Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH COSTUMES!!!  (Read 2447 times)

Offline RandomCosplay

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
NEED HELP WITH COSTUMES!!!
« on: August 04, 2008, 11:05:11 pm »
We are in need of help with costumes for Kumoricon. We have no idea how to use a sewing machine, and would like to cosplay as Zabuza and Haku. If there is anyway someone could help us in this short time we would gladly appreciate it. We are also willing to pay for supplies and labor if needed. Thanks and please let us know as soon as you can if you can help in a short amount of time. ^_^

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
Re: NEED HELP WITH COSTUMES!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 05:31:19 am »
Can you post pics of what you're wanting? If it's not too difficult I might be able to help out.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 05:46:11 am »
Ah, it's the Daniel and Cassandra!
This is the little girl in skates from the FYE meet up XDD.
Depending on which one's you want to cosplay I might be able to help you...o-o As well! ^_^
Zabuza and Haku have different outfits so, please post a picture of what you want ^_^

Offline RandomCosplay

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 07:10:16 am »

Offline RandomCosplay

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 07:10:55 am »

Offline RandomCosplay

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 07:30:44 am »
if u can get them looking as good or close to this pic of the 2 of them we would be so so so so so so happy

and hey whats up how have you been???

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 11:40:11 am »
Well, those don't look too hard, at least the basic stuff.  You can probably find a turtleneck that will work for the one with the long hair, and the kimono top is pretty easy to make.  Their basically just rectangles sewn together, and you can also find patterns at sewing stores.   If you don't have a machine, you could hand sew it, though that would take longer.  Basically, I recommend a lot of Goodwill trips, and you might be able to find the pants and stuff without having to make them.

The mask might be a bit tricky, but there's this stuff that's kind of like papermache, but more bandage-y, and you can make masks with it fairly easily.  I remember doing it way back in grade school, but also more recently.  Don't remember what its called, but I know any craft store should have it.

Hope this was a bit helpful.  Good luck!

Offline RandomCosplay

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 12:04:46 pm »
Well, those don't look too hard, at least the basic stuff.  You can probably find a turtleneck that will work for the one with the long hair, and the kimono top is pretty easy to make.  Their basically just rectangles sewn together, and you can also find patterns at sewing stores.   If you don't have a machine, you could hand sew it, though that would take longer.  Basically, I recommend a lot of Goodwill trips, and you might be able to find the pants and stuff without having to make them.

The mask might be a bit tricky, but there's this stuff that's kind of like papermache, but more bandage-y, and you can make masks with it fairly easily.  I remember doing it way back in grade school, but also more recently.  Don't remember what its called, but I know any craft store should have it.

if we knew how we would not of post for help we do not know how to sew so not to be mean but dude lol

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 12:28:45 pm »

if we knew how we would not of post for help we do not know how to sew so not to be mean but dude lol

Sorry, I thought you just said you couldn't use a machine.  My bad!  Anyway, I still say you can probably find most of your stuff at Second Hand stores, if you're lucky.  Maybe even the kimono top.  I'd look in the bathrobe section, if I were you. 

You can also check out ebay and see if they have the costumes up there somewhere.

I do know a few people who do commisions, but I don't know how their prices run, or if they'd have time to finish it by K-con.  Anyway, I've seen both their work, and it's good:
http://pandari.deviantart.com/
http://shadow-lady-chun-li.deviantart.com/

Sorry again about the confusion!  I had decided you wanted sewing advice, 'cause I'm super unobservant today...

Offline saya-chan14

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 09:04:49 pm »
try baseball pant for zabuza a tutle neck for haku and a haku's scarfe cant be that hard to find and maby u can find haku's pants every thing elses u mite need to be made
Sakura 11 cosplays
CC
Yosuke
Libra

Offline Ryanne_monday

• Cabbit
    • My myspace
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 10:20:10 pm »
or if you have the cash - those are common and popular costumes, you could always order. Most of that stuff you could find at a basic second hand store - like mentioned earlier.
But if I were you, I'd just ebay the costumes or cosplay.com or something of that manor.
FINAL FANTASY SEVEN FORUM

Offline RandomCosplay

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 11:10:28 pm »
We dont have money at the moment as we have been dealing with my roommates assaulting us so yeah. We are very tight on money and have no clue how to get the costumes that we need. I personaly dont think anyone would want to lend us their costumes, but hey if you do know anyone who would do that please send them my way.