Author Topic: Persona in 09!  (Read 58821 times)

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
    • Myspace profile :)
Re: Persona in 09!
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2009, 08:53:27 pm »
Hmmm.... well I'll see what I can do. I think I would like to go as Chie cause she's similar to me. ^_^

However, I will be doing more people other than Persona characters.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:31:40 pm by Sakis01 »

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2009, 02:23:17 am »
@Sakis01: If you don't mind crossplaying, I'm seeing Yosuke, Shinji (P3) or Jin (also P3).  As for girls, you might make a nice Yumi (P4) if you perk up a little more.  Ooh, Chidori (P3...) also, though doing her outfit accurately is a little more difficult *...has a chidori cosplayer pet peeve*.  I'd have to see your mischievous smile to see how well you'd fit Elizabeth, but that's also possible.  

*okay well someone needed to point out the obvious at the absolute least*

I would like to point out we WILL have a Kou since I'm working on that costume right now.  No word on a Daisuke though.  Someone who has his costume will be going as him to PAX, the same weekend as Kumoricon... hahaaaa.  And there is like, a 2% chance I'll go as Adachi so don't count on that.  At all.  It probably shouldn't even be on the list.  Anyway, I'll see how I'm feeling towards either S!Yukiko or Gas Station Attendant (oooh, how I want to use the real name ;___;) after I finish Kou.  More people have suggested I be S!Yukiko, but.  Gas Station Attendant is just SO COOL and SO SEXY.  There probably won't be a lot of people wearing either of the alternate outfits, at least to Kumoricon... Sakuracon maybe, but we're not on the Sakuracon forums now are we.  

@iluvshijimi: stfu, you are way pretty.  I don't know what you're talking about.  If you could pull back all your hair (I don't want you to do that though because your hair is lovely ;-;) you'd make a nice MC.  It might just be the pigtails but you'd probably also make a good Rise... Lots of Rises this year though.  AND you would make a good Yukiko.  See, pretty people can just be whoever they want.  Hell, you'd  be a hot Alice!Teddie also.  ...A better idea has not crossed my mind before now.

This might not affect anything, but I will be se selling in the AA.  So for the majority of the afternoon, you probably won't even see me unless I'm off on lunch runs for the other people at my booth.  

edit: Also, thanks you guys for the compliments!  It really boosted my ego. 8D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:24:15 am by Serika »
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2009, 08:41:04 am »
Hmmm.... well I'll see what I can do. I think I would like to go as Chie cause she's similar to me. ^_^

However, I will be doing more people other than Persona characters.

Will edit that Chie is confirmed then since you already added her to your signature xD

@ Serika

Will edit that Kou is confirmed and will remove Adachi from the list!

And no, I am not pretty haha~ If only I could slim down my face, make my eyebrows longer and narrow my nose... Well, everyone has things they dislike about themselves and those are mine, lol. I would do MC but my younger brother wanted to cosplay as him so I think I will do Yukiko~ If I DID do MC, see my avatar? I would probably use that same silver wig but comb the hair in the front and put glasses on that haha. I actually can't cosplay girls very well and I'm surprised you think I'd make a good Rise xD People've told me pigtails don't suit me ^^;;

Also, you're selling in the Artists' Alley so... YOU CAN DRAW?! *jealous* I can't draw at all lol [/offtopic]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:44:00 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2009, 01:08:56 pm »
I could cosplay Adachi pretty easily...but it's almost TOO easy. I swear I have all of his costume in my closet combined with my short black wig (his hair IS black, right? It looks black in the game but brownish in some art I've found.)

If I can't find someone else to cosplay, I may be him for part of a day. Depends on if I can afford another cosplay or not.

But I don't have a group of Persona cosplayers, so it would look pretty generic as a character. ._.;;
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2009, 12:55:07 am »
@sk_chan: I'd say it's black.  Or whatever's more convenient at the time.  Have you beaten the game though?  There are plot props you could carry along with you... *avoiding spoilers*

@iluvshijimi: You are pretty, and that is FINAL, young lady.  
As for drawing, ehh, I don't really consider myself an artist but a small crowd might like my Persona/Tales/Utena/Eternal Sonata/Sailor Moon... stuff... fff i don't want to draw things for series i don't like noooo but if you're curious, here's my (barely updated, with no actual recent stuff on it) DA: http://serikaarenai.deviantart.com/

Okay, so hypothetically if I do go as Shadow Yukiko.  How many of you would be bothered by a lack of wig?  I have the ability to borrow one from a friend (with sideswept bangs, not like Yukiko's) or I could just my naturally dark hair, except it's fairly short at the moment.  Thoughts?  Opinions?  Suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:59:23 am by Serika »
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2009, 01:11:05 am »
Okay, so hypothetically if I do go as Shadow Yukiko.  How many of you would be bothered by a lack of wig?  I have the ability to borrow one from a friend (with sideswept bangs, not like Yukiko's) or I could just my naturally dark hair, except it's fairly short at the moment.  Thoughts?  Opinions?  Suggestions?

