Author Topic: Favorite event/panel from Kumoricon 08'?  (Read 7080 times)

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
Favorite event/panel from Kumoricon 08'?
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:11:24 am »
As I was writing my several thousand word con report (which I'll bring online tomorrow), I decided my favorite event was the Fangirl/boy Anonymous panel. Even though it was sort of yaoi-centric, and I'm a yuri-loving male, it was loads of fun. It also housed two of my favorite moments from the convention. One was Jun appearing amongst the bishoujos on the Powerpoint Projection, and by accident, at that. The second was witnessing the room full of yaoi fangirls cheer because of two girls kissing, who happened to be dressed as male characters. My mind almost exploded in trying to figure out whether or not the entire room turned into yuri-lovers for a brief, magical moment. The stories were awesome too, and I don't think there was a single bad/boring one. I do apologize for speaking too closely into the mic while giving my story, though. I promise I'll do better next time.

My second favorite would have to be Anime Hunters, followed by Anime That Scarred Me For Life, followed by the Yuri panel. Either way, lots of great stuff this year, and I hope to see it all making a comeback next year.

Although it wasn't an event/panel, my favorite part of the convention this year was hanging out with people. This is the first convention where I've really had people to hang out with, and was actually able to make a lot of new friends. My first convention, I didn't even get a hug. Second convention, I hung out with one girl for a couple hours, and that was all. Third convention, I was able to hang out with an awesome group of people all night at an unofficial panel, as well as chat with some awesome folk that were in line, but still not a lot of social contact. This year, I probably spent half the con hanging out and having a great time with people I know, people I had met during the con, and chatting with random people. My only regret is that I didn't collect enough email addresses from the people I had just met. But hopefully, I'll see them again next year.
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
Re: Favorite event/panel from Kumoricon 08'?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 11:35:04 am »
My second favorite would have to be Anime Hunters, followed by Anime That Scarred Me For Life, followed by the Yuri panel. Either way, lots of great stuff this year, and I hope to see it all making a comeback next year.

Aw *blush* thanks for including the Yuri panel. I really had a lot of fun with that group, even if my face was as red as a tomato. (public speaking geesh!) Hopefully *fingers crossed* I will run yuri again next year.
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 11:43:00 am »

Aw *blush* thanks for including the Yuri panel. I really had a lot of fun with that group, even if my face was as red as a tomato. (public speaking geesh!) Hopefully *fingers crossed* I will run yuri again next year.

I'll look forward to it. It really was a great panel. I've started watching Strawberry Panic now, and Stainless Night was probably the best yuri-hentai I've ever seen. The powerpoint was pretty awesome, too.
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 06:04:43 pm »
Your post reminds me of Melchizedek's sig:
Yaoi crossplay.....is really Yuri.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Yatta Dante

• Cabbit
    • Yatta Dante MySpace
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 08:34:03 pm »

I'm glad you enjoyed our panel.  It's a shame we forgot Episode 3, though.
~Dane/Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline Mecha Mecha Media

• Sailor Scout
    • Mecha Mecha Media
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 09:07:14 pm »
I didn't go to a lot of panels, but I was surprised at how many people attended the Dark Horse panel. It was standing room only! And people asked some very good questions...

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 10:18:54 pm »
My favorite panel was the forum meet up panel! Lots of action and it was great to see all the forum goers

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 11:30:26 pm »
My favorite panel was the forum meet up panel! Lots of action and it was great to see all the forum goers except DancingTofu
YEAH REALLY.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 11:50:03 pm »
My favorite panel was the forum meet up panel! Lots of action and it was great to see all the forum goers except DancingTofu
YEAH REALLY.

Yeah thanks a lot jerk

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 02:49:35 am »
Mine was the Fanfiction Bedtime Stories! Gotta love the crack that comes out of there...and the EPIC AWESOME in all shapes and sizes.

