Author Topic: Pandora Hearts Cosplay Weapons Help  (Read 6203 times)

Offline Figgles

• Chibi
    • Figgles Deviant Page
Pandora Hearts Cosplay Weapons Help
« on: September 30, 2009, 08:13:11 pm »
I'm thinking about making cosplay weapons for me and a friend for our cosplays, but I'm having problems figuring out what to do.

I'm going to be going as Oz Vessalius and I'm going to be making a scythe(Chapter 37) for my weapon. I'm pretty sure I can make this one without to much trouble, but any help will be appreciated.

The other weapon I'm thinking of making is Gilbert Nightray's Gun. Problem? I've never made anything past a keyblade. >< I don't even know where to start for making this. Anyone have an tutorials or advice for this? Also, I'm trying to find a good picture of his gun to help me as well.

Any help for all of this is greatly appreciated. ^^

Oz's Scythe http://www.onemanga.com/Pandora_Hearts/37/46/ (Center of Page)
Gilberts Gun http://www.onemanga.com/Pandora_Hearts/6/05/ (Top Left Corner)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:32:42 pm by Figgles »
Cosplay '14: Elliot Nightray(Pandora Hearts), Aoba Seragaki(DMMd), Karkat(Homestuck), Aelita(Code Lyoko), and Oz Vessalius(Pandora Hearts)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: Pandora Hearts Cosplay Weapons Help
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:38:16 pm »
Reference pictures and I will try to help you~
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Figgles

• Chibi
    • Figgles Deviant Page
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 08:55:09 pm »
Okay. I'll have them posted up on the first post in just a moment. ^^

EDIT: Added pictures now. ^^
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:05:36 pm by Figgles »
Cosplay '14: Elliot Nightray(Pandora Hearts), Aoba Seragaki(DMMd), Karkat(Homestuck), Aelita(Code Lyoko), and Oz Vessalius(Pandora Hearts)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 09:21:34 pm »
I don't see the gun.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Figgles

• Chibi
    • Figgles Deviant Page
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 09:32:05 pm »
I don't see the gun.
Sorry, wrong image. It'll be fixed now. xD

Offline Aero

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 05:55:31 am »
My best friend who is cosplaying Alice is making the Scythe as well. I'd advise not to make the Scythe out of foam, that doesn't usually work too well. :x

The gun, geeze.. I'd say if worse comes to worse, go to a party store and see about buying a decently detailed gun, and painting it. I'm not sure how that'll work out but it's worth a try, if you run out of other ideas.
CREATER OF T.P.C. COSPLAY GROUP - Based in Gresham , wanna join ? Pm me . 8D
Alois is set for Sakura-con !!! HUZZZAH !

Offline Figgles

• Chibi
    • Figgles Deviant Page
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 03:21:50 pm »
My best friend who is cosplaying Alice is making the Scythe as well. I'd advise not to make the Scythe out of foam, that doesn't usually work too well. :x

The gun, geeze.. I'd say if worse comes to worse, go to a party store and see about buying a decently detailed gun, and painting it. I'm not sure how that'll work out but it's worth a try, if you run out of other ideas.

As for the scythe, I'm thinking about making it out of wood. xD I'm pretty good at making stuff like that out of wood. The only part I have to figure out is a way to detatch the handle to actually get it to fit into my car, getting it into the hotel room, and seeing how it will work going down and up elevators. xD I might end up taking the stairs with that whole thing. Looking at pictures, if I want to be as accurate as I can, the handle part needs to be at least as tall as me and then the scythe above that. That gives me close to a seven foot weapon. xD

As for the gun, I didn't even think about using a prop gun. I have a party store near where I leave and the halloween stuff will be coming out soon. I might go investigate and see what they have available and take a picture with me to the store to see what I can find that looks as close to his gun. ^^

I'm also going to be asking a grandparent about making these things out of wood. Mainly about how to break apart a weapon to travel and connect it back to carry.

Offline Aero

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 03:48:55 pm »
Oh, about detaching the scythe, me and my sister just talked about a Pit cosplay(how to make his sword/bow detachable.), You could use some sort of... I want to say pvc pipe but I don't think it's work especially because of the way the scythe looks... Anyways. You could take a big pipe and a small pipe, so one could slide into the other and look like one big weapon, yet be in two pieces when need be, and attach a clip of some sort, so it wouldn't fall apart. I'm not sure exactly how you'd work this out but it's just an idea.

Uwwaaagh. I'm a weapon idea failure. xD

Oh, if you're in the gresham area, you could check out the SPIRIT store they have some good guns, sometimes.
CREATER OF T.P.C. COSPLAY GROUP - Based in Gresham , wanna join ? Pm me . 8D
Alois is set for Sakura-con !!! HUZZZAH !

Offline Figgles

• Chibi
    • Figgles Deviant Page
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 08:15:14 pm »
I'll look into that idea for the scythe. I'm not sure how well that will work since I was going to make it all out of wood somehow. I'm going to converse with my Grandfather who is good at wood work this next week and see what his thoughts are one it. He might have a good idea on how to make it work. He's built all sorts of stuff from wood including a huge wooden play train for little kids. ^^ It was epic looking and I almost jumped into it. xD

As for the gun, I live in the Eugene/Springfield area so I'm only close to a place called Party City. I'm not sure what they have, but online it didn't look very promising. I'm hoping to go and check them out here soon.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 10:11:47 pm »
I got busy but I will reply to this now.
The scythe reminds me of one a bro of mine made: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2233479/. If you ask her nicely she could probably tell you what she used to make it. She goes by Shiname_Panda on the forums here.

Fer the gun, that could easily be modified using a prop gun as someone has said. I got some cheapo cap guns at Fred Myers one day that almost look like that. I'm pretty sure they are around everywhere and you could saw off the barrel and attach a new one made of pvc pipe or something to look more accurate. Hope that helps some.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music