Author Topic: The 10 CON-Mandments  (Read 5954 times)

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
The 10 CON-Mandments
« on: September 04, 2009, 04:55:18 pm »
1 ) Thou shalt observe excellent hygiene, even if thou normally does not.  
     ( this has already been violated in the registration line tonight )

2 ) Thou shalt keep it the hell down in the hotel hallways. Everyone else wants to sleep, and some are more than willing to beat thou up.
     ( this has been broken already, very noisy in line)

3 ) Thou shalt not fight over the last Kyo Purse.

4 ) Thou shalt ask before glomping
     ( again already violated )

5 ) Thou shalt not be offended when locals whistle at the Felicia outfit. Thou chose to walk down Main Street (err SW Taylor st) in it.
     ( already happened )

6 ) Thou shalt not wear GIANT costumes in the packed dealers room.

7 ) Thou shalt not discuss personal subjects at a loud volume, unless, thou wantest everyone to talk about it on the internet (or the forum).

8 ) Thou shalt keep thy YAOI paddle to thyself. Unless asked, and then thou mayest wield it freely.

9 ) Thou shalt not embarrass thyself in front of the voice actors. Especially thou shalt not present them with thy saucy art.

10 ) THOU SHALT HAVE AN AWESOME TIME

the 10 con-mandments were taken from Otaku usa July 08
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 04:55:58 pm by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: The 10 CON-Mandments
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 11:22:43 pm »
I had quite a few whistles and such when I walked to Safeway in my bunnygirl outfit.  Number five has been obeyed by me.

#1 Did my best, but that outfit gets warm wuickly, and I can sweat bad sometimes.
#2 I agree with this one and follow it fully.
#3 Not applicable to me.
#4 I only avoid asking if they have a sign on them.  The sign is them asking; that is not up for debate.  Don't want a glomp?  Don't have the sign.
#6 Not a problem from me...
#7 I agree.
#8 I fully agree with this one, even more than the first one.
#9 Sound advice...
#10 That one has been followed by me!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Lynx

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 10:55:35 am »
You have then done well brave bunny girl. You've earned this.

1 ) Honored [Showered, deodorant, brushed, and used good shower gels all 4 days [Day 0 included]]
2 ) Honored.
3 ) Honored. [Not into purses]
4 ) Honored [Silently asked for hugs due to inability to properly ask people through a mask]
5 ) Honored
6 ) Honored [Normal size for normal space]
7 ) Honored [Don't think I said anything too outlandish.]
8 ) Honored [Don't own one... yet]
9 ) Honored [Didn't go to those panels]
10 ) Honored [Dances, photographs, high fives, nice staff once you talked to them directly instead of judging after being harassed by them, etc.]
[Insert Snazzy Signature Here]

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 11:28:48 am »
 I have one to add and Im sure Ill REALLY pis someone off but, really..

# (i forgot) DO NOT take IC cosplay insults personally. If it is something your sensitive about dont cosplay as that character.
      ( really, it happens a lot really ruins my fun)

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 04:58:29 pm »
1) Obeyed, Showered daily (though by the end of the day... lets say I was looking forward to morning showers.)
2) Always.
3) I didn't fight over anything.
4) Didn't glomp (But did take lots of pictures)
5) They're asking for cat-calls.
6) I wore no costumes :( but I did wear a few 'hats' :)
7) Obeyed, and Indeed.
8) Thank you very much.
9) Obeyed.
10) I had a good time, but felt too rushed and various plans were changed so that I didn't really have an -AWESOME- time.

2 ) Thou shalt keep it the hell down in the hotel hallways. Everyone else wants to sleep, and some are more than willing to beat thou up.
5 ) Thou shalt not be offended when locals whistle at the Felicia outfit. Thou chose to walk down Main Street (err SW Taylor st) in it.
7 ) Thou shalt not discuss personal subjects at a loud volume, unless, thou wantest everyone to talk about it on the internet (or the forum).
8 ) Thou shalt keep thy YAOI paddle to thyself. Unless asked, and then thou mayest wield it freely.
9 ) Thou shalt not embarrass thyself in front of the voice actors. Especially thou shalt not present them with thy saucy art.
the 10 con-mandments were taken from Otaku usa July 08
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 05:14:22 pm »
1 ) Oh ya I did, I am the type that can feel the dirt on me if I skip a shower, and my hair get's disgusting as well, so I made sure to shower daily.

2 ) ya, I was moving so much that I barely had time to talk to peoples, but I'm normally a somewhat quiet person as it is, so no big.

3 ) didn't need to fight for something, because I made sure to not spend to much anyway.

4 ) didn't glomp anyone unless they had a sign asking for one.

5 ) lol I wish women would whistle at me, but I guess I'll have to dress sexier next year for that.

6 ) easy, didn't have giant outfit, but I did smack my friend in the face with my wooden sword, so that taught me to not carry it on my shoulders while waiting in line.

7 ) ya, like before, I'm not loud, so it doesn't matter.

8 ) good, I don't need a guy doing that, but I would never mind if a girl did that to me.

9 ) lol nice, I didn't see any, so that doesn't include me for this year.

10 ) I did have a fun time, even with some of the stuff that did happen this year.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 05:37:01 pm »
1 ) Honored

2 ) Honored

3 ) Honored

4 ) Honored

5 ) Honored

6 ) Nope! And.... too bad! My armor was part of my cosplay and a B*** to get in! No way I'm taking it off then getting back into it just to look around the Dealers Room.

7 ) Honored

8 ) PSHHT... what Yaoi paddle, they got banned!!!  >:( >:( >:(

9 ) Honored

10 ) Semi- Honored.  The first say was too much for me to handle with the hotel staff, I went to bed early.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 05:39:49 pm »
I'd have to say all of them were honored for me. My costumes were rather large, but msotly only the trains and Yuna's veil, which I held in my hands most of the time. I more just asked for hugs them glomping because I can't glomp in my cosplays. xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 06:56:16 pm »
THOU HAS GAVE SOUND ADVICE : o

I hath followed all these commandments listed above, and am honored to follow the code of the con-mandments!
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 10:29:30 pm »
1 ) I really tried but I was wearing a wool suit most of the con so it was really difficult ^_^;;; Sorry to all those I offended with my stinkiness T_T

2 ) Ya... kinda didn't honor that one... sorry T_T

3 ) Not applicable to me.

4 ) Honored completely.

5 ) I wasn't felicia nor was I offended. I was whisted at and felt a slight air of self esteem rising around me XP

6 ) Honored

7 ) Honored

8 ) Honored

9 ) Honored

10 ) Totally Honored!
Cosplay Progress:
Akimichi Chouji: 90%
Big Macintosh: 20%

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 10:32:27 pm »
1 ) I really tried but I was wearing a wool suit most of the con so it was really difficult ^_^;;; Sorry to all those I offended with my stinkiness T_T

ya, I had one cosplay this year, and I found out one of the good things about pleather is, all tho you are sweating your @ss off, the stink doesn't protrude the outfit, so you can't smell anything bad, it's just really bad for the wearer, because you feel it, and know how bad it's going to smell when you take it off... But ya, I had to take mine off every couple of hours just to let it air out and so that I can try and dry it up a little and cool off.

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 10:42:13 pm »

ya, I had one cosplay this year, and I found out one of the good things about pleather is, all tho you are sweating your @ss off, the stink doesn't protrude the outfit, so you can't smell anything bad, it's just really bad for the wearer, because you feel it, and know how bad it's going to smell when you take it off... But ya, I had to take mine off every couple of hours just to let it air out and so that I can try and dry it up a little and cool off.

Yeah the pleather is great, too bad anything underneath is ruined, since my cosplay has bloodstains I have to throw the shirt away as I cannot wash it.

Goodwill- where I will be buying all my dress shirts for Frank West from now on.

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 07:02:21 pm »
1 ) Thou stunk naught the whole con.
2 ) Thou was not in the hotel, so thou hast not had to follow this rule.
3 ) This wasn't a problem, thou dislikith fruits basket.
4 ) Thou didn't glomp at all.
5 ) Thou's outfits were modest, therefore this was not a problem
6 ) Observed.
7 ) Thou was quiet in the first place,
8 ) Thou hast naught a yaoi paddle.
9 ) Thou hast seen naught the voice actors.
10 ) THOU HAD  AN AWESOME TIME
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:02:42 pm by The_Geek »
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 07:46:59 pm »

( this has already been violated in the registration line tonight )

( this has been broken already, very noisy in line)

( again already violated )

( already happened )

!. I pride myself on cleanliness, and as far as I could tell i never stunk anything up, so no problem.
2. Agreed, even con goers need their sleep and when I was in the hallway I was as quiet as the wind.
3. I don't carry a purse so no problem.
4. I never glomped anyone but I would appreciate someone asking me before glomping.
5. I'm a male and certainly not a crossdresser so I didn't have to worry about such things.
6. Fortunatly ninja outfits aren't known for being all that big so there was nothing to worry about.
7. Oh yeah that's not only TMI (Too Much Information) you never know who might be listening who might be a identity thief or worse.
8. I've never seen a YAOI paddle before but I definitely think it should be saved for the outside area.
9. I'm a writer not an artist so I don't need to worry about that.
10. On that count tell Otaku USA amen brothas' and sistas' amen! And I did have an awesomely good time.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:49:18 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 02:29:20 am »
 "though shalt keep thier petty drama to thy-selves"
 ( no, it WONT follow if you just walk away)

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
    • Myspace profile :)
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 01:35:45 am »
1 ) Thou shalt observe excellent hygiene, even if thou normally does not. <--- Showered every possible night.

Usually kept it quiet, didn't get any complaints!

3 ) Thou shalt not fight over the last Kyo Purse. As said before once within this topic, never got into purses.

4 ) Thou shalt ask before glomping <--- Has always been honored on my part. :|

Wasn't there to witness such event.

6 ) Thou shalt not wear GIANT costumes in the packed dealers room. <--- doesn't usually wear giant costumes.

7 ) Thou shalt not discuss personal subjects at a loud volume, unless, thou wantest everyone to talk about it on the internet (or the forum). Keeps the personal ooey-gooeyness to a minimum!

8 ) Thou shalt keep thy YAOI paddle to thyself. Unless asked, and then thou mayest wield it freely. Never had a Yaoi paddle! :3

9 ) Thou shalt not embarrass thyself in front of the voice actors. Especially thou shalt not present them with thy saucy art. Ummm... will do?

10 ) THOU SHALT HAVE AN AWESOME TIME Like that's a rule that'll be broken. ;)