Author Topic: Legend of Zelda 2010!  (Read 16969 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Re: Legend of Zelda 2010!
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2010, 02:56:15 am »
I vote yes at noon if it's not during a contest on that day.

And woooo my friend is pretty much done with my costume for me! I have no idea what it looks like XD So I'll find out lol
I'm still fighting with my shield *glares at it* I'm contemplating sticking it in the fire pit if it didn't look so dang cool. That and I can't find something for ears x.x;
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2010, 08:54:21 am »
I think noon is good... but my sister would have to drive me... she does the driving ><
Hmmm. I guess shadows can't drive? Poor Dark Link.

I vote yes at noon if it's not during a contest on that day.

And woooo my friend is pretty much done with my costume for me! I have no idea what it looks like XD So I'll find out lol
I'm still fighting with my shield *glares at it* I'm contemplating sticking it in the fire pit if it didn't look so dang cool. That and I can't find something for ears x.x;
Yep! Thanks for the confirmation.

Not sure if there's enough time to ship them, but I recommend Aradani elf ears.
http://www.aradanicostumes.com/index.php

If wearing the shield is a problem (I can see how it might be), just attach a handle and carry it. You can have someone perch it on your back for photos, right? Or, alternately, have you tried attaching a thin length of rope of some kind?

Okay, we have three confirmations. I think I'm gonna sign us up soon unless anybody has any serious objections...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:54:58 am by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2010, 07:00:48 pm »
My problem with that site is that I'm not sure if the ears stick on your ears or if they come with a band or something?

Well I haven't messed with my shield past putting on the compressed cardboard thingy- that feels like wood sorta.. The lil loops I put on aren't strong enough and'll break so I'm gonna twist them off. I think if I put on a horizontal foam thing as a handle/loop that'll work for the sheath maybe... and have 2 others for hands... @.@ I dunno.. I'll mess with it when it's not so annoyingly hot.
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2010, 05:53:02 am »
My problem with that site is that I'm not sure if the ears stick on your ears or if they come with a band or something?
The ears are made of latex and they slide over the tops of your ears. They don't cover the ear lobe. This means that there is a seam.  They recommend an ear cuff to hide the seam, but Young Link doesn't wear earrings, and I find my Link wig covers the lower half of the ear, so I wouldn't worry about that.

If you want the ears to stay on extremely well, you can use spirit gum, which they sell for cheap.  Be sure to get the spirit gum remover too, though.  I have, however, worn mine without any kind of adhesive, and they didn't fall off.  Long hair or a wig actually helps a little to keep the ears from falling off, since they'll poke out from beneath the hair.

Well I haven't messed with my shield past putting on the compressed cardboard thingy- that feels like wood sorta.. The lil loops I put on aren't strong enough and'll break so I'm gonna twist them off. I think if I put on a horizontal foam thing as a handle/loop that'll work for the sheath maybe... and have 2 others for hands... @.@ I dunno.. I'll mess with it when it's not so annoyingly hot.

Man, I'm having trouble envisioning it. :/ I hope you can figure it out. Don't fret too much though. Props are always a pain, and though they make for a great photo gimmick, they aren't the most important part of the costume.  If worse comes to worse, I'm sure another OoT Link cosplayer would lend you a shield to pose with at the photoshoot.

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2010, 06:21:28 pm »
Ah, see my head's small when it comes to wigs. The wigs generally have to sit OVER my ears for it to look right. :/ Thus my worry about the ears that have to sit on my ears, though that'd be the best overall effect, but I'm afraid they'd fall off if my wig has to sit over my real ears... @.@

--Yeah don't feel bad. It is hard to invision. I'll get it figured out.
Besides, what's funnier than a giant shield?! XD
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2010, 06:19:49 am »
Okay, I posted requesting that Zelda be listed on Sunday at 12 noon. That doesn't mean we can't ever change it, but I would recommend trying to keep it the same so as not to confuse anybody.

My post in the Super Smash Bros. thread went mostly unnoticed, but nobody objected, so rather than have no Smash Bros. shoot, I'm going to schedule it at 1pm, right after ours, same location. If anybody objects to that, it can always be changed, as long as they get on it soon.