Well I personally think you have the hair color.etc.etc and I do not think you need a wig.
 I'm probably going with my natural hair (unless something happens to it....knock on wood)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2009, 01:13:19 am »
@iluvshijimi: You are pretty, and that is FINAL, young lady.  
As for drawing, ehh, I don't really consider myself an artist but a small crowd might like my Persona/Tales/Utena/Eternal Sonata/Sailor Moon... stuff... fff i don't want to draw things for series i don't like noooo but if you're curious, here's my (barely updated, with no actual recent stuff on it) DA: http://serikaarenai.deviantart.com/

Ooh, I may have to purchase one of your pieces at the con, hehe~

As for Shadow!Yukiko... Natalie knows this, but for me, getting the hair/wigs right is one of the most essential things needed for a good cosplay >.< That being said, now that you know where I'm coming from, I'm going to have to say no to using your friend's wig or your natural hair if it's not long enough T.T It's really easy to find a wig in Yukiko's style though, is it money that's holding you back?

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2009, 01:31:01 am »
@sk_chan: I'd say it's black.  Or whatever's more convenient at the time.  Have you beaten the game though?  There are plot props you could carry along with you... *avoiding spoilers*

No, I haven't beaten the game yet, but I HAVE been spoiled as far as Adachi goes, due to my curioisty to find out more about him, unfortunately. >o>;;; I had no idea on what I was getting myself into...
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2009, 04:38:59 am »
The wig I can borrow is probably the right length, the only problem is the sideswept bangs.  My hair's a little past my chin right now, and I don't have bangs.  Uhh, the thing that's holding me back is that I HATE HATE HAAAAATEEE RAAAGE low quality wigs.  I would much rather see a fantastic cosplay with someone's natural hair that doesn't resemble the character than see a fantastic cosplay with a HORRIBLE.  AWFUL.  WIG.  And see, I've never bought a wig for cosplay before.  Of all the characters I've cosplayed with serious effort put into it, only one hasn't had hair pretty close to mine, and at the least I put my hair into her hair style.  I'd prefer not to go out of the way to get a nice wig since all the wigs in the area are going to be seriously expensive, or crappy plastic things.  I could buy it online, but... I  don't know if what I'm looking at is really high quality or not. >: (Plus I personally don't care for wigs all that much in general when you have such beautiful hair as mine OHOHOHOHOno.)

@sk_chan: Yeah.  Hahahahaha.  I went onto the gamefaqs forums when I was about a month into the game.  GEEEE, THANKS GUYS LOLOLOL.  Well, this has to do with all the events in December...  <Decemberspoiler> maybe you could carry around police tape or a gun (adachi has one ugly gun. >: ) ? lalalaltaking up space </endspoiler>

Yeah guys, please buy stuff from my booth. ;-; Oh, I guess since I'm here... Any character requests from the series/games I mentioned (or anything else as long as I can stomach drawing it)?  If I get a few requests I may just make a print/keychain/bookmark/whatever else you can dream up...that's cheap...
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2009, 10:46:45 am »
The wig I can borrow is probably the right length, the only problem is the sideswept bangs.  My hair's a little past my chin right now, and I don't have bangs.  Uhh, the thing that's holding me back is that I HATE HATE HAAAAATEEE RAAAGE low quality wigs.  I would much rather see a fantastic cosplay with someone's natural hair that doesn't resemble the character than see a fantastic cosplay with a HORRIBLE.  AWFUL.  WIG.  And see, I've never bought a wig for cosplay before.  Of all the characters I've cosplayed with serious effort put into it, only one hasn't had hair pretty close to mine, and at the least I put my hair into her hair style.  I'd prefer not to go out of the way to get a nice wig since all the wigs in the area are going to be seriously expensive, or crappy plastic things.  I could buy it online, but... I  don't know if what I'm looking at is really high quality or not. >: (Plus I personally don't care for wigs all that much in general when you have such beautiful hair as mine OHOHOHOHOno.)

