Author Topic: Hey, Hayao Miyazaki fans  (Read 8486 times)

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
Hey, Hayao Miyazaki fans
« on: July 29, 2009, 03:33:18 am »
If you haven't already heard, he's coming out with another film next month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soHf8jnmQNs
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Hey, Hayao Miyazaki fans
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 05:28:06 am »
Can't wait for this one. It looks really cute, and I love sea creatures so this is right up my ally.

I had been reading that this was getting some theatrical releases here. Hopefully it will be in a local theater, if it won't be nationwide.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 05:46:30 am »
I saw a trailer on disney for it and it looked much cuter then the trailer XD
The art design seems much different. I MIGHT see this XD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 05:47:32 am »
Yeah, it definitely looks way different than the typical Miyazaki film. There are points in the trailer where I was unsure about it, but I am overall very eager to see it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 05:50:04 am »
true, but you can't argue with the classics.
I'm surprised Disney is hosting[....dubbing...publishing whatever] it though. Has it before?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 05:50:19 am by Sugarlat »

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 07:21:41 am »
Hate to burst your bubbles, but this movie isn't really new at all. The dub is just being released. The name in Japan was actually "Ponyo on the cliff by the sea." I've got it..just need to watch it. From everything I have been told it is a really good movie.

I really like the casting...lots of big names.

And I believe Disney has a partnership with Studio Ghibli. I'm fairly certain all of their movies (or at least after a certain point, from looking around on wikipedia) by Disney directly or companies owned by Disney.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:22:15 am by Trumby »
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 07:39:49 am »
Yeah, by now I had realized Ponyo is not a very recent movie, just new to the US. Still excited over it, though, cause I haven't seen it in any way, shape or form yet.

And I agree about the Disney aspect. As far as I know, as long as I've been watching Ghibli movies, I've been seeing Disney's name tied to them. I think the first I saw was Spirited Away, but then I went back and saw older ones, which also had Disney with them. So, yeah, a curious partnership, but it kind of makes sense. It could be said that Miyazaki kind of is the Walt Disney of Japan, just not nearly as world-known. Yet. ^_^

Just wait. In thirty years, Japan will have its own Miyazaki theme park (and I bet it will be called Totoro no Tokoro (Totoro's Place). haha, I'd love it if they did that!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Namazzi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 09:12:19 am »
yay! it's finally coming out here. Now my 2 year old nephew can watch it and actually understand the language. xD;
I really love this movie. It's cute. x3

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 12:31:06 pm »
Yeah they've played spirited away and cats returned on Disney channel. It sort of irks me but I really want to see this movie. <3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 12:52:45 pm »
Ponyo was pretty adorable. I enjoyed the movie, but it's a little boring compared to other movies Miyazaki has done. Like from about 3/4ths of the way through to almost the end it was kinda blah for me.
And Ponyo was cutest when she was an ugly, awesome, fish thing.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 01:34:19 pm »
And Ponyo was cutest when she was an ugly, awesome, fish thing.

Based on what I've seen from the trailer, I agree. Then again, I like fish and weird sea thingies, so I may be biased, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 07:11:01 pm »
i wonder what the dubbedin is like bad is painful  to me these days
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 07:42:07 pm »
I've heard about it, but I've never seen the trailer!
WOOT!
It's coming out so soon!

HOORAY!
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 06:22:17 am »
In a lot of ways it looks more like his older works, not as polished and detail-filled as Kiki's Delivery Service or Spirited Away. That's something I noticed, anyway.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Arrow

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 11:14:07 am »
I am so glad this is finally coming out in America! -bounces happily- I've known about Ponyo for ages, but I've waited to see it for some reason. >>

But yes, Disney agreed to bring all of Miyazaki's films to America -- unedited aside from the dubbing. Other companies were less likely to do all of Ghibli's films, and also more likely to change things that Miyazaki did not want changed. Or something along those lines. -nods-
two thousand sixteen plans
??? | 0% | ???

choices are hard

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 09:33:18 pm »
Every time I think of fish, I think of Pixel's "Ikachan" and simultaneously think of how amazing Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari) would be as a Movie, and how horrible it could be if it wasn't done well.  I'm sure it could be amazing if done by Ghibli though. :O

Video Games based on movies tend be suck, but movies based on video games?  That's where it's at!