Since I didn't get any feedback for a location, I'm setting it at Pioneer Square.  To be safe, I'm noting that we're going to meet on the 2nd floor balcony above they lobby,10 minutes before the Zelda shoot, and walk together to Pioneer Square. In case of rain, we'll decide on an indoor location and inform the Info Booth of the change.

Hope that sounds good. Let's pray that it either stays totally clear, or is raining from the get-go. I don't like fickle weather.

Ah, see my head's small when it comes to wigs. The wigs generally have to sit OVER my ears for it to look right. :/ Thus my worry about the ears that have to sit on my ears, though that'd be the best overall effect, but I'm afraid they'd fall off if my wig has to sit over my real ears... @.@

--Yeah don't feel bad. It is hard to invision. I'll get it figured out.
Besides, what's funnier than a giant shield?! XD

If you're worried about the ears falling off, get some spirit gum.  That stuff will NOT peel off accidentally.  It's very reliable, and at worst, just a little bit itchy.

You have a problem with wigs being too big?... Man, I have the opposite problem. >_< Most wigs are sized for women, regardless of style, so I have a hard time keeping them on.

One warning: I don't know what your current elf ears are like, but Aradani's are rather light and floppy. They look like real ears when left to stand up on their own, but if you press down on them they are quite flexible.  It doesn't really cause any problems; it just might look funny if you press down on them hard.

What's funnier than a giant shield? I dunno, that could be taken as a challenge. :) But yes, it'll be cute. I take it you're making the shield oversized so it'll make you look smaller?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:59:23 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2010, 05:25:58 pm »
Got it, Pioneer Square but first the 2nd floor Lobby... that's the one that's got the opening above the grand staircase?

I'm looking between both ear sites and at Yaya Han's ears... I'm not sure which I'll get, or if I'll even get them in time for the con x.x; I'm also unsure what style to get for kid Link ears.. Manga OoT and the game are kind of different on what length his ears are ... *grumbles* Some have it horizontally long, some have it mildly long... @.@ Some more rounded and pointing up.

And yeah the shield is in-scale for Kid Link when he's got the Hylian shield in game. So it's probably a bit bigger than most vendors would sell.
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2010, 03:20:19 am »
Got it, Pioneer Square but first the 2nd floor Lobby... that's the one that's got the opening above the grand staircase?

Yes, exactly. And it's the 2nd floor balcony ABOVE the lobby. So just find the 1st floor lobby and go up one floor via the grand staircase. Several of the con's staff tables will probably be there.

I'm looking between both ear sites and at Yaya Han's ears... I'm not sure which I'll get, or if I'll even get them in time for the con x.x; I'm also unsure what style to get for kid Link ears.. Manga OoT and the game are kind of different on what length his ears are ... *grumbles* Some have it horizontally long, some have it mildly long... @.@ Some more rounded and pointing up.

I would recommend Type I, called "Legend Ears." They are modeled after the Legend of Zelda (specifically OoT), hence the name.  They may be a little bit big for Young Link, but they will definitely look good regardless.

And yeah the shield is in-scale for Kid Link when he's got the Hylian shield in game. So it's probably a bit bigger than most vendors would sell.

Great idea. I look forward to seeing it. :)

P.S. - Be careful what shade you get.  While getting Aradani ears I found out that I'm really not as pale as I think I am.  People with "Caucasian" skin tones don't always need the lightest shade available -- it's really pale. Even if you don't have a tan, your skin may be dark enough for the second shade.

If you're not Caucasian, please ignore this, because I have no idea how their darker shades fare. ^^;
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:38:31 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2010, 06:11:24 pm »
*nod* I'm olive skin toned so it might work. Maybe I'll order them sometime this week and get them in time if I'm lucky... I dunno... *sulks a bit* I hate working on budget.
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2010, 02:00:29 am »
*nod* I'm olive skin toned so it might work. Maybe I'll order them sometime this week and get them in time if I'm lucky... I dunno... *sulks a bit* I hate working on budget.
Well, I hope one of their mid-range shades works well for you!  I know olive can sometimes be tough to match.  Or at least so I heard from a friend with such a skin shade.

