Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Cosplay Emergency!  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Flatline

• Cabbit
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Cosplay Emergency!
« on: August 08, 2009, 03:02:45 am »
Ok, I'm going as Jotaro Kujo and I need some SERIOUS help! Work/family stuff/procrastinating (not gonna lie to you) have kept me from getting it done and I'm in full panic mode. I need advice for some things.

http://www.rubberslug.com/user/91c2f7a5eec34488a24ece02793e3fe7/522913-5304185-jotaro6.jpg

That's a generic pic of him, and the one thing baffling me is the chain and the belts. The hat I'm making with a Civil War kepi chopped in half and fused with a wig, but those two details are really irksome for me. The coat I'm commissioning from a friend, and all the rest is easy.

Any ideas that can help in this most crucial of times are much appreciated!
For the Emperor!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Cosplay Emergency!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 10:22:06 am »
First, kudos for Jojo cosplay. I'll be looking forward to seeing it at con.

For the chains, have you checked any Halloween stores? There's the Halloween Warehouse in Beaverton (open all year), and they should have overly sized chains on something that you could just spray paint. if not, you could always attempt to make them out of sculpty or something but I'm sure the results would be much less pretty.

For the belts, it should be simple enough to do. It looks like it's made out of fabric so you could just have your friend (or even do it yourself if you can sew a straight line) sew two pieces of fabric together with some interfacing. Paint one of the other colors of triangles and you have your belts. The buckle for the belt might be a little difficult to find but start Goodwilling/Buffalo Exhanging/Joanns/Amazon to see what you can get. If all else fails, you could use high gauge snaps to keep the belts on your pants and make a buckle out of foam, but you'd want to paper mache that sucker a million times and paint over it with resin to make sure you don't accidentally squish it when bending over.

Hope that is some helpful information though. Good luck!
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Chaotic.Fox

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 04:31:23 pm »
My Friend is also cosplaying Jotaro funny that there will be two walking around...

Offline Flatline

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 04:10:19 am »
Thanks for the advice, funnily enough I found a chain that goes in a birdcage, and I'm going to do the fabric belt thing. I appreciate the advice, and things are coming together quite well!

Also, to Chaotic.Fox, I am that very Jotaro you speak of XD
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:11:31 am by Flatline »
For the Emperor!

Offline Chaotic.Fox

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 10:29:50 am »
O.o Connor?

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 12:51:04 pm »
I hope your Jotaro turns out well. And that you've practiced your poses.