Author Topic: [Cosplay Group] New Days Dawning - DISBANDED  (Read 277690 times)

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl

and if the meeting is going to be in Gresham then
I might need a ride or I can ride the MAX (not imax XD)
there :D

Oh geez, don't remind me of my terrible stupidity about that Viv'! Dx;; IMAX...grrr. xDD
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

oslapedo

Two weeks later is July 4th~

Omg, if we did G.U. for our cosplay next year that'd be the coolest thing ever~! It'd motivate me to get one done >D

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl

and if the meeting is going to be in Gresham then
I might need a ride or I can ride the MAX (not imax XD)
there :D

Oh geez, don't remind me of my terrible stupidity about that Viv'! Dx;; IMAX...grrr. xDD

hahaa well it was our stupidity that lead us around in circles XD
I feel bad for the lady we asked for directions XD

@oslapedo
we should do a Hack GU cosplay ! XDD

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Ahhh, Sam you're way cool too! I wanna do a G.U. cosplay~~~

The CoaP meeting might not even happen for sure though... we're kind of hanging until Cassi shows up~

lol, I'm not cool at all haha, I'm actually really boring xD

Bah, Cake has been interfering with so many of our plans!!! GRR. I hope you guys will decide on it soon, please let me know if/when they do!

I will also write down .hack//G.U. as a theme idea for next year!

@ Ally

Yes, the 27th doesn't really work, unless you all want to play spectator to me'n Catch's Kuroshitsuji photoshoot around my house? lol. And the July 4th weekend probably won't work for me, my dad and brothers will be on a roadtrip leaving me and my mom at home. I think she wants to relax that weekend.

WORK DAY UPDATE: Meet will be in July?

@ Vivian

If you end up taking the MAX, I will walk there to meet you and we can walk back to my place~
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:15:36 pm by iluvshijimi »

oslapedo

I want CoaP to decide stuff too but I suppose our leader's been busy with real world issues which is why she hasn't been on recently.

Then July 11th~?

Haha, I'll definitely be voting for G.U. :D

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
Geez if G.U is our next group cosplay I'll almost be a senior in High School then. x-x; I feel so old. I'll try to get mine done by this Kumoricon so it'll be ready for next year, just in case that ends up being the theme.

Hmm...July 11th. That will probably work. OH! And just so you guys know I won't be around at all the last week of July so please don't plan anything for us that week. Sorry a thousand times!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:19:47 pm by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
so the meet-up will be in July correct?

@sam
and thank you C:
because my parent's would probably not
want to drive to Gresham for cosplay
related-ness (against my cosplaying D:)

@romo
hahaa I'll almost be a senior too! well be almost senior-citizens! XD

Yay ! Hack GU cosplay :DD
I vote for that !
I call to be Atoli !! X}

oslapedo

I'll be almost a senior also~! xD

Haha, I don't call anyone yet, I still need to figure out who I want to be >D (Shino, Natsume, or Alkaid probably... or Zelkova!)

I'm good with July 11th~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
I want CoaP to decide stuff too but I suppose our leader's been busy with real world issues which is why she hasn't been on recently.

Then July 11th~?

Haha, I'll definitely be voting for G.U. :D

Aww, now I feel like I have too much free time, haha though I will be going back to school next month, but I will definitely be here.

WORK DAY VOTE: July 11th @ My house in Gresham? Yes: 2/No: 0

@ Ally

NO YOU ARE NOT OLD! I will be turning 20 next Thursday, now THAT is old.

"Don't plan anything for the last week of July." Got it.

@ Vivian

Aww, my mom is against cosplaying too. Well, she doesn't mind me doing it as long as I don't go too overboard, which I might, lol.

And should we really be taking dibs now? Haha, I will write it down in case we do end up doing G.U., but I'm not making any promises that that will be the theme!

