Author Topic: [Cosplay Group] Name To Be Determined (Cancelled)  (Read 1636 times)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
[Cosplay Group] Name To Be Determined (Cancelled)
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:04:36 pm »
[Edited May 19th]

Hey there, just wanted to quickly post here since it's past midnight and I should be sleeping haha, but unfortunately I'm going to be cancelling this group. I thought I would have enough time to manage it along with New Days Dawning on the side, but New Days is starting to look like it needs more supervision than I thought it would, so I don't think I'll have time to run this one. I apologize to the members who were interested and excited to have some fun together, but in my current position, I can't keep this one open.

Sorry again to Catch and Jason, I hope I wasn't being too much of a slave driver, lol.

-------

Hello, it's Shijimi again, back with another attempt at forming a Portland/Gresham, OR-based cosplay group, except this time, I will be attempting to create what I'd like to call a cosplay "supergroup"! Our mission is to decide on a cosplay theme (from various anime, manga and video game sources), whip up a costume and take a group photoshoot at the end of each month~ We may also make a yearly skit to perform at Kumoricon, or small video shorts when we feel like it, but those'll be planned later.

I'm new to cosplay groups, so I don't have any past experiences to draw upon while working on this one, but I know what I want and a general idea of how to achieve it, so I'll figure it out eventually, haha.

RULES
- Please try to check this thread for news once a day. This is especially important when we are voting for the following month's themes or if something needs to be cleared with all members before further action can be performed. It would also be nice to be notified in advance if you'll be gone for more than a few days so I won't worry, lol.
- Please try to have a new costume ready each month. This is just my goal right now because I haven't actually tried to have a new costume in 30-31 days, so it may be adjusted after the first couple tries. If for any reason you can't one month, let us know so we can all have that month off to rest, haha.
- Please be willing to travel to my house in Gresham, OR for meetings and photoshoots at the end of each month! Since I'm the one organizing everything at the moment, the monthly meeting place will be at my house, but I'm hoping we'll be able to rotate houses or something so there'll be some variety? I'll bring this up for discussion.

MEMBERS
- iluvshijimi
- TurboSaiyanJason
- CatchxMe

-------

First order of business, what shall our group name be? I'm terrible at thinking up names, so I'll take some time to come up with a few and post them up later, sorry!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 12:17:59 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Re: [Cosplay Group] Name To Be Determined (Membership Closed)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 02:33:17 pm »
I am probably more so horrible at names then you, so I'll leave that up to you guys. I'll, of course, vote once you think of one, but I really wouldn't think of anything worth mentioning.  Hahaha~

But yeah, I'm psyched! Whenever you guys need me, just send me a message. (although I'll be checking in a bunch) If you want to contact me otherwise, my email is: darknight2433@hotmail.com

And you can get my MSN messenger with that email, as well.  :D

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 06:09:56 pm »
Sent you an MSN request!

As for group names, here's what I could think of:

- Now or Never
- Forget-me-not
- Vanguard
- Changing Seasons
- Mistic

I know they suck lol, I'll try to come up with a few more. If you think of anything Catch, do post it up, no matter what it is, okay? :D

Edit: A few more...

- ReNEWAL
- SHAKE!3
- ver.3 (Version 3)
- ThreeTheBest!
- ZOOM UP
- GIGASOUL
- Ever green
- FOOLIST
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:02:35 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:46:57 pm »
I vote for Now-or-Never and Changing Seasons!

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 07:02:23 pm »
I vote for Now-or-Never and Changing Seasons!

Urk, those are a few that I didn't really like haha, maybe Jason will pop in with another great name (he came up with New Days Dawning).

Edit: Looking through the New Days thread, here were my other name suggestions...

- Dream Come True
- Reach Out
- Smile
- Heart of Fire
- Heartful Cry
- Idol Layers
- Holy Orders
- Quantum Layers

... omg I have no idea why but I really like Quantum Layers, lmao. It was a joke name I thought up for the other group too, haha.

Also, Jason, how often do you think you can check in to this thread? Perhaps you could possibly get MSN so you can chat with us? It's just that we've found we like talking in real-time and deciding on things right away instead of waiting for posts here. I'm afraid I'm going to suggest that you don't remain in this group if you can't adjust to the communication level we desire...

It's just that I worry easily and get really paranoid when I don't get instant feedback from every member, sorry @_@
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:33:16 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 09:48:39 pm »
Don't try to rush things. A good organized level of communication is good, but if you set your expectations too high, you will run things down. Working with others - even like-minded ones - still requires a degree of flexibility.

:D Luck!
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 09:56:47 pm »
Changing seasons sounds like the evolution of New Days Dawning. Reach Out sounds like what our purpose could be. To reach out into the public and show how fun it is to cosplay.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 10:03:01 pm »
Don't try to rush things. A good organized level of communication is good, but if you set your expectations too high, you will run things down. Working with others - even like-minded ones - still requires a degree of flexibility.

:D Luck!

Thanks for the tips Cassiopeia!

And Jason, did you read the last few parts of my last post? Do you think you'd be able to get MSN so you can chat with us? If you're one of those people who have really limited internet access, I totally understand, but I'm actually thinking of closing this group if I don't get the amount of participation I'd like.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 10:07:38 pm »
I say I agree with Leader.  :D

Personally, the more expectation the group can fulfill, the better it may become. I understand for things such as the inability to reach a computer, but that's why we have sources such as cellphones, libraries, or even the movement of mouth. Anything would be suitable.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Re: [Cosplay Group] Name To Be Determined (Cancelled)
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 01:32:41 pm »
Oops, should've made a new post for this earlier, but please check my original post at the top of the page for info as to why I'm cancelling this group. Thanks and sorry! >.<

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Re: [Cosplay Group] Name To Be Determined (Cancelled)
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 01:54:56 pm »
Awww, ok.