1 (14.3%)
3-5 years
4 (57.1%)
5-10 years
0 (0%)
Forever
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Albany Oregon Cosplayers  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Kokotankuu

• Sailor Scout
Re: Albany Oregon Cosplayers
« on: September 14, 2009, 04:01:59 pm »
I don't know how many of you live in Albany, but if people wanted to talk con or cosplay, I think I'd find it very fun. Maybe even find somewhere for a photoshoot. 

I know that I've already got heaps of ideas and would love tips or share experiences in a fun atmosphere or something.

What are some of your best experience in cosplay? Met any strange people asking you the famous "why are you dressed like that?" question.  Feel like raiding a movie in cosplay? (dude that sounds fun) ;p Best ways to make costumes? Armor? Wings?

I'd love to see if anyone does live around me, I work in Albany and am stuck here for a good portion of my week. Be fun to connect.
Cosplay '13

Princess Merida again?
Steam Punk-100%

~Mad World Creations

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:19:02 pm »
I live in Eugene which is less than an hour away; so I'm more than interested in meeting up! We just need to set up a convient day and time, and easy location for a meeting spot. A photoshoot would be amazing! :3

As for ideas... What my friends and I usually do during cosplay raids is go to WalMart. That's like our favorite place to do crazy stuff and take piccies and video of all that (I'm usually the camera holder). It's oh so amusing. XD Another thing I like to do is just wander the streets in full cosplay and receive the strangest looks from the "normies." That's always fun too. X3 Hmm... I don't really have that many clever ideas but that movie raid of yours sounds brilliant. I'm up for it all the way. >3

Offline Kokotankuu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 05:46:21 pm »
I spend my weekends in Eugene, it's where my fam and friends are. It's just so annoyingly boring here lol

I just started my cosplay life last year, officially, I've been dressing up all my life. (Pirates and stuff, and Halloween was always a big thing lol) My friends and I actually did raid a movie (Prestige) in full Pirate regalia, I think it would be epic to do in cosplay.;p  My Robin and Bisk costumes are all I have right now which saddens me, I need things either more extravagant or more colorful lol

Who have you cosplayed as?
Cosplay '13

Princess Merida again?
Steam Punk-100%

~Mad World Creations

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:10:20 pm »
Ha ha. I know what you mean. It's a great place to retire but for kids (or kids at heart), it's not a very ideal place to find action-packed fun. XD;

Sweet. I've never dressed up as a pirate before but I bet it's awefully fun seeing other people's reactions towards that appearance; especially when you're raiding a movie, completely surrounded by ordinary people. XD

Ahh, my cosplays? Well, I've done Shippuuden Shino from Naruto; Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho, as well as the school girl version of him. XD I've also done Inui from The Prince of Tennis carrying around a Death Note; Rin from Vocaloid; AND England from Axis Powers Hetalia. 8D

Offline Kokotankuu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 07:41:37 am »
I think I may have seen your England, Axis powers Hetalia was popular this year, so was vocaloids lol I almost did a Rin, though I don't think I can pull her off, she's probably my favorite. Do you make all your own costumes?  I've been leaning how to sew for the past year and doing research on how to craft armor and jewels and things. 
Cosplay '13

Princess Merida again?
Steam Punk-100%

~Mad World Creations

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 05:18:03 pm »
I dunno. If I can pull her off, I'm sure you can. I didn't think I could at first after seeing a pic of her. The first things I noticed were the shorts and belly shirt. XD You can alter those if you don't feel comfortable revealing too much of your belly or legs. That's what I did and it worked out very well for me.

For Rin, yes I did make it myself, along with plenty of help from my family. I'm just beginning to learn how to sew as well; so I'll definetely start making my own cosplays from now on. I haven't yet gotten into learning how to craft accesories but I'm sure I will real soon, after I get the gist of sewing.

Offline Kokotankuu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 11:00:40 am »
Oh it's fun, I'm learning all about how tocast resin and make armor from paper mache and craft foam. I think it would be very fun to make ears like Link's and Zeld's, I find those facinating. But I agree, getting the basics of sewing is a good thing. I have a ways to go, but I'm already starting to understand patterns more. For my Witch Hunter robin we had to make the pattern for her over dress almost from scratch. lol I find Joann's is one of my favorite places to wander around.

Yeah, that's ther part of Rin that had me skeptical. WHo knows, maybe someday. For now I'm focusing on my Alice cosplay. Next year is already shaping up to be fun and it's only a week after con lol.
Cosplay '13

Princess Merida again?
Steam Punk-100%

~Mad World Creations

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 06:00:45 pm »
That sounds very interesting. I'm getting more and more intrigued just hearing about it! <3