Offline SpearXXI

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 03:55:20 am »
Hmm, well I ended up missing a bunch of panels, due to bad planning (my first con), and I only saw a hand full of panels. The panels I found most interesting was the Dark Horse, Pocky, and Religion in Anime Panels. However, I enjoyed all the panels I went to in total. lol
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:55:54 am by SpearXXI »

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 04:04:50 am »
As panels staff I saw lots of panels but my favorite was the Forum meet up because it was the most interactive.  However I did miss some, I liked the religion in anime panel last year but missed it this year.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 01:18:26 pm »
Story Story Die, Scenes From a Hat, Kirk Thornton's panel and Fanfiction Bedtime.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 01:19:03 pm by PaladinCecil79 »

oslapedo

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 07:21:17 pm »
Forum Meet up was epic win. Easily the best panel ever. My second favorite panel was the Pirates vs Ninja, I didn't know it would be a dance off but it was so amazing!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 08:02:18 pm »
Story Story Die, Scenes From a Hat, Kirk Thornton's panel and Fanfiction Bedtime.

That would be Fanfiction Bedtime Stories....including Fanfic Theatre :)

I also enjoyed a panel I co-hosted (Religion in Anime and Manga) and the only panel I've gone to in years just for me just for fun (and the best-titled ever): I'd Just As Soon Kiss A Wookie: A Star Wars Panel :)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 10:47:56 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 09:29:41 pm »
YEAH REALLY.

Yeah thanks a lot jerk
I had a tournament to run. :[
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline sailorspazz

• Cabbit
    • http://www.geocities.com/sailorspazz
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 02:50:40 pm »
The Lupin III/Bo Bo Bo outtakes panel was hilarious.  One of the voice actors from the shows played a bunch of outtakes from when the shows were being dubbed, and most were hilariously inappropriate  ;)

Offline Acheron

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 03:36:43 pm »
The Fangirl/boy Anon panel was easily my favorite. :D I didn't even mind being interrupted in the middle of my fangirl story by the Axel/Roxas yuri. Which was awesome. BEST PART OF THE PANEL.

Oh, speaking of which, I'm sorry for telling my stupid story two years in a row, I swear I'll have a better one next year! It may involve tigers, zombies and/or robots.

I've heard the forum meet-up panel was a lot of fun, so I'm trying to be on here more so that I can enjoy it next year. ^^;;
Kumoricon 2014:

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 04:22:48 pm »
I had so much fun running Anime that scarred me for life again this year. really gotta thank the guy sitting there with his computer taking notes of all the shows mentioned
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline flash15

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 08:52:51 pm »
The Lupin III/Bo Bo Bo outtakes panel was hilarious.  One of the voice actors from the shows played a bunch of outtakes from when the shows were being dubbed, and most were hilariously inappropriate  ;)

I really liked this one too, even if there were not a lot of people there, it made my night.

I would have to say the Sake/ Japanese Beer tasting one because, well, it was sake and beer tasting.  Interesting and really good information given at the same time as well! 

And the L v Kira debate was a lot of fun.  Mostly because I was on the L side and we WON!  Sweetness.  Even got me an L badge.  Woot.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 08:55:44 pm »
I went to about two panels, but the forum meetup panel was really fun. ^^
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 08:25:35 am »
Anime conventions for Parents, or what ever the name was. It was just fun seeing how the parents of various attentees reacted to the convention and some of our more bizarre traditions.
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 10:04:53 am »
Anime conventions for Parents, or what ever the name was. It was just fun seeing how the parents of various attentees reacted to the convention and some of our more bizarre traditions.
Darn, I totally missed that one
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 10:52:53 am »

Thanks for your help :)  It was handy having a second viewpoint there.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 11:51:27 am »

Thanks for your help :)  It was handy having a second viewpoint there.

this year was a blast wish i could have stayed to the end. next year, your mom needs to be in that panel. or some parents helping other parents 'cope' with con life and recommendations.

also the Sake panel was a close second.
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 05:24:56 pm »
I had so much fun at Anime Jeopardy. I came in 2nd, but I did great- and that's what counts in the end.

The You Dub panel was fun. I got to do a few Ichigo lines, and well- my Ichigo sounds akin to that of the late Phil Hartman. :D

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 05:30:23 pm »
I liked the slightly anime dating game....the forum meet up panel and of course the cosplay chess XD

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 09:28:13 am »
I liked the forum meet up and cosplay chess was really fun to watch.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 08:10:06 pm »
Forum meet-up panel and host club tea party fo' sho'.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 10:30:15 am »
I only attended two panels, but next year I'll try more. :) The forum meetup was fun, nice being able to actually see the people we've only talked to online until then!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 01:16:19 pm »
o.o I forgot about the tea party, that was a lot of fun too..