00:55 pm »
@Jaqua: I will totally give you respect knuckles back.  Its sooo hard to find fans of Good Omens!  It deserves much more :/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 06:49:22 pm by Hashi »
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1014 on: November 11, 2009, 08:39:18 pm »
Hahaha, I remember that. We used to gather leaves and things outside them mash them in paper cups with a little water from the drinking fountain. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

... we could still make potions if we wanted to. 8|
if I went to Hogwarts Potions would be my best subject.

HEY WHO WANTS TO DO A MEETUP SOMETIME DURING THE WEEK OF THANKSGIVING? BECAUSE I'LL BE BACK IN PORTLAND.

we can be google-fail buddies! xD

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1015 on: November 12, 2009, 01:58:17 am »
I would be all for a meetup assuming I'm in town, which I'm sure I will be since Thanksgiving, man, who does anything exciting on Thanksgiving beyond eating until they fall into a tryptophan-induced coma. Not me, that's for sure. But I'm sure you and I will be seeing each other anyway so my opinion on the matter is moot.

If I went to Hogwarts I think I'd be best at Charms. Charms or Potions. Or DADA. Maybe Care of Magical Creatures? I don't know. I'm like Hermione though, I'd like to take Muggle Studies for kicks and giggles. I also think that Divination would be lots of fun, if just to see how much stuff I could make up in place of actually doing my homework (like how Harry and Ron just made up dreams and stuff). That would be hysterical.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1016 on: November 12, 2009, 01:02:36 pm »
...I don't eat that much on thanksgiving. It's definitely not my favourite holiday. The only good thing about it is that I get a week off, to work on my novel come back to Portland and hang out with every one.

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1017 on: November 12, 2009, 03:04:58 pm »
I wish I could go to a meetup if it happened over thanksgiving but my flight wont get in until the week after DX
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 03:05:15 pm by Hashi »
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1018 on: November 12, 2009, 03:06:37 pm »
I could go if my parents don't force me to stay home

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1019 on: November 12, 2009, 04:45:01 pm »
I'm gonna have people here for Thanksgiving. xD
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1020 on: November 12, 2009, 04:57:45 pm »
I would love to do a Thanksgiving meetup. Maybe we could go as a group to Washington Square for crazy cosplay-clad Black Friday shopping.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1021 on: November 12, 2009, 05:00:02 pm »
yes XD

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1022 on: November 12, 2009, 06:33:34 pm »
YESSS.
...which one is Washington Square? I'm sure I know where it is, just not the name.

OH OH OH WE SHOULD GO TO SCRAP. I dunno, I need to go back there and fabric shopping is the only kind I'd want to do. I don't need to buy anything pre-made for my costumes.

I got a handful of free doodads today! The costume shop was cleaning out the jewelry today and getting rid of some thay would never ever send someone onstage with (most of it really awful, gaudy crap), but some of it has potential to become something cool. Apparently they often give out free stuff near the end of the term. It's pretty exciting.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1023 on: November 12, 2009, 07:20:38 pm »
Washington Square is the really big one down in Tigard.

I dunno where Scrap is, but we can probably work something out.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1024 on: November 12, 2009, 11:42:27 pm »
...FFFFFFF
I don't know how I'd get to Tigard... only Portland is convenient for me. D8 (and do they have a good fabric store in Tigard? because that's the only type of shopping I need to do.) (I'm really good at getting around Portland... but I don't even know which way Tigard is from Portland, or how far... and I don't think the bus goes there, which means the chance of me getting there is pretty much nothing.)
Is it terribly inconvenient to meet in Portland? It seems a lot more central, and jaqua doesn't drive either. (I'm assuming jaqua would want to come.)

Scrap is off MLK, sort of near the convention center. So if we were in Tigard, that wouldn't work. But you can find some really great stuff there, for really cheap. Jaqua knows where it is better than me, I just remembered we walked there from the convention center.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1025 on: November 13, 2009, 02:31:20 am »
Bahaha I was actually at Scrap today! Speak of the devil. I got the cutest fabric too. Because fabric is a central point in everyone's life.

