Author Topic: Thanks to All Who Participated in the Swap Meet this Year!!  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Scooter Baba

• Sailor Scout
Thanks to All Who Participated in the Swap Meet this Year!!
« on: September 08, 2009, 12:39:04 am »
Hey everyone,
This is just my personal thanks (as a participant) to everyone who came to the swap event.  The room was packed to the limit and was easily the greatest swap meet I have ever been to.  Maybe after this they will give us a larger room / multiple rooms so we can have more than just standing space only (we can always hope ::)).

Well then, thanks to all and I hope we can make the event successful next time too.  Till next time!

"This is no sales flier! I'VE WASTED PRECIOUS SHOPPING MINUTES!" ("File 10: The Outlaw Scooter Mama," Your Under Arrest)

Offline sporkoon

• Chibi
    • Long neglected deviantart site
Re: Thanks to All Who Participated in the Swap Meet this Year!!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 04:36:14 pm »
yeah this was my first time at a swap meet and it went really well ^_^ i got rid of most of my stuff and picked up some great things too! cant wait to do it again XD
()()
(**)
(___)0
If love is blind, then I have 20/20 vision

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 06:41:18 pm »
Oh yes! I have a suggestion though for next year--how about giving ten or so minutes for the swappers who have tables to peruse first without having to worry about anyone swarming them?

Offline kuri_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 07:19:16 pm »
it'd be nice to have a bigger room or the room open all con. Also closer to the dealers hall too. We'll see...

Offline Scooter Baba

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:22:43 am »
it'd be nice to have a bigger room or the room open all con. Also closer to the dealers hall too. We'll see...

I have heard there are conventions that discourage the swap meet because it takes people away from the vendors that actually paid to be there to sell stuff.  Probably why they only open up the event after the vendor hall closes.  In Washington due to the requirement to have a license to sell stuff any cash transactions were prohibited for their swap meets.
"This is no sales flier! I'VE WASTED PRECIOUS SHOPPING MINUTES!" ("File 10: The Outlaw Scooter Mama," Your Under Arrest)

Offline kuri_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 01:07:12 pm »

I have heard there are conventions that discourage the swap meet because it takes people away from the vendors that actually paid to be there to sell stuff.  Probably why they only open up the event after the vendor hall closes.  In Washington due to the requirement to have a license to sell stuff any cash transactions were prohibited for their swap meets.

huh. I didn't know that. That does make a lot of sense though. I do know that this whole swap thing stemmed fro mthe fact that a lot of people were sitting outside the vendors all two years ago hollering that they would swap things and had their stuff out in front of them. (Guilty as charged here).

I talked with two different staffers who said that the only reason they could think of that it wasn't all con long was because no one wanted to staff it. I offered to do it next year and I intend to stick to that, so we'll see what happens as time goes by.

Offline EggytheGreen

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:57:24 pm »
a con-long swap meet doesn't seem like it would work that well...  I imagine people would show up at random hours, see that no one else is there, and leave...  maybe open an hour or two each day?

Offline kuri_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 01:23:07 pm »
thats a good point. I'll keep that in mind.

a con-long swap meet doesn't seem like it would work that well...  I imagine people would show up at random hours, see that no one else is there, and leave...  maybe open an hour or two each day?

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 08:50:14 pm »
Had loads of fun trading and there was way more people
who can this year then last yr :OOO
I hope you the room is bigger though ^^;;
i probably wouldn't have gotten a seat if
my friends didn't save a spot for me :PPP