Author Topic: Kumoricon 2008 Photoshoot/Meetup schedule  (Read 43047 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Kumoricon 2008 Photoshoot/Meetup schedule
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2008, 04:29:18 pm »
>_<  Naruto photo shoot is the same time as the beginning of the Ouran Tea Party. I hope that I will be able to make it for some of it. I guess if I can't there is always the one at Sakuracon (hopefully I'll be in it ^_^) and next year.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2008, 10:23:50 am »
>_<  Naruto photo shoot is the same time as the beginning of the Ouran Tea Party. I hope that I will be able to make it for some of it. I guess if I can't there is always the one at Sakuracon (hopefully I'll be in it ^_^) and next year.

It's almost as if someone wanted the Naruto fans to be doing something else during the tea party...
That couldn't be though... The Naruto fans were the ones who chose that time!  <--trufax
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

oslapedo

« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2008, 03:11:51 pm »
We Death Note cosplayers have tentatively agreed on Saturday for the photoshoot! So it will probably remain there  ;D

Offline LadyYunaBraska

• Cabbit
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2008, 04:18:09 pm »
 Is there any hope of a Legend of Zelda photoshoot? I know of a Link (possibly two) and a Princess Zelda (my sister) coming to Kumoricon - any time slots open for them? And are there more Legend of Zelda cosplayers?
~Kumoricon '10~

Roxas [Organization XIII] -The Kingdom Hearts series -- 5%
 No one would miss me . . .

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2008, 07:59:12 pm »
Is there any hope of a Legend of Zelda photoshoot? I know of a Link (possibly two) and a Princess Zelda (my sister) coming to Kumoricon - any time slots open for them? And are there more Legend of Zelda cosplayers?

I'd suggest pushing for them all to show up at the Super Smash Brothers photoshoot to save time. Even if they're other Zelda characters or different versions, it'll be a convenient place.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2008, 05:27:00 pm »
me and my twin are going as link and shadow link... we should maybe show up at the brawl shoot?

Offline LadyYunaBraska

• Cabbit
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2008, 07:24:30 pm »
 (smiles, nodding) That sounds perfect. We'll see you there~!
~Kumoricon '10~

Roxas [Organization XIII] -The Kingdom Hearts series -- 5%
 No one would miss me . . .

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2008, 11:31:19 pm »
Arg! NOT COOL
I'm going to be making a Sai cosplay and it's the same time as the host club!
>> Can I be late for the host club?
I wanna be a host but I haven't send in an application because I don't have my wig and patch yet o_o

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2008, 11:34:44 pm »
p.s:
Why are there 2 Kingdom hearts photoshoots planned?
On on Monday and one on Sunday?

Offline Kurosaki.Isshin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2008, 11:37:36 pm »
There will be a Soul Eater Photo Shoot, Time and Place Unknown
Cosplays for K-con

Saturday - Kurosaki Isshin - Bleach
Sunday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater
Monday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater *Knight in Team Red*

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2008, 10:25:25 am »
p.s:
Why are there 2 Kingdom hearts photoshoots planned?
On on Monday and one on Sunday?

Because they're hyper, some of them have two KH costumes, and some people can't make it to each.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2008, 12:41:15 pm »
hahah the smash bro's shoot will have alot of character's even outside of the game itself. haha other zelda characters and fire emblem characters..

if we do the shoot at 4 would that conflict with those who are in cosplay skit? don't they have to have a practice run like and hour prior?

the shoot should either be earlier or after..
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2008, 12:31:59 am »
There's stuff going on with the cosplay contest basically all day Sunday. There's a pre-meet, the costume judging, the run throughs, and then the contestant set up and seating.

If you're in the cosplay contest they basically want to take over your day. So make sure that you and your fellow cosplayers are well prepared so you don't have to spend too much time with the cosplay staff.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2008, 09:23:16 am »
I remember that. I was in the cosplay contest as Sakuracon and I barely got an hour to eat some food on Saturday. It was still a lot of fun. We got to watch the skits but there was no sound......that made me sad v.v

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2008, 10:55:38 pm »
very informative. >_<
then cosplay as that character again hm... i think we can do it. the entire group cosplay is in the skit so it all works out haha
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2008, 11:01:38 pm »
Alright! So, where will Sunday's Naruto shoot be?