Working on a budget... I hear ya...

Apollo Justice

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2010, 06:19:59 am »
Okay, the schedule is out.  Just found an unfortunate conflict, ugh.  The cosplay contest costume judging is from noon to 3:30 on Sunday.

I don't know whether people in the contest are required to stay there for that entire time. It certainly doesn't take 3 1/2 hours to judge one cosplay group. Is anybody entering the contest who would like to contribute to the discussion?

Apollo Justice

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2010, 03:46:52 pm »
Aaaaaand I have news to add. Good news.

Remember the Navi pinata we had last year?  Well, we're going to have a Legend of Zelda pinata again this year.  This time, it will be our old friend Tingle. Have you ever wanted to bust Tingle open and see if there's candy inside? Well, now's your chance.

It's still being shipped, but I think I'll have it in time for con. Feel free to make suggestions for Tingle's "innards," as I haven't gotten the candy etc. yet.

It will be coming to us courtesy of Sunnybrook1 (forum name), otherwise known as the "Navi Handler," who unfortunately won't be at the con this year. Sad.

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2010, 12:30:46 pm »
Awww too bad sunny can't come! I can't wait to see this Tingle pinata she made though! ^^

x.x It might be a rehersal for the cosplay contest.... The contest itself is supposed to go from 3-7 on sunday. I've never even heard of the cosplay costume judging before.... @.@; Maybe they decide the winner before the contest this time??

And I'll try to be Link on Sunday! I might end up doing him two days ^^ Depends on how well the shield holds together with it's mountain of duct tape on it... xD;
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:19:50 pm by veraca »
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2010, 05:14:04 pm »
Yeah, I have yet to see it too; I'm quite interested to see what she did. :) It sounds like she made it more elaborate than I'd expected. I would have even been happy with a Tingle-shaped blob, heh.

I can explain about the costume judging.  The judges can't judge the costumes on stage.  While they're offstage, they take the chance to look at the costumes up close to see the detail.  It also gives the cosplayers a chance to show a picture of the character if they have one, so the judges can compare.  After they see all the cosplayers, the judges compare notes and discuss awards. Sometimes the discussion takes them a long time due to the number of cosplayers.

The skits and walk-ons are just a prerequisite. They provide a way to limit the number of entrants and also a way to involve the audience.  If skits and walk-ons weren't required, all the judging could go on offstage.

And of course, judges also give separate awards for the best skits, etc...

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2010, 08:32:59 pm »
The idea of a Tingle pinata makes me happy... That guy drove me to laugh at improper moments in MM haha. He should appear more in the manga!

True, the cosplay contest is pretty much dinner and a show- without the dinner... XD And louder.
I always figured the judges would sit in the front row and judge that way *shrugs*

Woooot! News! I got the shield done! Handle's on there! >3 I'll get a picture of it later tonight. Lil bit of stitching glue, kiddie foam and went a little happy with the duct tape. *giggles like a nerd* "duck tape!"
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2010, 11:12:28 pm »
Okay everybody, got a slight problem to deal with:

It looks like there's an event scheduled for con weekend and Pioneer Square is being rented out.  This means it is probably going to be swamped.  We are being strongly recommended to change the location.  Problem is, I'm not familiar enough with the surrounding area, so I don't know which would be the best alternative.  Any opinions?  This will apply to the Smash Bros. photo shoot as well.

The idea of a Tingle pinata makes me happy... That guy drove me to laugh at improper moments in MM haha. He should appear more in the manga!

Guess you have solidarity with the Japanese audience, because for the most part, Americans hate Tingle. ;)

Regardless, I'm glad you'll enjoy a Tingle pinata.  Then again, if you like Tingle so much, why do you want to smash him to bits?... Do you want revenge for making you laugh?...

True, the cosplay contest is pretty much dinner and a show- without the dinner... XD And louder.
I always figured the judges would sit in the front row and judge that way *shrugs*

I can see how you'd think that.  I suspect the judges sat in a more visible location at smaller cons.  But now that Kumori Con is huge, I don't know where they sit.  I frequently miss the cosplay contest, for that matter.  Don't like cramped audiences.