Ahaha, we're definitely on the same page when it comes to hating crappy wigs, lol. Since you've never bought a cosplay wig before, perhaps I could give you an idea as to how I go about buying one~ I've only bought maybe five wigs in my cosplaying career (I've only been cosplaying for a couple months, but I'm a perfectionist, so I can tell you I WON'T allow myself to do a crappy job on a character :P), but I've only had good experiences so far!

First, I like to check eBay! A pro of using eBay is that you can find good wigs for a pretty low price (the most I've ever paid for a single wig is $40 including shipping, which is a reasonable price for a good quality wig). Some cons are...

- The wig may not be what they described. This has never happened to me before, but is possible. If that happens, leave the seller negative feedback, return the item and get your money back.
- It may take at least two weeks to arrive. Most cosplay wigs ship from Hong Kong, so make sure you order with plenty of time to spare if you need it by a certain date.

Secondly, if eBay doesn't have a wig similar to the one I want, I hit up a few of my favorite cosplay websites. Cosplayfu.com is one of them. Solgoo.com is NOT. (OMG NATALIE THEIR NARUTO AND SASUKE WIGS ARE WIN AREN'T THEY?! xD) Generally, you can trust the pictures the seller posts of their wigs online, so use your eyes and determine if it's good enough quality for you! Like I said about eBay, if you get the wig and it isn't as described, return it and complain til you get your money back, but this hasn't happened to me.

Finally, if you can't find any wigs you like on eBay or other cosplaying sites, I would go to a reputable eBay wig seller or one of my trusted cosplay provider sites and commission one. I haven't had to resort to this yet because I've had only happy wig-buying experiences using steps one and two, so I don't know how much it'll cost. I'd imagine it'd cost $60-70 at the most, IF THAT AT ALL. Just make sure you supply some high-quality reference images (that means LARGE images and LOTS of them) and you should be fine.

If you decide to do Shadow!Yukiko and you need help finding a wig, I would glad to help you out! The basic message of the above is, as long as you're clear on what you want and keep an eye out on sellers/items that don't look safe, you should have a good time looking for a wig :3

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2009, 02:51:19 pm »
@Serika: =O True. I'll think about it.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2009, 07:01:36 am »
@iluvshijimi: Ahh, thanks for the suggestions.  I'm a little wary of ebay though, especially stuff shipped from china, since one of the first cosplays I ever owned I bought from ebay.  The picture was fantastic, the feedback seemed high enough... And when I recieved it, it was just made of AWFUL, AWFUL shiny plastic velvet fabric, low quality ribbon and lace (it was hinaichigo from rozen maiden if you feel you need to visualize this at its fullest), and it didn't fit properly thoughthat'sprobablymyfaultfornotmeasuringright... I never bought another cosplay again without physically being there to help and learn to sew and make sure horrible fabric wasn't being used.  Maybe the wig scene (lawl) is better, but it still makes me nervous... Do you have any pictures of wigs you bought? 

Warning to anyone considering cosplaying Chie and Adachi.  They are my favorite characters.  I'm normally a somewhat composed person but... Chie and Adachi are just so cool.  You may not escape unscathed.  especiallykingsgameohmygod

Can I get your guys' suggestions on some stickers/magnets I'm making to sell?  I'm doing the entire P4 party + shadows probably, and maybe even a couple social links I liked... But anyways, I can basically tolerate any characters from games I dislike, but there are few things I hate as much as Yosuke.  As a result, I'm not sure how to pose him... so far I've got MC leaning on a golf club, Rise being silly like she is, Teddie being annoyed at his suit open, and I'm planning Chie kicking or something.  I'd like to have them all with their weapons, so that'll be monkey wrenches for Yosuke... But uhh.  Posing suggestions?  I can't think of anything respectful for him. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2009, 09:44:53 am »
@iluvshijimi: Ahh, thanks for the suggestions.  I'm a little wary of ebay though, especially stuff shipped from china, since one of the first cosplays I ever owned I bought from ebay.  The picture was fantastic, the feedback seemed high enough... And when I recieved it, it was just made of AWFUL, AWFUL shiny plastic velvet fabric, low quality ribbon and lace (it was hinaichigo from rozen maiden if you feel you need to visualize this at its fullest), and it didn't fit properly thoughthat'sprobablymyfaultfornotmeasuringright... I never bought another cosplay again without physically being there to help and learn to sew and make sure horrible fabric wasn't being used.  Maybe the wig scene (lawl) is better, but it still makes me nervous... Do you have any pictures of wigs you bought?

