Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts 2010!  (Read 178562 times)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Re: Kingdom Hearts 2010!
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2009, 02:16:01 am »
That game looks awesome. Is it out in English yet?
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline ruppychan

• Cabbit
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2009, 04:24:22 am »
ugh i cant wait till s-con >3

i think imma be Orgy Roxas as well as twilight town roxas .w.

but i need to get a wig X.X;;; my hair didnt want to spike .o. and my scalp felt like it was gonna rip off everytime my namine did my hair X.X;;;

Roxas forms
Regular 100%
Valor 0%
Master 0%
Final 0%
Wisdom 0%
Halloween town 0%
alice in wonderland 0%

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2009, 02:49:30 pm »
I'm considering brining Green Requiem again, I really didnt get to wear him much and the rain destroyed the heartless symbol X.X
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2009, 02:54:33 pm »
I'm considering doing Riku as he appears in the another side video. It'd be nice to find an OrgXIII Roxas who isn't hugely taller than me and do a photoshoot... but people always do Twilight Town Roxas.
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2009, 09:43:52 pm »
Hey Sayda, you made your own Organization coats this you didn't you? What pattern did you use? I'm collecting a few to look at then choosing one.
2011:
Larxene 30% (have the wig/makinng knives) CHANCES ARE NOT HAPPENING as coat fell through AGAIN.
Yuri KOF 100% (might bring this back so I have a costume!)

Offline ruppychan

• Cabbit
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2009, 10:39:38 pm »
8D hey Felix how tall are you XD

ima do twilight and orgy Roxas and possibly halloween town roxas >w<
Roxas forms
Regular 100%
Valor 0%
Master 0%
Final 0%
Wisdom 0%
Halloween town 0%
alice in wonderland 0%

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2009, 11:13:09 pm »
Short. Which is why this is an issue. I don't know my exact height ... I think 5 foot four. I'd be a little taller in boots, but so will everyone else.

There's a Halloween Town Roxas? That sounds cool.

Offline ruppychan

• Cabbit
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2009, 11:17:15 pm »
.o. i think im 5'4 as well

ya im making it myself ^_^;; like my interperation .o.;;;

but ya I was twilight town roxas this year and will be both him and orgy roxas next year >w<;; will be Halloween town roxas once i get it all made and put together @.@;; halloween is just around the corner so that might help a little XD
Roxas forms
Regular 100%
Valor 0%
Master 0%
Final 0%
Wisdom 0%
Halloween town 0%
alice in wonderland 0%

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2009, 11:23:26 pm »
I need to figure out if there's a fabric store where I'm going to college so I can start on mine. I don't want to leave them until the last minute again. (I'd be shocked if there wasn't, because the town's the site of a huge Shakespeare festival.)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2009, 11:28:34 pm »
Neko - If you want, I can post my pattern once I make it, if I can figure out a good way to post patterns.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2009, 11:36:04 pm »
Hey Sayda, you made your own Organization coats this you didn't you? What pattern did you use? I'm collecting a few to look at then choosing one.

We bought the Matrix Pattern, then altered the shizz out of that thing. XD; But we had to for the piping, as well as for the hoods, so.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ruppychan

• Cabbit
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2009, 06:40:45 pm »
Ugh my Halloween town Roxas cosplay is coming together very slowly @.@;; makes me wish i had help.. .o.;; mom says i should pay her friend to help me x.x;;;
Roxas forms
Regular 100%
Valor 0%
Master 0%
Final 0%
Wisdom 0%
Halloween town 0%
alice in wonderland 0%

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2009, 08:11:37 pm »
I am currently in the middle of designing my pattern for the coat. Most of it is pretty straightforward, but the hood is a bit more difficult. I suppose if the hood isn't perfect no one will notice, since I doubt I'll be wearing it with the hood up.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2009, 10:51:57 pm »
i've got roxas!

Save Caprica!!

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2009, 12:10:48 am »
@Sayda, thanks. I've heard of a lot of people using that one. If I do go with altering a current pattern I'm gonna go with that one I think.

@Felix, if you can figure it out that would be great! If not that is fine. I wont be able to do much costume work for a while with all of the other stuff my mom has going on right now.
2011:
Larxene 30% (have the wig/makinng knives) CHANCES ARE NOT HAPPENING as coat fell through AGAIN.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2009, 12:40:32 am »
It seems pretty straightforward, aside from the hood, but I've made patterns before. I wouldn't know where to find a pattern if I did want to buy one.

Sayda - where did you get the metal bits for the front of the coat? Did you make them?