Washington Square would be really cool, I think I've only been once but from what I remember I liked it... PLUS they have a Sephora and I'm not kidding man Sephora is like one of my favorite stores.
However I learned that one of my BFFs is flying up from San Diego for Thanksgiving and we're having a Disney party on Saturday night, because that's what college kids do. Watch Lion King.

OMG OMG OMG FREE STUFF. GRAB ME SOME FREE STUFF. PLZ PLZ IT WILL MAKE ME HAPPY. BECAUSE YOU KNOW I LOVE ASHLAND A LOT AND I ALSO LIKE FREE THEATRE STUFF

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1026 on: November 13, 2009, 11:35:36 am »
@Jaqua & Hashi: I agree, there seriously needs to be more Good Omens fans. There needs to be more cosplayers for it too! Having only cosplayers for Crowley and Aziraphale is not okay. D'= I wish I could get a group together~ ; 3 ;
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1027 on: November 13, 2009, 12:19:32 pm »
Hanging out during the week would probably be better for me anyway, except I don't think my parents would let me go anywhere on Thursday. What days is every one off from school?

Aaahhhh the free stuff is probably all gone by now. It's theatre kids, remember, so it goes really fast, but if there's more, I'll be sure to get you some. (I heard that sometimes they give away fabrics.... It's like Christmas.)

...I looked up a map and I'm pretty sure Tigard is not possible for me. The main cities Tri-met services are Portland, Beaverton, and Gresham. Tigard appears to be somewhere beyond Beaverton... Even if a bus did go there, it would probably be one of those obscure lines that doesn't run at all on weekends and holidays and has really cruddy hours.

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1028 on: November 13, 2009, 01:00:37 pm »
You can board the 76 at the Beaverton TC to get to Washington Square. It says it'll take about 20 minutes to get from the Beaverton TC to the Washington Square TC. I've gotten there before, so it can't be that difficult. = D
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #1029 on: November 13, 2009, 01:51:23 pm »
I'd be up for hanging out Tuesday or Wednesday! Either for fabric/other shopping, or just to hang out~. : 3 Maybe I'll actually be Sitaly to this meetup... 8o
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1030 on: November 13, 2009, 02:35:48 pm »
That means I'll have...Another brother? X3
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1031 on: November 13, 2009, 02:38:11 pm »
@Auricle: I would love to cosplay Good Omens at some point haha, all of the characters in that book are amazing~

...my apologies for not having anything actually on topic for this thread DX
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1032 on: November 13, 2009, 06:37:15 pm »
It's happened to all the rest of us as well. I think we've pretty much given up on it at this point.

Tuesday and Wednesday are both great for me, as far as I know.

Um. I might have to try to get a ride with someone. But what I really need is a fabric/craft store, because none of my costume pieces need to be bought. I either already have them or I'm planning to make them.

Is Tigard more convenient for you guys?

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #1033 on: November 13, 2009, 07:38:26 pm »
@Auricle: Yes. Yes you will. : D

@Felix: Portland works best for me, but I can certainly get to Tigard if need be. >>
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1034 on: November 13, 2009, 08:50:36 pm »
The line needed to get to the big JoAnn's and Value Village (which should still have wig heads!) in Tigard is the 12, or we can take the Wes down to Tigard TC and walk a little. The train-like-an-actual-train~

There are a bunch of buses that go to Washington Square.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 08:51:06 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1035 on: November 13, 2009, 11:56:14 pm »
What would you guys say to meeting in Portland (those of us already in Portland) and then taking the bus out to Tigard as a group? We could then meet up with those for whom it is more convenient to go straight to Tigard in Washington Square. I'm unfamiliar with the area, and when it comes to directions I go by landmarks rather than street names, so there's a chance I'd get lost. It wouldn't be a problem if I had been there before and knew what to look for...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1036 on: November 14, 2009, 12:20:47 pm »
I'm fine with meeting in a group first.
The question now is do we want to go to JoAnn's and Value Village or Washington Square? Trying to do both puts us in the land of Very Complicated on bus routes I don't ever use.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1037 on: November 14, 2009, 01:12:16 pm »
What day? I have a coupon to JoAnn's for a sale that ends wednesday (21 november), so I want to go before thanksgiving. If we're doing the meetup on Friday, I wouldn't mind going to washington square just to hang out, because I will have already done my fabric shopping. I've heard Tuesday and Wednesday suggested for possible days as well as friday.
and where do we want to meet in Portland?

