Author Topic: [Cosplay Group] New Days Dawning - DISBANDED  (Read 273954 times)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Re: [COSPLAY GROUP] New Days Dawning (Members Needed!)
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2009, 12:55:30 pm »
as a suggestion, maybe set the deadline til the next con or when everyone is finished?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2009, 01:03:00 pm »
as a suggestion, maybe set the deadline til the next con or when everyone is finished?

The deadline for deciding which series our costumes will revolve around is next Friday. Of course the overall deadline for all costumes is this year's con, but we need to choose a series first~

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2009, 01:15:03 pm »
I've been watching this for a while, and I think...I want to join.  :D

I've quit cosplay, but if I was in a group, then I'd say...hey! If I have fun with it, I'll come back.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2009, 01:22:32 pm »
Yay, thank you CatchxMe! (Is there a nickname or something I could use instead? Haha, "Catch-chan"?) I'm glad you decided to join and if you have a good time cosplaying with us, that's great too~

I haven't had a chance to edit this in my original post yet, but I was going to ask that new people who are interested need to fill out the little profile form the other members filled out awhile ago. I think it looked like this:

K-Con Username:
Cosplayer Name:
Transportation:

Can't wait to work with you and if you have any suggestions for the series the group will go to K-Con '09 as, don't hesitate to post them up!

Edit: I'm also not sure when I should cap the group membership, haha. We have what, six or seven people so far? I heard that large groups are kind of hard to handle, but we'd need enough members to cover the major characters in whatever series we do...

I actually would've preferred a group of five, but since I didn't cap it before then, I'll cap it now. I'd like to hear from all the current members within 24 hours though to confirm they still want to be in the group, does that sound fair?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 01:26:36 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2009, 01:25:49 pm »
Sweet, and you can call me Catch! I'll be on nearly every day and participate in this group like no tomorrow! You need me, I'll be right there. ;D

K-Con Username: CatchxMe
Cosplayer Name: Catch
Transportation: Parents, but I can go pretty much anywhere without problem! <3

And it seems that this group is now a once-a-year thing? Aw, sad. A month by month group would be uber fun. <3 Oh well, maybe when financial problems are solved, someday~? And it'll be a blast nonetheless!

And I definitely want in this group, YES!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 01:30:56 pm by CatchxMe »

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2009, 01:30:46 pm »
And it seems that this group is now a once-a-year thing? Aw, sad. A month by month group would be uber fun. <3 Oh well, maybe when financial problems are solved, someday~? And it'll be a blast nonetheless!

Yeah, I really hoped I could get a super productive group of people to do the monthly thing, but it doesn't look like I was able to, so this group is going to focus on Kumoricon only. If I had at least three people who would be financially sound enough to do the month by month thing, I would definitely start a new group with them. Don't know yet if I would continue running this one or pass the baton along... Guess I'll find out when it happens!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2009, 01:37:04 pm »

Yeah, I really hoped I could get a super productive group of people to do the monthly thing, but it doesn't look like I was able to, so this group is going to focus on Kumoricon only. If I had at least three people who would be financially sound enough to do the month by month thing, I would definitely start a new group with them. Don't know yet if I would continue running this one or pass the baton along... Guess I'll find out when it happens!
Well, I'd be one of those three, if you ever reconsider.  ;)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2009, 01:42:30 pm »
Well, I'd be one of those three, if you ever reconsider.  ;)

Ooh, do you really mean that? Of course I'm still interested in the idea of starting it, but from my experience with New Days so far I wasn't sure when I'd find people like that. I'm considering opening up a new topic about it in hopes of finding one more person...

And woops, I forgot the picture portions of the membership form. They're just your in-cosplay and out of cosplay pictures, think you'd be able to provide some? (In the thread or PM whichever works for you~)

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Re: [COSPLAY GROUP] New Days Dawning (Membership Closed)
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2009, 01:45:16 pm »
 I'm fully serious. I wouldn't get back into cosplay for nothing. Month by month sounds fine, and going to meetups together would be great, too!

And yep, I'd certainly be able to get some pictures. I'll post them soon. 8D

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2009, 01:54:38 pm »
Ah, I just started cosplaying, so I wanted to start a group so I'd be able to do cosplay stuff more often~ You're only 15 years old and already quit cosplaying?! How long were you cosplaying before you quit? Haha.

