Author Topic: Wig Rage  (Read 4745 times)

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
Wig Rage
« on: June 29, 2007, 09:15:13 pm »
So trying to save a little money (and more importantly not wanting to pay shipping form more than one site) i bought a batch of base wigs from cosworx instead of amphigory.  

lemme just say i don't think i will be doing that again.  its not that i find the cosworx wigs to be bad,  but the $6 difference between similar looking wigs (you can only tell so much online) turned out to be a whole lot more than i figured it would be.  i should have known better when they didn't include the fiber content of the wig.  and to top it all off they forgot to send me the party color wig caps that were in my order. le sigh.

has anyone else bought from both these sites?  i feel a little dissapointed in myself for wanting to save like 40 bucks on my order.

one good thing is i found a place in town that has kenekalon braiding fiber in party colors so i didnt have to order them from doctored locks...i hate paying for shipping.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
Wig Rage
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 08:21:29 am »
Would you mind sharing the name of that place? :3

I've bought a wig from e-bay before. It was nice, but died rather quickly. :/

I was thinking about buying a short blond wig from Cosworx, but if I can buy one in Oregon, I'd do it. :3

Offline BlitzAceTidus

• Sailor Scout
    • BATCosplay.com
Wig Rage
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 10:50:42 am »
Quote from: "totemo_oishii"

I was thinking about buying a short blond wig from Cosworx, but if I can buy one in Oregon, I'd do it. :3

where in oregon do you live? Theres a wig shop in Salem called Kays World of Wigs. Ive gotten a few wigs through them before but i mostly use Karens wigs international.

http://www.karens-wigs-international.com/

heres a link. If you e-mail her about a wig, she replies QUICK! I love Karen! :)

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
Wig Rage
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 08:21:10 pm »
I haven't had a problem with cosworx before. o.O I've gotten wigs from them about three times now and they've been pretty good quality (then again, I am a wig n00b). Most of the tags on them say they're the kane...whatever they are fibers. The only issue I've had with them is sometimes slow shipping. The one I had for Hawkeye that I've now given to a friend in favor of an easier to style non-layered wig puts up with quite a bit of abuse.
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
Wig Rage
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 06:16:10 pm »
maybe it was the particular wig i ordered i dont know. there was one on there that was more expensive that i think may be the same as the one on amphigory (but it was more expensive than the femme fatal) so that was probably part of it.  

i live in portland so the place in salem isent good for me.  there used to be a kays on hawthorne but its a second hand shop now.  

the wig store i went to in town is in the lloyd center area.  Its called wig Land i think (might be wig world) and if you live in town and are looking for something in a natural color i would definately check them out. they might actaully have more of thier wigs in party colors, and just not have them on display i havent actually asked i think i need to ask about that next time im in there.

but they do have a bunch of braiding fibers in many colors since people use it for funky dreds and hair extenstions and stuff. and also wig heads, they allways look at me funny when i ask for like 5 of them.
Commissioning again!

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
Wig Rage
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 11:31:34 am »
i guess it all worked out though as one of them looks just fine...

but im thinking the other wig i got for myself (this one here is for my sister) isent going to be long enough.  does anyone need a medium length horrifically orange wig?
Commissioning again!

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
Wig Rage
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 10:52:20 pm »
I've ordered from both of the sites and I haven't had any problems with cosworx. though, I prefer amphigory because they are in fact cheaper.  I've ordered a wig off e-bay too. It was perfect for my cosplay, though I've heard horror stories so be careful
-Mikae

Offline SephiChan

• Sailor Scout
Re: Wig Rage
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 03:32:20 am »
I will swear by amphigory. ^_^ When they have what I need, I'll take their product hands-down. They market to cosplayers so they do an excellent job of describing/looking out for the details of the wigs they sell in areas that cosplayers would actually care about, and it's the only site I've found that does that so well.

I've never shopped on cosworx, though; they've never had what I've needed. So I can't really say much about that.

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 07:41:39 pm »
I will swear by amphigory. ^_^ When they have what I need, I'll take their product hands-down. They market to cosplayers so they do an excellent job of describing/looking out for the details of the wigs they sell in areas that cosplayers would actually care about, and it's the only site I've found that does that so well.

I've never shopped on cosworx, though; they've never had what I've needed. So I can't really say much about that.

no yeah,  i LOVE amphigory.  however they dont have two things i needed for this particular order (and alot of the time actually) which is A: PARTY color wig caps,  and B: that krylon makeup.  WITCH I DIDNT EVEN GET WITH THE REST OF MY ORDER!  and ive been trying to contact cosworx and they havent responded yet.  that frankly confuses me a little, i know its the busy season but they ave called me before to let me know they didnt have something in stock, im talking yaya called me, which was a little wierd. im getting upset the more i call thier 1-800 # and no one picks up or anything i dont want to have to pay for the same stuff twice.  i would go buy it somewhere in town but there IS no where to buy this kinda stuff.

would people drive like an hour or so to buy this kinda stuff from a storefront? or is it just to speciallized to get walk in buissness.
Commissioning again!

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 06:17:25 pm »
Quote from: totemo_oishii

where in oregon do you live? Theres a wig shop in Salem called Kays World of Wigs. Ive gotten a few wigs through them before but i mostly use Karens wigs international.

http://www.karens-wigs-international.com/

heres a link. If you e-mail her about a wig, she replies QUICK! I love Karen! :)
this is odd...because my name is karen...
>.>
sooooo......
ya

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 01:41:07 pm »
does anyone need a medium length horrifically orange wig?
how horrifically orange? as i am thinking of going as Lina Inverse from slayers at some point and she has orangeish hair (acutaly if chris and i did a cosplay wedding lina and Gourry Gabriev would be a good match for us)

ps i have had wig rage too but mostly from slicing open my thumb while detangling a wig...
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 10:01:30 pm »
I just got back from seeing if my local costume shop had any wigs that would work, but alas no wigs in town. They had One short haired "mens" wig it was too short and in black, looks like I'm going to be ordering my wig from the internets. I'm probably going to be using Amphigory, they have a wig that's pretty much what I'm looking for, but I thought I might hope that there would be one in this tiny city.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 10:29:11 pm »
how much do the wigs run for? at the wig shop/ wig world place? theres one on 122nd and halsey?? well 122ns sumwhere. and want to know how much it the general cost.
i'll need cottoncandy pink short, and a long greyish one both with bangs
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")