Author Topic: Mewcon - new Year eve convention  (Read 70007 times)

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
Re: Mewcon - new Year eve convention
« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2010, 11:30:50 am »

Swimsuit Contest: First Day

Well Damn. I am so entering this. The only question: Is it a cosplay swimsuit contest or not?
o
I believe it's a costume swimsuit contest, since you have do all of this. (quote from the website)
Come see amazing women and men compete for your love and adoration in their wonderful and pleasing anime,sci-fi,fantasy, video game, etc. Inspired cosplay swimsuits! The event will be 3 rounds, all rounds are to be in character.
Round 1 will be be posing and introductions, give the audience a little about your self.
Round 2 will be talents.
Round 3: Q&A

After all rounds are complete we will have 2 winners the crowd favorite and the judges pick will get $40 prizes each! To sign up go to the forums and contact Hentai Cupcake. Under panels and events or sign up before the event in person at the con

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2010, 11:32:53 am »
Oh if anybody wants to see what the con hotel looks like. I found a link to their gallery of the hotel.
http://www.sheratonportlandairport.com/gallery

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #252 on: December 20, 2010, 11:34:46 am »
Wait so there is a pre-reg day?

It seems like it, me and Shay might go in normal cothing to check out the hotel.

HA, YEAH RIGHT.
I'LL WEAR SOMETHING MOE MOE KAWAII DESUUUU

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2010, 12:04:12 pm »
I'll see if I can go too :D
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #254 on: December 20, 2010, 12:20:22 pm »
I made this layout sorry about the quailty. XP But it should give you an idea of where things are.

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2010, 01:24:46 pm »
Just a few notes:
As far as I know, the garden courtyard will be open, if its nice weather. I'll have to look at the hotel more. But its just a little courtyard with a bench and some trees.

And the PDX room, is where the lost and found will be.

Also, the room in front of the exhibitors hall was going to be table top games right?

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2010, 03:05:12 pm »
Just a few notes:
As far as I know, the garden courtyard will be open, if its nice weather. I'll have to look at the hotel more. But its just a little courtyard with a bench and some trees.

And the PDX room, is where the lost and found will be.

Also, the room in front of the exhibitors hall was going to be table top games right?
The PDX is gonna be the green room and staff area. Because it's the only place with a cooking space and enough room for guests to store their things and get changed. The courtyard is closed because their fixing it up and don't want people going in. Atleast that's what the hotel told us, they said it wouldn't be opent till next year. Which then we could use it. Unless this has been changed recently. ^-^
As far a table top I don't know about that I thought it was gonna be in panel 3, that's something we'll need to find out so I can fix the layout.

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #257 on: December 20, 2010, 03:20:52 pm »
I thought the green room was going to be on the second floor.
The PDX room doesn't have a kitchen, it has a big meeting table.
And at the walk through last month, I could of sworn they said the courtyard would be open by the con. But, its not that big of a deal as it'd just be a chill out space.

You might want to get Admin to look over the layout if you haven't already.
Its been a while since I talked to her about it, things may have changed.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2010, 08:29:50 pm »
Hmm I I’ll email her, because I could have sworn the PDX was the green room. But you could be right; all I know is 105 is the room for food lol. I'll send her my layout and let her go over it. It's nothing official I just wanted to give a basic outline.

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #259 on: December 20, 2010, 08:47:30 pm »
Ya, don't take anything I say as law. But if i remember correctly from the walk through last month, the pdx room has a shower/bathroom. A conference table, and a seating area, not a kitchen or anything like that. {Its a board room}

However I was told specifically that that would be the Ops office {along with some storage} and the lost & found.
It might be a combination of everything....

Anyways, con needs to come faster :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:48:10 pm by LexManos »

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2010, 08:54:06 pm »
Ya, don't take anything I say as law. But if i remember correctly from the walk through last month, the pdx room has a shower/bathroom. A conference table, and a seating area, not a kitchen or anything like that. {Its a board room}

However I was told specifically that that would be the Ops office {along with some storage} and the lost & found.
It might be a combination of everything....

Anyways, con needs to come faster :P
no no It's good that somebody told me. I mean I rather be wrong and change it sooner rather than before the con lol. XD

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #261 on: December 21, 2010, 12:46:05 am »
Planning on drinking and partying New Year's Night?  Good news!  My band, Digital Dreamcore, will be on stage day 2 a little before noon to rock the hangover out of you! 
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2010, 02:43:48 am »
Planning on drinking and partying New Year's Night?  Good news!  My band, Digital Dreamcore, will be on stage day 2 a little before noon to rock the hangover out of you! 
You will be loved! ;D
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #263 on: December 27, 2010, 09:36:07 am »

Aw,  sad face!! I'll be working Kumori's table, so I cant watch. It'll be cool though, I'm sure of it!!
Part of DoNotWant and RPOD

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #264 on: December 27, 2010, 09:37:58 pm »
So I'm a little bit confused on the process about getting under 17's into the con.

For instance, my brother, who is 15.
I'm 17 and have an AA table. We have a family friend who is 19, can he be my brother's guardian? Is there a specific form that my mom needs to fill out to prove that she approves? Our family friend will be with him the whole time, so there's no worry about that.
Basically I want to make this as problem-free as possible.

Also I asked about IDs before and got a little bit confused.
In order to get in, you said you need to have an ID with birth date on it. I don't have a driver's license or permit, the only state-issued ID that I have is my passport, which I'm not sure bringing to a convention is a good idea. I have my school's student ID which says I'm a senior, but that doesn't have my birth date.
I have other alternatives, for instance my class schedule has my birth date AND address on it as well as my full name, could that possibly work?
Like I said, I want as few problems as possible when it comes to registration.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #265 on: December 27, 2010, 09:47:25 pm »
@fleur: from my experience with the Kumoricon's Registration ID information, I know that your school ID is a good thing to show, and to verify that that is your name and we have somewhere where your age is, yes, a school issued schedule, that shows your school ID number, your name, birthdate can work. because 1) it's from your school and it IS issued by the state 2) it has your full name, birthdate, and since you have your school ID to make sure that information is yours and that face is yours, then yes it is viable proof.

about your 15 year old brother coming in with a family friend that is 19 and has permission from your parents, yes she can be his guardian. All you have to do is get a paper signed by your mother saying that "I give ______,permission to be my son's/daughter's, _______, guardian for the whole duration of MEWcon. signed_____." something like that. and of course date it as well.
ALSO the guardian must show his/her ID as well to make sure that they are over 18 and all that stuff :)

hope that helps!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #266 on: December 27, 2010, 09:52:11 pm »
Thank you, that is extremely helpful!
I actually right in front of me have my Oregon Transcript from my school, and it has my birth date and full name on it. That should work too, right?

Sorry if I'm asking silly questions, I've had to deal with getting my passport and going to the DMV, and I am not going to be turned away for having the wrong form haha.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2010, 02:58:49 am »
LOL yea i know how THAT feels ._. first time i tried to get my passport ended up having to drive back home and get some more forms -.-

but yes any state official type paper that has your birthdate and full name is a GOOD thing to bring, and NOT copies of them btw! just letting you know, cuz copies are considered not viable cuz of the high risk of it being forged/fake etc.

as long as you have 1) a school and/or state issued ID with your full name and face AND 2) a state official paper with your birthdate AND full name, then you are good to go. cuz i had that problem happen 3 or so times at kumoricon and as long as you have those 2 if you have no ID that has your birthdate on it, then yes, that is the best you can do.

bringing your passport should be a crime to carry to these places! D: worst place to get it stolen/lost oh the many possibilities of getting identity theft >.<

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2010, 01:07:58 pm »
bringing your passport should be a crime to carry to these places! D: worst place to get it stolen/lost oh the many possibilities of getting identity theft >.<

I just think it's illogical.  If you're not traveling internationally, then you should leave international ID at home.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2010, 10:07:08 pm »
exactly! unless you are like me and are SUPER weird about having a passport to get into a convention just cuz you have NO other id at the time XD but i keep it locked in a safe in the hotel room, so that's good =w=

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2010, 10:26:53 pm »
God yeah if I had to bring my passport I would have been really mad.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #271 on: December 28, 2010, 11:22:58 pm »
i keep it locked in a safe in the hotel room, so that's good =w=

That'd be a good move to make, I suppose.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #272 on: December 29, 2010, 12:51:54 am »
Damn...I'm not taking my permit test this week, so I need to find another ID thing......Crap....
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #273 on: December 29, 2010, 04:33:24 am »
Update: Floor Plan

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #274 on: December 29, 2010, 09:44:50 am »
Well, it's good to see that the minors don't need a guardian to go with them to the bathrooms.  ;D

Thanks for the update!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #275 on: December 29, 2010, 11:18:58 am »
Damn...I'm not taking my permit test this week, so I need to find another ID thing......Crap....
On the last page we just had a big conversation about it, if you have a school report card or transcript with your name and birth date as well as your student id from the same school, that should work.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #276 on: December 29, 2010, 09:25:54 pm »
So here is just a little taste what kind of prizes we will have. Most of these alone are for the costume contest, and more are prizes are still being added for other contests!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #277 on: December 30, 2010, 12:24:06 pm »
GUYS, THIS IS TOMORROW.
I need to pack and finish my cosplay, ahhhh

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #278 on: December 30, 2010, 01:10:49 pm »
The prizes for the art contest are donated by Copic. There are color posters, elaborate inked art, possibly some markers and ink pens (I have to see what's left from OryCon), magazines about how to color comics using Photoshop, and a travel wallet for the markers (very nice).

Art can be hand-made or digital, can be any medium, and can be made on-site or brought to con. (Or printed there, if you find a way to print in the Sheraton's business office for hotel guests.)

Art may be turned in in the Workshop room at the start of the Lovecraft fan film screening (10pm Saturday), or may be brought to the Workshop room during the scheduled time for the contest: 5:45p-6:45p Sunday. Judging will be at 6:45pm Sunday with prizes at 7pm Sunday. You don't need to be present to win, but I can't guarantee knowing how to reach you to get a prize to you if you're not there...if you include contact info with your submission(s), I'll try.