Also, aren't you going to the zoo meet next week? I haven't checked in awhile so I forgot if you are or aren't. If you are, I have to give you a great big hug!

As for this group, since the costumes only need to be made once a year for Kumoricon, I can probably keep running this one on the side, if none of the current members feel like taking over the pilot's seat. I would still be able to have a costume for New Days at Kumoricon of course. If possible, I'd like to hear what each of the current members have to say about this please~
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 01:56:26 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2009, 02:01:06 pm »
About a year and a half, and yep, I'm going to the zoo meet! Not in cosplay, though. I'm going for a friend.

And thanks, I'll return that hug!  :D

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2009, 02:18:02 pm »

Kakashi, left.  :D

I like this picture more. 8D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:33:31 pm by CatchxMe »

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2009, 02:44:24 pm »
Hehe, don't worry about it, bigger images are easier to see anyway, haha!

Here are our suggestions so far:

- Ookiku Furikabutte
- Street Fighter
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00
- Air Gear

I didn't put Fruits Basket in the list because I think there's already one being planned, is that right Natalie?

I haven't seen or read Air Gear, but I heard it's good and I don't think there's a group for it yet. Let's keep taking suggestions, but when do you think the deadline should be? We have three months until the con, but I'd like to give us time to choose characters and finish our costumes on time.

Hell yes there is a Fruits Basket going to be there X3
And also, I agree with Oofuri, since I ADORE that series DX but that's just me probably [hitshead]
And if you still want me in the group I am confirming my place, but if you do not I understand.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:44:53 pm by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2009, 06:07:47 pm »
I'd be more than happy to stay in the Cosplay group. CONFIRMED. :3
If you don't... then I understand as well. (: -sniff- ;~;
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2009, 06:55:24 pm »
A costume by Kumoricon is no problem for me. THAT I can do for sure. :3

Andand, I'm good with Ookiku Gurikabutte. I need to watch it, but I love sports animes. : D
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2009, 08:13:34 pm »
I vote for the...baseball...one!  :D

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2009, 08:21:54 pm »
I vote for... Air Gear? ;~;
-alone in this- xD
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline PapouZ

• Oni
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2009, 08:27:12 pm »
Hi...Well can I join?
(This is Hikaru-sama from cosplay)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2009, 08:30:18 pm »
Hell yes there is a Fruits Basket going to be there X3
And also, I agree with Oofuri, since I ADORE that series DX but that's just me probably [hitshead]
And if you still want me in the group I am confirming my place, but if you do not I understand.

I know you can participate if we make the con the deadline, so of course you're confirmed! Gwar-chan and Elie-chan are confirmed as well~

Are we already starting final voting for group theme? Gwar-chan suggested next Friday, but if over half of the group is voting for Oofuri... Would you be disappointed if don't do Air Gear this year Gwar-chan?

@ Hikaru-chan

Hey! I'm glad you could make it~ I'm sorry but, I already closed membership this afternoon >.< There are already six or seven people and I was really only looking for five...

Here's an idea, if I keep the membership open for a few more members, should I split the group up into two so we could have two separate theme options? Does that sound weird to you guys? I'm not sure if it's been done before, haha.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2009, 08:33:15 pm »
Sorry I couldn't check in. I forgot to mention that I was going to be in Eugene this whole weekend.

As far as this goes, I suggest doing both. The people that can come to the monthy meets, bring it. The people that can only make it to Kumoricon, see you there or sooner. The people that can come AND want to do a theme for K-con, are cosplay heroes. I plan to take the hero's path. I will research the series APH and consider possibly doing Germany.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:33:50 pm by TurboSaiyanJason »
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2009, 08:38:37 pm »
I'm with Jason on being a 'hero' I guess.  :D

And poor Leader, having to deny entrants. >: I say do whatever you think is best.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2009, 08:45:03 pm »
Sorry I couldn't check in. I forgot to mention that I was going to be in Eugene this whole weekend.

As far as this goes, I suggest doing both. The people that can come to the monthy meets, bring it. The people that can only make it to Kumoricon, see you there or sooner. The people that can come AND want to do a theme for K-con, are cosplay heroes. I plan to take the hero's path. I will research the series APH and consider possibly doing Germany.

That's okay! It'd be nice to know in advance next time, but no harm done~ I hope you had a good time!