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2008, 01:29:51 am »
Hey Tom! You can confirm the Utena photoshoot for Monday. Still working on time and place.  :-*
.empty movement.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2008, 09:25:28 pm »
There's stuff going on with the cosplay contest basically all day Sunday. There's a pre-meet, the costume judging, the run throughs, and then the contestant set up and seating.

If you're in the cosplay contest they basically want to take over your day. So make sure that you and your fellow cosplayers are well prepared so you don't have to spend too much time with the cosplay staff.
I'm in the cosplay contest... are you saying that that will or won't interfere with the smash bros photo shoot? ???

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2008, 09:08:02 am »
I'm in the cosplay contest... are you saying that that will or won't interfere with the smash bros photo shoot? ???

Yes.
It will or it won't interfere with your photoshoot.
 ???
I don't have the schedule yet but Cosplay has Control of the Main Events hall for the entire day. There is a pre meet and a dry run and a costume judging. If you have never experienced these let me explain what they entail.

At the pre-meet everyone shows up so that the cosplay manager can tell them to sit and wait while they talk to the stage manager. Then the cosplay manager will go through the forms everyone has and make sure that all the people in the skit have signed or been listed on the form. That's when you stay at the end of the line and frantically call your friend who's still in the hotel room so you can tell him to get down here with your form. After you hand your form in you stand there waiting for confirmation that everything is alright while the cosplay manager talks to the stage manager, a yojimbo, and a costume judge (not necesarily in that order) while staring at your form. After she asks you to explain your handwriting in a couple of spots she says that you're approved.

But you might want to hang around if you need to do a dry run.
That's when you make a few more phone calls and try and get everyone in the skit together. You try explaining that it's for a dry run. They complain because you said that you could hand the form in yourself and they're at a panel. Once everyone gets to the room you go over your skit and argue about the 4th yaoi joke's punchline. You sit in silence for awhile watching the stage hands run around flipping switches and the volunteers move chairs. Then you ask the cosplay manager when you can do your dry run but a stage hand stops you because she's started the costume judging. After the second Zelda costume is judged she tells you that the run throughs on the stage are done later because the tech people need the stage for doing lighting set up and you'll have to come back later in the day. She may tell you a time.

At this point there are two things that could happen. You could make your fellow cosplayers bitter by sticking around and maybe getting to parctice the skit on stage with your pre-recorded sound file and lighting so it actually syncs up on the third try, but missing about 1/5 of the con.
OR
You can leave and never see your fellow cosplayers until about five minutes before the cosplay contest begins. Half way through seating. and ten minutes AFTER the performers were supposed to be seated in the green room for the cosplay staff to do role call. Possibly getting disqualified for tardiness but not told that you're disqualified until right before you actually perform your skit.

Things might be different this year but the above statements are based on true Kumoricon Cosplay Contest Events.

Wait for the schedule.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2008, 12:30:22 pm »
well i can assume cosplay contest doesn't last more then an hour or so. to make things less complicated the shoot could be afterwards it will still be daylight.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2008, 03:44:00 pm »
Hi, so ace attorney (phoenix wright) is planning 2 photoshoots.
-one is going to be the first day: Saturday at 4 pm
-second one is going to be the last day: Monday at 10:30 am

locations are unknown but we'll get that info soon hopefully.
-Mikae

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2008, 06:01:26 pm »

Yes.
It will or it won't interfere with your photoshoot.
 ???
I don't have the schedule yet but Cosplay has Control of the Main Events hall for the entire day. There is a pre meet and a dry run and a costume judging. If you have never experienced these let me explain what they entail.

At the pre-meet everyone shows up so that the cosplay manager can tell them to sit and wait while they talk to the stage manager. Then the cosplay manager will go through the forms everyone has and make sure that all the people in the skit have signed or been listed on the form. That's when you stay at the end of the line and frantically call your friend who's still in the hotel room so you can tell him to get down here with your form. After you hand your form in you stand there waiting for confirmation that everything is alright while the cosplay manager talks to the stage manager, a yojimbo, and a costume judge (not necesarily in that order) while staring at your form. After she asks you to explain your handwriting in a couple of spots she says that you're approved.

That's when you make a few more phone calls and try and get everyone in the skit together. You try explaining that it's for a dry run. They complain because you said that you could hand the form in yourself and they're at a panel. Once everyone gets to the room you go over your skit and argue about the 4th yaoi joke's punchline. You sit in silence for awhile watching the stage hands run around flipping switches and the volunteers move chairs. Then you ask the cosplay manager when you can do your dry run but a stage hand stops you because she's started the costume judging. After the second Zelda costume is judged she tells you that the run throughs on the stage are done later because the tech people need the stage for doing lighting set up and you'll have to come back later in the day. She may tell you a time.

At this point there are two things that could happen. You could make your fellow cosplayers bitter by sticking around and maybe getting to parctice the skit on stage with your pre-recorded sound file and lighting so it actually syncs up on the third try, but missing about 1/5 of the con.
OR
You can leave and never see your fellow cosplayers until about five minutes before the cosplay contest begins. Half way through seating. and ten minutes AFTER the performers were supposed to be seated in the green room for the cosplay staff to do role call. Possibly getting disqualified for tardiness but not told that you're disqualified until right before you actually perform your skit.

Things might be different this year but the above statements are based on true Kumoricon Cosplay Contest Events.

Wait for the schedule.
cool... -_- i feel so much better now.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2008, 06:21:31 pm »

OR

Wait for the schedule.

This should totally be posted in the Cosplay Contest thread. 'Cause, ya know, it's totally freaking me out. Excuse me while I round everyone up liekritenao.

Oh, and the Trinity Blood shoot is Saturday at four at the fountain in the park. I hope nobody has problems with that.

Offline kisame_tuna

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace?
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2008, 02:26:49 am »
why is naruto always so freakin' early in the morning. =A=;; I missed it last time. xD;;
ahwell.

could we schedual I Gurren Lagann photoshoot for saturday?
along with .hack//SIGN?

that'd e amazing.

.hack would probably go better in the morning and Gurren Lagann sometime later in the day.
-nods-

someone let me know, please!
SakuraCon 09:
Yoko Ritona - TTGL
Hoshigaki Kisame - Naruto
Haruko - FLCL
Utena - Revolutionary Girl Utena
OwO
seeya there?

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2008, 08:50:25 am »
I'm kinda disappointed that the Naruto photoshoot is the same time as the Ouran Tea party...
Is it okay If i show up as Sai and then after the photoshoot I run and change into Hunny and go to the tea party? XD
I REALLY wanna be one of the hosts though!

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2008, 01:58:42 pm »
Okay, Trinity Blood has a place and a day. Saturday at the fountain in the park. Problem is there's so many scheduling conflicts that bad things may end up happening. I need to go confer with my mind now...

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2008, 02:54:10 pm »
Alrighty! I, being my stupid self, haven't been following this conversation. :D Anyways, I was curious where the photoshoots are going to be. O.o All in the same place? Random places? Neh?

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2008, 02:56:10 pm »
Yes I was wodnering that too.  I'm still trying to get the Bleach Shoot together and trying to think of the times and places available.

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2008, 03:14:23 pm »
Yeah. Because there are also a few photoshoots I'd like to go and just get pics at. But idk where any of this will be taking place. T.T

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2008, 08:33:53 pm »
Yes, it'd be good to have places listed with the times. Probably most of them will be outside at the Park though. oO; Very full park in no time then..
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2008, 10:27:45 pm »
I'm sure all of them will be outside at the park (at least the large groups like Bleach and Naruto)

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2008, 06:48:09 pm »
The Bleach shoot is going to have to be either Saturday or Sunday.  So where ever it squeezes in I suppose.

Offline Silence

• Sailor Scout
    • Silence's Gaia
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2008, 09:31:32 pm »
It's really early to start something like this, but I thought it would be better to do it before Sakuracon this year. Last year we had a handful of people who thought that the con staff were the ones who scheduled each photoshoot, it's not of course, that's your job! I'm just here to help sort things out and make the times and days you guys agree on easier to find.

So I'm going to sticky this thread with mod magic and I'll update this first post with any schedule that is created. So far all I know is that cosplay chess is slated for MONDAY MORNING and there's going to be some sort of dance event Sunday Night. Cosplay will be on Sunday.

Everyone pay attention at Sakuracon this year to see how many people are at what event and which cosplay groups we should write down on the list!

Here's the ones we have so far.

.hack//SIGN - Saturday 8/30/2008
Gurren Lagann - Saturday 8/30/2008
World of Warcraft - Saturday 8/30/2008 1:00 pm
Kingdom Hearts - Saturday 8/30/2008 3:00 pm
Trinity Blood - Saturday 8/30/2008 4:00 pm?
Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice - Saturday 8/30/2008 4:00 pm

Ouran Tea Party - Sunday 9am-12pm
Naruto- Sunday 8/31/2008 9:00am
Invader Zim- Sunday 8/31/2008 Morning
Tales of _____ = Sunday 8/31/2008 10:00 am in the park
General RPG Character- Sunday 8/31/2008 10:30am?
DNAngel - Sunday 8/31/2008 11:00am
Kingdom Hearts - Sunday 8/31/2008 11:00am?
Final Fantasy- Sunday? 8/31/2008
Ouran High School Host Club- Sunday 8/31/2008 after the tea party. (12+pm)
Super Smash Brothers - Sunday 8/31/2008 - 4pm?
World of Warcraft = Sunday 8/31/2008
Hellsing-  Sunday 8/31/2008
The Cosplay Contest Starts at 5:00pm Sunday (seating starts at 4, pre-meet at 12).

Cosplay Chess is on Monday, 12pm
Phoenix Wright - Monday 9/01/2008 at 10:30 am
Guilty Gear - Monday 9/01/2008 11:00am
Gundam Wing - Monday 9/01/2008
TMoHS - Monday 9/01/2008
Vampire Knight - Monday 9/01/2008
Shoujo Kakumei Utena - Monday 9/01/2008
Closing ceremonies is at 3pm

There are some that you just know will need photoshoots...
At the very least there's cosplay groups forming for the following:
Miyazaki Films - Saturday/Monday?
Voccaloids?
Team Fortress 2
Death Note
Yuugiou
Bleach
Princess Tutu
FMA
D. Gray-Man

Programming is almost done with the official event schedule! Yay!

Wait, so as of now there is no set date or time for a death note photoshoot? Yarg. lol Well, if you decide on which day to do that, please let me know, cuz if there ends up not being one, I need to rething my cosplaying outfit days :3

As now here's what I'm thinking
Saturday: Ichigo Momomiya Maid Outfit
Sunday: Misa Misa
Monday: Schoolgirl

If they photoshoot falls on Sunday, great. If not...I'll just switch saturday and sunday i guess lol :3
Who died and made you L?

'09 cosplays:
Day 1: Waloli (pink)
Day 2: Allen from D. Gray-Man (my first crossplay :3)
Day 3: Maid outfit from Higurashi no naku koro ni

See you there!~

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2008, 09:39:27 pm »
I'd like to re-schedule my general R.P.G. character shoot. I'd like to re-schedule it for 12:30 Sunday in the park.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2008, 09:45:16 pm »
oh god.....I'm not wearing Albel that day >_< could it possibly be on Saturday? If not it's not like it is a huge deal. I'll still take pictures ^_^

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2008, 01:46:25 am »
This is to much for me...
I might pass out from running around from photo shoots and panels..

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2008, 02:23:02 am »
I hope the cosplay contest and karaoke are on different days ._. I want to enter both... x__x

oslapedo

« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2008, 08:46:43 am »
Sugarlat, I just noticed that your doing TMoHS on Saturday! You should do it on Monday for our photoshoot ;)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2008, 01:40:10 pm »
Oh am I?
I didn't noticed. Maybe I was spacing out or something, cause I thought it was on saterday XD
I'll re plan it!

oslapedo

« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2008, 08:44:33 pm »
Yay for unity ;)

Can we set up a day for the Death Note photoshoot? Like Saturday perhaps...? ;)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2008, 09:00:46 pm »
Saturday would be a good idea because the Naruto is Sunday and both of those are really popular.

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2008, 01:02:14 am »
Rumiko Takahashi gathering (Ranma/Inuyasha/Maison Ikkoku) will be Saturday at 2:00.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl
Wig fanatic, props junkie, fabric snob, cosplay addict

Smile smile!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2008, 04:22:47 am »
That Naruto shoot bothers me so much!
It's the same time as the Party but I want to be a host for the tea party as well!
ARGH!

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2008, 08:23:10 am »
Hmmm CAKE ON A PLANE (doing Studio Ghibli works) cosplay needs a time, but I don't know what would work for everyone (since no one is alive anymore it seems DX)

Offline Silence

• Sailor Scout
    • Silence's Gaia
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2008, 12:35:54 pm »
Yay for unity ;)

Can we set up a day for the Death Note photoshoot? Like Saturday perhaps...? ;)
oh yes saturday would be good :3 if this becomes official, plz let me know ^^
Who died and made you L?

'09 cosplays:
Day 1: Waloli (pink)
Day 2: Allen from D. Gray-Man (my first crossplay :3)
Day 3: Maid outfit from Higurashi no naku koro ni

See you there!~

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2008, 03:48:34 pm »
People still seem to not understand how this works.

You create a thread for your anime, like....oh.... BLEACH or DEATH NOTE.
Then all the people that are cosplaying characters from that show chime in and talk about their costumes and how many friends they have that are cosplaying the same show, but are too lame to post on the forums.
Then all the people that are getting along and are fans of the show and actually WANT to have a photoshoot begin talking about times and dates.
About three people take a stand while everyone else complains about the lack of schedule.
The most responsible person in the thread posts here about the agreed on time and day, OR I find it myself during one of my regular check ups on this part of the forum.
I write down that time and date in my thread for everyone who wasn't paying attention.

Understand? Good!
Now lets start making the hard decisions people, none of you can go to EVERYTHING so start deciding what you're willing to miss out on for the friendship and memories of a cosplay photoshoot.

I haven't taken part in one since the Final Fantasy photoshoot of 2004 and that was one of the good memories from that crazy con.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2008, 03:51:34 pm »
The only one that I am worried about is Naruto and it seems like there is already a set date and I am fine with it. Thanks for the clarification Tom and keep up the hard work

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2008, 03:57:29 pm »
I'm just waiting for the tentative schedule so I can know what I'm willing to miss on Sunday for the FF shoot. As soon as that comes out I can start discussing times in the FF shoot thread.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2008, 04:01:13 pm »
I'm just waiting for the tentative schedule so I can know what I'm willing to miss on Sunday for the FF shoot. As soon as that comes out I can start discussing times in the FF shoot thread.

Well, the big thing Sunday is the cosplay contest, if you aren't in it then you just have to deal with the seating before 5pm. Unless you aren't going at all. :o

What else would you be interested in though? *peeks*

The masquerade prep events are sprinkled throughout the day. There's the Kirk thornton Q&A... the Richard Epcar Q&A.....
*finds a horrible scheduling problem that puts the cosplay up against an event he wants to go to but didn't know about*

NOOOOOOOO!!!!
*runs away from the thread in tears.*
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 04:03:57 pm by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2008, 04:06:33 pm »
Oh noes, scheduling conflicts! Sorry, Tom. But thanks for the schedule sneak peek. I'll get working on scheduling the shoot.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!