Author Topic: Kumoricon Cosplay RPG Budokai Tournament  (Read 1351 times)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Kumoricon Cosplay RPG Budokai Tournament
« on: June 05, 2008, 01:01:28 pm »
This is an area where I might get less notice, but oh well here goes...

I'm thinking of holding a panel to introduce my RPG battle rules. I plan to do it right after the cosplay chess is over and use their board as an arena. I'm hoping to have anywhere between 8 and 32 players.  I'm hoping to have time before the tournament to give people a quick  opportunity to learn the rules and try them out before the tournament begins. If there aren't enough people for a tournament, then there will be just a demo of the game and discussion of the next day's skit event.

The winner of the budokai will be rewarded with a check of 10,000 zenie, the champion's belt and a chance to make a wish to the dragon. The runner up for the budokai will recieve a check of 5,000 zenie and a big bag of senzu beans.

Depending on who I can get for the skit, this will either be a Dragonball Z or Dragonball GT themed Budokai, as far as character appearance is concerned. There is no charge for the tournament, and anyone even outside of cosplayers are welcome to play, though cosplay is encouraged. As an option also, I have developed move sets for a few characters if anyone cosplays as them:
Trunks, Goku, Inuyasha, Kagome, Sesshomaru, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Ryu , Mario, Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, Pokemon Trainer (ash, misty, may, or even the one from SSB Brawl), Sailor Moon (and the scouts), Heero (and the Gundam Team), of course androids 17 and 18, and maybe super 17. I need someone to cosplay as one of them for my two part skit. This game is so expansive that you can give nearly any character you can think of powers and moves along with the basic rock/paper/scissors, or just copy the moves of another character. Ever seen Kagome fire a Kamehameha wave? There will be blank power cards, to let everyone even make their own powers. So come on and join the budokai!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 01:02:28 pm by TurboSaiyanJason »
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
Re: Kumoricon Cosplay RPG Budokai Tournament
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 01:41:49 pm »
Cosplay chess is slated to happen Monday afternoon.. it's one of the last events of con.  You might want to see if that's going to fit with your plan.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 04:14:26 pm »
This sounds like live action ani-mayhem, hope it survives longer than the ccg

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 11:14:27 pm »
Really? I thought it was on the first day of the con. Okay, rearrange that. I'm hoping to have an arena set up similar to the chess board, and hopefully even in the same place, on the first day of the con.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 01:19:37 am »
I'd like to ask if anyone wants to help out with this fun contest, I am looking for someone to play android 18 or 17 from DBZ for the budokai and the skit to follow. Can anyone be able to lend even a small hand?

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 06:31:01 pm »
This sounds like live action ani-mayhem, hope it survives longer than the ccg
Well two things.
1. Unlike the CCGs (there were two versions made), this won't take you on a tour through the sagas, just a fun game everyone can come and play.

2. Unlike the CCGs, this is an open series budokai. Meaning you can come in cosplay as a character from any series you choose, even just as yourself.

I'm hoping to have two versions to this game. The first is the simple budokai torunament of rock-paper-scissors. Unless k-con staff are available, no weapon props, hence it would be a true DB budokai using only janken and a few powers. As you win matches, you gain more powers.

The second version is the full version in comparison to the demo rules used in the budokai. If you cosplay as a specific character (or just want to use their style), you get all of the powers and abiliti4es of that character. Prop weapons will be optional, and you can make and name your own powers. So far I have move sets for Goku, Trunks, Inuyasha, Kagome, Ryu, Naruto, Sesshomaru, Pokemon Trainer (based on the one from smash brothers brawl), and Cloud.

So it can be a really fun LARP fighting game. Anyone who wants to try it out, I'm thinking of holding it in the RPG room at Kumoricon. Anyone with questions or who would like to try it out before then, let me know.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 06:53:49 pm »
just keeping it alive unless someone has a better idea. :(