Author Topic: SAY almost ANYTHING WE WANT TO!  (Read 2160429 times)

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
Re: SAY almost ANYTHING WE WANT TO!
« Reply #7050 on: March 09, 2009, 09:21:57 pm »
you never did ask out for coffee did you?
...No.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #7051 on: March 09, 2009, 09:29:09 pm »
My house looks like Babies R Us..... and its making me lonely. I dont want to wait for baby anymore, he needs to come now lol
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7052 on: March 09, 2009, 09:29:20 pm »
GUUUUUUYZ :[

I am totally freakin' out right now. D:

I need to wake up at 5am, spend all day at some band thing, and somehow have the time to complete this really difficult math problem and write a rough draft of a report on it before 3, or I'm going to fail my Math class, which I'm retaking.  And I don't even know that it's possible for me to pass at this point because the instructor isn't responding to my email, so I don't even know if this is the really difficult math problem I'm supposed to do, so I'm probably going to wind up just doing two really difficult math problems, writing three reports, and hoping at least one of them is satisfactory, and that my band instructor isn't quite as psychotically unreasonable as he seems and will let me take an hour or two off between 7am and 3pm to get this done.

AAAAAARGGH! D:
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #7053 on: March 09, 2009, 09:36:06 pm »
What? I kind of stopped listening about 1/2 way through. Sorry. lol Good grief.

I wake up whenever! Stay up til yeah, that's about right. Some times swing shift is the bomb!

@ Teasel, so why not ask out to coffee? Worst they can do is say no. If so, they were probably going to despise you anyway. Listen to the guy who got married!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #7054 on: March 09, 2009, 09:42:16 pm »
Uh, there currently isn't anyone to be asked out for coffee.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #7055 on: March 10, 2009, 12:17:57 am »
lol You can ask anyone out for coffee.

I know it may sound strange but I use to talk to guys all the time in the library or book store. Its really easy to find a topic to talk about. All you have to do is ask "hey, is that any good?" (preferably if you have heard or know somthing about the book or topic) Chick picks up a vampire book and you can ask if she has any recomendations....Its just a safe place to get a topic started. Also, many bookstores have coffee shops in them (starbucks, seattles best etc) so you can invite them to coffee. If she blows you off brush it off. She may have a boyfriend, but there is always that chance. You just gotta put yourself out there though.

:)
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #7056 on: March 10, 2009, 12:52:17 am »
And again, I don't drink coffee.
To be honest, I'm not actively looking for anyone right now.

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #7057 on: March 10, 2009, 01:00:15 am »
Ah. No worries. Just trying to be helpful. :)
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Mentally Hilarious

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #7058 on: March 10, 2009, 04:32:24 pm »
I has cookies that are burnt.....NUUUU! T^T

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #7059 on: March 10, 2009, 06:32:49 pm »
Better toss your cookies then eh?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #7060 on: March 10, 2009, 06:49:42 pm »
I has cookies that are burnt.....NUUUU! T^T

Today is a sad day
Cospaly                    Planed cosplay
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Blackstar                   Kiba
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7061 on: March 10, 2009, 07:42:53 pm »
I got my new WEBPAGE up!

www.bladeless.com

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #7062 on: March 10, 2009, 08:21:21 pm »
You guys better get on the ball, because the UO is going to be getting a gas turbine generator in the next couple of years, and tear out another old boiler. Oh, and we're talking about 6.5 megawatts or so of power. Don't know how much steam we are going to be generating off hand.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7063 on: March 10, 2009, 09:28:07 pm »
Coffee isn't really a prerequisite.  I'd never ask a girl out for coffee.  I ask them if they want to walk to Quiznos or Pizza Schmizza with me and grab lunch.  Or I offer to make them food; that hasn't gotten me any girlfriends yet but it seems like it has some real potential.

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7064 on: March 10, 2009, 09:34:11 pm »
I wanted to go to youth group because they were going to pass out these iced coffee sorta drinks... they're yummy...
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7065 on: March 10, 2009, 09:38:48 pm »
I'd also never ask a girl out to youth group.  I would however invite a girl I met in a Philosophy class to go hang out with me at a Thai restaurant where we could comfortably and openly share our ideals, morals, and philosophical theories.

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7066 on: March 10, 2009, 09:41:39 pm »
*blink* I'd go if you asked me to go to a candy store.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7067 on: March 10, 2009, 09:50:39 pm »
Candy stores work too, but when I want to get to know someone I need a place to sit down, or somewhere to stroll.  I like having discussions over Thai food because the spiciness and the depth with which it's prepared allows long pauses between bites, and it stays good longer than a lot of other food.  I also like biking with people whom I just want to spend more time with, but it's difficult to have deep conversations while riding a bike at 25-30 mph.  Fortunately, the I-205 bike trail has a few really pleasant, quiet, open fields along it once you get north of the detours, and the Springwater trail has a lot of little spots where it branches off into very tranquil wetlands and forested areas, so I'm hoping that my future involves bike-dates at some point, though it's not where I'd opt to start.