Ponyo looks interesting, though the trailer doesn't tell me much of anything.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 09:46:44 pm »
Uwaah, oh my gosh, Ponyo looks so cute.~ :333
I was watching a little thingy where they interviewed the voice actors for Ponyo and the little boy, and even the voice-actors are adorable~ ='D
Oh, and the story sounds so so so sweet. :3

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 10:32:17 am »
I saw some trailers for this back when it was out in Japan. It interested me than, and now I've got not excuse not to see it. I want to. :)

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 12:31:56 pm »
I don't think that counts as an excuse. That's more of just a reason. But whatever.
HOORAY!
I'm so psyched that he's coming out with a new one!
It is going to be...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 10:07:36 pm »
Uh, I think you misread that? XP

Anyway, so it's looking like I'm gonna go see this.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 10:30:55 am »
Hee hee, I did. Lo siento.
It is going to be...

Offline Chaotic.Fox

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 04:14:49 pm »
Ponyo was a very cute movie, but not one of my favorites. Miyazaki is a genius but I perfer some of his earier work like princess mononoke, and Totoro, Totoro is mainly because it was my first dose of anime ever, so its one of those movies that I'll always remember..

Offline sabata

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 02:22:07 am »
frankly, i wish that this wasn't being produced by disney in the states. it will most likely become a "disney classic" and kids will never learn about his holiness hayao miyazaki. or those who do won't like his other movies.

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 03:40:25 am »
frankly, i wish that this wasn't being produced by disney in the states. it will most likely become a "disney classic" and kids will never learn about his holiness hayao miyazaki. or those who do won't like his other movies.

That's...kind of stupid. Seriously, what other distributor in the U.S. is going to get a Japanese animated film as much exposure as Disney does? The whole reason movies like Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Kiki's Delivery Service are as well-known as they are with the general American public is because Disney has the rights, got serious voice muscle involved (as in, actors most Americans have heard of, and could therefore garner more excitement about the films themselves), and has the financial backing to actually put up a theatrical release. Limited, perhaps, but how many other anime get anywhere near the same treatment? Disney always makes it very clear who created these films in the first place. Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki's name are mentioned in every promo I've ever heard. There's really no "editing"...maybe a little localizing in the English track, to make it easier to understand for general audiences, but the sub track is always first rate, and the dubbing is some of the best there is. Who didn't like Kirsten Dunst as Kiki or Phil Hartman as Jiji, Cary Elwes as the Baron, or Christian Bale as Howl?

Kids don't really care who made their movies. If they still remember them when they get older, they'll go looking for more of the same. Some Ghibli films are more appealing to children than others. I'd show My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away to any kid, but something like Whisper of the Heart and Howl's Moving Castle would probably suit the tastes of an older child, if only because they deal with young romance to a certain extent. And I'd definitely wait to show Nausicaa and Princess Mononoke and especially Grave of the Fireflies, simply because they're more violent or confusing or deal with themes younger kids wouldn't understand. Some movies need to be grown into. You show a kid Grave of the Fireflies, of course they're not going to like it. It's not a happy movie.

Personally, I'm excited about Ponyo. I'm hoping this means good things (soon) for Earthsea and Only Yesterday, since Disney has been doing their 3-movie dvd releases. I'll be going to see it this Saturday, since there's a theater close to my house that's showing it.
I get the feeling Miyazaki's declining a bit, though. Howl wasn't as well-done or coherent as some of the 90's films...honestly, a beautiful movie and fun to watch but far more in the eye candy over plot department than any of his other work (and the book had such a great plot to work off of...I'm still wondering where most of it went, and where the heck the bird-monster came from). I'm waiting to see if Ponyo is any better. It does look cute, if nothing else.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl
Wig fanatic, props junkie, fabric snob, cosplay addict

Smile smile!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 07:53:35 am »
I get the feeling Miyazaki's declining a bit, though. Howl wasn't as well-done or coherent as some of the 90's films...

Well, hadn't Miyazaki decided he was going to retire after Spirited Away? I know it clearly didn't last, but I thought I had heard him state that he didn't plan to make any more movies after that one. Could be wrong, though.

And I completely agree with you, Kumi. I am thankful that Disney is bringing the Ghibli films to the US, because there is just no other company under the sun that could get the movies as much publicity and give Ghibli the same amount of recognition as Disney does. I've never actually seen a Ghibli advertisement or promotion done by Disney that isn't immediately acknowledged as a film by Miyazaki (or Takahata, if that's the case) and brought over from Ghibli. They have always seemed really genuine in giving credit where it's due. I don't think it will become a problem, personally. Miyazaki and Ghibli have a style just way too particular to not recognize, even if Disney somehow didn't give obvious credit.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 03:16:40 pm »
Actually, he was going to retire after Princess Mononoke, but then Yoshifumi Kondo, the lead animator at Ghibli and one of the people who was supposed to succeed him, died suddenly in 1998. He keeps saying he's going to retire, but honestly I don't think he believes anyone else will measure up to his vision of what animation should be. Miyazaki's a pretty strong-minded guy. His opinion of the children of today's Japan, and modern anime, is not flattering, and most of the snippets of interviews I've heard or read actually show him as pretty pessimistic. Japanese values have been shifting and it's got to be uncomfortable for someone of his generation. One of the few criticisms that has been directed his way is that he's out of touch with today's cultural values. Not that too many people in the media in Japan are willing to criticize Miyazaki. He's even more of an icon there than here, and being less than complimentary can get you in trouble with your editors.

