Author Topic: PotC3: End of the Earth  (Read 14247 times)

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
PotC3: End of the Earth
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2007, 07:15:28 pm »
It had beautiful CGI and incredible action, especially towards the end, but an annoyingly convoluted plot. It also didn't seem as fun as the other two. Don't get me wrong, there were some hilarious moments ("... shoo.") but they felt few and far from each other. I'm surprisingly happy with how the ending came out though. Things wrapped up nicely.

And yes, between Shrek 3, Spidey 3 and Pirates 3, this one takes the cake. ;)

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2007, 08:38:20 pm »
Quote from: "Pie Row Maniac"
It had beautiful CGI and incredible action, especially towards the end, but an annoyingly convoluted plot. It also didn't seem as fun as the other two. Don't get me wrong, there were some hilarious moments ("... shoo.") but they felt few and far from each other.
 That's funny because I felt that way about the second one and that the 3rd one was a better balance ^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2007, 07:51:54 am »
Quote from: "Pie Row Maniac"
It had beautiful CGI and incredible action, especially towards the end, but an annoyingly convoluted plot. It also didn't seem as fun as the other two. Don't get me wrong, there were some hilarious moments ("... shoo.") but they felt few and far from each other. I'm surprisingly happy with how the ending came out though. Things wrapped up nicely.

And yes, between Shrek 3, Spidey 3 and Pirates 3, this one takes the cake. ;)

Did you stay for after the credits? Just wondering.
But, I actually loved all three films. Indeed, the second one was darker, as the tone and content somewhat required it to be. This one I felt had much more character humor, a lot like the first movie. I loved everything about it, though by the end, I found myself caring very little for both William and Elizabeth. William annoyed me with all his constant betrayal and traitoring, and Elizabeth just plain bugged me by the end of the second film, and it pretty much carried on through this one. But, nothing to reflect poorly on the film itself, which I found astounding.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2007, 11:59:19 am »
when we went to see we almost took up an entire row of the theater
we passed candy back n forth it was fun
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline caitsith511

• Oni
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2007, 05:13:50 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
when we went to see we almost took up an entire row of the theater
we passed candy back n forth it was fun

That was fun ^^
superjaz3p's min-....brother...

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2007, 07:52:47 am »
i was glad you could come ! :)

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2007, 08:10:31 am »
Quote from: "EveofAbyss"
Did you stay for after the credits? Just wondering.
But, I actually loved all three films. Indeed, the second one was darker, as the tone and content somewhat required it to be. This one I felt had much more character humor, a lot like the first movie. I loved everything about it, though by the end, I found myself caring very little for both William and Elizabeth. William annoyed me with all his constant betrayal and traitoring, and Elizabeth just plain bugged me by the end of the second film, and it pretty much carried on through this one. But, nothing to reflect poorly on the film itself, which I found astounding.

Yeah, I stayed behind. After seeing that the first two had 'prologue' endings, I figured this one wouldn't be any different. Surprisingly, it was. The prologues for the first two were completely humorous while the third was serious and made for romantics. No problems or anything, just an odd change of pace.

I agree with your standing on Will and Elizabeth. By the third movie comes around, they're almost completely different characters it feels like. Will siding with the enemies to free his father just seemed... bogus. Granted he was emotionally betrayed by Elizabeth and felt little compassion for his original side as a result.

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2007, 10:38:52 am »
It's a Hollywood film!  Don' t think to hard about it!  So long as you gave them your $$$, the film suceeded.

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2007, 10:40:53 am »
Quote from: "kylite"
First one home! thank you leashy for the ride.

The movie was awesome. I feel bad for all those who left BEFORE the end of the credits MUHAHAHA (I shall say no more!)

Why do you feel sorry for them? It wasn't all that great....I did enjoy looking at all the funny names in the credits. IE: one guy had the last name Killmaster and another had the last name of Death. And don't forget Bob Friedman.
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2007, 11:45:51 am »
Quote from: "kurosakiichigo666"
Why do you feel sorry for them? It wasn't all that great....I did enjoy looking at all the funny names in the credits. IE: one guy had the last name Killmaster and another had the last name of Death. And don't forget Bob Friedman.

Aw man! I was looking for him too!

Greg Killmaster is an ILM tech and I look for him in every movie! I can't believe I missed him this time!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2007, 09:18:12 pm »
i dont thk i ever remebrd to post this music video a must see for captain jack fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zydMUFMqrmc

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2007, 11:10:20 pm »
I saw this movie over the long weekend, not bad at all  8)
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.