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7068 on: March 10, 2009, 10:05:47 pm »
........Aaaaawwwwwweee!!!!!!! xD You're such a cutie!!!!!

lol My ideal of the perfect way of getting to know someone is a little childish, but it works for me. I like to start off stating basic facts, like "I have ____ brother(s)/sister(s)." or "I've lived in ____ all my life." just basic facts about who you are. Then you go onto play the 20 Questions game to fill in the blanks. THEN you have to do the either or game (Cats or dogs, pepsi or coke kind of questions) and then to top it off you tell funny stories about your life. (Like when I was in first grade my and my best friend of 11ish years glued this kid to his seat with gluesticks.)

After all that I feel like I know a person pretty well IMO...

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #7069 on: March 10, 2009, 10:22:05 pm »
Well, I can see why I am married, and you aren't. sigh. Whatever happened to asking someone to do something fun? Go forth and HAVE FUN!!

If coffee ain't working, try tequila shots. Something that you yourself would have fun doing. If that doesn't work, go look for another bus.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7070 on: March 11, 2009, 08:04:24 pm »
Are we talking about me with the marriage thing, or was that from a previous point in the thread that I didn't catch?

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #7071 on: March 11, 2009, 08:17:47 pm »
I cut you.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7072 on: March 11, 2009, 08:22:52 pm »
TEQUILA SHOTS?!! Jay, that stuff's dangerous! Not as dangerous as Balsam, though. That's like a very alcoholic, bitter as h*** herbal... thing.

Coffee works well for me. I need coffee in the mornings from time to time to up my mood before you. Seriously. I need coffee when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed. After that, I'm fine :D
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #7073 on: March 11, 2009, 08:23:50 pm »
I cut you.

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #7074 on: March 11, 2009, 08:24:08 pm »
FREE CUTING FOR ALL
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #7075 on: March 11, 2009, 08:24:48 pm »
Well, it's legal now, could go for Absinthe. Now, that's different. whoa

CUT, take two

and call me in the morning.!

so you think you're cuting? so cute.
Have Fun

Jay

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #7076 on: March 11, 2009, 08:26:12 pm »
I cut you.

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #7077 on: March 11, 2009, 08:27:05 pm »
Jaybug did you just call me cute? If you did...................... forks and knifes
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #7078 on: March 11, 2009, 08:32:16 pm »
I just thought of a band you might like.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7079 on: March 11, 2009, 09:57:50 pm »
Well, I can see why I am married, and you aren't. sigh. Whatever happened to asking someone to do something fun? Go forth and HAVE FUN!!

If coffee ain't working, try tequila shots. Something that you yourself would have fun doing. If that doesn't work, go look for another bus.
I have a few guesses as to why I'm not married myself.  The first one having to do with the fact that I'm half your age, then there's the whole part where I don't want to get married until I'm old enough to know it's not going to end in a divorce, since my family has a long history of premature separation that I don't intend to maintain.

As for tequila, I'll hold off on asking girls to do anything illegal with me until I'm a little more desperate.

........Aaaaawwwwwweee!!!!!!! xD You're such a cutie!!!!!

lol My ideal of the perfect way of getting to know someone is a little childish, but it works for me. I like to start off stating basic facts, like "I have ____ brother(s)/sister(s)." or "I've lived in ____ all my life." just basic facts about who you are. Then you go onto play the 20 Questions game to fill in the blanks. THEN you have to do the either or game (Cats or dogs, pepsi or coke kind of questions) and then to top it off you tell funny stories about your life. (Like when I was in first grade my and my best friend of 11ish years glued this kid to his seat with gluesticks.)

After all that I feel like I know a person pretty well IMO...
Actually, I used 20 questions to ask my last girlfriend out.  She got it in 12; she's so clever!  Anyway, I told her "I'm thinking of a phrase.  You have 20 Y/N questions with which to determine the answer."  The answer was "I love you," and after that we just sort of declared ourselves dating.  :D  We had been pretty flirtatious with each other for about 2 and a half months prior though, so it's not like it was all that spur-of-the-moment.  I still strongly regret that we had to break up; she's one of the most amazing girls I've ever known. :(

One of the numerous awesome things about Outdoor School is that you learn a lot of ways to get to know people non-intrusively, and without being creepy.  It's pretty necessary when you're spending a week with 130-150 people you don't know and only 10 or 12 people you do know. :D

Blackstar, just FYI, the present-tense for "cut" is C-U-T-T-I-N-G.  Otherwise, you're verbing an adjective, which is just sloppy.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #7080 on: March 11, 2009, 10:25:42 pm »
Somehow, i still don't think it goes, hi, wanna play 20 questions? Get married?

Pick on a Cougar! Ask her to tequila shots! lol Cougar Barbie comes to mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjDmCEJokZs

Have Fun

Jay

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7081 on: March 11, 2009, 10:47:27 pm »
No.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7082 on: March 11, 2009, 11:56:10 pm »
Completely irrelevant to the above conversation, but I don't care! I'm going to do some theraputic posting and hopefully give you guys a little advice with friendship.

Back in highschool I met a friend who eventually went by the nickname "Tora". Tora and I hit it off really well because of a mutual love of Sailor Moon. She was a little odd at times (since the first year and a half I knew her she wore only one outfit among other things), but because of her I was able to out myself as an anime fan.

Things were really great, but because of her parents being constantly busy and wrapped up in their own lives (to which they often kind of shoved their four kids to the side), my parents developed issues because they ended up driving use everywhere and also some problems with Tora's personality.

Nonetheless, Tora was a great support through some really difficult times in my life, but sophmore year something happened. She started a blog. In this blog she would vent her feelings without a care as to the other party. A few times I ended up the target of her frustrated postings, and this really really hurt. The main start of this was that I had started dating her best friend from gradeschool. We'll call him "Shini" since... that's what we called him. It was short for "Shinigami", you know, back before "Shinigami" was a house hold word. (Yeah, I be cool all right). Anywho, turns out Tora's little sister had a massive crush on Shini and was also depressed and suicidal! To top it off, she sent me hate mail.

So what did I do? I went to my parents who talked to Tora's parents, therefore causing Li'l Sis to go to a therapist. Well, this didn't go over so well with Tora and she put the blame on me (of course).  Eventually the real huge drama blows over blahblahblah, BUT I never, ever could get over the fact that I was put to blame for everything and I internally declared our friendship dead.

Things were not so cut and dry as "Well, now that we're not friends, I'll give her the finger and tell her to bugger off". I was a coward about it. Because Tora and I shared the same circle of friends, for the remaining time I was in highschool, I pretty much put up a face and tolerated her. My senior year I didn't invite her to my birthday, and when I started deviantART, I posted a gif I made in highschool featuring me, my friend Liz, and Tora whom I labeled as "A person I know". She found out and was terribly hurt about it.

So now I haven't heard from her at all for roughly four years. Today I decided that I was going to purge some of my old art into the recycling and came across all the drawings that she had given me along with some notes stating how she was happy we were friends and that she hoped that things like her getting a boyfriend (who previously liked me. I rejected him.) wouldn't get in the way of our friendship.

I realized moreso than anything else that I didn't handle things well. Sure, the friendship was pretty much doomed to fail at some point in time or another just because of the way I've personally changed, but still this old friendship haunts me with guilt on rare occasion.

So if you've read this far (Kudos!), learn from me: if you have a problem with a friend, for god's sake tell them. Hiding things over does not help because chances are if you're being passive aggressive, they either won't notice or will not figure out why you're acting so cranky around them. If you decide to end a friendship because it's just not getting along, it's best to tell them that, too. I'm still struggling with this big time right now. It takes major cahones to say something like that, but it's much better than what I did by dragging things out in some awful, two-faced farce through high school.

And also, if you do have an issue you need worked out, do it face to face or at least on a phone. IM or email or anything internet related (maybe Skype excluded) just doesn't cut it. You can't tell emotion from words. I've learned this from arguing with my boyfriend. Internet just exacerbates issues. We can go back and forth for hours on IM, but if we argue it out over the phone, it's usually dealt with in and over in a fraction of that time. He doesn't understand passive aggressive behavior, so I also had to learn how to tell him the things that were bothering me.

It's also important to know yourself and your state of being when you're upset. I have three stages of anger. When I'm initially mad at my boyfriend about something,  I can't talk to him at first because I have a nasty tongue and will snap at him when I'm like that. The second stage is when I usually consider where I went wrong in the issue and barter things out internally. It's only at the third stage when I've considered things and calmed down that I can really talk to him and work things out.

Given this is about my boyfriend and me, but this is what I would do if I had major issues with my friends now. I wish I had been able to do this in highschool, certainly it would have saved me a lot of grief, crying, and embarrassment, but that's just not how things panned out.

Reading through this and remembering, Tora was bitchy and self righteous from time to time and wouldn't apologize when she had hurt my feelings by bashing me through her blog, but I had expected her to act the way I would have in her position, and that wasn't right. Because I just pouted and acted childishly, internally demanding that she come forth and apologize first before I forgave her, things just got worse and abruptly ended without any sort of definite cut off.  It could have been handled so much better.

So there you go. My lengthy history that, honestly, I really don't like to talk about much. I hope it wasn't too annoying, and I hope maybe you guys learn something from it. It's embarrassing because while I definitely think she had a part in our friendship's ending, I had just as equal of a part. I hope you guys can avoid the problems that I've had.

ADDED NOTE: I guess there was some drama or something on the forums again, and I just want to STREEEEESSSSS that this post has nothing to do with that. Seriously. Like I said, I was cleaning out my closet and that was the spark for this. Longest. Post. EVAR.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 11:58:47 pm by lychee-twist »
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #7083 on: March 12, 2009, 08:53:21 am »
So if you've read this far (Kudos!), learn from me: if you have a problem with a friend, for god's sake tell them. Hiding things over does not help because chances are if you're being passive aggressive, they either won't notice or will not figure out why you're acting so cranky around them. If you decide to end a friendship because it's just not getting along, it's best to tell them that, too. I'm still struggling with this big time right now. It takes major cahones to say something like that, but it's much better than what I did by dragging things out in some awful, two-faced farce through high school.

And also, if you do have an issue you need worked out, do it face to face or at least on a phone. IM or email or anything internet related (maybe Skype excluded) just doesn't cut it. You can't tell emotion from words. I've learned this from arguing with my boyfriend. Internet just exacerbates issues. We can go back and forth for hours on IM, but if we argue it out over the phone, it's usually dealt with in and over in a fraction of that time. He doesn't understand passive aggressive behavior, so I also had to learn how to tell him the things that were bothering me.

QFMFT!

Ive done something very similar in a friendship I had. Dont blog nasty things about your friends, talk to them about it! Also dont stay quiet about things that piss you off. Communication is key to a friendship.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7084 on: March 12, 2009, 11:13:37 am »
ZOMG!
I agree with this!
you people are amazing!
and yea communication is probably good.
Next con: Kumori-con

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #7085 on: March 12, 2009, 01:35:25 pm »
I cut you.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #7086 on: March 12, 2009, 04:52:36 pm »
Call me cheese, cut me please! LMAO!

DO it, pull the finger! I double dog dare you!

I am so glad I grew up before the Internet was invented. It was bad enough without it, now to worry that your stupidity and emotional plane wreckage can go world wide. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbVw7entkxg Wow, a flight upgrade makes it all better donut?

sigh

Huh, someone else who has to step way back from themself, when P.O.'ed. Funny, I can let things go quickly, but am still easily cheesed! Count to 10....bargle fargle frab jab muck muck
Have Fun

Jay

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7087 on: March 12, 2009, 04:57:36 pm »
I'm still thinking the marriage thing is aimed at me...... >> Or am I just paranoid?

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #7088 on: March 12, 2009, 05:11:30 pm »
I cut you?

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7089 on: March 12, 2009, 05:14:11 pm »
Sa sha shwa...

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #7090 on: March 12, 2009, 05:15:46 pm »
I cut you. maybe

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7091 on: March 12, 2009, 05:38:05 pm »
Shaaaa....shwaa shwa shwa.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #7092 on: March 12, 2009, 06:39:06 pm »
Say CHEESE!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #7093 on: March 12, 2009, 06:50:35 pm »
I don't need a toilet! I can go in my suit!

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7094 on: March 12, 2009, 07:23:10 pm »
SHWA NA NAA!!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7095 on: March 12, 2009, 09:18:44 pm »
I'm still thinking the marriage thing is aimed at me...... >> Or am I just paranoid?
Yes.

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7096 on: March 12, 2009, 09:41:25 pm »
Yes.

...Yes which? Yes it's about me, or yes I'm paranoid.

Cuz if it's the marriage thing, I was never mentioning that. I just said my way of getting to know someone throughout the first few weeks. After that it's all about getting comfortable hanging with them and learning even more funny stories, and how they act in certain situations, etc. It's not like I was saying that after a game of 20 questions I'm ready to get married to the guy and hop in the sack. I'm just ready to be his friend.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7097 on: March 12, 2009, 09:44:34 pm »
Yes, but not either of those.

Perhaps...yes, it's something to consider.

Maybe...yes, because only Y/N questions are allowed.

Or possibly...yes, I'm just messing with your head. ;P

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7098 on: March 12, 2009, 09:46:46 pm »
.......RAWR! >,O My brain is on its death bed!! Don't mess with it!!!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7099 on: March 12, 2009, 09:48:44 pm »
Seriously?  What would it take to get a spot on your brain's will?  I'm really desperate for a few hundred million extra neurons...