Author Topic: Naruto English Voice Cast  (Read 12081 times)

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Naruto English Voice Cast
« on: August 31, 2005, 08:34:15 am »
I was just wondering what some peoples reactions were to these 'castings' (I'm not sure of their entire officially but they are better than just some guesses on a forum. I got them from IMDB)...

Kakashi - Steven Jay Blum (i.e. Mugen (Samurai Champloo), Darcia (Wolf's Rain), Spike (Cowboy Bebop)) (he also did the adapation script of Naruto)

Naruto - Johnny Yong Bosch (i.e. Kiba (Wolf's Rain), Vash (Trigun), Yuichi Taira (Paranoia Agent))

Sasuke - Mark Hildreth (i.e. Heero (Gundam), Prince Daniel (Barbie of Swan Lake), Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury 3))

Hokage - Steve Kramer (i.e. Dr.Gensai (Ruruoni Kenshin), Bonnie Fraizer (Big O), Tem Ray (Gundam) Loads of additional voices in lots of others...)

Sakura - Rachael Lillis (i.e. Misty/Jesse (Pokemon) Ayaka Usumi (Gravitation), Faragonda (Winx Club))

Ino AND Konohamaru - Colleen O'Shaughnessey (i.e. Suzy (Zatch Bell), Sora (Digimon), Jazz Fenton (Danny Phantom))

Hinata - Stephanie Sheh (i.e. Harmonia (Rave Master), Shion (Zatch Bell))

Gaara - Eric Sturart (i.e. Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh), James/Brock (Pokemon), Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho))

And there is a thing that Matt Damon will be doing Orochimaru. But I just can't believe that >_>'
Sweet Times

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 08:53:53 am »
Thanks for this info! Wow Steve Blum doing Kakashi. I'm not sure if I'm going to like the voice coming out of Naruto though, but I'll have to wait and see.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 09:44:38 am »
Yay. Now I don't have to watch it and thing the hole time "Who the hell's voice is that?"
One of the main reasons I hate dubs. D: I always get stuck on who's voice it is and not the anime.
That's why I hated the Ah! My Godess Movie on AZN TV. D: It took me half the movie to find out it was Miaka from Yushigi Yugi.

>_< Ew. Misty from Pokemon. -whine complain-

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: Naruto English Voice Cast
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 11:40:17 am »
Quote from: "sassy_lassy"
Sasuke - Mark Hildreth (i.e. Heero (Gundam), Prince Daniel (Barbie of Swan Lake)

Why does that seem so odd?

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 12:37:22 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Sasuke - Mark Hildreth (i.e. Heero (Gundam), Prince Daniel (Barbie of Swan Lake)

Because... It just... is...

After I told my sister about that now she wants to rent Barbie of Swan Lake just to hear the voice. Thanks a lot xD

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 12:54:38 pm »
Quote from: "sumomo_san"

Because... It just... is...

After I told my sister about that now she wants to rent Barbie of Swan Lake just to hear the voice. Thanks a lot xD

Hee hee don't worry he's in ALL teh Barbie movies xD So you'll have to have a Barbie marathon! Yay.
Sweet Times

Offline Mean

• Cabbit
    • http://japankore.net
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 12:58:06 pm »
Naruto - Johnny Yong Bosch, that's a crazy concept that just might work, i like his voice in wolfs rain as Kiba, but i was just doing some research and turns out Johnny Yong Bosch was also a second generation Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, he played the character Adam which is the second Black Ranger after Zack has left. He's also a green Ranger in Power Ranger Zeo and a green Ranger in Power Ranger Turbo, and i guess after that he went and start doing anime voice over.

He's a great martial artist and i think he's half chinese, i'm just a big fan of Power Rangers hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!, so yeah i know a lot about all the characters and the stars of the show, i just now recently know that he's doing anime voice over, that's awesome go ADAM, can't believe it, and now he's moving on from Power Rangers to Naruto, think about that folks that's just bazzaar.

Offline Densha_Rockstar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 01:06:57 pm »
Steven Jay Blum does well as the "cool, yet grizzled older type" (even if Kakashi still seems pretty young). He has proven this in "Ace Combat 5" as Captain Jack Bartlett (Callsign, "Heartbreak One").

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 02:30:48 pm »
Hee hee don't worry he's in ALL teh Barbie movies xD So you'll have to have a Barbie marathon! Yay.

OH NO. OH NO. OH DEARGODPLEASE NO. Thats just too much. BEGIN PANIC ATTACK! . . . I just informed my sister and her reply was 'Hmm how about not. I can't... I'm dead.' Okay, everything is good again.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 04:34:37 pm »

Don't make me bring out the taser to solve another problem.

