Author Topic: I have a suggestion.  (Read 1310 times)

Offline midgie90

• Oni
    • Facebook, because everyone has one.
I have a suggestion.
« on: June 26, 2009, 02:34:37 pm »
I am a new staff member to Kumoricon.
I went to the Salem meeting(I can't recall the date),
and we were told about the staff retreat and that we could come if we were accepted as staff.
At that time they didn't know when it would take place.

Well The month of the staff retreat(days before really),
a "senior" staff member said we had to put our names on a list weeks ago.
Well of course I didn't because I was never told and so I wasn't allowed to come to the retreat.

In the future I believe you should e-mail all the staff members(new or old) about things like that. Maybe start a news letter for staff or something like that.
It was somewhat an annoyance that I wasn't told about this until a few days before the trip.

-- Chelsea
It's not what I am,
it's how I've accomplished it.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
Re: I have a suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 03:10:00 pm »
I'm sorry you missed the information. However, the date of the staff retreat (and all future meetings) was noted in the January, February, March, and April meeting minutes (posted here), and the meetings and staff retreat are also listed on the calendar which is linked from the main web site (here). However, I am not sure which at which meetings the meeting schedule was read aloud in. Also, on the staff mailing list, we did send out a reminder a few days before the RSVP deadline to all registered staff. If you PM or email me your full name and email address, I can check to see whether you are on the staff mailing list, but only people who have officially registered by filling out and signing a staff form, received director's initial, and paying staff dues are subscribed to the mailing list.

However, I'll keep this in mind for more ways we can publicize the information.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor