Author Topic: Artist Alley Question!  (Read 1550 times)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Artist Alley Question!
« on: June 30, 2009, 11:05:34 pm »
Hey, I was reading through the artist Alley contract and came across a HUUUUUUUGE "What the-" moment in it that I really, really need explaining.

It's in regards to Article 17 on Page 4. It states that "Each Artist is required to provide their own general liability insurance policy with a minumum policy limit of $1 million, naming both KumoriCon and Altonimbus Entertainment as additional insured parties for the dates of the Event, including setup date".

How am I supposed to get a 1 million dollar insurance?? I'm seriously confused! If anyone can please explain this to me, whether you wrote the contract or have been in the Artist Alley yourself, anything to clarify this for me would be great.

Thanks!
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: Artist Alley Question!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 02:58:17 am »
... *headtilt*
"minumum policy limit" -> minimum maximum?

Too much legal mumbo-jumbo. D: This is why I don't prefer reading the whole thing m'self.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 07:40:11 am »
That is true, and I'm not expecting Kumoricon to rip me off or anything. This is just my first AA here, and the MEWcon contract was much, much smaller.

We have to show proof, too.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 08:09:42 am »
Huh, that is an interesting bit of information. I will be sure to let the Relations Director now about this, because that should not be there.
From what I understand, you can get a 1 million dollar policy, but it is highly impracticable and expensive,unless you take out insurance for the entire year. For example, I was told to have insurance to cover for 3 days, it would cost $500, but the insurance agent insist that it you pay that much if you took insurance out for a year.

Just as reminder, despite what is read there,artists ARE NOT required to have insurance. Exhibitors are only required to.

Hope that clears up your anxiety. :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 08:18:12 am by Evaldas »

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 07:27:59 pm »
Ohmygod, you have no idea. Thank you a million times over, Evaldas. Whoohoo!