...last night I stayed up till after six in the morning, painting bookmarks. oh college.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1038 on: November 16, 2009, 01:35:23 am »
Lolol last night I stayed up till 6 AM because I was reading. Yay no college! (actually it kind of sucks in a weird way, there's no structure in my life right now so time is like OH HEY I'M GOING TO GO BY REAL FAST K)

@Auricle & Hashi: Oh man I would SO do some Good Omens cosplay. 8DDD Only problem with stuff like that is that in novels everyone has their own ideas about what the characters look like so they're harder to recognize... But WHO CARES RIGHT. GOOD OMENS. IT SHOULD BE DONE.

I'm fine with doing anything for a meetup, so I can't really add to the discussion (but WS would still be pretty cool :I). Though I won't be in cosplay, putting it out there now... To be honest I feel a little silly if I'm in cosplay in public and it's not for a con. Though I'll probably feel silly when I'm the only one not in cosplay xD

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1039 on: November 16, 2009, 10:53:52 am »
I'd feel a bit silly if I was alone, but with a group not so much. Well, and I'll probably do England again (since he's the only one I have) and that's not all that unusual. I wear my England coat almost every day as it is. The full costume isn't much more.

I have structure and it feels like time is going super fast for me as well. I've been here almost two months, but it feels like less, but also like I've been here forever. I think having a schedule makes time mush together and everything becomes vague and timeless. Or maybe I'm just confused about reality.

Oh, and if we go on tuesday or wednesday and do JoAnn's, I'm probably not going to use all of my coupons (I doubt I'll spend $150) so I'd be willing to share.

...ffffff I've got to pattern my nobody coat so I can buy fabric for that as well. maybe I can get a bunch of muslin at strike and do a mock-up. And ... my Hetalia costume as well. (trying to stay on-topic) I already have fabric for that one, though.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1040 on: November 16, 2009, 07:02:47 pm »
Jaqua: Dude. Why have we not been hanging out? I'm feeling the lack.

I would totally be willing to do a big ol' Good Omens group. I wanna be one of the Them. : D

Felix: It sounds like we're collectively more interested in having a meetup Tuesday-Wednesday that takes us to a fabric store, yeah? Which might not be the bestest meetup ever, since some of us will need more time than others. I remember when Yagi and I went to Joann's we were there for the better part of two hours. ._.

... och. I still need to get fabric for Sealand. And figure out if I can buy his pants or if I have to make them.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1041 on: November 16, 2009, 11:16:26 pm »
That's cool! We just need to figure out exact times... I just looked up the pps schedule and my brother's off school both tuesday and wednesday, so I should be able to hijack his bus pass. BD

Um. If you want them to match, it might be a good idea to make them. Pants aren't that hard... and you might have difficulties with that colour.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1042 on: November 16, 2009, 11:24:51 pm »
I'll message you my cell and we can impromptu figure this out sometime?

I know I should make them, but I'd have to buy the pattern. Or somehow not fail at copying it from Yagi's pants pattern.
You'd be surprised at how many awful-colored blue pants you can find at Goodwill. XD
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1043 on: November 16, 2009, 11:48:43 pm »
@Malaria: Man I don't even know. I think we should fix it though. Fosho.

Oh man, I so would want to be Anathema or War... Actually, just getting the Four Horsemen together would be awesome. And if we had the right number of people, doing full group (the Them, Four Horsemen, and Aziraphale/Crowley) would be incredibly awesome. Plus more people = more chance of being recognized. xD

I completely understand about JoAnn's, though. I can spend hours in a Michael's; add fabric and we're talking days. :| While I'm there I may as well take a look at fabric for my Hungary dress... I'll look at Scrap first to see what they have, but I'd interested in going for this meetup regardless of whether or not I need fabric. Because I really really really like craft stores. Really.

