Author Topic: Thefts at con  (Read 5025 times)

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
Thefts at con
« on: September 01, 2008, 11:26:12 pm »
ok there was alot of thefts that seemed to happen at the con this weekend mainly on the last day... though here is where cosplayers who went to k-con 08 can help out!!! if you lost your things post what they are and give a picture of it if you can or a discription and if any one knows or seen it please contact the person who lost it!!! We all know how preashes things are like that...

I know for sure cause i had somethings stolen from me along with something of my friends.. so if you've seen or might have it cause you found them laying around please Contact me about them..

Things that got stolen from me and My friend..
Tan leather backpack (looks Like Kagome's back park from inuyasha) has brown spots on it like something was spilled on it..and a logo of the camal sigerets on the front top with weird pen writing. In it it has VERY VERY Important!! things... Laptop, CellPhone, tapes, fox umbrealla, ds, pokemon game diamond, power cords, mp3 cds, film tapes, and alot more.. from the exibit hall...

Black mesenger back with glitter writing on it and girly like things, Camra, $$, food, drinks, things from the exibet hall.

So..
If you see then around please get them and contact us.. we would really like them back.... we have already talked with the police about it so we hope to get them back soon.

COSPLAYERS MUST STICK TOGETHER!!
oh and also if you have any futtage of the con and you see someone with this type of things please send us the image hek put it up on youtube be grate and send us the link... we're trying to get it back.... Also we want to help out the people who also got there things stolen or if lost..

Thank you Everyone.... and PLEASE HELP!!
* TanisNikana has retitled the name of this thread, because four months after con, it's hardly urgent anymore. Still important, though.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 02:50:35 pm by TanisNikana »
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Kaizen Shade - Blood Jew'l - 50%
Dark Mousy - Dn Angel - 50%
Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Re: 911!! URGENT!! THEFTS AT CON!!! PLEASE HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:29:35 pm »
when i was in the park today i think there was some fuss over two stolen purses but thats the most i know about theft this year....
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 07:51:16 am »
oh ok thanks though...
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Kaizen Shade - Blood Jew'l - 50%
Dark Mousy - Dn Angel - 50%
Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:32:19 pm »
I honestly think GinKyubiKitsune has the right idea.  If you have any footage, pics, info, at all it will greatly help in getting lost items returned to their owners.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:19:00 pm »
I know about one girl had all her camera equipment stolen and another girl had her bag stolen from her with tons of stuff in it. I heard about others but not much else. I wonder if the thefts were all by the same person.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 09:27:36 pm »
I may sound naive, I say this as some one who is missing stuff as well

I hope that your stuff isn't stolen, during con there was TONS of stuff turined into the info desk and when looking for my missing movie, I saw the tons of things that had been turned in during con,
all I say is give a little time for things to turn up, as the opps gets a chance to go thru everything turned in

I rember at few cons ago, at the red lion On the first day I lost my fiances glasses and by day 3 i lost hope and felt terrible, and then they turned up

as for the cases where it sounds like a thief was seen, karma will catch up with them, stealing is baaaad  con karma
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 09:39:41 pm »
There was a whole bunch of unclaimed lostables, so keep checking in with us!

Offline Mister_manji

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 12:32:29 am »
How exactly did you lose it? Did you leave it laying around or something?
K-Con attendee 2004, 2006
2007 Programming Staff
2008 Programming Staff
2009 Special Events Manager
2010 Assistant Director of Operations
2011 Assistant Director of Operations

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 07:54:27 pm »
How exactly did you lose it? Did you leave it laying around or something?

Umm.. i'm going to throw out one of my friends had a drink stolen.  And not like someone else picked it up on accident.  He turned for just a few seconds to take a picture or something, and then it was GONE! 

So I think the thieves had sadistic senses of humor. 

I'm sorry about your stuff that got stolen!  I always kept my bag on me, unless I left it with my friend who had a dealer's booth or took it off to take a picture.  D8; I'm really sorry though, I hope all of you can get your things back or work with the police to find your stuff again...
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline SirenMarina

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 05:21:34 pm »
My friend cody (white ranger) dropped his phone in the park we couldn't find it we searched everywhere...so..we think it might have been stolen..it was a pretty slim one..a razor I think
Kumo 2012:
Day1 America-APH (Day two?)
Day2 Karkat-HS (Day one?)
Day3 Barnaby Brooks-T&B

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 02:08:31 am »
haven't you gotton some of this stuff back?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline bou12345318

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 10:13:48 pm »
My friend had her ninja shoes stolen in the park on the third dat and her purse with 20$
Kumoricon 2011
TK (Digimon 2nd Season)
Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation EX)

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 03:00:09 am »
.... Well if it's this late then I doubt it'll be easy to get back. >>

Offline bou12345318

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 04:09:14 am »
.... Well if it's this late then I doubt it'll be easy to get back. >>
Yeah........>.<
Kumoricon 2011
TK (Digimon 2nd Season)
Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation EX)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
Re: Thefts at con
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 10:14:43 pm »
Along with trying to find things, I think this should turn into a 'How to prevent theift' thread. Suggestions on how to prevent your stuff to be stolen, or if something is stolen, what should you do? That kind of thing.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 12:38:45 am »
suggestion: only carry what you NEED on you.

suggestion: if you have a camera on you or cellphone or other small tech, invest in a fanny pack or other small carry pouch that can attach to your person and blend with your cosplay.

suggestion: NEVER set things down and look away.

suggestion: never set things down

hehe notice a theme?
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Grenade Girl

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 08:30:02 pm »
I agree with Kylite. I've found that traveling with cosplay partners and having them hold your stuff when you need to do something is helpful. In addition, consider adding like an "extra secret pocket" in your costume where you can hold your camera and whatnot. When I was cosplaying Sakura from Street Fighter, I kept my cellphone tucked in the strap of my sparring gloves and had my friends hold onto my wallet and keys in the tote bag we brought.

Just the thought of this happening during the con upsets me. It's really irritating!
:3 Shoop da woop!

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 08:32:27 pm »
If you carry equipment in a small bag, such as camera cases, attach luggage tags with your addy and such to it.  For larger, more expensive cameras, get an engraving tool and put some sort of information on a part of the camera that won't be broken that only you would recognize.  If you carry a PSP or DS on you, put a wrist strap on it in case you don't want to put in a carrying case of its own.  Just some ideas to help.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 05:44:50 pm »
I know there's a thread on the Anime Evolution forums. They suggest writing down the serial number of your camera, model and color of your phone, ect.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 10:16:04 pm »
I know there's a thread on the Anime Evolution forums. They suggest writing down the serial number of your camera, model and color of your phone, ect.
This is a good idea to do for pretty much everything you own no matter where you use it.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 12:21:39 am »
I noticed this a lot at every con i go to. I sit back and wonder, should I take it and turn it in? Would the person know to go and check the lost and found? I would also feel like I'm stealing stuff anyway after all most stuff that goes in lost and found and doesn't get picked up disappears quickly as well
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 10:30:10 am »
actually the stuff that does not get picked up gets stored. *chuckles* man have we got some crazy items LOL
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 01:49:26 pm »
There were actually some gutsy thieves at the con.  I had a tiara with me (it was metal, had a teardrop-shaped jewel that hung from the middle of it) that was kind of important to me, had a lot of sentimental value.  I had set it next to me in the bathroom while I was fixing my hair and make-up before the masquerade ball on Saturday night. . . Someone swiped it while I was standing there!

=\ It was only a $5 tiara, but seriously. . . It had a lot of memories attached to it. 
Check out the TEC voice over auditions being held at KumoriCon this year: http://teccomic.com/auditions/