Yes, it's good to be a little cautious of eBay, but it's the best place to find things a bit cheaper~ Buying costumes from there is a little riskier than buying wigs, but by no means do you have to avoid the place completely, haha. And here are a couple pictures of me in the last two wigs I bought (sorry for big pictures):

North Italy from Axis Powers Hetalia

Usami Akihiko from Junjou Romantica (I'm the one on top LOL)

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2009, 02:09:26 pm »
Woot! :3 I found the Boy and School girl uniforms from Persona 4 for a somewhat cheap price! =D
-envies the people who are doing Yukiko, Rise, etc.- >>
The girl costume is cheaper, while the guys isn't. Dx

http://www.hellocosplay.com/cosplay-costumes-persona-4-c-1_42.html
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 02:15:23 pm by GwarNekoChan »
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2009, 02:43:30 pm »
@GwarNekoChan: Have you sewn before?  The boys uniform is actually incredibly easy to sew.  The most difficulty comes from handsewing the white lines along it... Fabric for Kou was only like, $40 maybe?  Including buttons and stuff, though I need to go out and buy a "II" symbol this afternoon...

@iluvshijimi: The grey wig looks a little more natural, but would you say those did come like the picture showed? 
My friend's going to be retiring her Sheena costume and said I could use her wig as I've mentioned, so here's the wig itself... http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1653119/
Think it'd be useable after I washed all the gel and whatnot out?  Or does it look too short?
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2009, 03:12:08 pm »
Woot! :3 I found the Boy and School girl uniforms from Persona 4 for a somewhat cheap price! =D
-envies the people who are doing Yukiko, Rise, etc.- >>
The girl costume is cheaper, while the guys isn't. Dx

http://www.hellocosplay.com/cosplay-costumes-persona-4-c-1_42.html

Ah, I stay away from HelloCosplay.com because their prices tend to be a bit higher (and lower quality >.<) If you look through eBay you're bound to find some really cheap stuff like this P4 boys' uniform:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Persona-4-cosplay-costume_W0QQitemZ270395677361QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef4d69ab1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15

@ Serika

Neither of the wigs look like the pictures provided by the seller anymore, because I've cut and styled them from their originals. I never use wigs as-is from the seller because most of the time it's overall too long, the style isn't exactly the way I want, etc. To answer your question though, generally the pictures provided by the seller are darker than they are in reality, because of the way digital cameras take photos.

As for your friend's wig, I wouldn't use that because I think it's too short (do you know the exact length?), but if you plan on using it, I'd say that's usable for Shadow!Yukiko if you steam-straighten the bangs first.

Here's the wig I'll be using for Yukiko:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cosplay-Fancy-Dress-Party-Pure-Black-Costume-Wigs-S6_W0QQitemZ110368248699QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item19b275d37b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15

Pros: Total cost is $21.00 including shipping, looks good quality Kanekalon, bangs are already straight (versus parted).
Cons: I'll have to trim the bangs one length and trim the total length from 76.5cm to 52cm.

All-in-all, a good deal I think~
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 03:12:51 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2009, 03:20:38 pm »
@iluvshijimi
that wig looks pretty good for that price.  I may get that for my Chikaru cosplay.  I like to hear how is it when you get it.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2009, 11:11:27 am »
Oooh Sam! You're completely right! x:
Man... I really wish I had PayPal, that would make me sooo happy... Dx

Oooh! The wig you're getting for Yukiko.. That looks nice! =D They have a long, blonde wig too! YAY FREE SHIPPING! XD I could use that wig for my Colette Brunel costume... but that's off topic here. /sweatdrop

I think I'm going to get my Headphones for Yosuke tomorrow... |3
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2009, 12:35:34 pm »
See? :3 P4 is really popular among cosplayers this year, so it's not too hard to find costumes that are fairly cheap and of good quality~

And you should take a picture of your Yosuke headphones! <3

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2009, 12:41:53 pm »
Haha, I know, right? xD
I'll send a picture of them as soon as I get them. |3
Walmart is my Hero. <3 xD

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2009, 11:13:36 pm »
Is there anyone going as Daisuke to Kumoricon? I don't want to be a lonely Kou. :(

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2009, 11:34:42 pm »
Is there anyone going as Daisuke to Kumoricon? I don't want to be a lonely Kou. :(

AH, ARE YOU GOING AS KOU?! <333

I hope you find a Daisuke~~~

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2009, 11:42:39 pm »

AH, ARE YOU GOING AS KOU?! <333

I hope you find a Daisuke~~~

Yep. Serika is helping me with the Persona 4 uniform. Let's pray a Daisuke will magically appear out of nowhere for Kumoricon.