I call Haseo.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:30:54 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
I'll be almost a senior also~! xD

Haha, I don't call anyone yet, I still need to figure out who I want to be >D (Shino, Natsume, or Alkaid probably... or Zelkova!)

I'm good with July 11th~

yay ! almost seniors~! in a could yrs XD
Ooh Zelkova ! X}}
well we still need to get through digimon
so you have time XD

@sam
your birthday is next week ? :DD
oohh~! happy early birthday !
and that's not old ! XD
and same with my mom. She doesn't want
me to spend lots and lots of money
on cosplays. Only on studying XD
and yes we need to take dibs now. (XD)
I call Atoi...once again! ;D

(JULY 11TH @ YOUR HOUSE IS A GO WITH ME :D)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:34:51 pm by IcyMelon »

oslapedo

OMG LOL, what if I tried being Pi? What a scary thought! XDDD

I vote probably yes? I need to clear it with my parents but it should be okay~

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
...Dibbing already? Wowwww people. I don't even have to really, since I'm already in the process of making mine. ;;Happy about that.;; And if it's not the theme next year, I'm sure we'll still have an epic-tastic cosplay group!

Now, as far as I know July 11th is fine for me. I mean, if I do have something going on I have nooooo idea about it.

@Sam

If you say sooooo! And if it's your birthday next week...I'll need to do something for you. D: You're one of my good friends now so..!!!!

@Vivian/Sam

My mom is completely okay with my cosplaying, she even supports it sometimes when I can't pay for everything. I feel so lucky. Dx;;;
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
Alyssa your such a lucky person !
my mom thinks its funny. D:
and doesn't support me at all
(like my cosplay friends who don't cosplay.)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
@sam
your birthday is next week ? :DD
oohh~! happy early birthday !
and that's not old ! XD
and same with my mom. She doesn't want
me to spend lots and lots of money
on cosplays. Only on studying XD
and yes we need to take dibs now. (XD)
I call Atoi...once again! ;D

(JULY 11TH @ YOUR HOUSE IS A GO WITH ME :D)

Haha, thanks for the early birthday wish as well as the dibs~

WORK DAY VOTE: July 11th @ My house in Gresham? Yes: 4/No: 0

@ Sahara

At least this date is far enough in the future that maybe everyone will be able to come!

@ Ally

lol, you don't have to really, I don't expect much on my birthday 'cuz everyone forgets I just like relaxing at home, haha~

Your mom seems really nice! Even though I didn't get to talk to her really at the mall. She must be cool if she let you come to the zoo meet and stay for nearly six hours~

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
@ Ally

lol, you don't have to really, I don't expect much on my birthday 'cuz everyone forgets I just like relaxing at home, haha~

Your mom seems really nice! Even though I didn't get to talk to her really at the mall. She must be cool if she let you come to the zoo meet and stay for nearly six hours~[/font]

I won't forgettt!!! Just you watch.~

And my mom is really nice, when I do what she wants me to do that is. I thought it was really generous of her to let me go to the zoo for that long too, but I guess she's just happy that I'm finally being social. This is the most I've hung out with people in a very long time. She thinks you're cool so she lets me go to meetings when you're there. xD
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:49:41 pm by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

oslapedo

I decided I want dibs on either Natsume or Shino~ We need a Tabby and an Aina too <3

Ahem, anyways... this year's cosplay... By July 11th we should be pretty far along with our Digimon cosplay. So we'll be bringing/wearing it to Sam's house?

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
And my mom is really nice, when I do what she wants me to that is. I thought it was really generous of her to let me go to the zoo for that long too, but I guess she's just happy that I'm finally being social. This is the most I've hung out with people in a very long time. She thinks you're cool so she lets me go to meetings when you're there. xD

YES. Getting in with the parents is a good thing, haha!