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2009, 01:56:24 am »
You mean the chains and the beads? I bought dog chains for the two side ones, and just regular chain for the middle piece. The beads I sculpted out of Fimo. XD
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2009, 01:58:44 am »
Has any one here made a Keyblade? I want to make Oblivion, but I'm not sure what materials to use. (In Another Side the keyblades sound metal, but that would be harder to work with...)

I looked up the matrix coat, and it seems to me that it'd be easier to create your own pattern, since the hood is the hardest part, and that pattern doesn't have a hood. Patterns can also be shockingly expensive.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 02:03:47 am by Felix »

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2009, 05:11:40 pm »
Patterns are also on sale 80% of the time. @_@; If not at one store then usually at another one. Hood patterns are pretty easy though... if you take a hood you already like, trace it and then modify it a little from there for size. That's what my mom and I did for the hood on my Kairi dress.

Sayda, do you know if Fimo work the same as Sculpy? I have a lot of sculpy that I bought for a project that ended up going down the drain this year and we found balsa wood to use for the project instead. Cause, if so I might use some sculpy.
2011:

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2009, 10:21:44 pm »
I think they work the same. Sculpey is a polymer clay that you bake in the oven. I'm not that familiar with fimo ... but Sculpey would work fine for something like organisation coat beads. (Wouldn't reccommend it for larger things, though, since it's expensive and can be heavy if you're doing something large. Also, if the thing you're making has bits sticking out, it can break easily.)

Even if cost isn't an issue, I find that patterns need to be altered anyway, since they're always too large for me. I think I've already got it pretty much figured out; I just need to tape some newspapers together and cut out the pieces.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2009, 12:10:34 pm »
The hood was actually super easy to make. Like Neko said, you just trace them. It took us around five minutes. And yes, patterns are usually too big for me, too. But I definitely prefer them at the moment, so I know I have at least something to work off of. Plus, it's totally worth it if it's too big, because that mean it's not too small. XD

Sculpy and Fimo are pretty much the same. My girlfriend used both Sculpy and Fimo to make her beads, and they look exactly the same. You just have to put them in the oven seperately. But yes, Sculpy should work.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2009, 05:52:37 pm »
Cool, thanks Sayda!

Btw, you guys can call me Aki/Akiko if you'd like. xD It was habit when I signed up to use my usual screen name even though I go by Aki/Akiko.

I'm super excited now for having a use for my Sculpy! x3 Besides wanting to make some jewelery out of heartless and nobody symbols. x3
2011:

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2009, 06:24:19 pm »
The one thing I hate about Sculpey is the oil it leaves on your hands. It can be washed off very easily with dish soap, though. Other than that it's very fun.

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2009, 07:23:44 pm »
Huh, I haven't noticed the oil. xD Then again... when ever I work with art supplies I'm sad if I finish and am not covered in it (especially paint lol).
2011:

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2009, 07:38:27 pm »
No other art supply bothers me, just Sculpey oil. When I was painting my mask for the masquerade, I got paint all over myself. I think it was there for a couple of weeks before it finally all washed off.

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2009, 07:01:36 pm »
Hmm... Do you guys think Sculpy would work for making Larxene's kunai? xD Or would it be too heavy you think? If I did this I know I'd need to go buy more... but it might be worth it...
2011:

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2009, 07:15:39 pm »
They might be a little heavy.. maybe if they were hollow it would work better? XD
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2009, 08:27:58 pm »
I wouldn't, because Sculpey breaks way too easily, and if you do them in solid sculpey, that's a lot of clay, which would get pretty expensive. If you do wind up using Sculpey, it works best to make a base out of aluminum foil and cover that. If you think there's a chance you might drop them, don't use Sculpey, because it'll probably break. I'd go with papier mache - lighter and less fragile. (And if you're on a budget, it's a lot cheaper.)

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2009, 08:35:50 pm »
Okay, thanks! It was just an idea that popped into my head and I'm glad I got good advice before wasting my time!
2011:

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2009, 08:44:06 pm »
I'm glad I could help! I know it'd really suck if you spent all that time on something only to get to the con and have it fail you.

I want to make an Oblivion, and I was thinking of making the end (the key part) out of metal. It doesn't seem too hard, but I've never made anything like this before. If any of you have made the larger Kingdom Hearts weapons (like a keyblade or Axel's chakrams) what materials did you use?

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2009, 08:46:03 pm »
My boyfriend and I were making Kairi's keyblade... out of PVC pipe, wood, and I think insulation foam. XD
2011:

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2009, 08:48:13 pm »
My girlfriend made her Keyblade out of foam core and duct tape, as well as a broom stick. But that was a much less detailed Keyblade to make. Although it would be a cheaper way to do it. Plus, it looks really awesome. x.x
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline KairiLee

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2009, 09:00:08 pm »
i made my oblivion & oathkeeper out of pine wood
& then used air dry modeling clay for the details.

i should post a picture of the two so if anyone is interested in how i made them i can type something out.
i'm pretty proud of them really c': ~.