I hope Eirc doesn't make Gaara's voice sound too much like Kaiba's.  I always pictured Gaara to speak soft and smooth yet harsh.  Kaiba's voice sounds more rigid (I guess is the word I'm looking for).

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/airotciv87
^.~
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 04:44:03 pm »
when was the show airing?...was it the third?
i am asthenophobic, Cleithrophobic, dinophobic, and geroscophobic.

but i am NOT Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobic

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Re: ^.~
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 04:47:43 pm »
Quote from: "shadowfox"

It's Airing the 10th of September... -eye twitch- Judgement Day.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 04:48:48 pm »

(I guessing you're refering to Naruto)
If memory serves me well, Naruto isn't on air until mid-September.

(edit: Ack, Neko_Chan beat me to it)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 04:52:16 pm »

(I guessing you're refering to Naruto)
If memory serves me well, Naruto isn't on air until mid-September.

(edit: Ack, Neko_Chan beat me to it)

BAWAHAHAHA. -tackles you ot the floor-
>D 3 days!

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2005, 04:55:44 pm »
*stares at Neko* ...meep. *backs off a bit*

I want Gaara to sound like James from Team Rocket xD It wouldn't work but that would be funny.
Sweet Times

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 04:58:15 pm »
*stares at Neko* ...meep. *backs off a bit*

I want Gaara to sound like James from Team Rocket xD It wouldn't work but that would be funny.

omg. I love your avatar!
o_o; Am I scary? I'm just so excited. I wana call some random phone number and just scream my lungs out. Dx

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/airotciv87
^.~
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 04:59:28 pm »
O_O my, didn't think i'd be answered so quickly ^_^;;; thanks. i'll see it when its on T.V, though i'm most likely gonna like the subtitled version better...i'm on episode 149 now...
i am asthenophobic, Cleithrophobic, dinophobic, and geroscophobic.

but i am NOT Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobic

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 05:20:50 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
BAWAHAHAHA. -tackles you ot the floor-
>D 3 days!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

*Struck down to the floor*
Can't... reach... taser... must... type... like... this...

I can think of another one: Gaara with the voice of Hamtaro.  ^_^

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 07:28:29 pm »
@ Neko

Awww you love the little ice cream-headed Lee xD  I drew it *ish proud* I finally figured out screentones. YEEEESSSSS

Check out my Lee and Gaara comic for more fun ice-cream Lee http://blueraine.deviantart.com (shamless advertisment)

@ Negima

Mmhmmm ..... Hamster Gaara. It sounds yummy....

*blink*

*cough*
Sweet Times

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 08:17:05 pm »
>D -tickles Negima while he's pinned down-
OOOHHHH.
Did you see that video on KATU of the Portland Police Cheif being tazered?

Sassy_Lassy... That was like the most amazing thing I've ever read EVER.

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 08:22:21 pm »
@Sassy_Lassy:
Gaara doesn't like Sundays, eh? It's funny because it's true! XD

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 10:41:27 pm »
@ Neko-chan

Really? Because I was really going for a deep sort of meaning. You know something that takes the best philosphers to decipher. *cough* What better to do that then Gaara and Lee. (*is of course joking* ... *hides from Gaara*)

@ Sumomo-san

Tee hee ^^'

I'm still thinking I may make a sequel to it... with Gaara washing Lee's hair out... but I don't think I'll be able to make Gaara sign a contract to do that even if I try to sneak it in. *plots*
Sweet Times

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 11:23:27 pm »
@Neko_Chan
No, didn't see it, but we don't get KATU down here either so I didn't really have a chance.

@sassy_lassy
*Snaps fingers to activate British accent*
Ah, I see.  One must look deep into the artwork and the emotion that is brought forth.  The Sunday has the same name as the day of a week which is on a weekend which, of course, is connected to fun for young adults and/or children which Lee and Gaara are.  So the Sunday represents fun for Lee and Gaara and their mischief ways.  But later, Gaara rejects the sunday Lee is offering to him so, in a way, Gaara is rejecting the fun Lee is offering to him.  Now the ice cream dripping off of Lee's head represents his emotions for the situation which has taken place before him.  One could say his heart is breaking or, if you would say, melting at the idea that Gaara has rejected the fun offered to him.

*Clears throat to end British accent*
Or something like that, right?

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 01:51:12 am »
Interesting, Vash = Naruto????  that will take a lot time to get used to.

Offline Densha_Rockstar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 05:59:21 am »
Vash the Ninja. Wow.

@ Neko_Chan

I've seen the Chief of the Seattle Police get tazered, too.

I also saw that video of some criminal going "GTA"-style with a Portland Transit Police squad car.  :lol:

TAZER NO JUTSU!

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 07:40:13 am »

XD that would be funny...but if it really sounded like that i'd die. <twitch>

the cast sounds interesting though ^^;
let's just hope they don't screw it up too much.
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 08:03:36 am »
@sassy_lassy
Ah, I see.  One must look deep into the artwork and the emotion that is brought forth.  The Sunday has the same name as the day of a week which is on a weekend which, of course, is connected to fun for young adults and/or children which Lee and Gaara are.  So the Sunday represents fun for Lee and Gaara and their mischief ways.  But later, Gaara rejects the sunday Lee is offering to him so, in a way, Gaara is rejecting the fun Lee is offering to him.  Now the ice cream dripping off of Lee's head represents his emotions for the situation which has taken place before him.  One could say his heart is breaking or, if you would say, melting at the idea that Gaara has rejected the fun offered to him.

*can't... stop... laughing*

Yah... something like that. ^-^ You are ceretainly a true genius.

*Hands Negima a trophy made out of pastaroni* For you to show people that you're a genius with.
Sweet Times

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2005, 09:56:15 am »
@Neko_Chan
No, didn't see it, but we don't get KATU down here either so I didn't really have a chance.

XDD rofl!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2005, 10:13:33 am »

*Hands Negima a trophy made out of pastaroni* For you to show people that you're a genius with.

*Holds up trophy*

If you give me another day I might be able to find some connection to Kevin Bacon.  ^_^

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2005, 10:15:12 am »

*Holds up trophy*

If you give me another day I might be able to find some connection to Kevin Bacon.  ^_^

o_o;; Ohmygosh.... I was drinking milk and like... You made me spit it out... (Through me mouth not my nose, nyo.)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2005, 10:45:54 am »

*Holds up trophy*

o_o;; Ohmygosh.... I was drinking milk and like... You made me spit it out... (Through me mouth not my nose, nyo.)

*Snaps fingers to produce a lab professor's coat*

Okay, let's see how this goes:
In the comic, Lee is giving Gaara a Sunday which is part of the movie title "Any given Sunday" which stars Cameron Diaz who made several appearances on the Late Show with David Lettermen as did Matthew Broderick who stared in the US version of "Godzilla" which originated in Japan where Largo from Megatokyo is located who wears boxer shorts... probably just like Kevin Bacon.

With this, we can assume that Rock Lee is after Kevin Bacon's boxer shorts.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2005, 10:59:28 am »

*Holds up trophy*

In the comic, Lee is giving Gaara a Sunday which is part of the movie title "Any given Sunday" which stars Cameron Diaz who made several appearances on the Late Show with David Lettermen as did Matthew Broderick who stared in the US version of "Godzilla" which originated in Japan where Largo from Megatokyo is located who wears boxer shorts... probably just like Kevin Bacon.

o_o; I need to hug you at the con Negima. You make me laugh too much not to.... You'll be at the Pocky Club panel, no? Dx Please go!

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 11:51:17 am »

.... That must be it ^-^ Ahhh you are ceretainly a genius and I for one is envious of how you can decipher such things. I think you deserve much more than the wonderous trophy I gave you. Perhaps instead a Hello Kitty plushie is in need. Or perhaps Kevin Bacon's boxer shorts. For we can't let Lee get to them, so we'll have to put them in your safe hands.

*hands you Hello Kitty plushie wearing Kevin Bacon's boxer shorts*
Sweet Times

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 01:32:35 pm »

...i cried laughing after reading this.
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2005, 10:00:53 pm »
@Neko_Chan, sassy_lassy, and oishiidesuyo
Just doing my duty.  ^_^

Neko_Chan, I'll try to drop by the Pocky Club Panel to say hi.  I don't know if I'll make it on time since I'm coming up to the club that morning but we'll see.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2005, 03:15:42 am »
Wow, is that list WAY off (Three where right)

Alot of false cast listings where floating around the net, the proper cast is as follows (Taken from the Anime News Network, the authority when it comes to things like this). Before I begin, I would like to state this format I will put this in:

Character Name - Voice Actor/Actress (Noteable Previous Roles, if any (the more roles, the more experience).

Here's the cast, officially released by Viz:

Haruno Sakura - Kate Higgens (Zefiris in Scrapped Princess).