@ Sahara

Dibs noted, lol. Cosplay materials may be brought to my house (note, if you're hoping to use a sewing machine, the only one at my house is for mending and thus only sews with lockstitching, not suitable for putting something together), but I don't think I'll be starting on mine until August. I do monthly cosplay stuffs with Catch, and our Digimon month is August. I will be more than happy to help you guys out though!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:49:14 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
Fun fun :D
I probably will not have TK's
outfit by July because I start
one month away from the con XD
But I'll probably have his wig and maybe
hat.. if I make it XD

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Fun fun :D
I probably will not have TK's
outfit by July because I start
one month away from the con XD
But I'll probably have his wig and maybe
hat.. if I make it XD

Haha, no worries! We have lots of other group stuff we can do at the meet, and if we finish all of those with time to spare, we could watch anime or have a fighting game tournament or something :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 12:00:47 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
I may or may not have my Matt cosplay partly done. Since his overall outfit isn't that complex I could probably gather it by then but I'm not sure. And I'm definately going to bring my wig there to get some help with it.

@Vivian

If you need any help with your cosplay let me know. Maybe we can work on ours together after school sometime; on a Friday or something so that our parents don't BLAH on us. xD

@Sam

Oooohhh! That'd be fun. I'm not very good at fighting games but I love playing them anyway! There's lots to do with a group as big as ours. Even if we're not in our cosplays.~
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
@alyssa
okay that's fine with me :DDD

@sam
that would be fun ! (I'm going to kill everyone muhahahaa~!)XD
well I hope you have a good-night sleep :DD

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
I may or may not have my Matt cosplay partly done. Since his overall outfit isn't that complex I could probably gather it by then but I'm not sure. And I'm definately going to bring my wig there to get some help with it.

If you plan on getting wig help, you may need to get your hands on a styrofoam wig stand to set it on while styling. I lost my last one, so alas, I can't help you in that department, but I know you can pick one up at Sally Beauty Supply stores for a couple bucks. It'll also help you take it home after being styled.

Annnd, since it's midnight I am hitting the hay! Good night everyone and hopefully we didn't make it TOO hard for the other members to catch up with what we did x_x

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
That's a good idea. I've been meaning to get one anyway. I have two wigs and no wig stands. Meep!!! Besides, when I get both my Matt AND Silabus wigs they're going to need support so I'll have to jet out to find some ASAP!! Thanks for helping me remember, I'm pretty slow with things like that sometimes.

Goodnight Sam! I'm going to get myself to bed too pretty soon, I've had two EXTREMELY active days and my feet are killing me. Hope everyone has a good night's sleep and I'll check back tomorrow!

Edit:Oh! And Sam when you get back since you're the Tai I found a really big Agumon plushie on eBay that might work for you. Just thought you should know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGIMON-AGUMON-20-INCH-TALL-LARGE-PLUSH-KIDS_W0QQitemZ220418098684QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item3351f145fc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 12:20:34 am by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
That's a good idea. I've been meaning to get one anyway. I have two wigs and no wig stands. Meep!!! Besides, when I get both my Matt AND Silabus wigs they're going to need support so I'll have to jet out to find some ASAP!! Thanks for helping me remember, I'm pretty slow with things like that sometimes.

Goodnight Sam! I'm going to get myself to bed too pretty soon, I've had two EXTREMELY active days and my feet are killing me. Hope everyone has a good night's sleep and I'll check back tomorrow!

Edit:Oh! And Sam when you get back since you're the Tai I found a really big Agumon plushie on eBay that might work for you. Just thought you should know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGIMON-AGUMON-20-INCH-TALL-LARGE-PLUSH-KIDS_W0QQitemZ220418098684QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item3351f145fc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50

Sure no problem! That's what I'm here for~

AND OMG I WANT THAT, LOL.

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl

Sure no problem! That's what I'm here for~

AND OMG I WANT THAT, LOL.

I figured you might. xD Blah, finding a good Gabumon for my cosplay is turning out to be way more trouble than I had hoped!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:56:50 am by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
I leave for a night and lol3pages? ='D

@Sam
I'm good with anything, as long as it's on a weekend. ^_^
Btw, I've made some digivices for my other digimon group but as you know, our group got canceled :'D Do you guys want them?

@Dana-chan
you should give her a hug, she hugged me the 1st time and it wasn't as horrible as
I though it would be! JK! ! ! !  XDDDD it just surprised me X}

I've met you before? *headwall* OR IS MY MEMORY BEING MEAN TO ME?

WORK DAY UPDATE: July 11th @ My house in Gresham? Yes: 5/No: 0

AND YOU MADE DIGIVICES ALREADY?! Um, may I ask how you made them and how many you have? That would really help us out if you don't have a use for them!

About the hug, I think she meant you should give me a hug haha, because I asked you earlier if I could when we meet :3

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
=D
I'm danayoki, but please feel free to call me Dana, or as Jill prefers, munchkin.

@Iluvshijimi
*raises hand* o.o If I do end up having to be Sora, I'll try to help out with finding someone else to record the specific skit/dance.
HOSHIZ HAY DANA

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
YAY DANA JOINED  :D

Sorry for my seemingly-forever absence! I'll make sure to kick it up a notch now. I read every page I missed, and Vampy, GREAT designs! <3 And since I have never played .Hack, whoever has the game, could we have some meetup where we could all switch turns playing it for an awesome sleepover-game-playing-thingy? Just a thought.  :D

I'm all down for the meetup at your house, Leader!

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
@Sam

I have 2 already made, Matt's and Kari's, but I'm making more. P:
I'm not making them in the regular grey versions, but the ones in color, when the digidestined turns their digimon into those OMFGPOWERFUL ones. :'D That didn't make sense.

OMGNICE! Do you need help making some? If I knew what you used to make them, I could probably make a couple myself as well~

@ Megan

Don't worry, did you have a good time at Seaside? :3 I can't believe you read every single page haha, you are a true HERO!

I don't have G.U. anymore because I lent it to someone and they moved away with it ack, but if someone who does have it brings it to the meet in July, we can all sample the glory that is .hack, haha~

WORK DAY DECIDED! Saturday, July 11th @ Sam's house in Gresham

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
@Leader~
Seaside was great; I played Yahtzee with my merciless 89 year old great aunt. She doesn't care if you're 15 or 45, hahaha.  :D

And sounds like a plan! I'm excited to play the awesomeness that everyone seems to love.

oslapedo

AHAHAHA, I BEAT ALL THREE GAMES AND STILL OWN THEM. I can bring my memory card too since I have every character of Haseo's party unlocked, lol, I'm such a .hack nerd :D

DANA GO YOU -throws confetti-

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
TWINNAH I NEED TO PLAT THIS GAME.

And goooo Dana and yo Digivices~

oslapedo

I'll bring 'em to our meet! Does our fearless leader have a PS2?

oslapedo

DIGIMON MOSH, UNCE, UNCE

What do you guys think of this for a Mimi wig? http://cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16290&cat=2451&page=1

As I said in the wig help thread I could always cut the long pieces in the back and turn them into an extension for a ponytail...

oslapedo

Well, it's only a base wig and all that'll be visible are the two strands in front and I was going to style those anyways. They're not exactly curly but they're kind of bent at the bottom. I kind of like this wig~

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Anyone have any ideas for what wig I should use for Joe?

I was thinking of http://www.amphigory.com/warrior-front.jpg but they don't have it in the color AND it's pointed the wrong way.  :-\

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
@Leader~
Seaside was great; I played Yahtzee with my merciless 89 year old great aunt. She doesn't care if you're 15 or 45, hahaha.  :D

And sounds like a plan! I'm excited to play the awesomeness that everyone seems to love.

I LOVE YAHTZEE!

For Joe's hair, I think you could use a wig for KAITO from VOCALOID.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vocaloid-2-KAITO-purple-blue-short-Wig-Cosplay-Flip-out_W0QQitemZ250431547533QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4ee2288d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205

@ Dana-chan

Yes, I saw the picture! Looks great!

