Author Topic: Cosplay entry documents posted  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Cosplay entry documents posted
« on: July 02, 2009, 11:51:41 am »
 ;D See http://www.kumoricon .org/?page_id=95
This should be the location of the 2009 cosplay rules and entry form.
I hope to see YOUR entries soon. 

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Re: Cosplay entry documents posted
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 12:14:17 pm »
Thanks for the link, but you accidentally stuck a space in there >.<

http://www.kumoricon.org/?page_id=95

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 03:46:26 am »
*~**~*~IMPORTANT~*~**~*

If your cosplay skit involves the characters dancing to music, there is a separate contest for those! Your dances belong in the Cosplay Choreography Contest. More information about it will come soon.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 09:06:48 am »
*~**~*~IMPORTANT~*~**~*

If your cosplay skit involves the characters dancing to music, there is a separate contest for those! Your dances belong in the Cosplay Choreography Contest. More information about it will come soon.

WRONG!!!! If you skit involves characters dancing to music, you may enter the cosplay contest. We are not restricting this contest to skits only - we are allowing dancing acts as well. We're wanting ENTERTAINMENT and if that includes singing and dancing, that's fine.  Don't go trying to reduce the number of entries that official cosplay has. I've seen various other contests that people are making which are actually simply portions of the complete cosplay event. IF too many people bail from cosplay then we won't have a cosplay event.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 03:51:51 pm »
Okay, just to clarify, since we have a bunch of different cosplay events posting around the forums:

The Cosplay Contest is the only official cosplay event, meaning that prizes are awarded, and they are the good stuff the con gets ;)

The Cosplay Choreography Contest is an unofficial event.  Any prizes awarded will be smaller, the more "just for fun" kind (not the cool swag, sorry).

There's no reason you can't enter both.  They are two different contests, and one does not supercede the other.  They just offer slightly different things.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 04:05:07 pm »
So, for clarification, I don't have to get into my rather large and slightly cumbersome costume for the actual walk-on I'll be doing until the last few hours or so before the contest, amirite? No giant skirt needed for the dress rehearsals and tech stuff? I'm pretty sure I understand that tidbit, but I'm just making sure.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 04:44:26 pm »
Come to think of it, based off of what I actually saw at AX - yeah, I do not want to take away everybody (seriously, nearly all of the entries were dancing) so I seriously take back what I said.  :D Thanks for reminding me.

Any possibility of it becoming "official" though?  That would be so cool.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 04:47:10 pm by Cassiopeia »
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 12:41:15 pm »
So, for clarification, I don't have to get into my rather large and slightly cumbersome costume for the actual walk-on I'll be doing until the last few hours or so before the contest, amirite? No giant skirt needed for the dress rehearsals and tech stuff? I'm pretty sure I understand that tidbit, but I'm just making sure.
If you are entering skit only, then you only need to wear your costume during the actual Cosplay Event (times to be posted when official schedule goes out). You can wear regular clothes for tech rehearsal unless you want to practice getting on and off stage wearing that outfit (we don't want anyone to fall!!)

If you are entering skit & costume or Costume only, then you need to wear your costume during costume judging (we can't judge costume if you aren't wearing it) & during the short time you're modeling it on the stage for the audience.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 01:28:10 pm »
Alright, cool.

Also, just to warn you, the time listed on the site for costume judging is 4:00 to 3:30 PM. That tripped me out for a second.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 08:12:59 am »
Alright, cool.

Also, just to warn you, the time listed on the site for costume judging is 4:00 to 3:30 PM. That tripped me out for a second.

that's a typo....
Also, please note that the schedule on that page is TENTATIVE and as of last staff meeting it is WRONG  (once I know the real times, i'll have jeff fix it)

*** IMPORTANT UPDATE   ***
Because of a need for using the Main Events room on Sunday afternoon, the COSPLAY PRE-MEETING will be scheduled on SATURDAY NIGHT (it was either that or move to 8AM on Sunday, which I KNOW is a horrible time for everyone...also doing the premeeting Saturday night allows time for everything to be printed and organized neatly rather than manually fiddled in a panic during time needed for rehearsals...). If you are attending Sunday only, then be SURE to contact me ahead of time and I'll arrange something for you (in other words, you will be able to participate in Cosplay if you're attending Sunday only, but ONLY if you let me know about this situation in advance. )

AND the TECHNICAL REHEARSAL will be SUNDAY MORNING. because they're using Main Event all Sunday afternoon....
The costume judging will be (some time) Sunday afternoon since we can easily do the judging in any random room that has semi-descent lighting.

Scheduling info will be posted once it's official. Even *I* don't know where I'll be when...

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:15:53 am by Runa »

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 01:22:28 pm »
So, when everything is official, will there be a schedule up so that we can print it out? ^^ That would really help. :3

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 01:55:57 pm »
YES! Traditionally, the official schedule for all panels & events at Kumoricon is posted to the website a few weeked prior to the convention. I'm sure Jaki will announce its posting as soon as that happens.

Also, if you pre-register for Cosplay, then I'll email the official schedule to you as soon as I know what it will be.    :)
Yet another reason to apply early!