Chihiro at the beginning of Spirited Away was based on the daughter of a friend of his, and was supposed to represent modern ten-year-old girls. You'll notice that she's very different from most of his earlier heroines, most of whom would be considered strong role models for young girls (and something of idealized representations of girlhood). She morphs into a more standard Ghibli heroine by the end, though.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to seeing Earthsea, when it is released, is that it wasn't directed by Hayao Miyazaki himself, and I'd like to see the Ghibli art style with a fresher director's touch. I love all the Ghibli films, but there's definitely a certain predictability to them. Grave of the Fireflies and Whisper of the Heart both had a more real, down-to-earth feel to them which was probably due to Takahata's influence (another reason I'd love to see Only Yesterday). It's not just the subject matter. Grave of the Fireflies would've felt more realistic anyway due to its subject matter. Whisper of the Heart is one of my favorites because the characters feel far less rooted in fantasy, despite Shizuku's story sequences, because their actions feel more naturalistic. Shizuku's not some fantasy heroine, she's the type of ordinary teenage girl who dreams of being the type of fantasy heroine she writes about. Less of an ideal and more of a real girl. It's refreshing, and I really wish there were more characters like her present in the Ghibli films.

I don't dislike Miyazaki. His main female characters are all unfailingly strong women, or are by the end of their film: active, confident, brave, smart, strong-willed, and caring (to varying degrees, true...San probably starts off as the most un-Miyazaki-like heroine of the group), without the sexualization that nearly all other strong female characters go through in anime. There's just a certain sameness to nearly every movie he heads up, and it'd be nice to see more variety from him.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl
Wig fanatic, props junkie, fabric snob, cosplay addict

Smile smile!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 08:17:12 am »
My main appreciation of Miyazaki's storytelling lies within the character behind all the secondary characters, and the villains.  Though there is often a predictable and stereotypical "good" character, the villains usually have realistic, even morally driven motives.  They aren't villainous in the sense that they are evil; they are just failing to account for externalities.  Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind best portrays this in my opinion.  The warfare; the motives; the presence and absence of moralities: they are all realistic and believable.  The best fiction is that which explains truths in extreme circumstances.  Certainly, the work is quite fictional, but the ideas behind it, and the personality of every single person, opens up a deeper meaning.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 06:33:47 pm »
Well, I just saw it.
It was amazing.
The people behind me in line (a few small children) didn't know what it was, and I explained the whole thing, and how big of a deal it was for the anime fans. I also explained how he came to the california comic con, and how that was so great and special to all of us. I heard them right as I left (they were there to see Harry Potter) say "3 tickets to Ponyo please"
It made my day.
It is going to be...

Offline sabata

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 02:01:10 pm »
/applause soon they will understand anime for what it was truly meant to be.....MUAHAHAHAHA
but i can't seem to find totaro anywhere. i really want to buy that on DVD or VHS. my family loves that movie and i haven't seen it since i was 10.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 02:50:24 pm »
/applause soon they will understand anime for what it was truly meant to be.....MUAHAHAHAHA
but i can't seem to find totaro anywhere. i really want to buy that on DVD or VHS. my family loves that movie and i haven't seen it since i was 10.

There's always http://www.rightstuf.com. They seem to have a pretty steady supply of generally hard-to-find anime. And I agree, it is one of my favorite Miyazaki/Ghibli movies ever.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline sabata

• Chibi
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 02:57:11 pm »
wow, they do have a lot of cool stuff. ENTER SEARCH TOTARO!!!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 03:44:47 pm »
Yup, I love that store. Though you will have better luck searching for Totoro, or My Neighbor, Totoro (and definitely not Tonari no Totoro).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline sabata

• Chibi
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 05:56:53 pm »
yeah. i was never good at remembering how to spell his name. lol.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 06:34:43 pm »

There's always http://www.rightstuf.com. They seem to have a pretty steady supply of generally hard-to-find anime. And I agree, it is one of my favorite Miyazaki/Ghibli movies ever.

My fave is Nausicaa: of the valley of the wind. I will do a Nausicaa cosplay. That is a promise.
It is going to be...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 11:27:42 pm »
I still haven't seen that one, really want to though.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline sabata

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 11:31:35 pm »
the name sound fammilier. idk why.....i think i may have seen that one. were there ninjas?