If we're going to do both, I'm going to open a new thread in the cosplay section so we can make it a completely separate group; it would get too confusing having two different discussion sessions tumbling around in the same place. If you're really serious about taking the path of heroes (lol, I really like that, haha) then now that we've gotten a confirmation from Catch as the green light to start it up, I'm in. Not sure if the new group's theme will still be APH, let's put a hold on that until I open up the new thread.

Now that that's out of the way, what'll we be doing about New Days? I can still keep the group running while I work on monthly costumes for the other one, so that won't be a problem, but would anyone like to step up and take it over from me? It doesn't require any real management skills lol, once the K-Con theme has been chosen everyone will pretty much go their separate ways and check in here just to update members on their costume status or ask questions.

If we can get someone to be the new leader, or at least assistant manager haha, I think we can re-open membership opportunities~

Edit: brb, making a strawberry smoothie. Was anyone else outside today? IT WAS SO HOT @_@
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:48:19 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline PapouZ

• Oni
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2009, 08:59:28 pm »
ok then I'll Suport you guys though!

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2009, 06:37:44 pm »
Edit: I'd like to change my vote actually. Instead of Air Gear I think that Kuroshitsuji would be my vote. After thinking about it more I considered cosplaying it once awhile back and I'd still love to do so. Therefore...my vote goes to that instead.~
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:55:35 pm by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2009, 08:02:51 pm »
Okay, so I was talking to Romo on the phone, and we got on the subject of skits. Should New Days make one? If so, I don't think we should use Oofuri as our theme, because it'd be REALLY HARD to make an entertaining skit about that series.

Also, is anyone really following in this thread anymore? lol. It looks like we aren't getting any closer to voting on the cosplay theme than we were yesterday... >.<
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:10:49 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2009, 08:23:33 pm »
I'm still following. xD;;  Sorry. ^^;
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2009, 08:24:41 pm »
Haha, it's okay~ So what are your thoughts on making a skit? The con theme will directly affect whether or not we choose to make one, because it'd be easiest to have one costume for the theme and skit instead of two different costumes.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2009, 04:13:26 pm »
Sorry to double post, but this is really urgent. People who are still interested in being in this group, PLEASE POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THIS POST. That means around 4:11 PM tomorrow, May 20th is the deadline.

Some people who are interested in participating need as much time as possible to get their costume together, so it's imperative that we check in and vote on a con theme ASAP. I'm going to edit the thread title so all members can see right away I need confirmation. Sorry for all the rush.

If I don't get four confirmed members by tomorrow, I will officially disband the group. Less trouble for everyone that way.

Edit: I am also confirming that I am still in charge of this group and I will be a New Days representative at the con!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 04:35:31 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Re: New Days Dawning (Members PLEASE Respond by 4:11 PM Tomorrow!)
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2009, 04:24:17 pm »
OYE, I AM HERE AND SERIOUS! :D

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2009, 04:25:36 pm »
You cosplay again?

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2009, 04:33:55 pm »
OYE, I AM HERE AND SERIOUS! :D

Yes you are and I love you for it! *hugs*

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2009, 04:42:33 pm »
I'm still here too! Also, if we needed some extra anime ideas I had two that might work but I haven't checked to see if any other groups are doing them already.

Maybe Hunter x Hunter or Nabari no Ou? They both have a good amount of characters that can be used and they're not completely mainstream so they might work out. Here's an example of each one:

Hunter x Hunter:

Nabari no Ou:

Obviously there's more characters in each one but that's pretty much a given. These are just the complete mains. There are sub-mains too.

Sorry I couldn't make the pictures smaller too. I'm not quite sure how to do that!!!
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2009, 04:46:55 pm »
I'm still here too!

Got you confirmed, thanks for calling earlier!

I'm still at work, so I can't see those pictures, but I'll take a look as soon as I get home, thanks for the suggestions!

