Author Topic: Onegai Teacher  (Read 5870 times)

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Onegai Teacher
« on: July 23, 2006, 02:33:52 pm »
SO i was really bored this morning and I wanted to watch a new anime I have not seen before so I started to watch onegai. anyways I watched the whole series and I must say it is really awesome! well who else has seen it?
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Onegai Teacher
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 03:48:00 pm »
Not sure this is the right place for this kind of thread :P

But I watched it probably a month or so ago, along with Onegai Twins. Both great shows. I recommend watching both if you haven't seen them yet (Sensei before Twins).
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
Onegai Teacher
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 03:52:49 pm »
I think I read the manga (to Onegai Teacher, that is) a while back. It was sorta short, but not too bad otherwise...

Offline kalark

• Sailor Scout
Onegai Teacher
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 06:34:30 pm »
I loved the show :D

it always made me tear up toward the end, and hell even a little during the story (darn romances >_<)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Onegai Teacher
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 07:45:37 pm »
I watched Twins before Sensei (actually I still haven't seen Sensei yet).  It was good and I liked it.  

My only problem with it was I figured out who was the twin about 4 episodes before it was revealed.  I also had a made up drinking-game for every time someone said "we might be strangers."  (note: I don't drink, I just made the game up)

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
Onegai Teacher
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 08:13:14 pm »
HUrray for TOrrents... Bah to DSL not liking to torrent for me.... I'll have Onegai Twins done in like 5 days, due to bad weather and DSL.... >.< And only 5 seeds.... >.> Anyway Onegai Sensei is fun to watch show, kind of reminds me of "Ah! My Goddess~" in a way.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
Onegai Teacher
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 11:50:27 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
I watched Twins before Sensei (actually I still haven't seen Sensei yet).  It was good and I liked it.  

My only problem with it was I figured out who was the twin about 4 episodes before it was revealed.  I also had a made up drinking-game for every time someone said "we might be strangers."  (note: I don't drink, I just made the game up)

Ummm, that doesn't make sense.

Did you watch the entire series?

SPOILER BELOW, HIGHLIGHT TO READ:

If you pay attention at the end, they say that Karen was asleep and wasn't in the picture. They're actually triplets.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Onegai Teacher
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 07:44:40 pm »
@Dustin (major spoiler ahead for anyone else who hasn't seen it)  And please forgive if I space on the names

No, I'm pretty sure they're not triplets.  I interpreted that last part as "The real sister isn't in the photograph but the childhood friend is so Miya isn't a total stranger and explains why she has the photo."  Plus there was the extra episode after the photograph was explained.  Miya was still trying to date Maiku and having to remind Karen about respecting her relationship.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Onegai Teacher
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 08:21:51 pm »
Isn't Onegai the manga title, and Please! the anime?

@thejew, yeah, I know what you mean. Have a super-powered girlfriend! Had a long posted discussion with a fellow in the UK who is a total Mizuho fanatic.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
Onegai Teacher
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 09:42:28 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
@Dustin (major spoiler ahead for anyone else who hasn't seen it)  And please forgive if I space on the names

No, I'm pretty sure they're not triplets.  I interpreted that last part as "The real sister isn't in the photograph but the childhood friend is so Miya isn't a total stranger and explains why she has the photo."  Plus there was the extra episode after the photograph was explained.  Miya was still trying to date Maiku and having to remind Karen about respecting her relationship.

Spoiler warning, again.

Well, the english version may have been different. I watched it in Japanese as it came out (I downloaded it as it aired in Japan) and Maiku clearly refers to both of them as his Imouto at the end (Because he read it in that journal, yet, for some reason Karen didn't get to that part. I don't know why, but its a huge plot vice thats been annoying me ever since I watched it).

Maiku was technically born first. They're triplets. Karen was taking a nap when the picture was taken because she was appearantly anemic when they were younger. In regards to the other episode, Mina and Maiku didn't actually fill Karen in on that fact yet. The japanese love to advocate incest for some reason (Angel Sanctuary, anyone?).

If I remember correctly, the last tv episode, before that OVA, ending with Maiku saying "Should we tell her the truth? That she was taking a nap during that time?" and Mina said "Hmm....not quite yet". I remember it quite well. I was kinda disappointed with Twins because they couldn't get the guy that played Kei back, so he didn't speak. At all. He sneezed a few times, but that was it. I remember finding that annoying.

Though, its true people interpretate things differently, that was how it was supposed to be taken. They had another Onegai series afterwards, but it was a radio drama. I think it was called Onegai Friends, or something similer. All the characters from Sensei and Twins appeared in it, as background characters (They love doing that, as its a reaccuring theme now).

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Onegai Teacher
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 11:31:07 pm »
@Dustin
major spoiler
No, just Karen is the sister in anime.  although, I heard its reversed in the manga, but either way, they're not triplets.  The one who wasn't the sister happened to be a childhood friend like Negima said.  I've got the US release and watched it in both dub and sub format and there isn't any triplets.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
Onegai Teacher
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 02:08:36 am »
Quote from: "Seraph"
@Dustin
major spoiler
No, just Karen is the sister in anime.  although, I heard its reversed in the manga, but either way, they're not triplets.  The one who wasn't the sister happened to be a childhood friend like Negima said.  I've got the US release and watched it in both dub and sub format and there isn't any triplets.

Spoilers again. Anyone still reading this, lol?

Ok, to get deep into this. Mina is, by law, not related to Maiku. However, neither is Karen. The fact that all three are blood related is shown in their common trait. Blue eyes. The last episode is called Three Person Twins, which is another way of saying Triplets. You have to pay VERY close attention to the subtext of the episodes. If you were to do a blood test on all three, it would come back as a postive relation.

The hints at them being triplets were dropped from the very early episodes. You have to also pay attention to the characteristcs each of them have, and how they differ, yet how they are the same.

The creators know they're triplets. Which is why in the anime, Karen turns out to be the sister, but its Mina who does in the manga. Maiku further alludes to it in the last episode.

It was the creators intentions to allude to them being triplets, yet include seperate endings for each girl, much like a dating sim video game. To include both endings in the anime would be weird, so one ending was written out for the anime, the other the manga.

However, you can still believe whatever you want. This entire conversation happend years ago when the series first came out, too, ironically enough.

Oh, and for further proof, let me bring this up. Probabilistically, what are the chances of three half-foreign kids living in Japan, with the same memories of growing up at the same place, all with blue eyes, all looking for their supposed twin after having been abandoned, AND having the same photo?

The title Onegai Twins is a joke in its own right. After the first episode I figured out they were triplets. Then, ten episodes later with very little plot development, the plot comes out and one girl is picked as the supposed sister.

You know, it could very well be that I am simply overanalyzing the situation, but my mind refuses to let me believe they're not triplets. Especially given the time in which I watched the series, after all the information presented, both in trying to prove it, and deny it. I still believe they're triplets. Then again, the creators won't specifically say, they will only allude to it.

I guess the only way to technically find out would be to go to japan, learn to read japanese, buy the hentai PC game the entire series is based on (Please Please (AKA PleaseX2)), play the game, get all the endings, and then find out which is the true canonical ending. However, who really has time to do that?