... Maybe I'll wear my Prussia jacket (which really isn't a jacket shhhhhh) with jeans and boots or something. Just so I look like I belong.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1044 on: November 17, 2009, 12:14:21 am »
I'm not sure I'll wear full England. Uh. I need a haircut. It's getting a little long for England. xD;

I've got to check Scrap first as well. And pattern my coat. Might do that tomorrow... depends on if I get my paper done (or at least reasonably started) by two. I also need to paint more bookmarks so I can make copies while in Portland, and finish colouring those profiles... D8  But patterning is important as well. If not tomorrow, I'll definitely go on Wednesday.

I could help you with patterning. I've made my own before. Don't buy patterns; they're ridiculously overpriced, and then they're not going to be the right size so you'll have to alter it anyway. 8|

...I don't even want to know the extent of awfulness you could find at secondhand stores.

Sure. We need to figure out who is coming, and what days are good for them... I should warn you though, I suck at picking up my phone.

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1045 on: November 17, 2009, 12:39:12 am »
I unfortunately have nothing to add to for the thanksgiving meetup but I have to reply to the good omens XD;
If we got a group together, I would be thrilled. Im up for War or Pollution XD;(War mainly because I adore weapons)  or Crowley but id love to see some representation of the minors~ ....like Hastur or Ligur haha
this makes me want to reread it for the..18th time..you'd think i was joking

To relate this though, Have fun at the meeting! All my sewing for Finland will be done over winter break..once i can steal Goatchilds sewing machine
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1046 on: November 17, 2009, 01:13:59 am »
Hahaha, Hastur and Ligur xD I need to reread it, I don't think I've brushed up on GO in like... A year? Gah. And while we're contemplating, we could get a Madam Tracy, Shadwell, Newt Pulsifer... And being Pepper would also be cool, I agree with Valeria xD And while we're at it, might as well throw in Beelzebub and Metatron. Can't have too much of a good thing, and all that...

@Felix: You're going to have to help me get patterning. I suck at patterning, I don't have a grasp of it at all. I am a dreadful, dreadful seamstress. :<

Also, I'm so far behind on NaNo that I may as well give up now. I think I've written something like 2000 words. Excuse me while I slam my head into my desk repeatedly.

Offline Medicninja

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1047 on: November 17, 2009, 01:16:59 am »
Hi! can i join the group >.> i cosplay Northern Italy, or do you have to many already??
Kumoricon 2011:
Day 0: Super secret cosplay
1: Germania (aph)
2:Xerxes Break (pandora hearts)
3: Germania (aph)
~undertaker (black butler) and sweden (aph) for panels only

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #1048 on: November 17, 2009, 10:17:51 am »
Hi! can i join the group >.> i cosplay Northern Italy, or do you have to many already??

We can never have to many Italies! Welcome to the craziness! : D

@everyone else: I would totally closet cosplay GO. Count me in!

I vote Tuesday for the meetup, just cuz I have class Wednesday night at 6:30. Not that I think we'd be out that long, but I have a tendency to become "accidentally" stranded at Malaria's house for long periods of time... >>; Also: coupons. You should print us some, Malaria. Cuz I don't know where to find them. : D

I'll probably wear casual Sitaly to this meetup, just for the sake of wearing him. Prussia always dominates my cosplay opportunities. I have no problem wearing cosplay in public (at least in Portland). It's sort of become a hobby of mine to see how many people assume the wigs are my real hair. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1049 on: November 17, 2009, 12:37:04 pm »
What's your nano name, jaqua? we should be buddies. (DON'T GIVE UP. Even if you don't win, you'll still get a lot of writing done... and it's not like you don't have the time to write. I'm managing and I'm a full-time student. Are you handwriting or typing?)

I'd be willing to help any one with patterns who wants it. I'm not an expert, but I'm going to go to costume shop today and ask about them, so I will know more by the time I get back to Portland than I do now.

...we'll probably need to improvise though. Because I don't own fancy costuming tools.

I still haven't read Good Omens so I feel very ignorant here. D8

Tuesday's fine... does anyone object to Tuesday?