Author Topic: Friend Requests...  (Read 2456 times)

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
Friend Requests...
« on: June 21, 2008, 08:26:17 pm »
Y'know what's kinda annoying?  I have a decent amount of "friends" on my XBox live account.  But I only know a few of them well enough to remember where we met, or why they're on my list.  There are even fewer friends whom I can actually say I know, y'know?  Internet life is funny like that huh?

Recently, I've been really getting into the demo for Battlefield: Bad Company, definitely gonna pick that one up when it comes out.

Anyways, I'm sure most of you can tell where this is goin', so anyone wanna meet up on XBox live, and get away from all the Team Killers, and 8 year-olds who talk like Klan members?

No big deal if you don't want to, just thought I'd give it a shot. 

Also (just for added fun) what's (one of) the worst experiences you've had on Live?
Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
Re: Friend Requests...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 01:16:46 am »
I'd meet up sometime. It's hard to believe that people on the other end are actually real PEOPLE until you see them.
I consider myself "Great" (in the empirial sense) at Tetris Revolution, or any original style competitive Tetris, able to completely destroy the hardest AI in under 2 minutes. I've only been beat once on Live by someone named mrmonstercock. Worst experience ever! The shame! TT_TT

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:06:49 am »
I don't have xbox live, but I play on my friend's brother's account alllll the time.

This one time, some kid (could be the voice mask, but he sounded like he was 13) was having an argument with some other dude while we were waiting for our match to load and I couldn't stand it anymore so I turned on my mic and shouted "SHUT UP!!!!". They totally went silent :D

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 09:46:59 am »
I'd meet up sometime. It's hard to believe that people on the other end are actually real PEOPLE until you see them.
I consider myself "Great" (in the empirial sense) at Tetris Revolution, or any original style competitive Tetris, able to completely destroy the hardest AI in under 2 minutes. I've only been beat once on Live by someone named mrmonstercock. Worst experience ever! The shame! TT_TT
So, should I watch out for dshwshr55?

I don't have xbox live, but I play on my friend's brother's account alllll the time.

This one time, some kid (could be the voice mask, but he sounded like he was 13) was having an argument with some other dude while we were waiting for our match to load and I couldn't stand it anymore so I turned on my mic and shouted "SHUT UP!!!!". They totally went silent :D

Ah, well let me know next time you plan on playing.

Me, I get the same thing all the time.  I'll be playing Halo, and someone (not always a kid) is really annoying, so I mute them, and then talk about them.  This is always funny cos inevitably, someone has their TV turned up loud, and has their incoming communication coming through the tv.  Then I can hear the muted offender on someone else's headset (barely) and they're really pissed off at me.  I laugh, and taunt them further, and they eventually team kill me, and I boot their annoying self.

As far as my worst, it's when you get one annoying guy who doesn't shut up, but then I'm the only one who uses the mute feature.  Everyone else keeps yelling, "Dude, SHUT UP" and eventually, I just take off the headset.  Hardly anyone actually communicate anymore.
Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 11:30:55 am »
Haha yeah...well I only use the headset when we're playing rocket race cost it's fun to hear people's reactions when you steal the checkpoint from them  :D

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 12:10:15 pm »
Oh yeah.  :D  But so few people ever take Rocket Race seriously anymore.  Too much TKing, and general stupidity.
Looking for artists!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 01:02:26 pm »
"TKing"?

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 01:26:18 pm »
Ha!  Short for Team Killing.
Looking for artists!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 05:49:18 pm »
Ah gotcha. Yeah there tends too be too much of that...it gets frustrating cos we're always like "Stop killing us that's not the point! If you want to kill people go and play your stupid Slayer games"

Not saying Slayer is terrible; rocket race is not the place to be to kill XD

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 06:37:18 pm »
I am way too lazy to set up an Xbox live account. ~ ~ I might one day though, and when I do! I'll.. let you gaiz know.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 11:45:29 pm »
yeo i'd be down to play with any you guys, i mainly play Halo3 an Call of Duty4

as for my worst experience, that would probably be playing uno after the vision cam was released
enough said......       o_0
Team Koga

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 09:23:36 am »
Ha!  See, I didn't have a 360 when that went down.  Heard some hilarious stories about it though.

Damn, I miss online play.  My roomie left and took the internet with him...now I only play single-player.
Looking for artists!