Entries may be up to R rated.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #279 on: December 30, 2010, 01:43:28 pm »
GUYS, THIS IS TOMORROW.
OH GOD DONT EVEN SAY THAT
so much to do
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #280 on: December 30, 2010, 02:21:36 pm »
All that I need to do is get some medical tape to wrap around my head.  I'm planning on going as a young, semi-formal version of Mr. Boddy, and I'm planning on wrapping my head up as if though someone hit me with a wrench.  (I even have a wrench to go with it).

oslapedo

« Reply #281 on: December 30, 2010, 04:33:57 pm »
What is the art contest theme? Or is it just a free for all, draw whatever?

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #282 on: December 30, 2010, 05:18:59 pm »
I do not think I will be cosprayin'. Or stayin' long. But I'll still be there for a bit on Day 2.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #283 on: December 30, 2010, 09:26:45 pm »
The art contest is wide open. Any original art and any fan creation, in any medium, up to an R rating. However, art that ties in with any MEW Con panels run by Creation Station will get special consideration. Thus that would include any illustrated fanfic or doujinshi; collages; bookmarks; cosplay photography; anything made with Copic ink pens, manga, or manga paper; fan films, or anything evocative of Lovecraft or of ghost stories; or anything related to the fandoms regarding which we have panels/meetups: Doctor Who, Harry Potter, and the Whedonverse: Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Serenity, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2010, 11:09:32 pm »
GUYS, THIS IS TOMORROW.
so much to do
I STILL NEED TO PACK AND FINISH STUFF, BLEHHH

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #285 on: December 31, 2010, 12:45:04 am »
GUYS, THIS IS TOMORROW.
so much to do
I STILL NEED TO PACK AND FINISH STUFF, BLEHHH
I DIDNT GET MY AA STUFF ALL DONE D: oh well. I got all day at a table to work on more xD

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #286 on: December 31, 2010, 11:52:18 am »
I'm pretty much packed~
We'll get there around 2-3 :>>

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #287 on: January 02, 2011, 01:36:00 am »
Raise your hand if you're at MEW or just got back and think you could sleep for a few days straight...  ;)

*raises hand*
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #288 on: January 02, 2011, 02:17:03 am »
still at MEW and i lost track of time and is just @.@ x.x

i was the sakura (street fighter) today

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #289 on: January 02, 2011, 09:09:22 am »
TAKING A BREAK AT HOME REAL QUICK BEFORE THE FINAL DAY OF MEW

It was fooking awesome this year bb

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #290 on: January 02, 2011, 02:37:09 pm »
For my first mewcon, I had fun! Though me as my cheetah girl really made me rethink my Ivy cosplay idea. I sadly think I creeped out more people than made friends, but I had fun still.

Though who ever gave me their hangover Saturday morning was evil. XD
Part of DoNotWant and RPOD

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #291 on: January 02, 2011, 03:25:54 pm »
I left the con crying. ; n ;
I'm going to miss everyone...

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #292 on: January 02, 2011, 05:39:32 pm »
For my first mewcon, I had fun! Though me as my cheetah girl really made me rethink my Ivy cosplay idea. I sadly think I creeped out more people than made friends, but I had fun still.

Though who ever gave me their hangover Saturday morning was evil. XD
Were you at the anime dating game? >3>

For the several hours that I was there only yesterday, I had quite the time. My first year being there, I didn't complain about anything. I don't understand why some people did. I mean I wasn't planning on coming at first but it was still really fun. I wish I would have gotten to see more people and hang with them more but I still had a good time.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #293 on: January 02, 2011, 06:05:35 pm »
still at MEW and i lost track of time and is just @.@ x.x

i was the sakura (street fighter) today

I just got the Arcade room, and am about to ask you about my clipboard.  It was really fun playing the corpse, especially since people were violating my body (at least most of it...).

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #294 on: January 02, 2011, 08:18:14 pm »
Raise your hand if you're at MEW or just got back and think you could sleep for a few days straight...  ;)

*raises hand*
Yes. Sadly there is school D:

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 03, 2011, 12:24:44 am »
I got back today, and had a blast at Mew. ^^

Anyone have any pic's yet? ;c;

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #296 on: January 03, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »
I had a wonderful time. For those on the MEW forums, I posted my con report :D

<EDIT> *reads random's post* *raises hand* *yawns at work*
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:53:17 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #297 on: January 03, 2011, 04:59:26 pm »
It was great at Mew con I had fun and met alot of cool ppl.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #298 on: January 03, 2011, 06:45:22 pm »
^ Same here.

If there's still a MEWcon next year, I think I'll be coming back, but this time (possibly) as an attendee!

Offline Kadaj

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #299 on: January 04, 2011, 03:23:27 am »
-clings to Mewcon- Don't jinx it! There will be another Mewcon! I demand it in the name of Inu! I will die without my awesome Chillcon! It must live on and make awesomeness more awesome!

Anyways, as you can see above, I love Mewcon! I have worked security for all three years and I have enjoyed it every year. I have my fingers crossed for next year! -crosses fingers- I must have my Mew fix or die!