Uzumaki Naruto - Maile Flanagan (Matthew in Astro Boy (2003).

Uchiha Sasuke - Yuri Lowenthal (Haru Glory in Rave Master).

Hatake Kakashi - Dave Wittenberg (Sora in .hack//SIGN (Aswell as the video games), Saito in Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Fujiwara Takumi in Initial D, Kusanagi Kei in Onegai Sensei and Onegai Twins (Which is odd, because to my recollection, Kei never speaks in Onegai Twins o_O;).

Hyuuga Hinata - Stephanie Sheh (Harmonia and Melodia in Rave Master).

Tsunami (Inari's Mother) - Cindy Robinson (Various roles in Marmalade Boy and Great Teacher Onizuka (Julia Murai, for one); Katelya in Rave Master).

Yamanaka Ino and Konohamaru - Colleen O'Shaughnessey (Takenouchi Sora in Digimon Seasons 1 and 2, aswell as a few movies; Genis Sage in Tales of Symphonia (Video Game).

Sarutobi Asuma - Doug Erholtz (Balmung of The Azure Sky in .hack video games; T.K. in Digimon Season 2).

Gato (The man trying to stop the bridge construction in the Wave country) - Fred Tatasciore (No know previous roles)

Tazuna - Kirk Thornton (Jin in Samurai Champloo; Orca in .hack series; Brandon Heat/Beyond The Grave in Gungrave; Various roles in Great Teacher Onizuka (Including Danma Ryuji and Kikuchi Yoshito), at least a hundred roles credited, various major ones).

Iruka - Quinton Flynn (Isaaru in Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2; Spike in Gungrave: Overdose; Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty).

Akimichi Chouji - Robbie Rist (Takeuchi Itsuki in Initial D).

The Third Hokage (Sandaime; Sarutobi) - Steve Kramer (Terry Sanders in  Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team; various other anime roles, mostly bit roles).

Momochi Zabuza - Steven Blum (Sanjuro and Wiseman in .hack series; Spike in Cowboy Bebop; The Laughing Man in Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex; Makoto Shishio in Rurouni Kenshin; Kazuma in s-CRY-ed; Mugen in Samurai Champloo; various other important anime and video game roles).

Shikamaru Nara - Tom Gibbas (No known roles).

Thats all that Viz released, so its official.

Still have to wait and see if it goes good. I heard a short clip of Naruto's voice and it sounds ok. Ill have to hear it and see it to see if I like it though.

Hope it doesn't get the One Piece treatment.

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2005, 08:26:40 am »
Quote from: "Dustin"
Wow, is that list WAY off (Three where right)

Alot of false cast listings where floating around the net, the proper cast is as follows (Taken from the Anime News Network, the authority when it comes to things like this).

Well I figured the Internet Movie Database may have had some sort of authority as I found the cast no where else. So just so you know I didn't just produce it out of thin air.

Quote from: "dustin"
Uzumaki Naruto - Maile Flanagan

This scares me... so very much....

Iruka - Quinton Flynn

And also Timon from Timon and Pumba... xD

Momochi Zabuza - Steven Blum

The happiness.... that is running through me is estatic....

Hope it doesn't get the One Piece treatment.

Probably will.. but it's on DVD unedited! YAY. More to spend money with -_-

I wanna know who's doing Haku's voice now.
Sweet Times

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2005, 08:39:23 am »
Just a note, Rob Allen is the voice for Brandon Heat in Gungrave. Kirk Thornton didn't work on Gungrave. In fact, there are a few of Steve Blums listings that are actually done by David Lucas, among other little errors in give voice credits. (Lucas did Mugen, Makoto, & Spike (Blum only did Spike's voice in the Movie. David Lucas did the entire series.) Those folks at the Anime News Network need to double check their dubbing details ^.~

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2005, 02:20:05 am »
Quote from: "Sinaj"
Just a note, Rob Allen is the voice for Brandon Heat in Gungrave. Kirk Thornton didn't work on Gungrave. In fact, there are a few of Steve Blums listings that are actually done by David Lucas, among other little errors in give voice credits. (Lucas did Mugen, Makoto, & Spike (Blum only did Spike's voice in the Movie. David Lucas did the entire series.) Those folks at the Anime News Network need to double check their dubbing details ^.~

Yes, it seems they do. I wouldn't be too hard on them though, mostly its fans that add the information, however, it tends to be highly accurate.

I appologize for my errors in the last post. I was very tired aswell, so I didn't bother to double check any of it.

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2005, 08:27:19 am »
Not your fault. No need to apologize. It happens. ^.^