EDIT:

theres my keyblades & the referances i used.

& heres a closer view of--
oathkeeper: http://i37.tinypic.com/35lrm1d.jpg
&
oblivion: http://i34.tinypic.com/1584a3k.jpg

i'll probably end up repainting some of oathkeeper better since that was a more rushed job since i procastinated >__>; ahah as well as touching up somethings,
but if anyone is interested in the process i went about just note me C: .
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:21:24 pm by KairiLee »

Offline Tinkeu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2009, 10:12:41 pm »
I'm going as KH2 Leon, and I'll be with a Cloud, and a Blindforlded Riku^^
K-con 05-Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX
K-con 06-Vincent Valentine, Final Fantasy VII
k-con 07/08-Papparazi!
K-con 09-Tsukasa Amou, Juvenile Orion
             Turk Vincent, Final Fantasy VII
             OroKabuto, Naruto?

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2009, 12:14:40 am »
Seems there are dozens of ways you could go with it. I was thinking wood for the base, but I liked the idea of using metal for the end because that would give it a more elegant look, rather than looking like it's made of plastic, even though that's how they look in-game. (In the Deep Dive video on final mix, they sound like swords, and I thought that'd be really cool.) There's a really cool art supply store I want to check out - they sell scrap materials for reuse in art, including metal and wood. What I find there will probably determine what materials I use. Unfortunately, I won't be able to look for a while, since I'm leaving for college.

Offline ruppychan

• Cabbit
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2009, 08:46:26 am »
my brother wants me to make my keyblades out of Fiber Glass o~o;;;
Roxas forms
Regular 100%
Valor 0%
Master 0%
Final 0%
Wisdom 0%
Halloween town 0%
alice in wonderland 0%

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2009, 10:50:48 am »
Will that be sturdy enough?

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2009, 11:08:04 am »
THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!!

Save Caprica!!

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2009, 11:27:03 am »
I'm totally chaning one of my cosplays. x3

Instead of Rave!Kairi, my boyfriend conviced me I should do "rave"/"tron"!Larxene. x3; As long as I don't mind spending a bit of money for the fibers I need for my hair bang things xD

I'm excited.
2011:

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2009, 11:43:56 am »
anybody know where i can get a good roxas wig for cheap? thats the only thing missing on my roxas cosplay.

Save Caprica!!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2009, 04:44:31 pm »
A good wig for cheap? Not likely to happen, unfortunately. =/ The cheapest I would go would be 25$. MAYBE 20$. Cosworx has some pretty nice wigs for a decent price. So does Professional Only on Ebay. Wig Land in Portland also has some nice wigs, but they're a little more pricey.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2009, 04:47:34 pm »
All of those wigs you will have to style yourself. I am not sure if you are looking for one pre-styled or not.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2009, 05:22:18 pm »
Where in Portland is Wig Land? I want to try going somewhere before going online, since I've never bought a wig before.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2009, 05:27:42 pm »
well it looks like Mew con will be the last con that I wear Larxene for a while. The bleach is damaging my hair too much :P so if I do wear it again I will have a wig :D

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2009, 05:35:24 pm »
lol, I've only been able to use my natural hair once. That was because my hair was still growing back from chopping it all of while I was in Thailand. Now I'm just too attatched to my actual hair again to want to cut it off again. Makes wearing wigs really hard when your hair is almost down to your bum. xD

I think I'm needing to get two Larxene wigs for my costumes xD I'm not sure how much of her hair will be seen in my alternate Larxene costume...
2011:

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2009, 05:39:27 pm »
Where in Portland is Wig Land? I want to try going somewhere before going online, since I've never bought a wig before.

I think it's on Broadway. Right across the street from the Safeway parking garage near the Llyod Center.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2009, 05:42:27 pm »
I've only done one and I was able to use my natural hair. It was probably a little too dark, but I was still told I was really good.

Thanks! I'll look there when I get back to Portland.

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2009, 05:49:40 pm »
Here is Wigland's Address: 1011 ne broadway

They're extremely helpful! It was the most painless shopping I've ever done and I was dreading shopping for a wig.
2011:

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2009, 05:59:51 pm »
Oh, good! I hate shopping most of the time, so that's really awesome. I won't be back in Portland for a while, but I'll definitely try there.

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2009, 06:05:47 pm »
Yeah, I was glad when I discovered them. I think I'm going back for Larxene... defintely Selphie though.
2011: