Author Topic: Now that the Schedule is out....what are you going to?  (Read 9954 times)

Offline Squall

• Sailor Scout
Re: Now that the Schedule is out....what are you going to?
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2009, 12:57:19 am »
Well I'll definitely be attending Anime Match Game (was a hit at sakuracon) and The Gong Show (first time event), as I'm co-running both of those.  I'll also be going to Fanfic Parody Improv, as I'm part of that as well.  And probably the Anime Hunters Panel.  Other than that, don't know for sure.
Brian, formerly of BakaZoku

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2009, 02:20:24 am »
Is there no fangirl/fanboy panel this year? T_____T

No, not this year.

At the offical autograph session I will be needning to stand in line for the Cosplay contest. T____T

The autograph panel is from 2:30-3:30pm.  Cosplay seating doesn't start until 4:30pm.  You have plenty of time.

Guys, please.. we've said this in other threads as well - you will not be able to line up more than 30 minutes prior to door opening.  We do not have the space at this hotel to accommodate the lines that early.  You will be dispersed if you try to line up early. 

We ticket the more popular Main Events.. get your ticket, and you will get in.  It may not be front row, but you will be in, so there is no need to line up 2 hours in advance.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2009, 08:47:51 pm »
To be honest, the schedule this year sort of disappoints me. No Speed Dating, no Fanboy/Fangirl Anonymous, deadlands on Sunday...sadness. Oh well. There's still stuff to do.

Saturday:
10:00AM-11:00AM - Opening Ceremonies (I will never skip this, if only due to how awesome the one last year was.)
2:00PM-4:00PM - Anime Hunters (My second most looked-forward to panel. I am eternally ashamed for missing them at Sakuracon.)
4:00PM-6:00PM - AMV Contest (Haven't been to this in years due to scheduling conflicts. None this time, so I'm hip.)
8:00PM-9:00PM - Anime That Scarred Me For Life (Just the first half. Love this panel. Been to it several times before. Even helped host one at MewCon. But Hetalia calls...)
9:00PM-10:00PM - Axis Powers Hetalia PJ Party (As a Hetalia fan, I feel summoned to this, if only to see what it's about.)
10:00PM-12:00AM - Hentai (This is just a given. Hentai panels are always amazing.)

Sunday:
...This is where I hit a snag, because nothing in the first half of the day looks interesting. I suppose I'll wander/shop/socialize during this time, which is fine, but it's the first time I've seen such a large block of time at a con with nothing that really compels me.

4:30PM-10:30PM - Magic 2010 Draft (MIGHT go to this...eats up a lot of prime-time for socializing, and the badly-run draft at Sakuracon (no land, WTF) still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But I do love drafting. And nothing else is going on.)
10:00PM-12:00AM - Yuri! (My #1 most-looked-forward to panel! The one last year was very well-run (hope the same person's doing it, she was terrific), and this time I've got a (female) buddy going with me.)
After that, might wander the halls...hit up the yaoi panel (straight male here, but yaoi panels are pretty damn entertaining), or drop in on some other panels. I'll be sad that I won't be able to do the Magic EDH, though, because of that weird-ass "21+" age restriction for a friggin' card game. Oh well.

Anyway, not going to be around enough on Monday to hit up events, so that's that. I WILL finally get to see Ponyo and Inglorious Bastards that day, however, so I'm happy. ^_^
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2009, 09:18:26 pm »
Hey everyone Animeman73 here. Well, the schedule I've planned involves going to see The Anime Hunters, BangBangNeko, The Guests of Honor Dinner, Going to Cynthia Martinez's Q & A, Participating in Bedtime Stories, and taking part of the big Taekwondo demonstration Master Ostin and my school are putting on. And that's all i can think of currently. So much time so little to do...er, hold it strike that reverse it  :D. I will definately on Friday make a point of trying Pizza Schimzza, this is something I promised myself I'd do  8).
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2009, 09:56:50 pm »
I'll be scouting panels most of the time, save for Press Your Luck, to which I am running, and Squall's panels.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!