Dang. I'm sleepy. Time for bed for me.

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2009, 09:23:30 pm »
Oh my god, you guys!! I have this, great idea!! XD

....KING'S GAME!!!!!!! :3

I think that would be cool. xD

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2009, 09:46:13 pm »
Oh my god, you guys!! I have this, great idea!! XD

....KING'S GAME!!!!!!! :3

I think that would be cool. xD

yeah~ we were talking about that a while back :333
what day though? HMMMMMM

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2009, 10:30:53 pm »
Well, I'd prefer a photoshoot on Saturday as opposed to Friday since it sounds like the major Legendia shoot will be then.  So having a King's Game in the evening (perhaps at a nearby restaurant if we could get permission to do so... and maybe film it as well?  This might also discourage us from getting too steamy too quickly... though on the otherhand, it could discourage us from getting steamy at all and that's kind of the appeal) of Saturday would be nice. 

Can I request evening for at LEAST the King's Game?  I've mentioned I have a table and abandoning it twice in one day seems irresponsible.  If my memory serves, AA closes at 6 pm so any time after that would be swell. 8D;; I definitely wouldn't mind an evening photoshoot either, unless we get really sick of eachother or something. 

I'm thinking, even though Kirakishou is my dream cosplay, I might have to put it on hold again this year, since I kind of want to go as Gas Station Attendant AND Shadow Yukiko, and both of those are much more doable...
Sad, but.  Gotta share the Persona love. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2009, 11:50:33 pm »
Well, I'd prefer a photoshoot on Saturday as opposed to Friday since it sounds like the major Legendia shoot will be then.  So having a King's Game in the evening (perhaps at a nearby restaurant if we could get permission to do so... and maybe film it as well?  This might also discourage us from getting too steamy too quickly... though on the otherhand, it could discourage us from getting steamy at all and that's kind of the appeal) of Saturday would be nice. 

Can I request evening for at LEAST the King's Game?  I've mentioned I have a table and abandoning it twice in one day seems irresponsible.  If my memory serves, AA closes at 6 pm so any time after that would be swell. 8D;; I definitely wouldn't mind an evening photoshoot either, unless we get really sick of eachother or something.

I can't really contribute any ideas as to when the Persona photoshoot should be as I am expecting to be in at least two myself, the New Days and the Hanabi Gang group shoots. What I CAN say though is that I most DEFINITELY prefer the shoot to be OUTDOORS and DURING THE DAY. This is just for quality's sake as pictures come out better with lots of light and the best place to get that naturally is outdoors. (I've had terrible experiences shooting indoors >.<)

As for the King's Game, I think any evening works for me as long as it's not during a concert or a dance. I kinda want to go to those :3

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2009, 12:10:34 am »
Agreeing with you on outdoors.  Indoors only looks good in professional studios, or with really talented photographers. 

Any idea when the dances/concerts will be?
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2009, 10:08:10 am »
Agreeing with you on outdoors.  Indoors only looks good in professional studios, or with really talented photographers.  

Any idea when the dances/concerts will be?

@Serika
Yes~ we do not want you to leave AA twice during the day~ that would be sad ;v; so we shall wait for you~~ :3

@KINGS GAME
I am fine with playing the King's game~ though some restaurants may not be happy about us being loud (Maybe the ROXY wouldn't mind? We could tell them it's for a drama project~ they are really nice) and they have yummy food~~

PHOTOSHOOT
I am also fine with a photoshoot indoors and/or outdoors. And anytime is alright with me (as long as it doesn't interfere with the cosplay skits/concerts/dances/showings/photoshoots/panels/otherplans) : 3
I think the concerts are Saturday&Sunday around 9ish? and the dance starts at 10ish I THINK. (going off memory~)
: 3

I am in two skits, 1 panel, 2 photoshoots(I think...) and so far that is it~ [SIGH]

MEETING SPOT~?
Though maybe we should plan a meeting spot when the convention comes closer? I suggest NOT THE LOBBY because there are many people there and it always becomes very confusing quickly~ TAT
Maybe we could meet in front of a certain room etc.etc. when we get the hotel map etc.etc closer to KCON~?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 10:09:01 am by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2009, 06:04:55 am »
This must stay bumped!!