Woo, duct tape!  I hope your costume comes together perfectly. :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:13:56 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2010, 11:39:26 pm »
I actually like Tingle and Navi. They're fun to mess with. I'd waste a lot of magic and arrows hitting Tingle down from the sky, and keep bugging Navi out of my hat XD; They're fun. And I like going along with playful hate, but not real hate. I'm the person who'll mimic Navi's "hello!" and "hey" cause it's so cute sounding to me.

The Fountain Plaza/Park Blocks where the Vampire Knight shoot was last year is pretty big in size, a little bit farther in walking if I remember right, but it's pretty good. And it has green! :D We could relocate there.
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2010, 07:27:58 pm »
The Fountain Plaza/Park Blocks where the Vampire Knight shoot was last year is pretty big in size, a little bit farther in walking if I remember right, but it's pretty good. And it has green! :D We could relocate there.

I THINK that's where we *tried* to hold the Zelda photo shoot last year. It's nice, indeed, but it started raining right after we got there and we had to run back to the hotel and shove ourselves into a corner.

At Kumori Con, Oregon weather is the cosplayer's archenemy.

I'd be willing to try it again, but we should definitely try to think of options for a Plan B.  If the weather looks blustery, we need a place with some sort of cover.

I actually like Tingle and Navi. They're fun to mess with. I'd waste a lot of magic and arrows hitting Tingle down from the sky, and keep bugging Navi out of my hat XD; They're fun. And I like going along with playful hate, but not real hate. I'm the person who'll mimic Navi's "hello!" and "hey" cause it's so cute sounding to me.

I think most Navi "haters" are like that. If you truly loathe a character, you try to forget they ever existed.  If you're merely annoyed, you make pinatas out of them and have a good laugh. ;)

In truth I really do like the OoT-style fairies, in all their annoying glory.  On the other hand, I do indeed wish Tingle would be limited to a small cameo per game.

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2010, 07:57:36 pm »
:/ Hm well it's pretty limited cause it's a small hotel. We could try going down a floor to that ballroom looking place that has that rolling door that leads out to the dealer's hall line. Same area where the masquerade was.. I dunno what's it called. But it is a big space and generally last year I found a lot of people didn't go down there. And it's big enough for two groups to shoot there if it gets that big :)

I dunno. I had a fangirl moment of "TINGLE!!! <3" and started laughing when I ran into him in Wind Waker for the first time. I'm also the person rooting for Link to find Navi again. *teary eyes* Where'd she go? Back to the DEAD Great Deku Tree?! *bawls*
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2010, 08:13:28 pm »
:/ Hm well it's pretty limited cause it's a small hotel. We could try going down a floor to that ballroom looking place that has that rolling door that leads out to the dealer's hall line. Same area where the masquerade was.. I dunno what's it called. But it is a big space and generally last year I found a lot of people didn't go down there. And it's big enough for two groups to shoot there if it gets that big :)

The ballroom entrance hall in the basement is an okay place for photos, but I'm not sure whether they're allowing photos down there this year.  I know they're clearing the lobby and 2nd floor above the lobby.  I will be sure to ask beforehand so we don't have any surprises.

Last year we posed for photos on the 2nd floor lobby. That isn't going to happen again this year.

I dunno. I had a fangirl moment of "TINGLE!!! <3" and started laughing when I ran into him in Wind Waker for the first time. I'm also the person rooting for Link to find Navi again. *teary eyes* Where'd she go? Back to the DEAD Great Deku Tree?! *bawls*

Tingle's less scary in Wind Waker but you see a LOT more of him.

Yeah, poor dead Deku Tree. :( At least there are still fairies in every Zelda game.  Personally, I miss the Kokiri.

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2010, 09:44:14 pm »
Yeah I remember they didn't like people loitering on the main floor really either...

I miss the Kokiri and the Zoras. Those Zoras in MM were very interesting to me!
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2010, 03:05:35 am »
Yeah I remember they didn't like people loitering on the main floor really either...

Yeah, that's what I was referring to when I said "the lobby."  The entire 1st floor hall across from the check-in counter is the lobby.

I miss the Kokiri and the Zoras. Those Zoras in MM were very interesting to me!