@ Sahara

I DO have a PS2 *loves it to bits* I also have a Wii and Xbox 360 and a big-screen HDTV, so we should have some fun, hehe~

That wig looks pretty good! I do think it should be a bit curlier on the bottom as well, but that can be styled in later.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:29:13 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Sweet, thanks.  :D

oslapedo

Do you guys also think that I should just turn the long parts (excluding the two pieces at front) into a ponytail extension? In any case, I think I'm getting that wig in Golden Brown~

I love that Kaito wig, it looks great~!

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
@Catch

I agree with Sam. The wig she sent looks like it could be styled correctly into a really neat Joe wig! I feel your pain though. I hang out with someone who was going to try and cosplay Joe as well and the wig was a giant pain. ;;CoughSheStillHasn'tFoundOneCough.;;

@Sahara

I like the way that wig looks as far as a base. I think that could work, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I'm stupid when it comes to wigs, but like the others said with some minor alterations it could become a really good Mimi wig!~

@All

I can't wait for that work day.~ It sounds like we'll get a lot done and then afterwards we'll get to play epictastic videogames! Huzzah for nerd-dom!
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

oslapedo

I'm sorry, I don't really know how to say it so it's sounding really confusing :D I might get to order my wig today so when I get it I'll just take pics to show what I mean~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Do you guys also think that I should just turn the long parts (excluding the two pieces at front) into a ponytail extension? In any case, I think I'm getting that wig in Golden Brown~

You could if you'd like~ I haven't had to cosplay characters that needed extensions before, so I wouldn't know, but if you think you might in the future, then definitely do that!

@ Ally

Yeah, I think that wig would be our best bet for Joe's hair, although it's a bit too long and the price is... Well let's just say I wish it could be a tad cheaper, haha. The length is easily fixable, but not the price. I'll also take a look at Zephyr and other Japanese wig suppliers to see if I can find one for cheaper and possibly shorter.

oslapedo

I don't know if I should get it in Golden Brown or Light Golden Brown... oh the choices!

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Zephyr has a short wig available in deep blue or black pool (another dark blue), but the style is kinda layered, so I'm not sure, maybe the KAITO one is better.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/zephyr1/700046/700746/

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
I don't know if I should get it in Golden Brown or Light Golden Brown... oh the choices!

I just looked at the colors and I thought Golden Brown looked pretty good. I just thought, ironically, the "Light Golden Brown" looked darker. I don't know why. Either way like I said, I think Golden Brown looks closer to home with the coloring.

Zephyr has a short wig available in deep blue or black pool (another dark blue), but the style is kinda layered, so I'm not sure, maybe the KAITO one is better.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/zephyr1/700046/700746/

I think that the KAITO wig was a little bit better. In quality and in overall appearance it was just nicer. That's only my opinion though.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:43:02 am by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

oslapedo

Okay! If my dad's fine with it then I'll be ordering my wig today, hooray~!

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
Okay! If my dad's fine with it then I'll be ordering my wig today, hooray~!

Hooray for Sahara!!! You're doing so well with getting your cosplay going. xD I'm so far behind on mine.
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

oslapedo

Haha, the actual cosplay (the dress and shawl) will be pretty difficult for me though since I don't know how to sew :D

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
Yeah, those do look pretty tricky. I'll do whatever I can to help you out, but I don't know how to sew either. So it'll be pure pre-made clothes links I'll be giving. xD
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:47:04 am by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
wow ! gone for one night and boom ~!
3 pages passing buy ! XD
well anyways

@Sahara I think that wig is good :D

@dana-chan
I love the digivices !

and I have a question about Tk's hair.
is it blonde with brown or just blonde? X}

(nobody knows how to sew XD I can sew but I don't like to because it takes time XP
but I can use a sewing machine :D)