Author Topic: How good are these series?  (Read 3527 times)

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
How good are these series?
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:41:54 pm »
Has anyone watched these series before?

Full Metal Panic
Bubblegum Crisis 2040
Fruits Baset
DN Angel

I recently started looking into these series and thought it'd be good to hear some insight on them.

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 03:49:05 pm »
Well, Paladin, that really depends on your personal tastes.  Of the shows you listed, I've seen Funimation's dub of Fruits Basket only.  I can vouch for its quality, and I can tell you that I found the series very engaging.  Have you tried reading the reviews on ANN?

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 04:07:24 pm »
I haven't. That's a good idea.
Thanks for the info. :)

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 04:07:27 pm »
I've only read the manga of fruit's basket...and the storyline and characters are amazing
-Mikae

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 04:12:21 pm »
BTW, the original Bubblegum Crisis is definitely worth a look.  Have you seen it?

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 06:37:24 pm »
Fruits Basket manga is so cute, as long as you like getting wobbly knees at a drawing of a guy glancing at a girl ... which I admit... I do. I really wish my writing could have that sort of effect on people. I thought the hair color was all wrong in the anime, so I didn't take to it right away (weird hu? I expected Yuki = blond, Kyo = black and Tohoru = blond, but its Yuki = grey, Kyo = red and Tohoru = brunette.)

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 07:54:59 pm »
I can't really say much about FMP or Bubblegum.  I've only seen maybe 2 episodes of Bubblegum and that was years ago.

Fruits Basket is definitely worth a look.  It has humor, romance, and drama and it's all put together so well.  The anime contains my favorite drama scene out of all the other anime I've seen (the scene is Hatori's dream).

DN Angel... Loved the manga, kind of "meh" on the anime.  It wasn't bad but it just felt very different from the manga.  Still I guess I should say it's worth looking into at least a few episodes.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 11:53:56 pm »
I've only seen two of them, but I loved both.

Fruits Basket..enough has already been said about it, but I just finished watching it this morning. Definitely worth watching.

Full Metal Panic! All I can say is that I absolutely loved them (all three seasons - the original plus FMP! Fumoffu? and FMP! The Second Raid). Another one very much worth watching, even if you only see the first season.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 12:27:35 pm »
Full Metal Panic cracks me up. I've seen very little but was clued in by some hardcore fans.

I've heard that the first season is the main seriousp lotline from the manga while the second season is the silly parts from the manga. The episodes I saw from both were funny enough. Basically it takes some Robot pilot military characters (the lead male and his friends) and makes the lead male pretend to be a "normal high school student" to help bodyguard a girl who they think will be the target of terrorists. Wackiness, action, and romance ensue.

The second season involves a robot plush creature and I can't even begin to explain that.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010