Indeed, it was nice to see a secondary location of some of Hyrule's resident races.  And come to think of it, Zoras can apparently live in both salt water and fresh water. That's certainly not common of fish in the real world.

But getting back to the subject... we really need to pick an alternate location for the shoot.  If we don't, we'll have to decide on the fly when we meet at the hotel.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:35:16 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2010, 10:31:32 am »
if you're talking about the lego event, it's not going to take up the whole square, just part of the middle, people can still hang out there, it's not like it's fenced off or anything, it's a MAJOR hangout spot, everybody in Portland hangs out at the square(or powells) the only time there are fences up around the event in the middle of the square is when the beer festival comes around, and it's not time for that
We might be in luck... That's what my friend Edo told me on another forum... Anyone know anything expanding on it?
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2010, 03:36:59 pm »
if you're talking about the lego event, it's not going to take up the whole square, just part of the middle, people can still hang out there, it's not like it's fenced off or anything, it's a MAJOR hangout spot, everybody in Portland hangs out at the square(or powells) the only time there are fences up around the event in the middle of the square is when the beer festival comes around, and it's not time for that
We might be in luck... That's what my friend Edo told me on another forum... Anyone know anything expanding on it?

Dude, it's a LEGO event?  :o  And it's not fenced off??  Now I WANT to go there, if only briefly!

Well then... perhaps we can still tentatively plan on Pioneer Square.  But the problem is the Smash Bros. photo shoot.  How will they meet us if they don't know where we are?

I suspect we will be relying on the whiteboard schedule at info booth for this photo shoot.

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2010, 04:11:51 pm »
I think Edo meant "logo" XD But Lego sounds cool too, no? lol! I dunno, but she lives in Portland so I'm curious as to how big of a crowd it might attract...

Quite possible, with the whiteboard... I wonder if others are looking at this enough to actually realize the location's being messed with cause of the event @.@

If they're not, what do you plan to do? Just meet at the 2nd floor Lobby or something and move from there?
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2010, 05:08:48 pm »
I think Edo meant "logo" XD But Lego sounds cool too, no? lol! I dunno, but she lives in Portland so I'm curious as to how big of a crowd it might attract...

But... "logo?" What does that mean?  I don't know of a company called "logo."  And there really is a Lego convention in Oregon. I think it's in Portland.  Last year it conflicted with one of the cons, I forget which. Mighta been Kumori Con. :)

Quite possible, with the whiteboard... I wonder if others are looking at this enough to actually realize the location's being messed with cause of the event @.@

If they're not, what do you plan to do? Just meet at the 2nd floor Lobby or something and move from there?

Yep, pretty much.  I'm afraid if people don't know to ask at Info Booth when they're unsure of something, there's not much else we can do for them.  Info Booth is an important part of con survival 101.

I'm not terribly worried about Zelda cosplayers finding the photo shoot, because yes, we'll meet at the 2nd floor lobby and walk to location.  I'm more worried about the Smash Bros. group finding us if the location changes.

I'm fine with trying to hold it in Pioneer Square, I'm just antsy about trusting word-of-mouth.  I hope your friend Edo is correct.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 05:09:53 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2010, 07:42:58 pm »
True enough. Worship the info booth!

I'm more worried about just how crowded the square'll be if there is an event going on there >.<
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2010, 08:19:22 am »
Okay, I've got an alternative suggestion courtesy of the photo shoot thread:

How about the South Park Blocks?  They're pretty close. Here's a map with walking directions on Google Maps.

http://tinyurl.com/2a95hz9

Just a short few blocks on foot.  Perhaps we could use it as our new location? Or at least a plan B?...

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2010, 01:13:45 pm »
That looks good and according to Google there's a lot of them... Whereas there's only a small amount for Director's Park.
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2010, 08:45:25 am »
Okay, great. Any objections? I think we're coming upon the deadline for photo shoot changes. If we've missed it, we'll have to whiteboard it at the convention.

P.S. - Looks like it is indeed a Lego event going on at Pioneer Square... Check 9/3-9/5.
http://www.pioneercourthousesquare.org/calendar_september.htm
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 11:54:58 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2010, 11:58:22 pm »
HA!!! So Edo was right!

So to double check we're meeting AT the 2nd floor at the top of the stairs? Or at the park?
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2010, 12:41:31 am »
HA!!! So Edo was right!

So to double check we're meeting AT the 2nd floor at the top of the stairs? Or at the park?

We'll meet at the 2nd floor across from the top of the stairs (far enough away so we don't block them).

I'm just talking about changing the location we walk to, since that's important for latecomers and also the Smash Bros. photo shoot.

And yes, Edo was sorta right, but he misheard "Logo" I guess.

Apollo Justice

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2010, 09:50:33 pm »
Today's the deadline for changing our information, so I'm going to go ahead and say we're still meeting at the 2nd lobby, but we'll be walking to the South Park Blocks.

If there's a problem with that, we can always shift plans on-site. But right now it's just important to get it all set for the Info Booth.

Apollo Justice

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2010, 05:43:56 pm »
Just wanted to post to say that I will have 6+ new props for this con.  More, if you count the stuff  that was new at Sakura Con. Several of the props are part of a big Majora's Mask reference. Mwaha.

Also, I bought some candy for the Tingle pinata. Will probably get some more stuff to put into it before it is burst open.

Apollo Justice

Offline Sunnybrook1

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Sunnybrook's dA Account
Tingle Pinata Pics
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2010, 07:52:27 pm »
Hey guys, hope the photoshoot went alright & you enjoyed the Tingle Pinata - here are some pics I took before sending it -> http://sunnybrook1.deviantart.com/art/Tingle-Pinata-178109740

And if you happened to take any pictures of it after he was filled/hung/broken, I'd love to see them!  ;D

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2010, 10:40:02 pm »
Hey Sunnybrook, I already sent you a text about this, but I'll explain it here for everybody else's benefit.

I did indeed get the pinata, and it's pretty awesome. Sunnybrook, you really outdid yourself with this one, and I felt hesitant about the idea of taking a stick to Tingle and breaking him.

However, at the con I had a problem. You see, I've been recovering from a medical episode earlier this year and I tire really easily. It seems I underestimated just how much the convention would tire me out. On Sunday, I overslept by two hours through two different alarms and missed the photo shoot. :(  I never thought it would be possible since I theoretically gave myself enough time for a full night's sleep.

I feel really bad about it and I want to apologize to anybody who tried to come.  In a way I'm happy that anybody tried to come at all, though, since I wanted you all to enjoy yourselves regardless of whether I was there.

The good side is that maybe we can do it sometime when Sunnybrook is around to enjoy it too.

Apollo Justice

Offline Sunnybrook1

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Sunnybrook's dA Account
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2010, 11:24:35 pm »
Whaaah, sad to hear it, hope you're feeling better!  :(

But oh well, you can still bring it next year, or to Sakuracon - I'll make a new one for next year, if people bug me enough...  ;)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2010, 12:10:32 am »
Whaaah, sad to hear it, hope you're feeling better!  :(

Thank you... I am recovering slowly, but the fact that I was able to all the driving and didn't need an assistant/escort at the con means everything is going really well. :)

But oh well, you can still bring it next year, or to Sakuracon - I'll make a new one for next year, if people bug me enough...  ;)

I know you already offered to make me a smaller Tingle, but I'm not sure why!  After all you didn't do anything wrong by doing TOO good a job the first time. :)  If you truly want Tingle to be at the wrong end of a whacking stick, I'll definitely do it at Sakura or Kumori Con in 2011!  I just think your skills have far exceeded what is necessary for a pinata. :D

Apollo Justice

Offline Crimsonwolftribe

• Cabbit
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2011, 08:17:39 pm »
Hi everyone i also started a post: Legend Of Zelda Meet Up 2011 so we can all do a photo shoot and just hang out and make friends. If you all could post there and let me know if you interested in meeting up that would be awesome thanks everyone i look forward to talking and meeting you all.
Day One: Legend Of Zelda OOT Link
Day Two: Mori Ouran high school host club/Legend Of Zelda OOT Link
Day Three: Legend Of Zelda OOT Link