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 01:00:39 am »
It's the one with Giant Bugs, Poison Jungles, Airships (almost all of them lol), and Post-Apocalyptic backstory.

It's also AMAZING. <3

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 01:01:36 am »
Ooh, I like Post-Apocalyptic, and giant bugs. Yeah, I need to light that fire under my butt and get going on seeing that and these other films I've yet to see.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 01:14:02 am »
Love Miyazaki, and Studio Ghibli.  I have shown Ponyo at my Anime Friday a couple of times now.  I have a DVD rip with English subtitles and Dolby 5.1 surround audio.  The sub woofer loves the squid during the opening sequence.   ;D

I like how I constantly get deja-vu watching Ponyo.  Anyone else get those little flashes from other Ghibli works?  When Ponyo is changing and gets her teeth.  (Totoro moment)

When Souske is talking to The little girl at school, what is her name?  Komiko, or somthing like it.  Anyway did anyone else think she looked like a little witch we all love, just in a blue dress. (Kiki)

One of the seniors.  I think her name is Sophie, She looks just like the Witch of the Waste from Howls during the end.

When Ponyos father is trying to get her to revert, revert, and the sweat is dribbling down his face.  Howl again.

When Ponyo is riding on a stream of golden fish to the surface.  Sort of like the ending of Naussica, when she is standing on the golden tendrils of the bugs.

I am sure there are many more, but those are the obvious, to me anyway, ones.

In the original Japanese Ponyo after Lisa (Souseke's mom) uses the lantern to flash BAKA, BAKA, BAKA, BAKA, BAKA to Koichi, he tries to cheer her up, she sits up and grabs him tight.  She actually sings a verse of the Totoro theme song.

I am also waiting to see Earthsea when it finally gets dubbed by Disney in the US, after the SciFi channel rights expire.  It is OK.  I don't think the son quite has the directing style of the father though.  It was sort of disjointed.

I wonder what Studio Ghibli is going to do next.  I think it would be awesome if they did The Enchanted Forest Chronicles.  Seems like a very Miyazaki type of story to me.  He always like female lead characters with spunk!  Princess Cimorene definitely fits that model.   ;D

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 01:15:22 am by Wuntvor »
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 07:35:34 pm »
I've seen all his films (except Ponyo...) and I just adore them all!!!

I am probably gonna end up cosplaying at least one character from each movie in the years to come ^^
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2009, 09:47:09 pm »
It is still on my Someday List to cosplay Totoro, heh. I wanna be a big fluffy Nature Spirit, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2009, 02:09:45 pm »
It is still on my Someday List to cosplay Totoro, heh. I wanna be a big fluffy Nature Spirit, heh

When I complained about the difficulty of finding a balding character with a beard to cosplay, my wife suggested I go as Totoro.  I don't know.  I think I would terrify the little kids.  Instead I keep wearing wigs, and coloring my beard.  I may try going as a tanuki from Pom Poko, in human form.  I think his name is Kinchiro the VI or something like that.  The walrus mustached guy, balding on top, with black glasses, in a purple kimono with orange stripes.   I did him for a short period a few years ago, but I don't like the way he came out.  I need to work on it a bit.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2009, 06:54:23 pm »
I really wanna make a nausicaa, I'd sew a giant Om(e?) stuffed animal, and buy one of those fox squirrels. It would be my favorite cosplay ever.
I should make it randomly, and wear it to like everything.

Isn't Kiki's delivery service not his? I heard that somewhere...
It is going to be...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2009, 07:01:34 pm »
No, Kiki's Delivery Service is indeed by Miyazaki.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2009, 07:06:09 pm »
Sweet. I was sad when someone said that. I don't remember who did, but I remember that I was sad.

Hmm... I'd have to make her glider too... maybe I should spend my free-time over the school year making an om(e?) and a nausicaa glider. Why? Because I have too much free time, and I wanna.
It is going to be...

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2009, 07:08:24 pm »
I really wanna make a nausicaa, I'd sew a giant Om(e?) stuffed animal, and buy one of those fox squirrels. It would be my favorite cosplay ever.
I should make it randomly, and wear it to like everything.

Isn't Kiki's delivery service not his? I heard that somewhere...

Kiki's Delivery Service is from Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki was the Director. The only thing that I noticed about Kiki, is that they changed the opening music in the English adaptation, and in my old copy of it, you can't change from English to Japanese without restarting the movie.  I have a pretty old DVD of it though, it might be different in the newer releases.

Hayao Miyazaki isn't the one in charge of all Studio Ghibli films though.  Grave of the Fireflies, Pom Poko, Only Yesterday, and My Neighbors the Yamadas were all Directed by Isao Takahata.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 07:09:39 pm by Wuntvor »