Author Topic: MTG New Rules  (Read 4084 times)

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
MTG New Rules
« on: July 26, 2009, 12:27:50 pm »
Hey, I know at the last meeting we were all pissed at the new rules for MTG.  So I talked to some of the people at Borderlands as well as reading those tip cards when I bought a box of M10.  And the rules haven't changed that much.

Basically, the new rules state that when combat damage is assigned, its assigned immediately.  So basically if you have 3 creatures blocking, you can't kill one, then beef your own up, then kill another one before it kills you or whatever.

The other rule change is that there is no mana burn.
Hey ya'll I'll be starting school so time on these forums will me limited.  I will still respond to PM's so if you need to get a hold of me, PM me or send me a message on MySpace.

GGPO

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
Re: MTG New Rules
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 01:23:49 pm »
Basically, the new rules state that when combat damage is assigned, its assigned immediately. 
wowwwww. That could significantly simplify the combat metagame / how instants are used.

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 01:27:44 pm »
Basically, the new rules state that when combat damage is assigned, its assigned immediately. 
wowwwww. That could significantly simplify the combat metagame / how instants are used.

It does, but a lot of people were thinking that if you go

Declare Attackers
Declare Blockers
Combat Phase
Then you drop say a giant growth, people assumed you could reassign blockers.
Hey ya'll I'll be starting school so time on these forums will me limited.  I will still respond to PM's so if you need to get a hold of me, PM me or send me a message on MySpace.

GGPO

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 12:35:40 am »
It cripples my Mogg Fantatic centered Goblin Suicide deck.
I for one do not like it.

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 12:38:31 am »
Well, the new rules are the new rules, it just prevents combat dickery. 

once I get...I believe 5 cards off the internet my deck (Type 2 Legal) will be good to go

GGPO

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 11:18:02 pm »
I'm too lazy to re-learn the rules.  I'm probably just done with this game in general.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 11:53:32 pm »
Well, the new rules are the new rules, it just prevents combat dickery. 

once I get...I believe 5 cards off the internet my deck (Type 2 Legal) will be good to go

My deck was built around combat dickery.
I've already hung up the cards because of this.