Ummm, well for the King's Game, I can see us easily having to sacrifice just one evening because it is the law.  We'll see though, but maybe we should make a tentative plan?  Again, Sunday is easier for me though I could probably find time to change out of Shirley into either the Attendant or Yukiko on Saturday if necessary. 

A meeting spot for the photoshoot?  Hmm... LOLINFRONTOFTHEAA?? I kid, I kid.  I've walked past the Hilton a thousand times from a few blocks away, but I've never been close enough or inside..enough to give you a proper idea of where a nice place might be... Since the photoshoot will probably be outside, we should probably plan for somewhere near the entrance or already outside, in a fairly...easily-found place. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2009, 12:37:17 pm »
Ack, Sunday night doesn't work for me, New Days Dawning will be participating in the cosplay contest after 6:00 PM, so that's a no-go >.<

As for the photoshoot, maybe we could just walk a couple blocks over to the park blocks they have nearby. I go to PSU and walk around the area all the time~

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2009, 04:34:09 pm »
Same here, Sunday wouldn't work for me either (practically all day Sunday wouldn't work TAT) because the rehearsals for the skits are almost all day.

We could meet at the starbucks in Pioneer Square? Or by the fountain might work as well (keeps forgetting that the convention is smack dab in the middle of the city.)

Offline Sporky-chan

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2009, 05:26:04 pm »
Hey! I'm posting here for a friend who forgot her pw and is too lazy to have the e-mail sent to her.
She's cosplaying as Yukiko and Chie with a friend and was wondering if there was a set day for a group shoot?
Thanks! :3
KumoriCon '10!
Hopefully! Celty-Durarara!!
Shannon-Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rise-Persona 4
TYL!M.M.-Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2009, 08:34:16 pm »
Aw fiddlesticks, and I was going to cosplay Yukiko >.<

Should I still go as her? TAT

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2009, 08:41:56 pm »
Aw fiddlesticks, and I was going to cosplay Yukiko >.<

Should I still go as her? TAT

Yeah, you should still go as Yukiko, because she's awesome like that. So is Ai Ebihara, but nobody cares about her, except for me.  :(

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2009, 08:46:05 pm »
I could actually cosplay her better than Yukiko, but I already have Yukiko's stuff TAT

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2009, 09:02:09 pm »
I could actually cosplay her better than Yukiko, but I already have Yukiko's stuff TAT

If you already have her stuff, then you should totally be Yukiko. AND PLUS THEN YOU CAN SAY, "KONOHANA SAKUYA!" and wave that fan around. XD

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2009, 12:05:06 pm »
Ahh, you guys D:
Due to money issues, I might not be able to do Yosuke. T^T
Sad yes.. I know... Dx

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2009, 12:37:06 pm »
WHAT?! NOOO!!! TAT

I was really looking forward to your Yosuke >.<

@ Group
I'm suggesting we have our photoshoot and King's Game on Sunday? New Days is no longer doing group stuff for the con, so I have Sunday freeeee~ I am planning to wear Yukiko that day so it would really help...though I can change any day of the week, haha.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2009, 02:47:05 pm »
WHAT?! NOOO!!! TAT

I was really looking forward to your Yosuke >.<

@ Group
I'm suggesting we have our photoshoot and King's Game on Sunday? New Days is no longer doing group stuff for the con, so I have Sunday freeeee~ I am planning to wear Yukiko that day so it would really help...though I can change any day of the week, haha.

TAT I do not have Sunday free at all
: [[[
Maybe FRIDAY? PRECON?????
I always stay the day before the convention...~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2009, 07:54:01 pm »
Oh yeah, I forget you're still in a couple skits xD

Friday works for me too, just gotta know 'cuz Julian's coming along :3

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2009, 08:39:57 am »
Actually, maybe we should have it on Saturday or Monday? It wouldn't be very fun for Julian if we did it on Friday, because this is his very first con so I want him to meet lots of different people, take pictures of cool costumes, check out some fun panels, etc.

