Author Topic: peircing opinions  (Read 5021 times)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
peircing opinions
« on: January 02, 2009, 04:06:02 pm »
so I was thinking of getting a lip stud because well I want some other piercings besides the one's on my ears(which I'm still not done with). but then I also got the idea of what other piercings could I get. I mean I can get any but they might not all look good. and I don't want to be extreme about it so here are just the few that I think I'd do if I did any.

lip stud one.

lip stud plus extra lip piercing.

nose piercing on one side

nose piercing on either side(no I wouldn't have both sides done)

da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: peircing opinions
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 04:18:16 pm »
I think you should just get your nose pierced... No offense, but the lip stud and ring make you look a bit... Egh.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 04:33:18 pm »
Pshaw. I think the lip ring is cool. And it looks really good on you. That and the left side nose piercing. I like those two. I do like the lip stud but if I had to choose it would be the lip ring or the nose piercing.  ;)

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:40:14 pm »
I like the nose the best. ^.^
I miss 2010.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 05:06:22 pm »
I think you should just get your nose pierced... No offense, but the lip stud and ring make you look a bit... Egh.
what side of the nose do you think would be best? I sort of thought the lip stud looked cool and the only reason why I put the ring there was because I wanted to have one of those earrings like in nana or parakiss where it connects to the lip and ear.

Pshaw. I think the lip ring is cool. And it looks really good on you. That and the left side nose piercing. I like those two. I do like the lip stud but if I had to choose it would be the lip ring or the nose piercing.  ;)
none of them all together? thanks.  :D

da/tumblr

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 05:13:20 pm »
I'd be afraid to get those. It would hurt really bad if there was an accident and the chain was pulled on.
I miss 2010.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 05:15:26 pm »
@demon
^_^ lol well I have a fake one that I got from a friend. I never once got it caught on anything so maybe it'll work.
da/tumblr

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 05:46:20 pm »
I always preferred clear, clean skin and facial features.
I keep thinking 'that had to hurt... why hurt your face like that?'

anyways, just me, maybe I just don't 'get' it...

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 05:48:32 pm »
^I think so too about the face, I'm fine with ears, I have three ear piercings and that's all I'm getting.
I miss 2010.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 07:29:46 pm »
Well, I've got my lip pierced, had my eyebrow and ear pierced at one time (and I've got plenty of tattoos). I'm never gonna be the "clean model of a pure society", lol.

Anyway, my story aside, I think you actually would look really good with the lip stud/labret. That and the nose stud on the left side would balance out really well. Whatever you end up doing, do it for yourself above any of us here. ^_^ How you feel is always priority number 1.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 09:54:32 pm »
I personally side with just a nose piercing.
Not sure what side though. Either one would look good ^^
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 09:55:47 pm »
I have some good friends that have side nose piercing and they like them alot
Cospaly                    Planed cosplay
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Blackstar                   Kiba
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 05:13:12 am »
Nose studs can be a nice touch aesthetically.  They don't look particularly bad if you're looking for a job or anything, which is nice, but I imagine they can be awkward to clean and maintain, and an infection would suck.  I'm against lip piercings for the most part, but whatever; I don't rule the world and wouldn't ban them if I did; I just don't recommend them.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 11:16:37 am »
what side of the nose do you think would be best? I sort of thought the lip stud looked cool and the only reason why I put the ring there was because I wanted to have one of those earrings like in nana or parakiss where it connects to the lip and ear.

none of them all together? thanks.  :D

All together might be a little much but one or two together would still be pretty cool. And I totally agree with EveofAbyss that it's what you're gonna be walkin' around with, so pick what you would want.  :D

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 03:03:49 pm »
Don't lip piercings hurt? ;;>_>
The only thing i would worry about with someone i know getting their lips pierced is i'd worry it would hurt them a lot! ><

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 03:44:04 pm »
I have my lip pierced twice on the same side. They look cool, yeah. But now they're just a part of my face, and honestly, they're annoying! I only keep them there because my face is use to them, and I think I'd go insane if I didn't have something to keep myself occupied with. Keep in mind though, if you get a lip stud, your teeth DO get caught on the back when you chew, and sometimes talk. And let me tell you, it REALLY hurts. It's why I have a horse shoe on my furthest piercing, so it won't get caught. My stud well.. I just got lucky and it doesn't catch on anything.

They actually only hurt for a moment, and then afterward get swollen in about a day, then hurt for a week. I would say I nose piercing, just because it's less trouble, and nose piercings look good on a lot of people.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 05:28:04 pm »
With lip studs it does depend on your dental tooth-to-lip structure. I got my lip pierced and had a stud at first and my teeth never caught on it, so it is an individual thing.

And I'll say I'm not sick of my lip ring at all. I love it, and it has really become a part of me. It would be like losing an ear if I were to take it out.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 05:40:55 pm »
That's true. If it's pierced high up enough though, it could still catch your teeth. Whenever I take my piercings out for Cosplay, which is the only time I do, I feel a little incomplete. But I think it's the feeling of them not being there that causes it.

Also another thing about piercings. Sometimes people have difficulties with them. Infections, irritation, etc. My sister has a rough time with piercings. She's had her belly button pierced seven times because it rejects jewelry. And same goes with her ears, nose, and lip. But it does depend on the person.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 06:01:47 pm »
Ooh! Ooh! I have a question for the piercing masters! Does a tongue ring ruin your teeth? I really hope not because I sooooooo want one.  :P

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 06:05:51 pm »
I don't think so. I've never heard of that before. My mother pierces people for a living, and she's done plenty of tongues. I've never heard her tell her customers about how it can ruin your teeth. I'm sure if you bit on the jewelry hard enough and frequently, and depending on the kind of jewelry, you might damage them. But other then that, I doubt it does. It's probably a rumor.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 06:07:24 pm »
Oh good. The type I want is just one of those simple little balls.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 06:08:53 pm »
Yeah. I don't think you have much to worry about. I know a few people with their tongues pierced, and their teeth are either already crooked because of the way they came in, or just fine.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 06:10:34 pm »
That is awesome. I'm excited now! Thanks so much!  ;D

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 06:15:45 pm »
well I'm really considering the nose piercings now. I've put all the holes in my ears myself. there was no pain and I never get infections. unless I leave a certain earring in for too long(I tend to sleep with them in and shower with them as well, only the last hole the highest up on my lobe though). but my gauged holes have never gotten infected so I think that should be fine if I got my lip pierced.
da/tumblr

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 08:18:13 pm »
i think the lip ring makes your lips look lop sided.. ^_^' but i like the other two together.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 08:38:29 pm »
Have you considered having your labret pierced, but eventually changing to a ring? I may just be obsessed, but I have a certain partiality to centered lip piercings (a ring in the middle of the lip). I think that would also look great on you.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 08:41:26 pm »
@eve
really? :) well that was the main one I wanted at first and I do like the idea of switching it out for a ring or stud.

@sage
yeah I usually though that but a lot of people seem to think otherwise. I dunno if I want the side ring. probably not.
da/tumblr

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 08:46:22 pm »
@eve
really? :) well that was the main one I wanted at first and I do like the idea of switching it out for a ring or stud.

Yeah, you look to have the lips for it (not just anyone can pull off the lip piercings, though many will try, heh).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 10:24:33 pm »
@eve

Yeah, you look to have the lips for it (not just anyone can pull off the lip piercings, though many will try, heh).
that's why I sort of posted this topic. not all types of piercings look good on everyone so I wanted to get some opinions just to be sure.

so either side of the nose would look good and so would the stud? man I should've made a poll. :/
da/tumblr

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 10:27:23 pm »
Yeah, a poll would have definitely made it easier. xD But in the end, it's your choice, not ours. But suggestions are always good! x3

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 11:19:22 pm »
to you i'm not sage <_<
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2009, 11:27:09 pm »
I know but I still do it on here since thats your screen name but okay. >_> lol

@vampire
I always seem to forget I have that option to use. XD well I understand its my choice but at the same time I want people to think it looks good. I mean I have a friend that has an eyebrow piercing and it looks so bad I want to rip it out every time I see it. I know that might be extreme but everyone else thats seen it also doesn't like it.
da/tumblr

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 11:30:04 pm »
Of course that's an important aspect to consider. Not every piercing location works for everyone, so it is wise to find out which locations work for you. Nothing wrong with that, in fact I suggest it for anyone getting a piercing. Unless you're uber confident in your understanding of your own body and structures.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 11:31:38 pm »
>_< but its weird.
PATRICK IS TOTALLY A THREAD TOPIC STEALER!

i'll get peirced when i disappear into collage w/o modeling then come back and you'll go wtf we were supposed to get peirced together. then i'll say you did it on you b-day right? well so did i :P.........................................
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 11:35:21 pm »
@eve
yeah I always think of that. I mean its like choosing what colors to wear. I look bad in orange. can't wear it. :/ lol weird thing to bring up I know. well I understand my body pretty well, well some parts of it. but it's still good to get info from others. :3

@janelle
but I probably can't get them done till I'm 18 since my dad won't pay for them or give permission. but I still want to get them done with you.

yeah he is. >_>
da/tumblr

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 11:39:11 pm »
yeah 2 yrs. you 18 me 20. me collage. prob not model. thus there we go. we're only getting one together anyways. sides i want the nana ones before i cosplay as her.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 11:41:20 pm »
ah yes it would be nice for you to have those before then.

you no be model no more? I can't remember why you said that.....>_>
da/tumblr

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 11:42:32 pm »
never gave you a reason. to have that in memory.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2009, 11:49:27 pm »
0_0......I should stop staying up so late. being low on sleep is making me confused about really simple things.

well I just talked to my dad. he said next pay check we'll probably finish piercing my ears. XD I'm excited.

I told him about my face piercing ideas and he said that nose was a bad idea but after I explained some helpful info about my lip he's looking a little brighter about. good thing I didn't say anything about getting my belly button pierced.
da/tumblr

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2009, 12:00:09 am »
yay.. mom still owes me my belly peircing for my 18th birthday......................................over 8 months ago...
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")