Only one more person is needed to confirm and we can keep the group open~

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2009, 05:07:48 pm »
I must aplogize to everyone!! ;~;
I didn't post last night.. Dx
Unfortunatly, when I was replying to this, My power went out. Dx So I felt awful.
Please, forgive me!!
I dunno if I said this before but I'd like to stay in the group. n.n;;;

- - @ Iluvshijimi:
It's alright if we don't do Air Gear this year. n.n;
But I think Air Gear would be pretty good for skits. xD;
But.. I dunno if we can rollerskate on stage. xDD (Note: You don't HAVE to wear skates. xDDD)
But that's just a suggestion. :3

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2009, 05:08:33 pm »
I thought I confirmed....
but here this is:::

K-Con Username: anime_gurl_123
Cosplayer Name: Nana
Transportation: Car
Picture In Cosplay: COMING SOON
Picture Out of Cosplay: COMING SOON

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2009, 05:39:52 pm »
I must aplogize to everyone!! ;~;
I didn't post last night.. Dx
Unfortunatly, when I was replying to this, My power went out. Dx So I felt awful.
Please, forgive me!!
I dunno if I said this before but I'd like to stay in the group. n.n;;;

Oh no! I'm sorry your power went out, I hope everyone at your house is okay!

This is a re-confirmation, because we've had so many chaotic things going on lately, thanks Gwar-chan and Natalie for re-confirming!

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2009, 06:41:36 pm »
Re-confirming now! o:

I'm not sure what else to put right now... D: ;;
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2009, 06:55:49 pm »
Confirmation received! I'm glad to see that everyone who wanted to participate in the group in the first place is still here!

I'm going to leave the thread title as-is so Jason will see it right away.

As for the rest of us, back to deciding on a theme! I mentioned this yesterday, but if we want to do a skit, it would help out a lot of people if our group theme for the con matches the theme of the skit so people wouldn't have to make two separate costumes.

Who would like to do a skit?

I don't mind either way, so I don't count in this vote, haha. Feedback please and thank you?

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2009, 06:59:02 pm »
I'd, personally, love to do a skit! If the group wants to that is. If we don't end up doing one though it won't break my heart. There's so much other fun at conventions.~
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2009, 07:00:17 pm »
It really wouldn't matter to me if we were to do a skit or not, although...

Nevermind, I definitely want to do one. COUNT MY VOTE AS YES!

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2009, 07:05:49 pm »
Haha, I'm guessing that's three yes votes? Once we hear from the other members, we can decide on the theme~

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2009, 07:08:42 pm »
Wow! So unless everyone else doesn't want to we've got a skit to plan. This year should be exciting, huh?~
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2009, 07:11:37 pm »
Yeah! And it looks like you've been posting here a lot Ally hehe, I told you it's not scary! :)

[300th post! xD]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:11:53 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2009, 07:12:47 pm »
Sounds like a plan! The idea and script for the skit, if we're doing it, would be so fun~

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2009, 07:13:56 pm »
I just have trouble starting out is all. xD Plus I couldn't find any topics at first to post in. Now it's easy.~ And I agree with Catch-chan. It should be fun! But the script will definately be the trickiest part. Been there done that, it wasn't pretty.

[Congrats on your 300th! My..uhh...15th post? xD]
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2009, 07:30:30 pm »
I would enjoy doing a skit. I love to act~ :3

Also, theme-wise. DO we have ones to choose from or are they still being thrown out there? xD  If they can be thrown out there, I thought of Digimon when looking at Romo's cosplay. And we have exactly seven people so the first season would fit perfectly. Too bad there aren't eight because I would have loved to do Kari. xD
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2009, 07:31:47 pm »
I LOVE DIGIMON. xD

But again, I love a lot of things. Lol!

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2009, 07:34:01 pm »

Also, theme-wise. DO we have ones to choose from or are they still being thrown out there? xD  If they can be thrown out there, I thought of Digimon when looking at Romo's cosplay. And we have exactly seven people so the first season would fit perfectly. Too bad there aren't eight because I would have loved to do Kari. xD

That'd work out pretty nicely if you guys wanted to do Digimon.~ I was originally planning on making my cosplay because I was going with a Tai, Joe, and Mimi butttttttt chances are all of them but the Joe aren't going to finish so it'd be really cool to go with a complete group! Especially if we ended up doing a skit with it.~
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

oslapedo

« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2009, 07:35:05 pm »
Can people still join this~?

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2009, 07:38:35 pm »

That'd work out pretty nicely if you guys wanted to do Digimon.~ I was originally planning on making my cosplay because I was going with a Tai, Joe, and Mimi butttttttt chances are all of them but the Joe aren't going to finish so it'd be really cool to go with a complete group! Especially if we ended up doing a skit with it.~
Well if you had a Joe, it would still be probably the group with the seven, then another Joe; just because the member thing is already set.
K-con '11 Cosplays: