Author Topic: Question about a possible trade room for kumori con  (Read 1427 times)

Offline kuri_chan

• Sailor Scout
Question about a possible trade room for kumori con
« on: June 17, 2009, 12:44:30 pm »
I hope this is the right place for this post. Last year there was a trade room at the con. It was held during the Auction which was not a good idea. Is there going to be another one this year? If so is there anyway there could be a small room for this during the whole con? I know this might be asking for a lot, but I know that a lot of people seemed to enjoy it last year.

It's a lot of help to the people who buy the grab bags and don't like some of the stuff they got.
It keeps people from wandering around the con to trade stuff which I know happened a few years ago. lol. I was one of those people. We eventually just sat down outside the con and offered trades as people came and went.
Finally, it allows the people who don't have a lot of money to possibly trade off old stuff for something that they haven't seen.

I'm not really sure if this'll help at all. I just know that it was very helpful last year.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
Re: Question about a possible trade room for kumori con
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 08:29:29 pm »
There is a plan for another swap meet, but like last year, it will be on the last day of con.  I will see what I can do about scheduling it so that it does not conflict with the auction, but I can't make any promises.  They are both one of the last things that happen at con :-\
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline kuri_chan

• Sailor Scout
Re: Question about a possible trade room for kumori con
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 11:06:38 pm »
sweet. even if it ends up back to beack with the auction that's cool. Just having one is still a good idea.