I'm also not bringing Rikku now 'cuz I probably won't have her daggers done in time...so yeah xD

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2009, 09:02:33 am »
Sorry I haven't been online lately, I'm in Europe until early August... There's a sewing machine here and I brought my gas station attendant fabric, but since it's a very, very old and uncooperative machine, I might not have time to finish Shadow Yukiko when I get back.  So just count on me ONLY being Gas Station Attendant for now. 

Anyways, group shoot.  Monday works for me.  ...Any day works for me, but I would prefer to leave Saturday free.  ...Though now that I think about it, Saturday would work also.  MAYBE SATURDAY BECAUSE THAT WAY I CAN WEAR MY PERSONA OUTFIT ALLL DAY.  Instead of Monday, which no one really cares about enough to take any more pictures. ): not that anyone would recognize me anyways in any of my outfits, but still. I won't be there Friday, so that's an obvious no on my part...

@GwarNekoChan: D8 That sucks!  fffff ): Freaking punch lack of funds and time in the face!!!
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2009, 10:31:07 am »
Ooh, you're in Europe?! That sounds fun, where exactly? :3

I would probably prefer Saturday then, I think me and my brother as Yukiko and Souji would be most recognizable that day (I'm also bringing N.Italy from Hetalia and Ciel from Kuroshitsuji, but there will be at least 10 other N.Italies and my Sebastian will probably be hanging out with her friends respectively >.<)

Sooo...about the King's Game, would Saturday evening/night work for that, too? I probably won't be going to the Soul Candy concert, so it should be open for me. Don't know how good I am at getting "drunk on the atmosphere" (NATALIE WE PICKED THE TWO BEST CHARACTERS TO COSPLAY xDDD), but King's Game is still a must-do on my list :3

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2009, 11:07:28 am »

I would probably prefer Saturday then, I think me and my brother as Yukiko and Souji would be most recognizable that day (I'm also bringing N.Italy from Hetalia and Ciel from Kuroshitsuji, but there will be at least 10 other N.Italies and my Sebastian will probably be hanging out with her friends respectively >.<)

Sooo...about the King's Game, would Saturday evening/night work for that, too? I probably won't be going to the Soul Candy concert, so it should be open for me. Don't know how good I am at getting "drunk on the atmosphere" (NATALIE WE PICKED THE TWO BEST CHARACTERS TO COSPLAY xDDD), but King's Game is still a must-do on my list :3

Ahh~~ I forgot TAT and I want Julian to experience a convention~ :3

I think KINGS GAME would work on Saturday night for me~ as long as it doesn't confront with the panels and such. AND I HAVE A PREMEETING FOR MY COSPLAY SKIT AS WELL ON SATURDAY NIGHT (so at that time would not be lovely~~) wahh I'm nervous about Sunday TAT
HAHAHA I totally can get drunk on atmosphere~ it's easy~! >///< (SAM WE DID PICK THE BEST CHARACTER MUAHAHAHA) teehee~
Yes I agree, Kings Game is a MUST on my list as well~~!! LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN LIKE MARIO PARTY >///3///<

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2009, 01:02:54 pm »
A few of the pics in my Yukiko costume from this morning >.<

Comments? :3
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:09:42 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2009, 05:27:38 pm »
'Morning, everyone - I did a search for "persona cosplay" earlier today, and this thread came up. Hope it isn't too late for a newcomer to add to it.

I am, with any luck, going to be cosplaying as Persona 3's protagonist/main character/Minato. I've only recently started getting my materials together (Haha, wonderful timing toward the end of June, right?) - but I'm taking the slightly-easier (lazy..?) route out and modifying some pre-existing clothes instead of making everything from scratch.

But at any rate, I'll be trying to get some semblance of Persona 3's main character's outfit together in time for Kumoricon this year.
I'm hoping the black coat I bought works well enough as a base... ._.

For now, I'm going back to playing Persona 4. >_>
Conventions attended thus far:
Kumoricon 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Sakuracon 2008, 2009, 2011

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2009, 06:39:18 pm »
Yay! Hooray for more P3 love~

It looks like there will be a lot more P4 cosplayers attending the con this year, but I'm really looking forward to your Misato cosplay! Post your progress pictures up sometime? :3

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2009, 06:48:18 pm »
@iluvshijimi
looks awesome! ^_^
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART